Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I've got roddy white as my no.1 reciever, although he had a good game last night, i'm abit worried about the addition of julio jones, white had 10 targets last night, to julio's 13 :/ Am i right to be concerned?
Right to be concerned, but White will still do well. He's not likely to repeat last year's dominant numbers but he'll still be top 10. I agree that it looks like ATL is force feeding Julio to ramp him up into the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Also, any thoughts on what I should do with the 8th overall pick in a 10 man league? I'm thinking Rodgers and then the top WR or top WR then Vick/Brady/Rivers.

But that seems like a long time to neglect runningback...
Scoring + Lineup make all the difference in answering this. With 10 teams - regardless of format & scoring, tbh - I'd stay away from QB in rounds 1-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
should I do this trade?

non ppr - standard scoring

I give Reggie Wayne
I get LeGarrette Blount

WR WR WR RB RB Flex

WR Hakeem Nicks, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne, Mario Manningham, Jeremy Maclin
RB Jamaal Charles, Jahvid Best, Mark Ingram, Jonathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert
Yes. Blount is a much better RB2 or flex than you have now and one of those WRs will ride pine even after you move Wayne. Maclin/Manningham will be solid.

Push for a little more, though. There's a good chance the owner of Blount thinks he's stealing Wayne.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushtaq23 View Post
Currently have Dustin Keller and Lance Kendricks at Tight End. Looking to change it up - my best FA options look to be Owen Daniels or Aaron Hernandez. Suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Grab Owen Daniels now. He is a better option than bother Keller and Kendricks. Honestly, you could easily cut both those guys and pickup both Daniels and Hernandez.
Yeah . . . there's no way Daniels should be on the wire.

Daniels

Kendricks
Hernandez

Keller

Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got the #1 pick in a league (.5 PPR, 6 pts for passing TD's) tonight, and an offer on the table - #1, #25, and #49 for #3, #22, and #46. I wanted to move up in the second to secure a QB hopefully with the higher points for passing TD's, and moving up in the 4th is nice as well. Plus I get to hold onto #24 and #48 and pick ahead of the guy instead of behind him which I like.

Essentially I'm figuring that at #3 I get a shot at Foster, Rice, or Peterson (should be Foster or Rice), and I get to move up later in the draft. Thoughts on the deal?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I've got the #1 pick in a league (.5 PPR, 6 pts for passing TD's) tonight, and an offer on the table - #1, #25, and #49 for #3, #22, and #46. I wanted to move up in the second to secure a QB hopefully with the higher points for passing TD's, and moving up in the 4th is nice as well. Plus I get to hold onto #24 and #48 and pick ahead of the guy instead of behind him which I like.

Essentially I'm figuring that at #3 I get a shot at Foster, Rice, or Peterson (should be Foster or Rice), and I get to move up later in the draft. Thoughts on the deal?
I'd take it. The value at the top of the draft this year is as evenly spread as I've seen it since I started playing, and that was 10 years ago. It's pretty wide open for the top spot, with CJ2K's contract issues there isn't really a clear cut #1 guy. I like Rice or Peterson much more at 3 then I do Foster or Charles at #1. Hell, the value may be in 3 anyways, moving up in the other rounds is just a perk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th pick in a 10 team league how did I do? Don't ask me how I got Peterson

QB- Eli Manning, Josh Freeman
RB- Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Ryan Mathews, Knowshon Moreno
WR- Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Marques Colston, Kenny Britt, Plaxico Burress
K- Nick Folk
D- New Orleans
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post

Honestly, I think I'd stand pat and take Foster. You'll probably be forced to choose between ADP and Charles and I just don't love Peterson as much in even half point ppr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
5th pick in a 10 team league how did I do? Don't ask me how I got Peterson

QB- Eli Manning, Josh Freeman
RB- Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Ryan Mathews, Knowshon Moreno
WR- Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Marques Colston, Kenny Britt, Plaxico Burress
K- Nick Folk
D- New Orleans
Ok, I'll skip the ADP question. How the **** did you also get AJ / DMC / Nicks? That's basically two 1st round picks and 2 second round picks, even in ten team leagues. Highway ******' robbery. Lots of upside in your bench, too.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Just had a 10 team, PPR draft. 1 point per reception, everything else the same. There's 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a RB/WR. I picked 2nd. Here is my team:

QB: Peyton Manning/Matt Ryan
RB: Adrian Peterson/Shonn Greene/Mark Ingram/Brandon Jacobs/Delone Carter
WR: Greg Jennings/Hakeem Nicks/Stevie Johnson/Santana Moss/Robert Meachem
TE: Jimmy Graham/Jared Cook
DEF: Chicago
K: Robbie Gould
Any comments on this team?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Thoughts on a potential trade, please.
It involves a DST. Say what??!!

