Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-25-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
And this is wrong. It should be the # of starting WRs per team x10 that you compare with the difference between Eli and Brady. So Fitz vs. the 20th or 30th WR... and again - that's based on last year's stats. This year, it makes sense to predict a slight drop-off for Brady (possibly big drop-off), and at least a slight bump in production for Fitz. Regress/progressing to the mean.
Still not quite as large. But much closer.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So do you lose the 48th overall pick? Or you just get to start your team with one player from your roster last year?
No losing picks. I get three keepers. Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, and it came down to Fitz or Brady and I went with Brady.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
In a keeper league I kept Tom Brady over Larry Fitzgerald. Bad move? 6pt per passing TD and only .5 PPR.
Quote:
Eh not always. In our format Brady scored 27 more points than any player. The difference between Brady and the #10 ranked QB (Eli Manning) was 82 points. The difference between Larry and the WR ranked roughly 10 spots below him will be less of a difference. It's up for discussion, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up, but I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as you think.
Fitz will be right back in the top 10 with a competent QB. Give me Fitz every time this year.

Quote:
OK but you are neglecting the fact that if you reaped the benefits of Brady's awesome season, you paid a 3rd round pick. The person who picked up Orton/Vick/late round QB got an impact RB or WR in the 3rd round.

Also, Orton missed 3 starts so you obviously would have started someone else in those weeks.

Brady had an amazing season last year. It's doubtful he puts on the same show. Fitz on the other hand has an actual QB rather than John Skelton and Derek Anderson.
Quote:
And this is wrong. It should be the # of starting WRs per team x10 that you compare with the difference between Eli and Brady. So Fitz vs. the 20th or 30th WR... and again - that's based on last year's stats. This year, it makes sense to predict a slight drop-off for Brady (possibly big drop-off), and at least a slight bump in production for Fitz. Regress/progressing to the mean.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gpngc again."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No losing picks. I get three keepers. Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, and it came down to Fitz or Brady and I went with Brady.
Holy ****. AP, Foster, and Brady/Fitz? Did they just write you the check already? Very nice team-building Jug.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, really. Even for a 2-team league, that's a pretty nice start.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Holy ****. AP, Foster, and Brady/Fitz? Did they just write you the check already? Very nice team-building Jug.
I've basically had Brady, AP, and Calvin Johnson or Fitz the last three years. I've finished first twice and second once in the regular season but have still yet to win it. Anything can happen in one week during the playoffs. Ended up finishing third last year.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just drafted in my 12 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K, and 1 flex. Deep bench too, and .5 PPR - I had the second pick. Took some gambles (one obvious one), and my WR's are pretty weak. Let me know what you think:

QB: Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford
RB: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Beanie Wells, Roy Helu, Ben Tate, Kendall Hunter
WR: Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Kenny Britt, Jacoby Ford, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook
D/ST: Kansas City
K: Rob Bironas
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:51 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had our rookie draft recently too: http://football9.myfantasyleague.com...43&F=0001&O=07
Some off-season moves still coming so not the exact roster I'm going into the season with yet...

Drafted the following rookies:

1.2 Jones Julio
2.10 Quinn Robert
3.7 Vereen Shane
3.10 Locker Jake
4.1 Sheard Jabaal
5.10 Henery Alex
6.10 Kendricks Lance
7.10 Dowling Ras-I

Traded Greg Jennings for the 1.2 pick and a move up from 5.4 to 4.1. Lost the 1.10 pick when I traded it with Lawrence Timmons and Vanden Bosch for Clay Matthews and Charles Johnson. Gave up Tim Hightower and Jimmy Graham for Owen Daniels at the draft. What do you guys think?

Last edited by whatadai : 08-26-2011 at 05:54 AM.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Just drafted in my 12 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K, and 1 flex. Deep bench too, and .5 PPR - I had the second pick. Took some gambles (one obvious one), and my WR's are pretty weak. Let me know what you think:

QB: Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford
RB: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Beanie Wells, Roy Helu, Ben Tate, Kendall Hunter
WR: Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Kenny Britt, Jacoby Ford, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook
D/ST: Kansas City
K: Rob Bironas
WTF? How are you so stacked? Can I join that league? LOL.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you trade Sid Rice for James Starks? 1 point PPR and Grant has looked bad according to reports. Or should I just stick with AP, Hightower, Lynch, and Delone Carter? I'm pretty stacked at WR now, so moving one for a RB could be done.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are your other WR's?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who are your other WR's?
Fitz, Jennings, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, and James Jones. That's not including Sid Rice.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Fitz, Jennings, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, and James Jones. That's not including Sid Rice.
I'd do it then. You have no idea who's going to even get the ball to Rice in Seattle and Starks looked comfortable with the offense last year and GB won the SB with him so they'll have a quick hook with Grant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
WTF? How are you so stacked? Can I join that league? LOL.
I mean I was obviously relatively happy with my picks, don't like my WR depth a lot and QB could get ugly. Think the team looks better than it is too with Manning, if the gamble pays off then I'll look smart for taking him and if not my team could be in trouble. I do like Bradford though and I didn't like anybody else on the board all that much when I took Manning which is why I did it. Was happy to get some solid handcuffs too, Gore is a risk so having Hunter is nice. Getting the #2 pick and AD was cool too because I've got the #1 pick in another very similar league, think I'll go with Foster there as bit of a hedge.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team league, .5 ppr, which team do you prefer now.

