Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What has 2 thumbs and is going to the opener?

THIS ******* GUY!
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
What has 2 thumbs and is going to the opener?

THIS ******* GUY!
I was gonna guess Bob Kelso

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will we see Randall Cobb for this game?
What does he have, hamstring issue? Has to be a "strain" of some kind.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Will we see Randall Cobb for this game?
What does he have, hamstring issue? Has to be a "strain" of some kind.....
His knee's are banged up... they called it a "contusion" which is just a bruise. If you remember the Cardinals game he returned a kick late in the game where a guy basically speared him at the knees with his helmet to tackle him. I have seen players tackling like this more and more often and I think the league needs to do something about that BS. My coaches never asked me to go out there and spearhead a guys knees with my helmet...
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
His knee's are banged up... they called it a "contusion" which is just a bruise. If you remember the Cardinals game he returned a kick late in the game where a guy basically speared him at the knees with his helmet to tackle him. I have seen players tackling like this more and more often and I think the league needs to do something about that BS. My coaches never asked me to go out there and spearhead a guys knees with my helmet...
The last thing we need in the league are more rules against how you can and can't hit a guy.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Want to pipe in on Brad Jones too. I'd be fine with him getting the boot. He just hasn't done much of anything. It's not like he has some insane potential we're waiting on either. Might as well give one of these guys, like Lattimore, a chance.

Exactly. Jones hasn't done anything this preseason and he gets hurt too often. I think he's as good as gone. I think So'oto is the one who makes the team, however. Lattimore will be signed to the PS. He's got potential, but he's still too little right now. Put him on the PS and have him bulk up
Old 09-01-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The last thing we need in the league are more rules against how you can and can't hit a guy.
I understand what your saying... but seriously leading with your helmet into someones knees??? Not sure if you ever played football, but I was never taught to tackle that way.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Exactly. Jones hasn't done anything this preseason and he gets hurt too often. I think he's as good as gone. I think So'oto is the one who makes the team, however. Lattimore will be signed to the PS. He's got potential, but he's still too little right now. Put him on the PS and have him bulk up
I disagree here, we're thin at LB and Jones was taking some reps at ILB earlier in camp. At this point, with Zombo out, Jones value has increased. I think he could be cut though if they place Zombo on the PUP and activate him.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I would do with the final 53.

Offense
QB: 3 Rodgers | Flynn | Harrell
RB: 3 Grant | Starks | Green
FB: 1 Kuhn
WR: 5 Jennings | Jones | Nelson | Driver | Cobb
TE: 5 Finley | Taylor | Williams | Crabtree | Quarless
OL: 9 Clifton | Lang | Wells | Sitton | Bulaga | Sherrod | Newhouse | Diet-Smith | Schlauderaff

I like Quinn Johnson, but he's not as good of a football player as any of the five tightends. Maybe Thompson should try to find a good enough deal to warrant trading Quarless or Crabtree.

Don't know who goes in the final two offensive line spots, as I don't believe anyone has really stood out among EDS, McDonald, Schlauderaff, Dominguez, Sampson.

Defense 24
DL: 6 Raji | Pickett | Neal | Green | CJ Wilson | Jarius Wynn
LB: 9 Matthews | Hawk | Bishop | Walden | So'oto | Smith | Brad Jones | Francois | Lattimore
CB: 5 Woodson | Williams | Shields | House | Lee
S: 4 Collins | Burnett | Peprah | Bush

So'oto has not only earned a roster spot, he's earned a good deal of playing time. The fifth corner spot is a bit of a toss up, but I'd stick with Lee.

Special Teams 3
Crosby | Masthay | Goode

Practice Squad 8
Tori Gurley
Sampson Genus
Ray Dominguez
Genus Sampson
Lawrence Guy
Ricky Elmore
MD Jennings
Josh Gordy

IR
Frank Zombo (If not, Lattimore to the PS)

Try to Trade
Chastin West
Crabtree/Quarless?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Here's what I would do with the final 53.

Offense
QB: 3 Rodgers | Flynn | Harrell
RB: 3 Grant | Starks | Green
FB: 1 Kuhn
WR: 5 Jennings | Jones | Nelson | Driver | Cobb
TE: 5 Finley | Taylor | Williams | Crabtree | Quarless
OL: 9 Clifton | Lang | Wells | Sitton | Bulaga | Sherrod | Newhouse | Diet-Smith | Schlauderaff

I like Quinn Johnson, but he's not as good of a football player as any of the five tightends. Maybe Thompson should try to find a good enough deal to warrant trading Quarless or Crabtree.

Don't know who goes in the final two offensive line spots, as I don't believe anyone has really stood out among EDS, McDonald, Schlauderaff, Dominguez, Sampson.

Defense 24
DL: 6 Raji | Pickett | Neal | Green | CJ Wilson | Jarius Wynn
LB: 9 Matthews | Hawk | Bishop | Walden | So'oto | Smith | Brad Jones | Francois | Lattimore
CB: 5 Woodson | Williams | Shields | House | Lee
S: 4 Collins | Burnett | Peprah | Bush

So'oto has not only earned a roster spot, he's earned a good deal of playing time. The fifth corner spot is a bit of a toss up, but I'd stick with Lee.

Special Teams 3
Crosby | Masthay | Goode

Practice Squad 8
Tori Gurley
Sampson Genus
Ray Dominguez
Genus Sampson
Lawrence Guy
Ricky Elmore
MD Jennings
Josh Gordy

IR
Frank Zombo (If not, Lattimore to the PS)

Try to Trade
Chastin West
Crabtree/Quarless?
Thats exactly how I would have the roster as well... Only spots im unsure about are the backup O-line and 5th CB Lee or Gordy..

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So'oto has so much potential, love his attitude.
Chastin West is going to be tough to let go.
Like Crabtree but his days are done here.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So'oto has so much potential, love his attitude.
Chastin West is going to be tough to let go.
Like Crabtree but his days are done here.
Crabtree has a better chance to make the team than Quarless; he's a superior blocker and plays special teams...Finley and Williams have a somewhat similar skill-set to Quarless and they're locks to make the team, do we need three guys like that? especially a third one who doesn't excel at anything over those two?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand what your saying... but seriously leading with your helmet into someones knees??? Not sure if you ever played football, but I was never taught to tackle that way.
Bingo.
Nobody teaches to use the helmet as a weapon, but because it's rock hard, like armor, these punks these days throw the side, back of their helmet into anything... sometimes the front of their helmet. It causes injuries, recklessly.

One day, they will go back to softer helmets. Maybe not the leather ones of yesteryear, but soften the exterior of the "shells". Maybe that will get these maniacs on defense to stop using it as a weapon.

DJ Williams took the place of Crabtree last night on kickoff coverage, and promptly we saw a 50+ yard return to his side, by Javier Arenas. These things don't get pointed out by the analysts, but the coaches know about them.

Special teams is huge.
Crabtree stays.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Crabtree has a better chance to make the team than Quarless; he's a superior blocker and plays special teams...Finley and Williams have a somewhat similar skill-set to Quarless and they're locks to make the team, do we need three guys like that? especially a third one who doesn't excel at anything over those two?
Absolutely not, I'd keep Crabtree over Quarless every time considering who we already have.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sitton signed to 5 yr extension. Yes!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

My prediction of the final roster

OFFENSE (26)

QBs (3)
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Matt Flynn
3) Graham Harrell

RBs (3)
1) Ryan Grant
2) James Starks
3) Alex Green

FBs (1)
1) John Kuhn

TEs (5)
1) Jermichael Finley
2) Andrew Quarless
3) Ryan Taylor
4) D.J. Williams
5) Tom Crabtree

WRs (5)
1) Greg Jennings
2) Donald Driver
3) James Jones
4) Jordy Nelson
5) Randall Cobb

OTs (4)
1) Chad Clifton
2) Bryan Bulaga
3) Derek Sherrod
4) Marshall Newhouse

OGs (4)
1) Josh Sitton
2) T.J. Lang
3) Evan Dietrich-Smith - Also the backup Center
4) Caleb Schlauderaff

OCs (1)
1) Scott Wells

DEFENSE (24)

DEs (4)
1) Ryan Pickett
2) Mike Neal
3) C.J. Wilson
4) Jarius Wynn

NTs (2)
1) B.J. Raji
2) Howard Green

ILBs (4)
1) A.J. Hawk
2) Desmond Bishop
3) D.J. Smith
4) Robert Francois

OLBs (5)
1) Clay Matthews
2) Erik Walden
3) Frank Zombo - does NOT go on IR
4) Vic So'oto
5) Brad Jones

CBs (6)
1) Tramon Williams
2) Charles Woodson
3) Sam Shields
4) Jarrett Bush - also backup at Safety
5) Davon House
6) Josh Gordy

Ss (3)
1) Nick Collins
2) Morgan Burnett
3) Charlie Peprah

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K (1)
1) Mason Crosby

P (1)
1) Tim Masthay

LS (1)
1) Brett Goode

KR/PR

1) Randall Cobb
2) Alex Green
3) Jordy Nelson

PRACTICE SQUAD:

OLB Jamari Lattimore
S Anthony Levine
WR Tori Gurley
OL Nick McDonald
OL Ray Dominguez
ILB Eli Joseph
S M.D. Jennings
DE Lawrence Guy

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-02-2011 at 03:12 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Why would we ever keep 5 TEs?

Old 09-03-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Borel, Brandian Ross, Schalauderaff gone so far. One of the jsonline writers had a 53 drawn up where we only keep eight linemen. While that seems a bit risky, I like the idea. I don't believe there's a 9th lineman that has earned his spot as much as guys at other positions.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Why would we ever keep 5 TEs?
They like what Taylor/D.J. Williams have done and Crabtree is still the best blocking TE on this team. Quarless has also looked good

they just released Chastin West, Tori Gurley and Kerry Taylor and are apparently going with 5 WR. Might be a good chance they go with 5 TE to
Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Cuts so far

Quote:
* OG Caleb Schlauderaff, 6th-round pick in 2011
* CB Brandian Ross, undrafted rookie in '11
* WR Diondre Borel, undrafted rookie in '11
* OG Sampson Genus, undrafted rookie in '11
* CB Brandon Underwood, 6th-round pick in '09
* WR Chastin West, undrafted free agent.
* WR Kerry Taylor, undrafted rookie in '11.
* WR Tori Gurley, undrafted rookie in '11.
* S Anthony Bratton, undrafted rookie in '11.
* FB Jon Hoese, undrafted rookie in '11.
* NT Jay Ross
* S Anthony Levine
FB Quinn Johnson might have also been cut

- DE Lawrence Guy is getting waived but the Packers plan to bring him back once he clears waivers and place him on IR

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-03-2011 at 01:18 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarius Wynn has also been named the starter for the New Orleans game.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Gurley being released puts a damper on my day...
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Whoa, reports are that the Pack will end up keeping Lattimore and Francois. With So'oto being a lock...that might mean Brad Jones gets cut. I didn't like what I saw from Jones, not to mention he's hurt a lot, but I didn't think they'd keep Lattimore over him at this stage. Guess the Pack didnt want to lose somebody like Lattimore, who shows a lot of promise but is veeeery light
Old 09-03-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gurley being released puts a damper on my day...
Kind of pointless to carry 6 WRs don't you think? If this was 3-4 years ago I'd be excited. But we have 4 legit starting calibur WRs and 1 very promising rookie. I'm more excited about our TEs and the matchups that they'll create.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Kind of pointless to carry 6 WRs don't you think? If this was 3-4 years ago I'd be excited. But we have 4 legit starting calibur WRs and 1 very promising rookie. I'm more excited about our TEs and the matchups that they'll create.
I understand... he was just the guy I was rooting for this training camp. Really liked his attitude and obviously his skill set.

If it is true that Brad Jones will be cut in favor of Lattimore that will make me feel a little better lol.