Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-13-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I know a guy that knows a guy, and he's pretty convinced we're looking at QB early. Not necessarily 1st Round, but probably 2nd or 3rd. Tannehill, Griffin, and Lindley are the 3 our scouting department love ATM.

And with the rumors about how Garrett loved Dalton last year and wanted him in round 2, this doesn't surprise me that much.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
So I know a guy that knows a guy, and he's pretty convinced we're looking at QB early. Not necessarily 1st Round, but probably 2nd or 3rd. Tannehill, Griffin, and Lindley are the 3 our scouting department love ATM.

And with the rumors about how Garrett loved Dalton last year and wanted him in round 2, this doesn't surprise me that much.
I'm down with taking a QB because I have no faith in McGee. Not sure I want to spend a 1st rounder on one either, so I like those names. Though the way QBs go in the draft, any or all of them could end up going in the 1st.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anytime you have a new head coach I think it's reasonable to buy into the hype of him wanting to bring in his guy. Romo is a good QB..but maybe Garrett wants someone who is less of a gunslinger and more of a game manager. I don't think Garrett has a lot of concerns with Romo as his starting QB...but if value is there on the board in the 2nd or 3rd...much like Mallett fell and was picked up by NE...I could see something similar happening. The wildcard of course is Garretts overall feel on McGee. I think he's shown him some things...but I wouldn't say he's shown enough not to justify some competition for the backup spot. Kitna is in the last year of his 2 year deal I believe. That would mean there is a roster spot that could be up for grabs. If QB value is good I wouldn't be surprised to see us go QB at all after the 1st round. Backup QB's that are drafted and developed by teams with good history of developing QB's always seem to get good return on their product even if they don't ever really use him.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it seems reasonable that we need to look at QB.

Just a quick look shows some really big kids with good arms and high completion %.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 1
CB Shaun Prater, Iowa - 5'10, 185
FS John Boyett, Oregon - 5'10 202
SS Winston Guy, Kentucky - 6'1, 216
ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College - 6'2, 237
FS Jerrell Young, USF - 6'1, 209

The Fab 5 - Week 2

DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina - 6'2, 276

For those of you who wanted us to draft Robert Quinn, meet Melvin Ingram. He probably won't be ranked as high on draft day, but he had a beast of a game and showed off his amazing athleticism. Had 2 Touchdowns, but the best was off a fake punt. ESPN said it best.. "All you really need to know about this game is that one of South Carolina’s three non-offensive touchdowns came on a fake punt from its own 32 ... with a 276-yard defensive lineman rambling 68 yards for a touchdown and shaking Georgia’s All-SEC cornerback, Brandon Boykin, on his way to the end zone."

SS Antonio Allen, South Carolina - 6'2, 201

2 Gamecocks make the Fab 5 this week. Somewhere MOTH is smiling. :) Allen who is #8 on Scott's Safety rankings had a tremendous showing last week with 16 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 pass breakups and followed that up on Saturday against Georgia with 6 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, and an INT for 25 yards. Playmaker!

Aaron Murray did carve them up pretty good though, so it should be considered.

MOTH, tell me about this Spur position that he plays. Hybrid LB/S... How do you think that will benefit him or hurt him in the pros?

FS Mark Barron, Alabama - 6'2 218

Had an oustanding game against Penn St, finishing with 7 tackles, an Interception and a Fumble Recovery, on his way to earning SEC Defensive Player of the week. Looks like the bubble 2nd round value on him could be on the rise. Though I'd still rather nab him in the 2nd.

CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama - 6'2, 192

Can't give Barron all the love. Kirkpatrick played a great game too... causing 2 forced fumbles and adding a pass breakup (giving him 4 on the year, tied for 3rd in all of college football - albeit, the season is still early). That said, the Bama secondary is 3rd in pass effeciency defense of all teams, so they are doing something right. I think Dre is the type of corner that Rob Ryan would love. Physicality, Swag... can Blitz and make plays in coverage.

CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama - 5'10, 182

A 87 yard punt return for TD for the dazzling yet troubled cornerback. After watching Dez get banged up again, we need to find more options, and if those options can be found at a position like Corner where we could use a big infusion of talent, then that's a bonus.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-14-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well...Melvin Ingram is a special talent. You can line him up anywhere, he's def. a Ryan kind of guy. His base position in our defense would be 34 OLB, but he's very versatile. He's pretty much the new Eric Norwood at SCAR. Guy is relentless and he's our leader out there. He had 9 sacks as a rotational player a season ago. He's a fantastic pass rusher, one of the best in the SEC and while, our team struggles against the rush, he's pretty stout here. As you saw last week, he's a playmaker. Even I was surprised by his athleticism on that fake punt, and I've been one of his biggest fans. A former RB, dude is just an impressive athlete. Could be a quick rise in the draft, but at the same time, his size may hurt his stock. Not the easiest player to project in the draft, right now. Size wise, he's in between a couple of positions. It's still more likely that he ends up in a 43 front, however. But yeah, he's just a player, I'd welcome him in Dallas for sure.

