Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Xbox just crashed in the middle of a game and started flashing the rrod. Has anyone else had that happen to them before.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
How is Deus Ex, Im curious about whether or not I should check it out. How does the view change from first person shooter to stealth? Also how is the combat?
It transitions from first person to third person whenever you take cover or climb a ladder. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fairly seamless.

The combat is pretty solid, but this isn't a pure first person shooter and the gameplay reflects that a bit. More of an RPG type deal, with a heavy emphasis on problem solving, exploration, and finding creative solutions to stuff. When the guns to come out, it's fairly standard. Enemies don't take a whole lot of damage to bring down, but neither do you. You die with one or two bursts of fire without putting upgrade points into your health. Health regenerates, but not really all that quickly compared to other games with regenerating health. You can really just sit behind cover and wait for the bar to go out and keep shooting in most situations. The AI is aggressive and will actively move around during firefights, advancing towards you whenever they can to put pressure on. One enemy really isn't that tough, but in group situations it can be tough to handle.

It's an interesting game for sure. It's not really an over the top gunfight type of deal, but the art direction and the interesting story really keep it going. If you are on the fence or just curious, Redbox has copies of it to rent already.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started out and having lots of fun. I'm being super stealthy and avoiding killing anyone thus far, much like EE.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's good stuff man. I just made it out of China and into Montreal. I'm pretty sure I didn't kill a single person in China...we'll see if I can keep that up haha.
No joke man...I'm in the same boat. No blood spilled in China yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving it...it could use some work in a few areas. Namely...character graphics/quality, cut scene quality, voice acting, and well...I think they totally forgot to add like storage chests or something. lol. It's just so weird that there is no where to store items. I really do think they just spaced on it. Sure you could just drop them on the floor in a room somewhere, and they'll stick...but that's pretty freaking odd. I'm really have fun with it, though.

I do kind of feel like I'm cheating the game just a bit, though. Because I have hacking maxed out, so I unlock every door/safe as soon as I enter a new area. The mind reading type ability is kind of cheating too...but I like it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-26-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hacking is the way to go. I maxed out my Stealth in that category and just basically get free experience every time now. The most fun I've had with an Aug so far is the Icarus thing. Pretty awesome to from multiple stories on to enemies without getting hurt.

But yeah, the only time I've ever REALLY just straight up killed a lot of people was the quest in Derelict Row. I had just gotten a silenced Machine Pistol and wanted to try it out pretty badly haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. Surprisingly enough...I got in and out of Derelict Row unnoticed. When the achievement popped up, I was pretty surprised...there are hostile dudes everywhere.

I was thinking about getting the Icarus Aug. I havent touched stealth...The last thing I did was max out my armor and add some inventory room. Took me forever to realize there was an aug for inventory space. I new it had to be somewhere, based on the giant unused section of your inventory. It's certainly helpful.

I like how they set up the achievements...it's interesting to look at your's and my other friends' to see what route you guys went with. None of you guys ended up paying the 5000 credits to get that chick off the hook from Tong and the bartender dude. lol. Dammit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-26-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I didn't have it :/ I went to try it, but I had just paid for some expensive weapon mods and a Praxis. Plan on doing it on another playthrough at some point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ah I see. I've been saving credits like crazy. Its come in handy a few times during missions, where I've had to pay to settle things. :/ I do plan on fully modding my machine gun, though.

Did you ever get into the Police Station's Armory? I got one of those P.E.P. guns from in there, still havent even used it, though. China is damn near all stealth and slower missions. I'm digging it. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I got a P.E.P. from a random storage locker near one of the shuttles in Heng Sha. I got into the armory, but there was a guy there who was none to happy about my doing so. Figured it was best to avoid trouble in a building where everyone was armed. The actual gun is pretty sweet. Best used on a group on guys standing around unaware. It's not silent though, so you have to be careful about when you use.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. Yeah I totally knocked that guy out...he's still lying there unconscious. No one is around to see it, so it doesnt really matter. I got me some ammo in that storage locker for it too. I'll bust it out eventually, thanks for the tip.

But yeah, I do wonder what my choices will effect, however. I dont feel like there is a major morality system right now, but I dont really know yet.

edit...As for the police station, I raided like every room in that place. What's stupid though, is you can just steal stuff off a guy's desk, with him sitting at it...without him caring at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just going to add one thing here...I mentioned some things that could be improved. I omitted the worst part of the game...and that is the loading screens. They are freaking long.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys recommend upgrading for hacking? I just started out and am not really sure what to upgrade. I'm very stealthy so getting more energy, cloak, and stealth enhancements will be a priority - but hacking seems fairly important too.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What do you guys recommend upgrading for hacking? I just started out and am not really sure what to upgrade. I'm very stealthy so getting more energy, cloak, and stealth enhancements will be a priority - but hacking seems fairly important too.
All you need is capture. Just level up to level 5 capture as quickly as you can. When I hack, I never use fortify or anything else. I can hack everything and I never fail at it, just doing it this way.

Did you get the social enhancer yet? Emotional Intelligence Enhancer. It's the mind reading type thing...it tells you what kind of personality traits someone has and then you can use a pheromone to get answers/info out of people much easier. It's def. one of the best augs, considering how much talking you'll be doing. Someone you talk to actually suggests you get it, but I forget who.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-26-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
All you need is capture. Just level up to level 5 capture as quickly as you can. When I hack, I never use fortify or anything else. I can hack everything and I never fail at it, just doing it this way.

Did you get the social enhancer yet? Emotional Intelligence Enhancer. It's the mind reading type thing...it tells you what kind of personality traits someone has and then you can use a pheromone to get answers/info out of people much easier. It's def. one of the best augs, considering how much talking you'll be doing. Someone you talk to actually suggests you get it, but I forget who.
Ah, not yet. I'm still in the very early stages, heh. Thanks for the advice though. I'm going for the capture ability in hacking ASAP.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Wait, I'm confused. I'll put it in spoiler tags as to not give anything away..

Old 08-26-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Upgrade hack stealth too. Makes it SO much easier.

But yeah, same thing happened to me. Not sure if it's possible to keep them alive. I took my sweet time getting there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-26-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was curious, so I looked it up just now...apparently, they can be saved. The gas was set off long before I got to them for me.

I always like to tackle side quests right away....I didnt even realize it was a timed type thing, until you guys just brought that up. Only one I saved was the one at the end with Zeke...the chick who sounded like a man.
Quote:

It’s even possible to get them killed before you so much as start this mission – if you take much longer than I did exploring Sarif HQ, after repeated warnings from Sarif himself, he’ll let you know the situation has changed, and the hostages are dead when you arrive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-27-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah. I actually restarted the campaign to save them because I hadn't made it that far along quite yet.

It was just very surprising to me, because in most games you'll hear someone yelling at you to hurry up but ultimately it doesn't matter how long you take.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of this talk makes me even more mad that my Xbox died in the middle of a hurricane.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just got to Montreal in Deus Ex...looks like it's just one building, though? Not sure.

I dont know how you got the 50 takedowns, EE.

And yeah, good suggestion on the stealth hack for Forenci...Get capture to level 5 and then bring up stealth hack. It's money, just hack everything in sight. I also suggest upgrading your inventory space really early as well. Feels good not having to drop everything now. I can now actually carry a shot gun...its become my weapon of choice in combat. My Jensen is bad ass now...I can just play it as a shooter, but I still try to be stealthy first. I love hacking these assault robots and just have them turn on the security dudes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-27-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

By being a patient, sneaky bastard. It kind of annoys me that only one battery recharges, to be honest. I understand why they did it, but they should have made the recovery items easier to buy. Seems like merchants rarely have them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-27-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The power bar type things are on and in a lot of desks. I have a pretty good supply...but I also dont have near as many take downs as you.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-27-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/08...and-dinosaurs/

Dinosaurs confirmed for Battlefield 3. It's over. Call of Duty is finished.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-27-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I hate war games...but that's awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS