Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 08-21-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with that so long as the roster spots are used for minor league players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm fine with that so long as the roster spots are used for minor league players.
Right. I think that would be easier to monitor though than having to update the list of minor leaguers and keep track of call ups. Worth a shot at least.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds good to me. I'm suprised they don't already have a thing for keeper leagues where you can hold minor leaguers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How should free agents be handled this year? Auction or draft? Last year I included them in the draft because I was contracting two teams and so the pool was rather deep. Not sure what to do here.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Auctions are much more fine so we can do it that way. We'd have to replenish the money though I'd think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Give everyone 30 (or so) dollars?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Give everyone 30 (or so) dollars?
I don't know how the money would be figured out. If Prince goes to the Blue Jays everyone would just bid $30 for him I'd think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Why? If someone has 130 dollars they are going to bid more than 30 for Prince.

Ah...I see. I meant 30 extra dollars for everyone.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Why? If someone has 130 dollars they are going to bid more than 30 for Prince.

Ah...I see. I meant 30 extra dollars for everyone.
Yeah we got mixed up there but yes that would make the most sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I get 20 bucks for Aaron Hill, which is pretty awesome.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I get 20 bucks for Aaron Hill, which is pretty awesome.
That's a disgrace on ESPN's part haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one can catch me. Let's discuss keepers.

I'm leaning toward these 12 guys for next year:

Justin Verlander, Ervin Santana, Jered Weaver, Jose Valverde, Jose Bautista, Mark Teixeira, Derek Jeter, Jeff Niemann, Mariano Rivera, Melky Cabrera, Nick Markakis, and either Scott Baker, Matt Harrison or Nick Swisher.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Here's my 13:

Justin Morneau, Elvis Andrus, Mike Moustakas (total upside), Desmond Jennings, BJ Upton, James Shields, David Price, Neftali Feliz, Jonathan Papelbon, Shin Soo Choo, Nelson Cruz, Michael Young

Not sure who to cut from that. I've already given up on Delmon Young

Old 08-24-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably go Beckett, Ricky Romero, Gio Gonzalez, Zach Britton, Daniel Bard, Derek Holland, Brett Gardner, Alex Gordon, Asdrubal Cabrera, Paul Konerko, Adam Lind, A-Rod, and Brantley.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to choose right now, I'd go with: Carlos Santana, A-Gonz, Cuddyer, Beltre, Peralta, Carlos Quentin, King Felix, Haren, Masterson, Scherzer, and 2 of Chisenhall, Willingham, Crisp, and Span.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

My 12 keepers right now are probably: Victor Martinez, Dustin Pedroia, Jacoby Ellsbury, Josh Hamilton, Carl Crawford, Brennan Boesch, Billy Butler, Dustin Ackley, Jon Lester, CJ Wilson, Sergio Santos, and Chris Perez.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't know how I'm this much better than some of you guys this year based on keepers alone. But I am.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't remember if we had some considerations for this last year, but I would hope we make some sort of exception in September for having to add our minor league prospects to our big league roster if they are called up when MLB rosters expand.

It doesn't really make sense to require us all to cut guys just because of September call-ups.

Thoughts, BF?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There was an exemption last year as well. After September 1st you can do whatever you want. Add or don't add, doesn't matter.

Anyone added to the majors after Sept 1st is still eligible to be kept on a minor league roster next year as well.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since Britton is in the majors I guess I have an open minor league space. I'll take the next Miguel Cabrera aka Miguel Sano.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 12:

1B Eric Hosmer
1B Justin Smoak
2B Robinson Cano
2B/OF Ben Zobrist
2B/3B Brett Lawrie
SS Yunel Escobar
OF Colby Rasmus
OF Ichiro (I guess, he looks better at least)
UT David Ortiz
P Brett Anderson
P Brandon League

Last spot will go between Jordan Walden, Grady Sizemore (F you), Andrew Bailey, and Humber I guess. My pitching is mighty impressive. Thanks Lackey, Matusz, Carmona, and Garza going to the Cubs.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hey BF,

Leonys Martin is on my minor leagues team.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Tough titty said the kitty.

Just kidding, I'll drop him.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How does it work if someone's minor league player was never called up? Could I make a bid on them or should have I asked this last week?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

No, we established this a while ago. You can't lose players off your minor league team just because we didn't add them when they were a September call-up.