Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-03-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
WarSeminole
Rookie

WarSeminole hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it's game day.
WarSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Lamarcus Joyner FS or SS?????

2011 OUTLOOK
Made the move to his natural position of safety during spring practice and emerged as the starter at strong safety heading into the fall giving FSU more versatility. Displays tremendous range because of his great speed which allows him to cover a lot of ground in the secondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are yall covering the spread today? You gonna execute enough to run up the score or WHAT?

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
WarSeminole
Rookie

Not the best offensive game, but I am happy with what I saw for the most part from E.J. & the wide receivers, Haggins, Shaw had nice days. Bert Reed had a few nice grabs. Rodney Smith stepped up. Running Game didn't look good till Freeman got in but Jimbo didn't show his cards and kept it simple enough to pull out the win.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:44 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why didn't Wilder play?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Why didn't Wilder play?
He won't see much run until midseason.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
WarSeminole
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Why didn't Wilder play?
to far behind prolly, he was in on the snap of Trickett's TD. Not coming in early has hurt him for one. As the season goes on I see him getting a few carries.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's finally here! Oklahoma week!

Student tickets sold out in 15 minutes. Crazy.

Very, very nervous about this game.

Last edited by BigJohn98 : 09-11-2011 at 05:16 PM.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Gator fan, go Sooners!

I've been impressed with direction the Seminoles are headed over the past couple years...but this is the second straight year I've picked Stoops to win a title.

Landry Jones will be the 'Nole Killer

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Gator fan here stopping by stating that I think you guys have a great chance to win comfortably this weekend. It's not going to be easy but I feel if you guys can exploit that poor secondary while also applying pressure to Landry Jones, you guys should be fine
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three.more.days.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you guys Win. If OK wins then they will go to the NC Game because this will be the only real hard game for them. I hope you guys win so FSU can play in a BCS Bowl Game maybe the NC but i Think 2012 is FSU's Year.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I hope you guys Win. If OK wins then they will go to the NC Game because this will be the only real hard game for them. I hope you guys win so FSU can play in a BCS Bowl Game maybe the NC but i Think 2012 is FSU's Year.
I too hope FSU wins, but even if they don't, it doesn't end their BCS chances or guarantee a National Championship trip for Oklahoma. Oklahoma still has to play Texas A&M and then go to Oklahoma State. I think the Sooners are better than either team but by no means are those two games cake walks.

As for the Seminoles, even if they lose (unless they are completely demolished in this game) still look like the class of the ACC. A loss probbaly takes them out of the running for the title but I think a BCS bid is very much still in play either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

I have never seen an atmosphere like what I saw last night in Doak. I was there front row in the student section, and it was ******* electric. When Rashad Greene caught the TD pass, it was a mob scene. I'd never seen anything like it before. I was so disappointed we couldn't come away with the victory.

A few of my thoughts from the game:

-Our defense is the real deal. Unless there is a game this year where they don't even show up at all, we won't be getting blown out by anyone. It's amazing what has happened over the course of two years. If that was the 09 FSU defense last night, Oklahoma probably wins by 70.

-EJ still has a long way to go. His decision making is still iffy, but that will come with more time. Charlie Ward wasn't a stud in his first year starting either. We are screwed if he gets seriously hurt this year.

-Our offensive line will be our achilles heel all year long. The interior is just about pathetic. If we want to be able to keep pressure off of EJ, we need to run the damn ball.

-I was proud of how this team competed. It definitely shows we can compete with the elite teams again. Disappointed, but proud.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU's defense was impressive. That DE Werner was a one man wrecking crew. I was more impressed with Datko, I don't know why people think Zebrie Sanders is better.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
FSU's defense was impressive. That DE Werner was a one man wrecking crew. I was more impressed with Datko, I don't know why people think Zebrie Sanders is better.
Who in the world thinks Zebrie is better?

Datko is the only lineman we have that is worth a flip. The rest of our starters are average at best.

I wish Rodney Hudson could have been cloned.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have just read folks draft rankings and they say Sanders is better. I stumbled upon an article a few weeks ago.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The complete lack of any time of run blocking really confuses me. I mean they return alot of experience, lost some important guys but it shouldn't be this big of a drop off. We really need to work out the kinks there as we can't afford to just not be able to run the ball.

Defense is freaking legit, D-Line is insanely deep and everyone was making an impact. Werner dominates and Jenkins is still getting an insane jump on the ball. The new guys have been awesome too with Christian Jones and Joyner being some of the best players. Really pleased with the leap Bradham has taken too, he is a big time player.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't have a letdown today after the emotion of last week with the athletes Clemson has. Defence and special teams have to be in it from the start.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Boy we REALLY shot ourselves in the freakin' foot today.

Penalties always seemed to come on third downs when the defense would get a stop.

I was impressed with Trickett. Very impressed.

The running game just gets worse, and worse, and worse, and worse, and worse...
Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Monster
Rookie

Monster hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think getting so pumped up for the OU game came back to bite FSU in the arse. FSU looked awesome in the game, but weren't able to come away with the win. I think had you won, you would be undefeated right now. Best to take everything a game at a time, yeah?
Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
I think getting so pumped up for the OU game came back to bite FSU in the arse. FSU looked awesome in the game, but weren't able to come away with the win. I think had you won, you would be undefeated right now. Best to take everything a game at a time, yeah?
The refs calling a fair game vs. Clemson would have helped.

--------------------------------------

Rumors swirling Andrew Datko might try to get a medical RS for this season and be back in 2012, also rumors saying he won't do this because he can't stand Rick Trickett. Also looks like FSU will make a run for Juco LT Kyle Long, the one time baseball player at FSU who flunked out in a semester. Virginia falls of the schedule for 2012, his only year of eligibility, so there is chance he comes in as a stop gap to give Josue Matias another year to develop.

I'd guess if Datko comes back, no Kyle Long.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say, that Bradham hit was perfectly legal and it's total bullsh*t that he was flagged for that hit let alone ejected. The reffing all around was ******* brutal all game.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I will say, that Bradham hit was perfectly legal and it's total bullsh*t that he was flagged for that hit let alone ejected. The reffing all around was ******* brutal all game.
This crew always does its best to screw FSU. I have no doubt they have money on these games.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Gif of the year candidate?