Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-01-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The laugh is on the Niners, who drafted these guys in the first and second rounds, respectively. Yeah, we got late round picks for them instead of cutting them outright, but those teams got them on the cheap, whereas the Niners were left with holes where there should have been starters and building blocks for a Championship team.

Mays just left the field, limping with an apparent knee injury.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The laugh is on the Niners, who drafted these guys in the first and second rounds, respectively. Yeah, we got late round picks for them instead of cutting them outright, but those teams got them on the cheap, whereas the Niners were left with holes where there should have been starters and building blocks for a Championship team.

It's not as if the Niners were reaching with any of theses players. The value was there. In Balmer's case, he was actually considered a steal at where he was drafted.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was laughing at the Niners...they deserve it in these cases.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please dont mention Balmer. I'm still pissed that we passed on FS Kenny Phillips. UGH.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demarcus Dobbs. Where did this guy come from???
Old 09-02-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Demarcus Dobbs. Where did this guy come from???
He's just a playmaker. He just completely dominated the LOS all game. I doubt its a fluke either because he has stood out every preseason game.

Other rookies i'm impressed with are Kendall Hunter, Bruce Miller, Daniel Kilgore, and Aldon Smith. Culliver and Person are alright, nothing special so far but not doing bad either. Johnson and Jones are probably both PS bound. I'm really disappointed in Kaepernick though, its never a good thing when you get outplayed by an UDFA. I think his combined QBR in the preseason is 25 or something, which is atrocious. He can't see the field year 1 and i think McCown becomes the backup QB.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
This is why you're not their GM. A lot can change between now and next year's draft, and though Luck's stock is high now, it could drop and he may not event be the first QB selected next April. Each year that goes by, the core gets older, and the team could get weaker quickly should they choose to continue to 'wait til next year.'

Remember last time when we had the #1 overall pick and optimism was high?
I think their are other reasons why I'm not the GM ;)...

Yeah its true that u never know how a Player stock rises or falls in one yaer. And to have the 1st ovr pick isnt to get the real Deal at QB.

But the big difference is Harbs! If he KNOW Luck is the real deal (and he is maybe the only person to nearly know that), THAN, only than it would be the best for us to get the 1st ovr pick and grab him. And the Meanings from all around the Football world are very similar about Luck. If Harbs thinks the same, it would be the best thing for our Franchise. But we are maybe to good to fall like this, but lets see...

For the only good scenarios are Playoffs or 1sr ovr!
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
It's not as if the Niners were reaching with any of theses players. The value was there. In Balmer's case, he was actually considered a steal at where he was drafted.
Show me the link for this. I heard "upside" in one or two random reports, but I heard a lot more negative as that was NOT a popular pick when it was made, especially considering the talent/value that was still available.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Like I've been saying (and getting killed for it on this board by some), Kap is still raw and he shouldn't be expected to be challenging for the starting job this year. He is behind the 8 Ball without an offseason to work with Harbaugh. He still has a great skill set and a rocket arm. Let him develop as a backup and hold judgement to at least next year, if not a little longer.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex to start, Hunter likely #2

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-tailback.html
Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Show me the link for this. I heard "upside" in one or two random reports, but I heard a lot more negative as that was NOT a popular pick when it was made, especially considering the talent/value that was still available.
he was supposed to be taken about 10 spots earlier in the 1st round
Old 09-02-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

You guys think Ian Williams is gonna make the team? I haven't noticed him at all in game action..
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
You guys think Ian Williams is gonna make the team? I haven't noticed him at all in game action..
I think he can make it on to the practice squad. He hasn't really impressed. I would rather keep an extra LB or DB on the roster.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's working for Williams is that he's gotten work at both DE and NT. I don't think he's ready. He's a prime PS candidate.

As for my 53, Moran Norris, Blake Castonzo, and Colin Jones are the ones making it tough on me. FB, S, and ILB in general.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
he was supposed to be taken about 10 spots earlier in the 1st round
I follow the draft process very closely and I don't recall that all. I'd again request some evidence on that one.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5-7 spots is probably more accurate than 10, but he should have been someone else's mistake instead of ours. Not enough drive to turn the talent and body he was given into a player.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

He had good size for the NFL but he never had good technique. He relied on physically overwhelming opponents in college and wasn't even consistent in doing that. His work habits and commitment were questioned. He was a bust waiting to happen.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With final cuts tomorrow, here's my final roster predition -

qb / 3 - Smith, McCown, Kaepernick
rb / 6 - Gore, Hunter, Dixon
fb / 7 - Miller
wr / 13 - Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Johnson, Williams
te / 16 - Davis, Walker, Byham
c / 18 - Goodwin, Wragge
og / 22 - Iupati, Snyder, Rachal, Kilgore
ot / 26 - Staley, Davis, Boone, Person

k / 27 - Akers
p / 28 - Lee
ls / 29 - Jennings

dt / 32 - Sopoaga, Jean-Francois, Williams
de / 35 - Smith, McDonald, Dobbs
olb / 39 - Haralson, Brooks, Smith, Applewhite
ilb / 42 - Willis, Bowman, Grant
cb / 48 - Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Brock, Culliver, Adams
ss / 51 - Whitner, Williams, Jones
fs / 53 - Goldson, Smith
Old 09-03-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Byham is out for the season.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:30 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

fb / 7 - Miller
c / 18 - Goodwin, Wragge

k / 27 - Akers
p / 28 - Lee
ls / 29 - Jennings

fs / 53 - Goldson, Smith
My Prediction is the same and was the same 2 weeks ago, with only difference that I had Reuland as the 3rd TE (because Byham is IR) and i got DE Tukafu for Colin Jones spot.
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I checked the 49ers official site, Byham is still on the active roster. Oh well.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

fb / 7 - Miller
c / 18 - Goodwin, Wragge

k / 27 - Akers
p / 28 - Lee
ls / 29 - Jennings

fs / 53 - Goldson, Smith
There's no way the team can only have 3 ILBs.

I highly doubt the teams top-2 ST's (Blake Castonzo and CJ Spillman will BOTH be cut)

I wouldn't mind seeing Moran Norris walk, but it doesn't seem likely.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
There's no way the team can only have 3 ILBs.

I highly doubt the teams top-2 ST's (Blake Castonzo and CJ Spillman will BOTH be cut)

I wouldn't mind seeing Moran Norris walk, but it doesn't seem likely.
ILB wise, I was going to put McKillop until I realized he wasnt on the 49ers roster. But who are the other ILB's? Arent the others all OLB's?

I dont see them keeping four safeties. I went with Williams over Spillman because he's a veteran and can play both safety spots plus I dont think the team would have kept him this long only to let him go but we'll see.

Morris doesnt fit in the WCO and if he's kept, I wouldnt be surprised if Harbaugh/Roman decide to focus on running like Sing and Nolan did. Rather see Miller make the final 53 and if we do keep Norris, maybe they could move Miller back to DE/LB.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
But who are the other ILB's?
Keaton Kristick, Alex Joseph, and Blake Castonzo

Quote:
I dont see them keeping four safeties.
They'll probably keep five, perhaps six...

Dont Whitner
Dashon Goldson
Reggie Smith
Madieu Williams
C.J. Spillman
perhaps Colin Jones (I'm thinking he'll go PS)

Quote:
Morris doesnt fit in the WCO and if he's kept, I wouldnt be surprised if Harbaugh/Roman decide to focus on running like Sing and Nolan did. Rather see Miller make the final 53 and if we do keep Norris, maybe they could move Miller back to DE/LB.
Miller will make the team. The question is whether Norris will. He has gotten the majority of reps this preseason and is the only player on the team with FB experience.

In an ideal situation Norris is cut and Miller/Walker are your FB's but I think Harbaugh realizes that Miller is so raw that Norris may be necessary.

It's sad to realize that Nate Byham's knee injury not only leaves the team looking for a better blocking TE but likely requires them keeping Norris. I think that if Byham were healthy he would be both the team's #3 TE and shre FB duties with Miller and Walker.

Oh well.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

File this is the Came From Out of Nowhere news but the 49ers cut QB Josh McCown!!!

Who are Harbaalke eyeing up???

The hot rumors are Carson Palmer or Tim Tebow.