Antonio Allen...I'm excited at his start. But I find it hard to drink the koolaid at this point. Guy was a burn victim last year, he didnt have a great year in coverage. He got much better as the year went on, but too many times it looked like he was running in mud, trailing his man. That said, he's been flashing that playmaking ability for years...the guy makes a lot plays behind the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure of the exact number, but he finished second on the team in tackles for loss last year and forced a couple of fumbles. He's great, when he's lined up close to the line of scrimmage, he's very tough in the running game and a good blitzer. He was a pretty big name recruit, so I've expected more from him, but it looks like he's getting it now.

And yes, the spur position is essentially a LB/S hybrid. He's pretty much an extra LB out there, it suits him well, because he's a very good tackler and can struggle in coverage. The Spur is a playmaking position, and that's what he can do. His position is a very flexible one, and his assignments really play off of how the offense lines up. He also plays dime LB. He's not a huge guy, he looks bigger than he is, but he plays big. As a pro prospect, you absolutely love his playmaking ability and again, fantastic in run support. But I wouldnt trust his coverage ability much at all in this point. He's lighter, but he may make for a great in the box safety. He's not Polamalu or Sanders, but you may be able to use him in a similar role.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-14-2011 at 07:40 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good stuff Moth. What do you think of Gillmore so far this season? I've seen reports of him struggling, but I saw some good things of him last Saturday.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sporadic...better this week than last, though. As a Freshman, he just looked so complete. But now, I'd call him more "toolsy". He's got everything you look for athletically, he can just use some good coaching. He's a 1st rounder on talent alone...but the fact that he's been so sporadic could knock him into the 2nd.

I used to think of him as a 1st round lock. But his play has dropped off a bit over the years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeCastro is a guy who I think Garrett may covet on draft day.

Quote:
David DeCastro, G, Stanford* -- The Cardinal junior is considered one of the top guard prospects in the nation, and his play against Arizona proved why. DeCastro is a large, dominant blocker who plays with a nasty disposition. He moves defenders off the line and works to drive them into the field. DeCastro is a tremendous run blocker who also effectively protects quarterback Andrew Luck.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1YcCYu200

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Yea I'm a big DeCastro fan, we'll have to see how our young guys along the interior progress this year. If they continue to get stoned in the run game we may have to spend another premier pick on the OL. But DeCastro has "right kind of guy" written all over him.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Nice mention! I think he would be worth a 2nd rounder to us if he declared. But he might not declare unless he thought he was going in Round 1. We sure could use the help though.

But if the team thinks he's not NFL ready, then we should pass and get someone in FA who can play now. We already have developmental guys. We need starters. This offense won't realize it's full potential until that OL is dominant.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I have no inside information about Stanford underclassmen...but I'd be hard pressed to think anyone draft eligible who has top 2 round potential would stay another year if Luck decides to go.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-21-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Guard or not DeCastro looks like a lock for the 1st Round IMO, you can argue he's the best lineman in this class.

I'm more interested in this Corner class, it's pretty deep at the top and shouldn't be much drop off if you wanted to nab a guy in round 2.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-21-2011 at 03:59 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Guard or not DeCastro looks like a lock for the 1st Round IMO, you can argue he's the best lineman in this class.

I'm more interested in this Corner class, it's pretty deep at the top and shouldn't be much drop off if you wanted to nab a guy in round 2.
That's true. Last year around this time, Brandon Harris was a Top 20 pick, some even had him Top 15. On draft day he was a 2nd rounder, despite finishing the season well and having a pretty good predraft experience.

I wonder how many teams would be considering CB as a first round need at this point.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's true. Last year around this time, Brandon Harris was a Top 20 pick, some even had him Top 15. On draft day he was a 2nd rounder, despite finishing the season well and having a pretty good predraft experience.

I wonder how many teams would be considering CB as a first round need at this point.
Yea it was a head-scratcher on Harris' drop, it happens every year.

We also have to consider Safety early on, Elam and Sensy only have 1 year deals. It's going to be interesting to see how S,CB, and interior OL pan out for us this year. Jenkins still has #1 potential and seems to be on the verge of a bounce back season, his play has everything to do with how high we're willing to go with CB this year IMO.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-21-2011 at 09:38 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Week 1
CB Shaun Prater, Iowa - 5'10, 185
FS John Boyett, Oregon - 5'10 202
SS Winston Guy, Kentucky - 6'1, 216
FS Jerrell Young, USF - 6'1, 209

Week 2
DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina - 6'2, 276
FS Mark Barron, Alabama - 6'2 218
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama - 6'2, 192
CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama - 5'10, 182

The Fab 5 - Week 3

Making a 2nd appearance on the Fab 5 report is BC's stud LB, Luke Kuechly. Racking up 23 tackles in 1 game on your way to ACC Linebacker of the Week, will do that. Last year's NCAA leader in tackles looks to be on his way to duplicating that title. While BC lost a close one 20-19 at the hands of the Duke Blue Devils, it was no fault of Kuechly. We've been talking about how Sean Lee's smarts have helped him blossom this year. Kuechly is another highly intelligent football player with an intense work ethic. ***ducks head at throwing tomatos from Bruce Carter fans*** ;)

Not to be outdone by Kuechly, Allen makes an appearance for the second week in a row on this Fab 5 list! He led Gamecocks with 10 total tackles (eight solos), a forced fumble and an interception against Navy on his way to receiving Week 3 Oustanding SEC performance recognition. The playmaking ability of Allen must certainly be catching the eyes of scouts. Not sure where he projects.

FS Javon Harris, Oklahoma - 5'11, 207

Harris (a junior) won the Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week award for his outstanding performance against FSU. He had 3 solo tackles, 1 PBU and 2 INTs that lead to points on the board for OU extending their lead to 10 each time. The OU defense is MEAN and they battled a tough Seminole squad that didn't quit. Harris is one to keep an eye on for sure.

OG Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech - 6'3", 300

Uzzi is the headliner of the Georgia Tech OL and last week they had a record breaking performance as the Jackets broke the NCAA record for rushing yards/attempt at 12.1. They had 604 rushing yards (ACC record) and 768 total. Completely dominated the LOS against Kansas in a 66-24 win. I have no idea where his draft stock is, but he won the ACC lineman of the week award after a dominating performance by his team, so I thought I'd make note. I'm intrigued to say the least.

OG Barrett Jones, Alabama - 6'4 312

Trent Richardson says Barrett Jones is the "nerd" on Alabama's offensive line, the studious guy who sits up front in class and raises his hand a lot.

Jones has used those brains to help him become the third-ranked Crimson Tide's all-purpose blocker. He has played four positions on the line in the first three games everywhere but right guard, where he started 25 games the past two seasons and was a preseason first-team All-Southeastern Conference pick.

"He's a smart guy. He's got a 4.0" GPA, said Richardson, Alabama's tailback and also a self-described nerd. "He's a big nerd. He knows what to do. That (helps) him a lot with just being smart in the game and being ahead of everybody."

Now THAT is what I like to hear about an offensive lineman.

Nice article: http://www.chron.com/sports/article/...er-2183032.php
Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Foreseeable Needs (could always change)

Offense
OG - NFL Ready Rookie or FA, not a developmental prospect.
RB - Physical workhorse type
QB

Defense
CB - Wouldn't hurt to add 2
FS
SS
Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dallas Cowboys Mock Draft 1
Draft Pick Range 15-25

Round 1 - OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia

I really don't know what to make of Glenn right now. All I know is that he's ranked high by those in the know right now and is struggling at LT this year. His natural position is at Guard and that's where I'd project him for us. I'd like to see more of him at Guard if his struggles continue at tackle. Just so that we have fresh film to go off of. If we can get an NFL ready OG who can be a dominant player on our young OL and start from the get go, then all the rest of our peices on Offense would run smoothly and we could really enforce our will against even the toughest opponents.

Round 2 - QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor*

It's time to draft a QB to groom behind Tony Romo. Griffin continues to open my eyes with his combination of all world athleticism and real QB ability. Drafting him here in Round 2 is a good spot. It tells Romo that we can't just rely on him alone anymore, but there's not the pressure of a first round draft pick looming behind him. With proper grooming, the sky is the limit for Griffin. I've really been impressed with his arm on all levels. He's throws a tight clean spiral, has got a quick release, nice deep touch, power and accuracy throwing on the run, and he's always a threat to take off running.

Round 3 - CB Greg Reid, FSU*

Greg Reid is one of the most dynamic players in college football. Seemingly, always around the action Reid is a self made playmaker with his great instincts, football intelligence and speed. His size will keep him from being selected high in the draft, because most won't see him as a starting caliber cornerback, but Reid would be an amazing Nickel Corner with his excellent agility and speed. Plus, he has shown the ability to deliver big hits despite his frame. I just love his toughness. His kick returning is as good as you'll find in a player. On par with Desean Jackson.

