Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Steve Jo fans?

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 09-05-2011 at 01:31 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
1. Tupac
2. Biggie
3. Nas
4. Em
5. Jay-Z
6. AZ
7. Andre3K
8. Big Boi
9. Scarface
10. Rakim
11. Method Man
12. Redman
13. Raekwon
14. Ghostface
15. Common
16. Busta Rhymes
17. Big Pun
18. Big L
19. LL Cool J
20. Kool G Rap
21. Big Daddy Kane
22. Chuck D
23. Mos Def
24. Talib Kweli
25. Ras Kass
26. Black Thought
27. Gza
28. Pharoahe Monch
29. Guru
30. The Lox
31. Mobb Deep
32. Xzibit

I could go on, but all of these guys are head and shoulders better MCs than Kanye.

Kanye puts out great music, he's an excellent producer and you'd have a better argument if you wanted to say he was the GOAT as a producer. But as a rapper, he's average at best.
Like I said i misread the post and didn't know he said goat. LOL@Mobb Deep/Xzibit
Ray Lewis/Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lewis/Rice View Post
LOL@Mobb Deep/Xzibit
You need to catch up on your hip hop 101 if you don't think Mobb Deep/Xzibit were better MCs than Kanye.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obviously kanye isn't goat as a rapper, but in terms of the overall package? it's hard to find guys who can produce and rap at that level consistently. and let's also not underrate kanye as an mc. just because he's not spitting about coming from or about poverty/the ghetto/etc. doesn't mean he's not rapping dope ****.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You need to catch up on your hip hop 101 if you don't think Mobb Deep/Xzibit were better MCs than Kanye.
I bet you read more list about rating lyricist than listened to songs by half the people on your list.
Resonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll put Mobb Deep > Kanye easily. 90's/early 2000 Mobb Deep was the ****.
Havoc was a dope ass producer. Prodigy was good before he forgot how to rhyme.
You can counter that Kanye is both in one package but I'll maintain my original statement.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are missing E-40, The Game and Mac Dre on your list IMO. All 3 are greats in my eyes

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:37 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah there is some serious underrating of Kanye going on here. I will concede I haven't listened to all the guys you listed as better, but Kanye just puts out great music. As an overall artist, I can't really think of many if any that are better.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not going to make a list right now because i don't have one (even tho i did kinda spark this debate) but looking at some of these lists, Kool G Rap is being criminally underrated - IMO of course. :P
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
I bet you read more list about rating lyricist than listened to songs by half the people on your list.
I actually do (or have in the past) listen(ed) to all of these guys on a regular basis. That's why I can say with 100% confidence they are all better MCs than Kanye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
i'm not going to make a list right now because i don't have one (even tho i did kinda spark this debate) but looking at some of these lists, Kool G Rap is being criminally underrated - IMO of course. :P
It's not really a "list", I was just naming them as they popped in my head. There are probably a lot more guys I could've listed if I actually took my time.

G Rap is a legend, Roots of Evil is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last 3 songs I played:

Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk but that hold on john song is one of the best songs ive heard in a while.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Last 3 songs I played:
And not a single....
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xzibit? The dude can't freestyle to save his life. Tom Green outdid him on his show.

And if you don't like Mobb, listen to Shook Ones.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Xzibit? The dude can't freestyle to save his life. Tom Green outdid him on his show.

if freestyling was a judging point, jin would be the GOAT

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
if freestyling was a judging point, jin would be the GOAT
Canibus says hi. Canibus should be on the better rapper list as well. Guys production has been comically bad, but he is an amazing MC.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last 3 freestyles......

Last edited by Rob S : 09-06-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Yea Canibus is ill, I forgot to mention Bone Thugs too.

I think we can put the 'Kanye could be the GOAT' talk in the trash.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post

Idk about that, X has gotten a lot of hate since he went on Pimp My Ride but he was a beast with the Alkaholiks and all through his first 3 solos.

Here's a pretty good freestyle BTW, "Gettin beat by the chain of command, tear out the heart of a man and watch em die while it beat in my hand"

Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Idk about that, X has gotten a lot of hate since he went on Pimp My Ride but he was a beast with the Alkaholiks and all through his first 3 solos.

Here's a pretty good freestyle BTW, "Gettin beat by the chain of command, tear out the heart of a man and watch em die while it beat in my hand"

X and Ice Cube both get their fair share of hate nowadays. The hate certainly isn't without reason, but both (especially Cube) were pretty awesome.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely feeling the Bone Thugs right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Canibus says hi. Canibus should be on the better rapper list as well. Guys production has been comically bad, but he is an amazing MC.
Canibus is indeed awesome. Punchlines is a sick song.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

What makes a great lyricist? Thought provoking, rhyme, entertainment, creativity, originality? Examples welcome.

Last edited by Resonance : 09-07-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THIS IS A MUCH WATCH!!!!!! skip the first 2mins though.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote