Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing we got Dominguez and Gurley back on the PS, I am thrilled. I laugh every time I see Genus; he reminds me of the OL version of BJ Raji: Squatty.

Overall, pretty happy with the overall roster; 53 man and PS.

Now time to see a full game of ARod and the best WR/TE corps in the league. I really hope our OL can block.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep the O-Line is the major problem atm. I see it being more like the first half of the 09 season because they havent looked good at all :/

Clifton looks past it, and all the rest other than Sitton have looked average at best. We do have a bit of hope in Sherrod, Bulaga and Sitton but the the two young tackles arent there yet.

Last edited by SuperPacker : 09-04-2011 at 05:47 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really would have liked to keep Gordy.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Really would have liked to keep Gordy.
Yep, i dont now why we kept Borel over Gordy.... Maybe one is being kept for when Driver retires or gets past it and maybe one incase we cant keep Nelson but we dont need 3 on the PS!!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yep, i dont now why we kept Borel over Gordy.... Maybe one is being kept for when Driver retires or gets past it and maybe one incase we cant keep Nelson but we dont need 3 on the PS!!
I'm not sure, but it is possible that Gordy isn't eligible for the PS...

Plus what is the deal with everyone's love affair with Gordy? He made that one INT in the 1st preseason game, which was pretty much thrown to him. After that he never really stood out or made any noticeable plays. I would have picked Bush/Lee over him for the simple fact they know the defense better in a year with a shortened offseason.

Last edited by CheeseKnuckles : 09-05-2011 at 07:21 AM.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I'm not sure, but it is possible that Gordy isn't eligible for the PS...

Plus what is the deal with everyone's love affair with Gordy? He made that one INT in the 1st preseason game, which was pretty much thrown to him. After that he never really stood out or made any noticeable plays. I would have picked Bush/Lee over him for the simple fact they know the defense better in a year with a shortened offseason.
I never got that either. He'd be a developmental prospect at best. He didn't stand out like Shields did last year. However he was PS eligable and they choose not to keep him which says alot of what the coaches thought of him.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have liked to keep a developmental CB over a developmental WR (Borel) anyday with the roster we have and West and Gurley already on the PS. I think Borel was overkill on the WR pos.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I would have liked to keep a developmental CB over a developmental WR (Borel) anyday with the roster we have and West and Gurley already on the PS. I think Borel was overkill on the WR pos.
I wouldn't be suprised to see both West and Gurley claimed early on during the season which is probably why they kept Borel. Gordy just doesn't seem to have the instints to play in the NFL so I'm not really concerned about it.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the more intriguing cuts to me is Everette Brown. I realize he floundered as a DE in the 4-3, but I'd like to see what he could do standing up in a 3-4. Was he setup to fail in Carolina, or does he just not have it?

Character doesn't seem to be an issue from what I'm reading. Something must be up though, because he was only scheduled to make $480K this season and yet he cleared waivers.
TimmG6376 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Touched down in GB!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Sitton signed to 5 yr extension. Yes!
From a post a couple days ago.... Did this happen? Ive seemed to have missed it... Any numbers?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Averages 6.75/season with 8.9 guaranteed.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
From a post a couple days ago.... Did this happen? Ive seemed to have missed it... Any numbers?
Quote:
Green Bay - Guard Josh Sitton's five-year contract extension with the Green Bay Packers averages $6.75 million, the Journal Sentinel learned Tuesday.

The new deal, signed Friday, makes Sitton the seventh high-paid guard in the NFL on the basis of average per year. Sitton is tied with linebacker A.J. Hawk for sixth place on the Packers' payroll.

Sitton was entering the final year of the four-year contract that he signed as a fourth-round draft choice in 2008. Now he is under contract to Green Bay through the 2016 season.

Sitton's deal is worth $33.75 million in new money, including $8.9 million in guarantees.

His cap salaries are $4.896 million this year, $4.85 million in 2012, $5.55 millon in 2013, $6.4 million in 2014, $6.75 million in 2015 and $6.6 million in 2016.

Sitton received a $6 million signing bonus and roster bonuses totaling $7.15 million. His roster bonuses are $2.9 million this year, $2.4 million in 2012, $650,000 in 2013 and $400,000 in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

His existing base salary of $1.2 million this year was lowered to $700,000, presumably for cap purposes. His base salaries will increase to $950,000 in 2012, $3.4 million in 2013, $4.5 million in 2014, $4.85 million in 2015 and $5.9 million in 2016.

Sitton also will receive a $300,000 workout bonus each year.

Unlike the contracts of some recent blockbuster resignings, none of Sitton's bases were guaranteed.

