Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Burfict is a little overrated? Don't get me wrong, the guy has talent. He just gets taken out of so many plays whether it's by his own doing or not. He just doesn't wrap up and make enough tackles as a middle linebacker. The guy in the middle should consistently be around the ball and making plays.

On another note, how bout that rope???
he is extremely undisciplined. in every possible meaning of the word. but if you can get him straight he could be a monster
Old 09-09-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks Burfict is a little overrated? Don't get me wrong, the guy has talent. He just gets taken out of so many plays whether it's by his own doing or not. He just doesn't wrap up and make enough tackles as a middle linebacker. The guy in the middle should consistently be around the ball and making plays.

Totally agree.

Also agree with schizo.

I like these no defense Fridays. Fun watching good offenses against rotten defenses.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I go back and forth on this. I've got Te'o and Keuchly ranked ahead of him right now because they show up more often. When Burfict shows up, he shows up in a big way though. It's rare you find a linebacker in this day and age that can legitimately effect a game beyond the tackle sheet.

He's played pretty well this game aside from getting taken out by his own guy. The forced fumble was a direct result of him getting into the backfield early and putting an arm on the guy, even though he was blocked.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that's a punt. Damn.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Now that's a punt. Damn.
Awesome punt. He should have just let it bounce out of the endzone and get the ball at 20.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First time ASU has allowed the pressure to get to Osweiler all game.

TONS of flags on both sides early.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm sure some teams will be scared away because (a) he's legitimately crazy and (b) the lavar arrington factor.

plenty of others will be willing to take the risk
Old 09-09-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I personally love the fact that he's crazy. I've never heard a peep about him being a bad teammate outside of that one ticky tacky fight thing. Defense is partially about personality and intensity. Give me a crazy SOB like Burfict or Lewis everything else being equal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I go back and forth on this. I've got Te'o and Keuchly ranked ahead of him right now because they show up more often. When Burfict shows up, he shows up in a big way though. It's rare you find a linebacker in this day and age that can legitimately effect a game beyond the tackle sheet.

He's played pretty well this game aside from getting taken out by his own guy. The forced fumble was a direct result of him getting into the backfield early and putting an arm on the guy, even though he was blocked.
Te'o and Keuchly are so polished. It's night and day between them and Burfict. As soon as I wrote that, he stoned Josey in the backfield. You never know what you're gonna get from him. A middle linebacker has to be consistent and not just some loose cannon running around the field.

Other notes:
Finally a Sheldon Richardson sighting, for the wrong reason.

ASU needs to get Marshall going downhill, not east-west.

Did that punt really go 80 yards in the air? I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It also doesn't help Burfict playing against a spread offense like this. He's not much of a space player. I'm not just judging his performance this week. I seen a good bit of games last year and watched the first half of the UC-Davis game last week. Again, love his talent, he's just not what I want as a MLB.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osweiler looks very good, huge arm and very accurate.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

There's the bad Burfict.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhhh I thought the clock was supposed to stop after a first and under 2 minutes.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So just tuned into the ASU game... took me a good 2 plays to work out that ASU were wearing the Missou colours!

Must add that I really like their jersey but it just seems weird to where your opponent's colours!

How long have they been sporting those things?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

New for this year
Old 09-09-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong game to wear these unis, but those ASU uniforms are dope as ****. particularly the helmet.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon Von wrap up!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burfict appears to have a problem wrapping guys up...
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

That was ridiculous
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was the worst kickoff return I've ever seen. Also I'm sure this has been mentioned but the old ASU uniforms are about a million times better than these new pieces of ****.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
wrong game to wear these unis, but those ASU uniforms are dope as ****. particularly the helmet.
Agreed. The flat black helmets look badass.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

arizona state really doesnt want to win this game
Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ESPN is hyping the **** out of Notre Dame/Michigan.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
ESPN is hyping the **** out of Notre Dame/Michigan.
What else is new? Your average fan doesn't realize that neither team is very good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What else is new? Your average fan doesn't realize that neither team is very good.
Still kind of funny.

Shame that one looks like it's coming back.

R.I.P. Junior Seau