Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Maddenhero
Rookie

Maddenhero hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Is Ricky Williams Back?

"Ricky is in the best shape of his life," Steinberg said. "He's passed all of his drug tests and he's at a place where he's ready to come back to the Dolphins."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2820270

I'm happy for Ricky.
Maddenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give him 4 months.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this an April Fools?!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Assuring his desire to return to the Dolphins, running back Ricky Williams has prepared a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell requesting reinstatement back into the league, his agent said Saturday.
Source: Miami Herald

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Is this an April Fools?!
Why would it be an April fools joke?

It's been known for a while that he wanted to come back, and I'm pretty sure he still owes the organization money. I see no reason why he doesn't get reinstated since he has done very well since being suspended, and his last failed test wasn't even for marijuana.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ricky Williams would be a huge boost for the Fins. I've always thought that there should be a good running back in Miami to spell Ronnie Brown, since he played his entire career in the 2 back system.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could use Ricky if he doesn't return to Miami....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see he passed his drug test

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

He'll be nothing but a backup sadly.waste of talent.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was garbage in the CFL, he wasnt even the best back, i thought he would be huge with the argos, but he just sucked, I dont no why people think he will do better with th phins
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
He was garbage in the CFL, he wasnt even the best back, i thought he would be huge with the argos, but he just sucked, I dont no why people think he will do better with th phins
He's already proven he can be a premier back in the NFL. The CFL different in many ways, and he had less than a season to get accustomed to the teams system. I think we all know he's not going to come back and be a feature back for the Phins or any other team, but he'd be a hell of a #2 for any team in the league.
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Um... you have no idea of what the CFL is like. A Westbrook type player would be the best CFL player ever, where "pounders", or backs that need more carries, will obviously do poorly...

The CFL is not about the running game.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I think Ricky Williams gets a bad rep from a lot of people that is undeserved. What "negative" things has he done really?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I think Ricky Williams gets a bad rep from a lot of people that is undeserved. What "negative" things has he done really?
Failed drug tests, backed out on his team mates.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Failed drug tests, backed out on his team mates.
He failed drug tests, yes. From what I know, he failed due to marijuana. Personally, that's not a big deal to me but I can see where the league is coming from. This is really the only thing I see as a negative for Ricky.

Backed out on his teammates? He has no obligation to play in the NFL. If he wants to retire from football, that's his decision and nobody should be able to tell him otherwise.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
He failed drug tests, yes. From what I know, he failed due to marijuana. Personally, that's not a big deal to me but I can see where the league is coming from. This is really the only thing I see as a negative for Ricky.

Backed out on his teammates? He has no obligation to play in the NFL. If he wants to retire from football, that's his decision and nobody should be able to tell him otherwise.
The only problem I had was when he retired. He is a grown man, he has the right to do whatever he wants, but he did it a few weeks before TC, which led to the teams 4-12 record.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The only problem I had was when he retired. He is a grown man, he has the right to do whatever he wants, but he did it a few weeks before TC, which led to the teams 4-12 record.
I think retiring then was a dick move. If he was gonna retire, he should have done so right after the season so the team could secure a replacement in FA or the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He is a very "deep" and interesting person. I'll give him that.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2002 Ricky Williams is up there with any other RB in history imo. He was such a man-beast.

Given the choice, I'd like to see him back in the league and playing with Ronnie Brown.

Last edited by Geo : 04-01-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you cant judge ricky williams, none of us really knows what happened between him and the dolphins organization that led to his retirement in the 1st place, i really doubt he would of returned if the dolphins weren't suing the hell out of him

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Phins should write him off. He has done nothing over his career but that can be considered beneficial to the team. Good character guys are becoming important in the NFL and Ricky is just not one.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
I think the Phins should write him off. He has done nothing over his career but that can be considered beneficial to the team. Good character guys are becoming important in the NFL and Ricky is just not one.
Has Ricky Williams ever been accused of a violent crime? I don't think so. He is a guy who has many other interests besides football and is someone who has troubles expressing himself. I think he was trying to find himself. There are far worst character problems in the NFL than Ricky Williams.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

The Jim Morrison of the NFL, no doubt.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He is a grown man. That's why he can make his own decisions. He had every right to retire when he did. People give Ricky a bad rap because he smokes marijuana and is shy. There are far worse people in the NFL.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
Are you serious? He was the workhorse of the Dolphins for a few seasons. Without him the offense was lost. Easily one of the best runningbacks in the league when in his prime.