Very good deal IMO
Old 09-08-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Very good deal IMO
And still leaves room for an in-season Finley extention.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramon has a shoulder bruise, but McCarthy will have more info on Wed. Initial tests determined it was a bruise which McCarthy said was a "positive" report

Sounds encouraging, but McCarthy seems to always do stuff like this, only for us to find out days later it's worse than before. I mean, Mike Neal was "day-to-day" after his injury to his knee and he's missed over 3 weeks including the first game
Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tramon has a shoulder bruise, but McCarthy will have more info on Wed. Initial tests determined it was a bruise which McCarthy said was a "positive" report

Sounds encouraging, but McCarthy seems to always do stuff like this, only for us to find out days later it's worse than before. I mean, Mike Neal was "day-to-day" after his injury to his knee and he's missed over 3 weeks including the first game
I sure hope its nothing serious... we cant afford to lose him and I DO NOT WANT to watch Jarret Bush out there.

Thanks for details on Sittons deal now lets get Finely signed. The guy is a beast and makes our O so much better. Im not worried about his injuries.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I sure hope its nothing serious... we cant afford to lose him and I DO NOT WANT to watch Jarret Bush out there.

Thanks for details on Sittons deal now lets get Finely signed. The guy is a beast and makes our O so much better. Im not worried about his injuries.
not having Tramon the next couple of weeks wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...we play carolina, chicago, and denver; those are offenses Dom can gameplan for to help hide the Williams void

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game on Thursday was the greatest day ever! So much fun. First off, the pregame, tailgaiting, and drinking from morning till kickoff was a blast....the atmosphere outside the place was insane. I was in cheesehead heaven. It was crazy packed, had non stop fun. Even met Mark Murphy outside the stadium and took some pics with him.
Also got to see the HOF again, try on a SB Ring, do the whole Lambeau experience that way.

Then the game....wow! What a blast, the atmosphere in that place was unbelievable. Makes seeing Packers/Lions in Detroit (only other games I've seen) feel like a peewee game. It also helped that I was in an awesome section with great Packers fans (110), and that the game was a classic. I even got to polka in the walking aisle to Roll out the Barrel with the lady sitting next to me. And the Pack won on the final play right in front of us. Best birthday I've ever had.

Long story short, Pack fans from out of state (or country like myself), go to Lambeau. I've only done it for TC before, but you've gotta see a game there. Unreal! Can't wait to go back.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:

Im more worried about Shields getting an extended roll. Brees was looking his way all game. He looks a step slower than last year.

Oh, and seeing it in person, Grant looks so much worse than Starks. He was hesitating to make cuts, and just doesn't seem as explosive. Starks was bigger, faster, and made his decisions quicker. He's clearly the best back on the team right now.

Also, AJ Hawk covering Sproles was a joke. He also appeared way too slow. Didn't have the greatest game, though that PI call was BS, it was actually a sick play.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawk did interfere with Sproles without question, so that was a good call.
But that was a great play by AJ regardless because it saved the touchdown.

Hawk cannot be in there though, against receivers like Sproles in open space. That's asking someone like Dirk Nowitzki to cover someone like Chris Paul.

That gameday experience was just like a Super Bowl.
Except warmer than the s*** I dealt with in February here in Dallas!

Getting an extra 3 days off, and then Carolina, is perfect if Tramon has to miss some time.
We could use him to cover Brandon Lloyd in a few weeks, but won't need him to win that one.

We have to beat Chicago though. Well we don't have to, as we lost there last year (to the refs)..... still, gotta get a #1 or #2 seed to get the bye this year.

Who will have more receiving yards for us this year: Jones or Cobb?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Im more worried about Shields getting an extended roll. Brees was looking his way all game. He looks a step slower than last year.
I'm not too worried. Our entire secondary looked a step slow and the Saints have some burners at WR. I think it shows alot that Shields is becoming our #2 CB and he did make some nice plays and almost came away with an INT.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I'm not too worried. Our entire secondary looked a step slow and the Saints have some burners at WR. I think it shows alot that Shields is becoming our #2 CB and he did make some nice plays and almost came away with an INT.
I think Shields will bounce back, but he needs to work on his jam at the LOS. That TD to Henderson was almost identical to the TD he gave up to Wallace in the SB. He has excellent speed. Against a lot of WRs he can make up that gap if he misses, but against WRs like Henderson and Wallace he can't afford to wiff on his jam like that.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Packers 1-0
Bears 1-0
Lions 1-0
Vikings 0-1

Panthers week: Cam Newton has passed for over 400 yards in his debut.

Watching this game (Panthers@Cardinals) we need to apply pressure and play good coverage.

Last edited by cvv84 : 09-11-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: For Jmikey
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Packers 1-0
Bears 1-0
Lions 1-0
Vikings 1-0

Panthers week: Cam Newton has passed for over 400 yards in his debut.

Watching this game (Panthers@Cardinals) we need to apply pressure and play good coverage.
Vikings lost...... Cam was a lot better than I expected. Glad we will see some good film on him and will be ready for him.

420 yards, 3 total TDs.... all-time best rookie Debut in terms of yards.
And fantasy points.
Damn.

Thanks for the help you POS NFC South. Falcons and Bucs let us down today.
The Bears are better than anyone gives them credit for.
Their defense bottled Atlanta up. No wonder why our offense sputters against them too.
Hope to change that in week 3.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 09-11-2011 at 06:38 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Vikings lost......
Copy and paste :/