Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-07-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
THIS IS A MUCH WATCH!!!!!!
Should of known not to watch it when it was listed as a must watch. The first guy has no rhyme patter and the 2nd guy just says some stuff he had previously written down.
Resonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.

I'm incapable of double posting, so have a zeroh song.

Last edited by Resonance : 09-07-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
Should of known not to watch it when it was listed as a must watch. The first guy has no rhyme patter and the 2nd guy just says some stuff he had previously written down.
Hope you like this better...

ANOTHER MUST WATCH !!! SKIP TO EXACTLY 2:00

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Hope you like this better...

ANOTHER MUST WATCH !!! SKIP TO EXACTLY 2:00
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Not risking it.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What makes a great lyricist? Thought provoking, rhyme, entertainment, creativity, originality? Examples welcome.

Sorry to give the stock answer, but it's combination of all those things. I guess I'd say the best lyricists are the ones who can manipulate the English language through patterns, structure, internal rhymes and wordplay all well being able to convey a message or story. Also the ability to do those things in order to form a flow that pairs with the beat.

I think you see rappers like Tupac or Immortal Technique with hard hitting and thought provoking lyrics and both have strong deliveries that makes their lyrics somewhat appealing. Though both are bland and vanilla in their use of things like patterns and internal rhymes and both have a tendency to rush their lines to cram words into a bar. Of course there's another side of that coin. There's tons of underground/indie rappers out there who can form well written rhymes linguistically, but fail to deliver in the originality, creativity and the entertainment department.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Not risking it.
Who really gives a **** if he wrote it down or not? **** still was ******* nice.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it makes me really unhappy that i know people who actually think mac miller is a good rapper. actually i'm just generally unhappy that anyone even listens to 90% of the buttfuck rappers you can find on music blogs these days.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have a dumb younger brother that listens to hip hop? How do you reply when they wet their pants and say that Drake and Little Wayne (yes i purposely wrote it like that, i hate him) are the best rappers ever?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

slap him in the ******* face

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Does anyone have a dumb younger brother that listens to hip hop? How do you reply when they wet their pants and say that Drake and Little Wayne (yes i purposely wrote it like that, i hate him) are the best rappers ever?
i have friends that say that ****. any time they bring up wayne i just refer them to rebirth
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Although I do say Drake is pleasing to my eardrums lately. I suggest you treat him the same way I treat all of you - with disdain and hatred. But seeing as how this doesn't work, it would be of more value to focus your energies on other tasks.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:20 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't stop listening to this

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cannot Wait.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Ocean's new mixtape has 64 ******* songs on it.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last three played:

Old 09-10-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Frank Ocean's new mixtape has 64 ******* songs on it.
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d=1259106 482

**** yea! When does it drop?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this talk of GOAT, and lyricists, and free-stylers and not one, single, solitary mention of the late, great Eyedea makes me a sad panda.

With that said, I'll leave you with his prodigy, Kristoff Krane...

R.I.P. Micheal Larsen
Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
It's on HotNewHipHop right now. It's called "The Lonny Breaux Collection"
Old 09-10-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
All this talk of GOAT, and lyricists, and free-stylers and not one, single, solitary mention of the late, great Eyedea makes me a sad panda.

With that said, I'll leave you with his prodigy, Kristoff Krane...

R.I.P. Micheal Larsen
Eyedea is criminally underrated. I've never seen him live, but I have seen Abilities about 4 times, and it is awesome every time.

And Slug is the best lyricist. The dude just weaves stories.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of things about Eyedea...

If you're unfamiliar check out his stuff. From battles, to freestyles, to spoken word poetry, I can go on. He was a true artist.

In his early years he was the cleanest, most ridiculous battle rapper to walk. It is emotionally heartwrenching to watch his progression towards his early death, and there are many vids mere weeks before he past, but if you watch the progression you can see the genius build. His "skill" per se may be diminished, as his intoxication was clear, but the stories that he was trying to get out were just amazing.

It always seems that the most artistically talented are the most troubled souls. I can't even imagine what it must be like to never be able to sleep.

Quote:
Eyedea didnt die...dudes just moved on to the next level. His mind was too great for us.
R.I.P. Micheal Larsen November 9, 1981 - October 16, 2010

Last edited by phlysac : 09-10-2011 at 11:38 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eydea was absolutely ridiculous. I really didn't know about him until after he died which makes me sad.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
It's on HotNewHipHop right now. It's called "The Lonny Breaux Collection"
that's old - that's all **** he did before Nostalgia Ultra
Old 09-11-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
that's old - that's all **** he did before Nostalgia Ultra
Ah, did not know that. Thanks.