I botched my first ever auction draft yesterday and have 5 WRs with a week 7 bye. Oops.

So I immediately send out trade messages and have been offered a few trades and have put out feelers on a few as well. Not a ton of good action but I have one offer that I'm thinking I will take.

The offer:
I give:
Jeremy Maclin & AJ Green (both week 7 byes)

I get:
Brandon Lloyd & Steeler DST

This league scores pretty high marks for DST and I managed to get the guy who made an offer to upgrade it to the Steelers DST. Pitt D scored 321 points in this league last year, which made them the 3rd highest scorer in the entire league - behind only Foster & Roddy.

My roster would still include a ton of WRs and it's a PPR league.
Welker / DJax / Collie / Moore / Braylon would still be on my roster along with Lloyd. I currently have no DST at all on my team. So I'd be getting a relatively fair replacement for Maclin (I'm warming up to Lloyd, he's laying out for balls even in preseason!) and I give up an uproven rookie WR for the leagues best D. Starting 2RB, 3WR, 1W/R/T & I have SJax / Greene / Wells / Woodhead / Fred Jackson.

Comments?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Just had a 10 team, PPR draft. 1 point per reception, everything else the same. There's 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a RB/WR. I picked 2nd. Here is my team:

QB: Peyton Manning/Matt Ryan
RB: Adrian Peterson/Shonn Greene/Mark Ingram/Brandon Jacobs/Delone Carter
WR: Greg Jennings/Hakeem Nicks/Stevie Johnson/Santana Moss/Robert Meachem
TE: Jimmy Graham/Jared Cook
DEF: Chicago
K: Robbie Gould

Not liking it for 10 teams, tbh. Like me, you'll need Greene to really put up RB1 numbers this year or he'll be an achilles heel for your team in PPR. I think it has too much invested in the QB spot, with likely 2 picks on QBs in the first ten rounds, right? The result is a very questionable flex every week - hoping for a breakout from Ingram or the Bills to produce like they did last year . . . gulp!

It's a good squad, but not great in 10 teams.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how you can dislike Stevie as a flex option with ppr.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I don't know how you can dislike Stevie as a flex option with ppr.
In a ten team league without taking two QBs through 10 rounds (as I am assuming) I think the flex position should be a more reliable, established commodity.

Stevie should be that in PPR, but I'm not sold on your Bills repeating last year's studliness on offense. Stevie gets doubled now and Fitz has never shown us he can be the man.

I'm just not sold on him or Ingram. They could very well be in the group of guys I am low on that blow up. FWIW - I had Stevie on my sleepers list last year and stayed away. Foolishly.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 Team PPR league. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR, 1 TE.

QB:
Matt Ryan
Kyle Orton

RB:
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
DeAngelo Williams
Daniel Thomas
James Starks
Toby Gerhart

WR:
Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Jeremy Maclin
Donald Driver

TE:
Jimmy Graham
Brandon Pettrigrew

K:
Gostkowski

D/ST:
Baltimore

+ Rep for thoughts.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
dynastyleaguefootball.com

also, try some google searches. i know that there are other resources out there.

I frickin love dynasty FF. rookie drafts are what brought me to SWDC in the first place.

rankings for dynasty are pretty similar to redraft. it is hard to walk the fine line of understimating & overvaluing age/experience

What's a redraft? I'm having trouble googling because I don't really know what to search for to find rankings for the first year of a dynasty.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
What's a redraft? I'm having trouble googling because I don't really know what to search for to find rankings for the first year of a dynasty.
I find it better to do my own rankings to begin with than print something else out and make 100 changes.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
In a ten team league without taking two QBs through 10 rounds (as I am assuming) I think the flex position should be a more reliable, established commodity.

Stevie should be that in PPR, but I'm not sold on your Bills repeating last year's studliness on offense. Stevie gets doubled now and Fitz has never shown us he can be the man.

I'm just not sold on him or Ingram. They could very well be in the group of guys I am low on that blow up. FWIW - I had Stevie on my sleepers list last year and stayed away. Foolishly.
The only reason why I picked up two top 10 QBs is because they started to go HEAVY off the board after I picked Peyton. I got PM in the 6th round and I'm not too comfortable with him to start the year, so I chose Ryan. The only reason why I chose Peyton was because it was such a good value on my part.

Yeah, I need to improve RBs, but I feel like I have enough depth at QB and potentially WR to make a trade if Greene busts again like last year.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I find it better to do my own rankings to begin with than print something else out and make 100 changes.
I just want to see how most people value potential in dynasty leagues so that I know where I can expect players to go.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not going to lie, I think it's a pretty good team if Manning recovers soon (not only to play, but to play well).

Peterson and Greene should be more than enough production at the RB for you, even in a PPR league. There are few RBs who'll make more points than Peterson, PPR or not. Greene, eh, not the best but you could definitely do worse. Ingram could be a nice surprise though.

Jennings, Nicks, and Johnson are the others you should use, IMO. Be a bit wary of Jennings though, I read somewhere that last year when Finley was active, Jennings did little to nothing when it came to catches and yards.

First 5 games last year: 14 catches, 183 yards, 3 TDs.

Graham is a favorite of mine, and Chicago and Gould are solid.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ok, I'll skip the ADP question. How the **** did you also get AJ / DMC / Nicks? That's basically two 1st round picks and 2 second round picks, even in ten team leagues. Highway ******' robbery. Lots of upside in your bench, too.
I got Andre in the second, Nicks in the third, and DMC in the 4th. My friends are ********.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
10 Team PPR league. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR, 1 TE.

QB:
Matt Ryan
Kyle Orton

RB:
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
DeAngelo Williams
Daniel Thomas
James Starks
Toby Gerhart

WR:
Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Jeremy Maclin
Donald Driver

TE:
Jimmy Graham
Brandon Pettrigrew

K:
Gostkowski

D/ST:
Baltimore

+ Rep for thoughts.
Like the QBs, Orton is nothing spectacular without McDaniels, IMO, but he's solid in a pinch. Ryan could be poised for a breakout year, good to have him.

Not too crazy about your RBs. Peterson is a stud, but MoJo is coming off an injury and I don't know why I don't feel good about him this year. Daniel Thomas can't beat out Reggie Bush for a starting gig, and Gerhart does little to nothing. I'm guessing you got him as insurance in case Adrian went down?

I like the rest of your team though. Good group of receivers, as I said above I love Graham and Pettigrew is good too, and Gostkowski and Baltimore are consistently top performers.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Here's my team, thoughts?

10 team league, PPR, picked second. My friends go QB heavy early on, so I took Rodgers to not wind up with effin Eli Manning as my starter.

QB Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit
WR Vincent Jackson, San Diego
WR Percy Harvin, Minnesota
RB LeGarrette Blount, Tampa Bay
RB Felix Jones, Dallas
TE JerMichael Finley, Green Bay
WR/RB/TE - WR Lance Moore, New Orleans

BN - QB Sam Bradford, St. Louis
BN - WR Mike Thomas, Jacksonville
BN - RB Mike Tolbert, San Diego
BN - RB Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants
BN - RB Jonathan Stewart, Carolina
BN - TE Rob Gronkowski, New England

K Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland

DST New England Patriots

D Lawrence Timmons, Pittsburgh
DL Justin Tuck, New York Giants
DB Eric Berry, Kansas City

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Like the QBs, Orton is nothing spectacular without McDaniels, IMO, but he's solid in a pinch. Ryan could be poised for a breakout year, good to have him.

Not too crazy about your RBs. Peterson is a stud, but MoJo is coming off an injury and I don't know why I don't feel good about him this year. Daniel Thomas can't beat out Reggie Bush for a starting gig, and Gerhart does little to nothing. I'm guessing you got him as insurance in case Adrian went down?
I wasn't crazy about MoJo either, until he was still there at 20. I almost had to pick him in order for the team picking behind me to have Vick, MJD, and Fitz. I never had him before so it should be fun. Daniel Thomas and Gerhart were late picks. Gerhart was the handcuff, and Thomas was a shot in the dark. Starks probably won't last very long when a decent WR emerges on the wire. There's always DeAngelo Williams, who I hope someone takes for a WR early on.

