Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, it was what it was. Not pretty, not overly terrible. Hopefully our offense starts moving the ball come week one but nothing to be too upset about here.

Except Jackie Battle. I hope to god he is cut and soon.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Few things:

See ya Battle and Richardson, good riddance.

Stanzi played really well. Gaither looked solid. Dexter is starting to become a serious weapon.

And now I go collapse cuz I'm exhausted.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw is Lilja hurt?Hudson came in for him real early
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pass rush looks sick. Sheff and Houston are both legit opposite Hali.

Pretty sure they just wanted Hudson to get first team repsat guard because he might be their only backup.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the D looked awful their first two drives, I'm not to worried about that said of the ball.

That said I think the Chiefs are going to miss Charlie Weis alot more then they or some fans want to admit.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
While the D looked awful their first two drives, I'm not to worried about that said of the ball.

That said I think the Chiefs are going to miss Charlie Weis alot more then they or some fans want to admit.
I saw on NFLN last night comparing what the Chiefs offense did before and after the news about Weis leaked and we're not even averaging 10 points a game sice the news broke Weis was heading to Florida
Old 08-27-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs should be fine. It took Weis a long time to figure out how to use the players on offense. When Haley called the plays a couple years ago, they got a lot better later in the season. With Haley basically over the offense this year, I expect a slight transition back to his philosophies from Year 1, but things shouldn't take long to click...
Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Weis was absolutely garbage on 3rd down all of last year.. I still won't miss him. Remember, Cassel and Charles barely played yesterday. I'm still not worried.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, 3rd Down last year was the demise of the team in the regular season (aside from the secondary being completely injured in the Denver game and Cassel missing the game @SD).
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Charles and Jones had 8 rushes and Cassel threw 13 passes. The sky isn't falling just yet.

And Hudson played the first half at guard and the second half at center. They want him to get as many reps as possible. It looks like he's going to be the swing guy on the interior this year, which I like. We do need to address guard for next year, though.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs starters have scored zero TD's this preseason zero.

Is the sky falling? No

Is there reason for some concern? Yes.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There is absolutely zero reason for concern. ZERO. The starters have barely played. Bradford had more snaps in the first quarter of yesterdays game than Cassel has had all preseason.

shrug, I'm still not worried at all. I'll worry when there is something to worry over.

ps. Did you know that the Chiefs are 1-10 in the preseason under Haley? He just doesn't use it the same way other coaches do. When he starts to care about it I will too.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Houston is sexy btw
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs waived WR Chandler Williams,RB/FB Tervaris Johnson,LB Erik Bakhtiari, DB Javes Lewis,WR Chris Manno,WR Josue Paul and DB Mario Russell.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Chiefs waived WR Chandler Williams,RB/FB Tervaris Johnson,LB Erik Bakhtiari, DB Javes Lewis,WR Chris Manno,WR Josue Paul and DB Mario Russell.
No surprises. Not much around the league either. The next cut will be much more difficult.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

James Sanders was cut by the Patriots. That's pretty damn surprising. Would be an upgrade over McGraw and Piscitelli (possibly even Lewis).

Jonathan Wilhite and Kade Weston are two other possibilities for the Chiefs to snag.

Last edited by nepg : 08-29-2011 at 05:23 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd love Kade Weston if we didn't just draft Powe.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Weston is a swing guy. He was groomed as a DE in New England.

Plus the Chiefs have 6 linemen that belong anywhere near an NFL roster and you typically want tho have at least 8.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The Chiefs are looking a lot better than the scoreboard and box score.

Once we get down to the final cuts, things should start coming together. They'll be able to cut to less than 53 and add some more talented players that got cut by more loaded teams like the Patriots, Eagles, etc.

The team has looked meh in the preseason because the 3rd and 4th string players are just not good. The Chiefs just haven't had the time to build up depth like some other teams with longer-tenured regimes have been able to do.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs place OT O'Callaghan on I.R

Dude is hurt more than Priest Holmes.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was at the Chiefs practice at Arrowhead a few nights ago and O'Call yelled at a little girl right next to me.. he's a prick.

In related news, James Sanders has a meeting scheduled here in KC.. so I hope the Falcons let him walk without a contract! He would be greaaat depth and make me feel better about our secondary. He could even push Lewis for a starting spot, though I think that'd be a mistake with the way he gelled with Berry and the Brandons last year.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Ya, I figured they will look at James Sanders.

I don't know enough about him to say if he would be an upgrade over Lewis but like you said great depth for sure.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Former Patriots safety James Sanders and the Atlanta Falcons reached agreement tonight on a one-year deal.

Via Adam
Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Boo! Oh well.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Ya, would have been nice but not going to lose sleep over it.

Starter wise I love our secondary.