Brees
Forte / Gore
Sjax
Nicks
Austin
Stevie J
Gates

Schaub / Matt Ryan
Rice
Sjax
Nicks
Jennings
Stevie J
Witten

Last edited by DiG : 08-26-2011 at 11:10 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

Brees
Forte / Gore
Sjax
Nicks
Austin
Stevie J
Gates

Schaub / Matt Ryan
Rice
Sjax
Nicks
Jennings
Stevie J
Witten
Brees > Schaub/Ryan
Gore/Forte < Rice
Sjax = Sjax
Nicks = Nicks
Austin < Jennings
Johnson = Johnson
Gates < Witten

I like team 2 more, as your RB/WR/TE are better. I think the players you have there will be able to make up the difference of not having Brees as your QB.

And just a word of advice to those drafting Stevie Johnson this year...
Personally, I wouldn't touch him til late. Teams seemed to figure out how to slow him down last year, as he only had 1 TD reception over the final 6 games, and did not reach 100 yards in any of them. Not to mention the fact that Lee Evans commanded all the double coverages last year, leaving Johnson 1-on-1. Now, Johnson is getting double-teamed and we have no idea how he's going to respond to them. Also, our Oline has looked absolutely abysmal this preseason, and we have no idea who our starting LT is at the moment. Bad Oline = less time for Fitz to find his receivers. Just a bit of info for any of you willing to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks I dont disagree with you on Stevie J. I have him as a rd 10 keeper which is why hes listed in both situations.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Would you trade Sid Rice for James Starks? 1 point PPR and Grant has looked bad according to reports. Or should I just stick with AP, Hightower, Lynch, and Delone Carter? I'm pretty stacked at WR now, so moving one for a RB could be done.
Not interested in owning Rice, tbh. One year wonder with lots of injury history and now moves to a team with a bag QB situation and a better WR on the roster. Trade away. Starks will be the better asset.

Quote:

Brees
Forte / Gore
Sjax
Nicks
Austin
Stevie J
Gates

Schaub / Matt Ryan
Rice
Sjax
Nicks
Jennings
Stevie J
Witten
Team one. Gates scares me, but if he plays you're golden. Any team with 2 QB (unless starting both) loses value for me.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can somebody please provide a description of WTF is going on with Maurice Jones-Drew. I've heard everything from a season ending injury being imminent to him being primed for one of his best years.

I have a draft for a big money league tomorrow. I drew the 13th pick out of 14 teams and I'm bracing for MJD being a viable option and I need to know how to look at him.

HALP!
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Can somebody please provide a description of WTF is going on with Maurice Jones-Drew. I've heard everything from a season ending injury being imminent to him being primed for one of his best years.

I have a draft for a big money league tomorrow. I drew the 13th pick out of 14 teams and I'm bracing for MJD being a viable option and I need to know how to look at him.

HALP!
i think that his value at 13 is awesome, just make sure you handcuff him with jennings.

edit: here's my team in bantx's 20 team league. scoring is standard for yahoo, with the exception being the league is ppr

qb: colt mccoy / donovan mcnabb
rb: ray rice / ricky williams
rb: jonathan stewart / jordan todman
wr: mike wallace / mohammed massoquoi
wr: brandon marshall / michael jenkins
te: dallas clark / cameron jordan
flex: mike thomas / dez briscoe / jon baldwin

lb: kevin burnett
lb: bradie james
db: yerimiah bell
db: charles woodson
d: t.j. ward / lance briggs

i'm pretty happy with this for 20 teams. i think rice will be the number one rb in ppr and marshall will do really well, too. i have a bunch of starting receivers, but i'm really weak at qb unless mcnabb explodes.

Last edited by sbh15 : 08-26-2011 at 12:19 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post

HALP!
He's a risk, but at 13 he is worth it. Basically, he has a craptastic knee that is bone-on-bone according to any outlets I'm reading. But he's ready to play and they're not foolish enough to run him in preseason, at this point.

Handcuff him, or suffer the consequences.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
He's a risk, but at 13 he is worth it. Basically, he has a craptastic knee that is bone-on-bone according to any outlets I'm reading. But he's ready to play and they're not foolish enough to run him in preseason, at this point.

Handcuff him, or suffer the consequences.
This ^^^

I'd also advise anyone to take a flyer on Jennings, weather you have MJD or not, he is one low tackle away from a starting job, and he definately has talent.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Team one. Gates scares me, but if he plays you're golden. Any team with 2 QB (unless starting both) loses value for me.
sorry it isnt both its one or the other. same with the gore/forte. it isnt both its one or the other. basically i know that one of them will be available to draft and even if both are im not sure which one id take yet.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all this Peyton business, I propose a question:

Romo for Manning straight up. Who wins?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
sorry it isnt both its one or the other. same with the gore/forte. it isnt both its one or the other. basically i know that one of them will be available to draft and even if both are im not sure which one id take yet.
Ok, gotcha. Team 2, (Schaub, preferably) by a lot, then.

Witten is always dominant and always undervalued compared to Gates. Personally, I'm thinking we see VJax as outrageously dominant as we saw from Gates last year. Roles reversed (sort of) with Gates limping around with an injury known to be catastrophic, rather than missing time due to holdout.

Schaub over Ryan b/c the Falcons identity is still based on pounding the ball, whereas Houston is all aerial attack.

Plus, you have better RB pairs and WR pairs with that squad. I'm expecting a big chip-on-the-shoulder type year from Jennings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
With all this Peyton business, I propose a question:

Romo for Manning straight up. Who wins?
meh. I'm not buying the Romo stock. It's always majorly hyped and subsequently disappointing.

Obviously the winner depends on Manning's ability to get on the field.