Round 4 - RB Doug Martin, Boise St

The OL creating running lanes has been a problem so far this season, but it's not just them. Our RB stable is filled with players who are all alike. They are finesse backs who are most effective in open space outside the tackles rather than inside the tackles. Martin is a guy with thick driving legs that never say die, and he also has a 2nd gear to burn upfield once he gets past the pile. His game against Georgia this season sold me. After that I WANTED HIM ON THE BOYS. ...and I didn't even foresee RB as a need back then. He's a good pass blocker with his experience playing in Boise's high passing system, plus he has been used as a receiver out of the backfield quite a lot too. I think that their system is excellent for producing the kind of RB we look for.

Round 5 - WR Kendall Wright, Baylor

Watching film of Robert Griffin, this guy Wright sticks out like an All-Pro. Dude has legit skills. Catches clean, difficult balls with ease. Uses his hands to catch. Not a basket catcher. Well built body and coordination, oozing with confidence and swag. We need WR depth and Wright is a guy who I would welcome with opened arms. He could raise his stock high where this projection would be out of reach, but for now he's within striking range here. Scott has him as his 16th ranked WR.

-----------------------

A pretty heavy offensive draft, but I haven't fallen in love with any of the Safties in this class and I think our front 7 is pretty solid. There are some talented corners, so we'll see how things change throughout the season. Keeping an eye on Ta'amu as well.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Mock Version 1.0

Round 1- David Decastro OG Stanford

Dallas had to make an emergency signing early in the season with journeyman Derrick Dockery because the Guard position has not panned out like they hoped. David Arkin is still a project at this point and will need a few more years of off-season training before he is ready to contribute, while Bill Nagy garnered early hype but is far from a longterm solution. Decastro is very close to being an Elite Guard prospect and will be ready to step in from day 1 to help ignite the running game.

Round 2- Cliff Harris CB Oregon

I have a gut feeling that Cliff Harris will be a Cowboy. Early on he was my first round pick but because of the suspension and his lack of ideal height, coupled with a deep Corner class at the top, Harris could very well fall to the 2nd round. He's an explosive kick returner with playmaking ability on defense, something we can use more of in our secondary.

Round 3- Devon Still DE Penn St.

This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects in this class, and may very well rise his stock to the point where we can only wish about getting him in the 3rd. Still was all over the place against Alabama in week 2 and has an impressive combination of size (6-5 311) and quickness for a big man. He reminds me a bit of our former Big Cat Leon Lett.

Round 4- Aaron Henry S Wisconsin

A converted Corner who has become a leader in Wisconsin's secondary. He has some legit playmaking ability and we need some young blood to develop at the Safety position.

Round 5- Jarrett Boykin

Sorry Jess Holley, but I just don't think you'll ever be an NFL caliber receiver. Our lack of depth at the WR position has come to light this week as we get an idea of what life looks like without Miles and Dez. We need someone who can be a formidable option on the outside if one of them goes down in the future. Boykin is big and physical at 6-2 215 and my favorite mid round receiver prospect.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I like the TE on San Diego State FWIW.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2 time Fab 5'er Antonio Allen almost had a touchdown! Picked up a fumble but got stripped as he ran to the endzone.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He was just in the right place...I knew he would fumble that, though.

Ingram scored the TD.

edit...there you go, D. Ingram with a sack and a tackle for loss on back to back plays. BEAST. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-24-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Chris Steuber:

Quote:
It doesn't come as a big surprise that the Cowboys are attending games that feature nation's no. 1 and no. 2 ranked free safeties in USC's T.J. McDonald and Oklahoma State's Markelle Martin.
Supposedly we had scouts at least these five games over the weekend:
  • Louisiana-Monroe at Iowa
  • No. 7 Oklahoma State at No. 8 Texas A&M
  • UCLA at Oregon State
  • No. 10 Oregon at Arizona
  • No. 23 USC at Arizona State

Sign me up for another Trojan to fill our biggest need.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He was just in the right place...I knew he would fumble that, though.

Ingram scored the TD.

edit...there you go, D. Ingram with a sack and a tackle for loss on back to back plays. BEAST. :D
Ingram was all over the place. Batted passes, generating pressure...

What do you think of his fit with us and draft pick value?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'll stay away from most Paul Johnson OL. They aren't very well practiced in pass pro and it's just a whole different egg. Even presnap they are taught to get their chests down and drive into the opposition. It's almost as if every lineman is in a 4 point stance. I'd just be worried drafting a guy like OG Omoregie Uzzi and thinking he'd be able to play for us right away. Does Paul Johnson even have a single OL in the pro's? The double wingback is so successful because it doesn't take the biggest or most talented guys to get it done...it's very assignment based and doing your job. I'd put this right up there with drafting a d3 player. They have their place...but their college tape pretty much gets thrown out of the window because the stuff you see on tape isn't relevant to the stuff they are going to need to do in the nfl.

Designs by me
Quote: