Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Miz/R-Truth promo was absolute gold. Can see them coming out next week during a Bourne/Kofi tag match and attacking them after the match and lifting up the belts saying they want an opportunity and they're taking it. Tag division on it's way back. Oh, and I'm loving how they're bringing back the old school interviews that the superstars do early in the day and show them while someone is on the way to the ring. Little things like that do go noticed.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree about the in-box interviews. I still watch those on youtube.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They really need to fire Lawler.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So I just read that Mysterio has been wrestling with a torn ACL for a couple of weeks now. I forgot who said wrestlers weren't tough but yeah...sounds pretty tough to me.
especially when you consider Rey's style of wrestling.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dave Meltzer is reporting that Rey Mysterio will undergo reconstructive knee surgery on Friday.The belief is he will be out of action until after next year's Wrestlemania.
will all the injuries Rey has been suffering the past few years wonder how much longer he'll try to wrestle
Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably until he can officially pass the torch to Sin Cara
Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or the guy pretending to be Sin Cara.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Or the guy pretending to be Sin Cara.
The real Sin Cara is back already though. I would have no problem seeing Rey vs real Cara at WM 28 as Rey's last match.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Rey vs. Cara would be good but Cara has to be a little cleaner and precise in his ring work and clean up the botches. WrestleMania isn't Smackdown. No opportunities to edit or redo botched moves or entrances but he has plenty of time so I think he'll be fine.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know TNA isnt exactly popular 'round these parts, but I made an 'alltime TNA card' for another forum, and thought id post it here as well.

TNA World Title
Christian Cage w/ Tomko (2007) vs. AJ Styles (2009)

- Christian's run as a heel in 2007 with Christian's Coalition was freakin magical. One of my favorite acts in the last 5 or so years. Amazing promos, amazing matches, all around awesome entertainment. This version of Christian is what I think of when I think "TNA World Champion". His opponent? Mr TNA. The guy who has done more for TNA than anyone, and one of the only top guys that Christian never properly feuded with. They had one match in very early 2006, but I would have KILLED for this feud. I went with the 2009 version of AJ because of how good he was during his title reign, and because I think he was a better and more complete wrestler than he was in his earlier years. Pretty much my ultimate TNA dream match.

Singles Match
Kurt Angle (2008) vs. Desmond Wolfe (2009)

- My co-main event would be a technical classic between two guys that have already delivered two classics against one another. I could watch these two wrestle every night and never get tired of it. I went with 2009 for Wolfe because thats when he arrived on the scene and had his matches with Angle, and really put himself on the map by being awesome. I went with 2008 Kurt Angle for several reasons. 1) His role as Godfather in the MEM, I loved him there. 2) His amazing run of matches with Christian, Joe, Styles, Jarrett, and Abyss. He was unbelievable in 2008.

Six Sides of Steel for the TNA World Tag Team Titles
Beer Money (2011) vs. Triple X (2004)

- One of the best matches in TNA history was Americas Most Wanted vs Triple X in Six Sides of Steel. Now, take that match, and replace Chris Harris with Robert Roode. Thats what I expect out of this match as I put it on this card. I chose 2011 Beer Money because I think that, as talents, Roode and Storm are better now that theyve ever been, and it shows with their consistently awesome performances. I chose 2004 Triple X because that was their main year as an entity in TNA, which included their aforementioned Cage Match with AMW. Possible show stealer amongst a show of amazing matches.

TNA X Division Title
Samoa Joe (2005) vs. Low Ki (2002)

- The most dominant wrestler in TNA history—Samoa Joe, defending the X Division Title against the guy that deserves far more credit than what he gets for his part in making the X Division what it is—Low Ki. 2005 Joe, representing his debut year and the beginnings of his streak, along with his matches against AJ and his Unbreakable Triple Threat, is one of the main cogs in the best era in the history of the X Division. The only era that can challenge 2005 is 2002, where Low Ki helped define the X Division with fantastic match after fantastic match with the likes of AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Jerry Lynn, etc. Two hard hitting strikers that can fly, this would definitely be the stiffest match of the night.

Three Way Dance
Raven (2003) vs. Jeff Jarrett (2005) vs. Sting (2006)

- I almost picked Punk to wrestle Raven one on one, but this is just talking about TNA body of work, and while Punk was amazing in ROH and is amazing in WWE, his TNA body of work is just too small to really stand out. By adding Jarrett, I touch on the biggest rivalry in early TNA history—Raven against Jeff Jarrett. This rivalry took place in 2003, when Raven was on fire. He was the first big name to come to TNA fresh from WWE, and the fans were REALLY behind his quest to win the title. Except one man stood in his way, and that was Jeff Jarrett. The most hated man in TNA history, Jarrett was an awesome foe for Raven. In 2005, Planet Jarrett was in full force, and my god people loathed them. Then theres the ultimate babyface in Sting. One of the more perpetually over wrestlers ever. I picked 2006 for him with BFG in mind, when he was in amazing shape and finally dethroned Jarrett for the belt. Give these three a month to build this match up, and I guarantee you it would get more heat from the fans than any of the other matches.

Ultimate X Match
The Motor City Machine Guns (2010) vs. The Latin American Xchange w/ Konnan (2006)

- Two of the best teams in TNA history, they've crossed paths, but not while they were both at their best. In TNA's signature Ultimate X Match, im putting the 2010 version of MCMG, that had their awesome title run, against the 2006 version of LAX that might have been the hottest act in wrestling at the time. Homicide and Hernandez paired up with Konnan as their mouthpiece was just a perfect mix of talent. Their feud with Styles & Daniels in 06 might be the best Tag feud in recent memory. And that feud with Styles/Daniels is one of the reasons I put them against the Guns, because of the similar fast paced style. Hernandez isnt amazing, but put him with guys that he can toss around like ragdolls, and he instantly becomes 1000x better, and thats what Im doing here. High spots galore! Every major card needs a spotfest.

Monsters Ball
Monty Brown (2005) vs. Abyss w/ James Mitchell (2005) vs. Matt Morgan (2009) vs. Rhino (2006) vs. Jeff Hardy (2011)

- Okay, maybe two spotfests. Remember when the stip for Monsters Ball was to seclude the talent with no light, food, or water for 24 hours before the match? Yea, im bringing that back. Also, I'll be making sure that 'no drugs' is on that list as well so that Hardy shows up in working condition. I chose 2011 Hardy because 1) His music rules, and 2) I actually loved his heel persona when he wasnt ruining PPV main events. Then I add Monty Brown from the era that he should have won the World Title, which might be TNA's biggest wasted opportunity. This guy was money, and would POUUUNCE everyone in this match. Multiple times. Then theres Abyss, the whole reason for Monsters ball, and he would be accompanied by James Mitchell who is a seriously underrated talent. Abyss was damn good himself back in 2005. Meanwhile, Rhino is always good for a brawl, and Morgan deserved to be on the card. PLUNDER!

TNA Knockouts Title
Awesome Kong (2007) vs. Gail Kim (2007)

- Most people lament the current state of the Knockouts, fondly remembering the precedent that these two set for the division in 2007. They laid the foundation for a fantastic division with a great feud that included a legitimate four star match, something I havent seen from a womens match (in the US) in AGES. These two are probably the two faces of the division to this day. When people think of the Knockouts and how good they are/were, they probably think of these two. I give Kong the belt as the dominant champion, and let the plucky babyface Gail try to dethrone her. Women's wrestling at its best.

10 Man Kevin Nash Open Invitational X Division Gauntlet Battle Royal
The Austin Starr (2006) vs. Petey Williams (2005) vs. Black Machismo (2007) vs. Kazarian (2011) vs. Jerry Lynn (2002) vs. The Amazing Red (2002) vs. Douglas Williams (2010) vs. Sonjay Dutt (2005) vs. Roderick Strong (2005) vs. D'Angelo Dinero (2010)

- Yes, the Kevin Nash Open Invitational X Division Gauntlet Battle Royal. Probably one of my favorite little gimmicks ever, Kevin Nash's involvement with the X Division was perfect, and I wanted it represented on my 'all time' card. As for the 10 participants, its pretty much a 'greatest hits' list of X Division wrestlers, with my favorite periods for each of the talents represented. I know some people hated Austin Starr, but in my eyes, its probably one of the best things TNA has ever done. That gimmick was supremely entertaining. Throw in mainstays like Petey Williams, Kazarian, Sonjay, Red, etc, along with x division pioneer Jerry Lynn, and talents like The Pope that can easily slide into the X Division, and couldnt fit elsewhere on the card. Add all of that together, and you have the makings of an energetic, fun opening match that will energize the crowd for the rest of the loaded card.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Grisham finished up with WWE at last night's television taping and is headed to ESPN.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sportscenters with Grisham and Coach?!?!
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

ESPN can have Grisham and Coach. Just give the WWE Erin Andrews and Michelle Beadle in return and we'll leave it at that.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The Young Bucks Returning To Ring Of Honor

Matt Hardy Posts A Disturbing Video On YouTube; Tweets A Phone Number

Umm, he done lost his mind and then.

Matt Hardy Rushed To Hospital

Not good.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He tweeted the wrong number too.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize this isn't the most appropriate time, but how the hell does Matt Hardy keep getting such attractive girlfriends? Dude looks like he got hit in the face by a shovel.

Also, hope he's ok.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I just hope he doesn't do something stupid or more stupid.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a Hardy Boyz fan since the begining and it's just sad how they turned out. They both have some serious issues. That being said, I hope Matt is ok.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I realize this isn't the most appropriate time, but how the hell does Matt Hardy keep getting such attractive girlfriends? Dude looks like he got hit in the face by a shovel.

Also, hope he's ok.
Reby is a famewhore who is using Matt to boost her career.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-24-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

On a side note Jeff Hardy is returning to TNA this week...
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Reby is a famewhore who is using Matt to boost her career.
Wasn't Charlie Sheen available?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

She's trying to be a wrestler though, so it works that way. She does appear to sort of care for him I guess.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reby was the "Giants Girl", correct?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Reby was the "Giants Girl", correct?
Ya that is her. Then she went to AAA and was doing **** over there last time I bothered to pay attention to her.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

Yes, Reby Sky was in fact the Giants Girl