Quote:
I like the rest of your team though. Good group of receivers, as I said above I love Graham and Pettigrew is good too, and Gostkowski and Baltimore are consistently top performers.
Maclin fell quite a bit and everyone was scared off by Marshall. I figured I could grab both without a huge consequence considering the format and Hakeem Nicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Here's my team, thoughts?

10 team league, PPR, picked second. My friends go QB heavy early on, so I took Rodgers to not wind up with effin Eli Manning as my starter.

QB Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit
WR Vincent Jackson, San Diego
WR Percy Harvin, Minnesota
RB LeGarrette Blount, Tampa Bay
RB Felix Jones, Dallas
TE JerMichael Finley, Green Bay
WR/RB/TE - WR Lance Moore, New Orleans

BN - QB Sam Bradford, St. Louis
BN - WR Mike Thomas, Jacksonville
BN - RB Mike Tolbert, San Diego
BN - RB Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants
BN - RB Jonathan Stewart, Carolina
BN - TE Rob Gronkowski, New England

K Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland

DST New England Patriots

D Lawrence Timmons, Pittsburgh
DL Justin Tuck, New York Giants
DB Eric Berry, Kansas City
This team will probably win your league, and I have no idea what the other teams look like. I wanted Rodgers but couldn't do it at #1. With the way my draft turned out, I could have had Rodgers, MoJo, and Nicks. SMH. I'm not a Felix Jones fan but he's the man in Dallas. Like Blount for a big year, Johnson and Jackson are a sick 1-2, hesitant on Harvin. But mesh them all together and you're looking real good with a solid bench.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

I'm doing a couple of $10 leagues with my friends, and we want to have prizes that will keep people active each week, even if they are in the lower portion of the standings. One's a 12 team league and one's an 8 team league. Widest margin of victory for a game throughout the season would get like $5 or something is an example of what I mean.

We are also considering giving back a portion of the buy in for keeping an active roster each week, so you'd get like $.25 back each week for doing this, the rest would go to the prize pool. Any other ideas of things we could do to keep it interesting for everyone?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I'm doing a couple of $10 leagues with my friends, and we want to have prizes that will keep people active each week, even if they are in the lower portion of the standings. One's a 12 team league and one's an 8 team league. Widest margin of victory for a game throughout the season would get like $5 or something is an example of what I mean.

We are also considering giving back a portion of the buy in for keeping an active roster each week, so you'd get like $.25 back each week for doing this, the rest would go to the prize pool. Any other ideas of things we could do to keep it interesting for everyone?
Some of my friends have the lowest score each week pay the highest score each week $15 bucks or a dinner or some beers or something. Makes it interesting so that people are keeping track each week.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

There are a few people who are new to fantasy though, so I don't want to punish people, just want a few interesting prizes that are attainable for everyone, unlike league champion.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Default Any Thoughts On This?

Quote:

Thoughts on a potential trade, please.
It involves a DST. Say what??!!

I botched my first ever auction draft yesterday and have 5 WRs with a week 7 bye. Oops.

So I immediately send out trade messages and have been offered a few trades and have put out feelers on a few as well. Not a ton of good action but I have one offer that I'm thinking I will take.

The offer:
I give:
Jeremy Maclin & AJ Green (both week 7 byes)

I get:
Brandon Lloyd & Steeler DST

This league scores pretty high marks for DST and I managed to get the guy who made an offer to upgrade it to the Steelers DST. Pitt D scored 321 points in this league last year, which made them the 3rd highest scorer in the entire league - behind only Foster & Roddy.

My roster would still include a ton of WRs and it's a PPR league.
Welker / DJax / Collie / Moore / Braylon would still be on my roster along with Lloyd. I currently have no DST at all on my team. So I'd be getting a relatively fair replacement for Maclin (I'm warming up to Lloyd, he's laying out for balls even in preseason!) and I give up an uproven rookie WR for the leagues best D. Starting 2RB, 3WR, 1W/R/T & I have SJax / Greene / Wells / Woodhead / Fred Jackson.

Comments?
bump for the guy who gets ignored . . .

;)