Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
by held do you mean OWNED and using excuses? Merriman never bitched about holding..announcers never mentioned anything. no 1 did really
Merriman never bitched about holding, your right. But it's not like no one said anything about it. Just becasue he doesn't make excuses doesn't mean it didn't happen.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Exaclty, the pro-bowl race means nothing. That is why Hall is not the fastest. There are plenty of people faster. But when Devery Henderson and T.O. beat him, they caught the ball and they were running straight to the endzone, and Hall couldn't catch up. That [roves he isn't the fastest. His 40 isn't the fastest either, he ran a 4.37, people run under that. Yamon Figurs has a faster 40, so I guess in a month he will be the "NFL fastest man".

To be honest, you really never know. We don't know half of the players true striahgt line speed, so you can't really say someone is the NFL's fastest man. It is impossible, unless you get all 1,800 players and have them race.
why dont u ******* read my post dumbass cowgirl? i said FOOTWORK. Thats how he gets beat. Footwork and mental mistakes

im not a huge fan of Hall because hes a cocky little B but hes definatley 1 of the fastest players. Hester got beat by Wayne in Pro Bowl..you tell me hes not faster than Wayne
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Merriman never bitched about holding, your right. But it's not like no one said anything about it. Just becasue he doesn't make excuses doesn't mean it didn't happen.
go back and watch film. everything Light did was legal. if you say Light was holding then do not tell me Colts and Chargers were not holding us..
Old 04-01-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
go back and watch film. everything Light did was legal. if you say Light was holding then do not tell me Colts and Chargers were not holding us..
Thats just not true, grabbing someone around the head is not legal. Anyway because he only had one sack in one game makes him not an intimidating player? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thats just not true, grabbing someone around the head is not legal. Anyway because he only had one sack in one game makes him not an intimidating player? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard.
incase u didnt watch the game..he was NEUTRALIZED. he had 1 sack early and i dotn think his name was mentioned for rest of the game.

steroids dont intimidate people as much as a natural great player with a mean attitude on the field.

-Dawkins
-Taylor
-Lewis
-Trotter
-Peppers
-Harrison
-Henderson
-Urlacher

i can go on
Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
incase u didnt watch the game..he was NEUTRALIZED. he had 1 sack early and i dotn think his name was mentioned for rest of the game.

steroids dont intimidate people as much as a natural great player with a mean attitude on the field.

-Dawkins
-Taylor
-Lewis
-Trotter
-Peppers
-Harrison
-Henderson
-Urlacher

i can go on

In case I didn't watch the game? This coming from someone who said The Patriot linemen did nothing illegal to Merriman all game. Wow. I also like how you glorified your teams taunting in your other post too. Very mature.

And as for your list, not only are those players not as intimdiating as Merriman, but Peppers was suspended for a violatiuon of the Drug policy is rookie year anyway. Bad example on your part.

Dawkins is an intimidating player. Taylor is not so much intimidating as just a good player. Trotter is not intimidating. Lewis was intimidating, now he's just old. Peppers doesn't qualify as your "natural athlete" intimidator. Harrison hasn't played a full season in how long now? Urlacher got juked out by Tom Brady. Henderson is intimdating.

But so is Merriman.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
In case I didn't watch the game? This coming from someone who said The Patriot linemen did nothing illegal to Merriman all game. Wow. I also like how you glorified your teams taunting in your other post too. Very mature.

And as for your list, not only are those players not as intimdiating as Merriman, but Peppers was suspended for a violatiuon of the Drug policy is rookie year anyway. Bad example on your part.

Dawkins is an intimidating player. Taylor is not so much intimidating as just a good player. Trotter is not intimidating. Lewis was intimidating, now he's just old. Peppers doesn't qualify as your "natural athlete" intimidator. Harrison hasn't played a full season in how long now? Urlacher got juked out by Tom Brady. Henderson is intimdating.

But so is Merriman.
beign intimidating has nothing to do with 1 play or how much u've played or how old you are.

yes i glorify our taunting. Merriman taunts other people..he just needed a taste of his own blood
Old 04-01-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
beign intimidating has nothing to do with 1 play or how much u've played or how old you are.
exactly...which is why Merriman's one poor game (which wasn't all that bad) shouldnt qualify. And yes your age does effect how intimdiating you are. Rodney Harrison is not intimidating any more, nor is Ray Lewis. These guys are just likely to injure themselves as they are someone else. Brian Urlacher is a good player, but is not the same kind of intimdator that Merriman is. Bottom line, age does player a factor in how intimdiating someone is.

Quote:
yes i glorify our taunting. Merriman taunts other people..he just needed a taste of his own blood
Right...typical Pats fan trying to ensure that they still are "right". Question, is it taunting when the Patriots run out onto the field in the middle of the Chargers players being announced pre-game? (yes)

Is it taunting when after making a good play, a player chooses to celebrate his own success with his teamates (no)

Which category does Merriman's lights out dance seem more like? A TD celebration, or a classless organization such as the Patriots who show no respect to anyone unless you polish their trophies with them.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

intimidating to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

intimidating to me
in his prime yes, i didn't mean to argue that, but I mean right now? There are other players on the Ravens i find more intimidating than lewis.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Ken Dorsey = Greatest QB EVA!
hell no its CRAIG NALL!

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-01-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
in his prime yes, i didn't mean to argue that, but I mean right now? There are other players on the Ravens i find more intimidating than lewis.
which player? i could see ed reed but who else

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-01-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
which player? i could see ed reed but who else
I meant Ed Reed, maybe I shouldve just said player and not players haha.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
I meant Ed Reed, maybe I shouldve just said player and not players haha.
ok i agree with that. ed reed is a playmaker and a solid hitter

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-01-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
ok i agree with that. ed reed is a playmaker and a solid hitter
plus that kyle boller is real badass....
Old 04-01-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Ray Lewis may be old but he played well last season and was intimidating..his passion and fiery attitude is scary imo
Old 04-01-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Oh and to 2 other posters, Michael Vick and Donte Stallworth aren't even close to the fastest player in the NFL. First off Stalworth gets caught from behind all the time and he runs a 4.48:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profil...te.htm#agility

Second, I know Michael Vick has insane speed for a QB, but he is in no way the fastest player in the NFL.

And will everyone stop saying DeAngelo Hall please. It just pisses me off because everyone goes by that stupid pro-bowl contest. He is not the fastest player in the NFL. He lost it this year, by the way.

Michael Vick is at least in the discussion for the fastest, if you account acceleration, agility, on top of pure straight line speed. Reggie Bush is about the same, in all three categories, though.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Who is the fastest player in the NFL?
Deangelo Hall
Who is the Strongest player in the NFl?
Larry Allen
Who is the most intimidating player in the NFL?
Ray Lewis
Who is the smartest player in the nFL?
Peyton Manning
Who is the toughest player in the NFL?
Brett Favre
Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL?
Tom Brady
Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL?
Ladanian Tomlinson

i almost had the same thing
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

-Chad Johnson (homer pick)
-Walter Jones
-Ladanian Tomlinson ( He intimidates everyone on the opposing defense)
-Peyton Manning
-Brett Farve
-Tom Brady or Vinetari
-Devin Hester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
-Chad Johnson (homer pick)
-Walter Jones
-Ladanian Tomlinson ( He intimidates everyone on the opposing defense)
-Peyton Manning
-Brett Farve
-Tom Brady or Vinetari
-Devin Hester
Chad Johnson is fast, but Jerome Mathis is much faster.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

I remember the days where I'd just put Josh Brown for everything and piss everybody off.

Jerome Mathis
Larry Allen
Ray Lewis
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Josh Brown
LDT

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
It's not like he ran a 4.15 on his pro day or anything.
He didn't...you are trusting an unofficial 40 time on a Virginia Tech track where my grandmother could have run in the lower 4.3s.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
He didn't...you are trusting an unofficial 40 time on a Virginia Tech track where my grandmother could have run in the lower 4.3s.
How about you read some other posts in the thread I made after that bud?

Hall still ran in the 4.3's at the combine and when you watch Falcons' games, you can see he is damned fast. He might not be the the absolute fastest, but he's still in the conversation.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Last edited by cardsalltheway : 04-02-2007 at 08:27 AM.
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fastest - Ima say Ted Ginn
Strongest - Larry Allen all day
Most Intimidating - Ray Ray
Smartest - Ed "Read"
Toughest - Hard to go against Brett Favre
Mr Clutch - Tom Brady
Biggest Playmaker - Reggie Bush
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote