Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam definitely looked better than expected, but I'll repeat what I said in another thread. The combined NFL game experience for AZ's starting CBs is 4 games after today.

Even with the possibility of Tramon not playing our defensive backfield is 1000% better than the Cardinals.

If he can give Woodson and company problems, then I'll be a believer.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still don't get why the Falcons went all in with a rookie WR when they were shredded on defense vs the Pack. Bears had no problems vs their D today. Might be a long season for the Falcons. Bears D looks legit as usual

Detroit with an impressive road win at Tampa, and even the Vikes kept it close at San Diego. The North is looking really strong so far
Old 09-12-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Still don't get why the Falcons went all in with a rookie WR when they were shredded on defense vs the Pack. Bears had no problems vs their D today. Might be a long season for the Falcons. Bears D looks legit as usual
I liked them getting Jones. Roddy White is going to be 30 years old and his average per catch has dropped the past 3 seasons. Jones gives them a big, physical, downfield threat and long term option for franchise QB Matt Ryan.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I liked them getting Jones. Roddy White is going to be 30 years old and his average per catch has dropped the past 3 seasons. Jones gives them a big, physical, downfield threat and long term option for franchise QB Matt Ryan.
He may be that good eventually. And then the Falcons can say "see we told you so", but the general vibe was that they believed him to be the missing piece to get them over the hump this year and it is not looking like that is the case thus far.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I don't think Julio is that Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald type of WR prospect who is a guaranteed stud at th enext level at WR.

I've seen a lot of WRs with Julio's abilities who never pan out as stars in the NFL. A lot of it depends on attitude however, and if he has that, the desire, the strong work ethic, perhaps. But they really wanted AJ Green and this was their Plan B there. WRs bust rates are as high as QBs up there.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Personally, I don't think Julio is that Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald type of WR prospect who is a guaranteed stud at th enext level at WR.

I've seen a lot of WRs with Julio's abilities who never pan out as stars in the NFL. A lot of it depends on attitude however, and if he has that, the desire, the strong work ethic, perhaps. But they really wanted AJ Green and this was their Plan B there. WRs bust rates are as high as QBs up there.
I think Jones is going to be like a Reggie Wayne. For their system I thought that he was a better fit than Green. Although I'm sure they would've loved to land the hometown kid.

On another note, I've been thinking about Bulaga vs. Dez Bryant seeing Bryant has the making of a stud receiver and seemingly fell to us last year. I have to say that I'm thoroughly pleased to have Bulaga and his play/improvement this season just backs up what I think the majority of us believed when we took him over Bryant. I don't think Bulaga is getting his due in helping anchor the right side of our line.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
On another note, I've been thinking about Bulaga vs. Dez Bryant seeing Bryant has the making of a stud receiver and seemingly fell to us last year. I have to say that I'm thoroughly pleased to have Bulaga and his play/improvement this season just backs up what I think the majority of us believed when we took him over Bryant. I don't think Bulaga is getting his due in helping anchor the right side of our line.
I agree, i think Bulaga will be a good player for us but imagine Bryant and Rodgers hooking up!! The sky is the limit for Dez and will be a stud. Still cant believe he fell too Dallas. Skill wise hes worthy of a top 5 pick in most drafts.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, glad we didn't take Dez.
We have blue-collar guys at WR, not primadonas. And we have the best set of WRs 1-5 in the NFL.
Adding an ultra talented head case like that would have hurt.
Not helped.

I wanted Jerry Hughes over Bulaga and felt then, and now, that he would have been a beast of a standup 3-4 OLB opposite Matthews. A Lamar Woodley to our Matthews.
As it is, Hughes is struggling with his hand on the ground for Indy and I believe was inactive Sunday.

Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston, Everette Brown all have bombed miserably and were guys rated ahead of Matthews as OLB prospects in 3-4 defenses.
Did NE sign Brown?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant looks like he's going to become a star, but Bulaga is more valuable to the team than Bryant would have been. I also don't think we would have won the Superbowl without Bulaga.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neal had a surgical procedure done yesterday. Will be out a "significant number of weeks(several weeks being floated around). IR has not been discussed. McCarthy stated that he doesn't think Neal is an IR candidate but again, this was the same guy who said a month ago that Neal was only "day-to-day" and here we are with Neal looking like he'll be out at least half the season. Dude is such a tease

on the bright side, Tramon COULD be able to go this week

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-14-2011 at 01:39 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Ugh, that's not good.

After finding out that Clay's "shin injury" was actually a stress fracture you have to take everything they say about player health with a grain of salt.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would keep Tramon out this week considering our matchup. I mean if he's ready, dress him, but let's not work him if we don't need to.

The Mike Neal hurts especially after what we went through with Justin Harrell.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Worried about what this means for Pickett/Raji. They probably will have to be on the field a lot more. I hope they are able to last

the depth at DL could become a problem
Old 09-14-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

It's amazing we have another very talented DL who seems to be made of marshmallow. Strong "looking", but brittle and always somehow finding a way to have something injured/broken. It's amazing that other guys like Kevin Williams was able to play like 8 straight years without getting any injuries like these 2 "men" got time and time again.

I agree it would be smart to sit Tramon if he's not even close to 100%.
However, I remember 4 years ago seeing Steve Smith beat Charles Woodson. Now Woodson rarely covers guys deep..... do we trust Sam Shields?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
do we trust Sam Shields?
Yes. He's still developing so we have to let him do just that.

Sucks about Neal but we didn't really have him last year and got by so anything he gave us this year was a bonus.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that can stop the Packers is the Packers themselves. Rodgers is definitely up there with Peyton and Brady and the defense looks solid on paper.
That being said, repeating as SB champions is a tough road and it isn't unusual for them to have a great game 1 before the struggle to repeat begins.
America's true team is back on top, let's see if they are prepared to repeat.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the status on Tramon Williams? Anyone hear anything significant?

Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

He didn't practice yesterday or today, but Mike did say that Tramon has a CHANCE to play this weekend. By all accounts, if he does end up missing the game this week, he should be ready to go in Week 3 at Chicago.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
He didn't practice yesterday or today, but Mike did say that Tramon has a CHANCE to play this weekend. By all accounts, if he does end up missing the game this week, he should be ready to go in Week 3 at Chicago.
I feel insanely comfortable holding him out both weeks if it means getting him back to 100%. I don't want Tramon at 80%, he needs to be 100%.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'd hope he can be near 100% by week 3. I'm all for sitting him out this weekend, though. It will give him a total of 16 days of rest

With only 5 DL for at least half the year(for now) I'd expect to see the Pack go to the 2-4-5 package a lot. They mostly do it anyway, but still
Old 09-16-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Dez Bryant looks like he's going to become a star, but Bulaga is more valuable to the team than Bryant would have been. I also don't think we would have won the Superbowl without Bulaga.
Yeah exactally, he was key in helping keep together our offensive line late last year.

I see it like when there was talk about us trading for Randy Moss when he was still with the Raiders. Sure he would've been nice to have but it would've stiffled Greg Jennings growth.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hawk did interfere with Sproles without question, so that was a good call.
But that was a great play by AJ regardless because it saved the touchdown.

Hawk cannot be in there though, against receivers like Sproles in open space.

Without question? Uh ok.

Also, it was probably a zone coverage and you can't always get the exact match up you want when they're that close to the endzone.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt think it was PI watching it live and thats not because I was being a homer either. It looked like a great play... Sproles is short to begin with and had has knees bent. AJ just jumped over him and made a great play. Either way in that situation it was not like an obvious PI, you just got to let them play and not have the refs factor in.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I didnt think it was PI watching it live and thats not because I was being a homer either. It looked like a great play... Sproles is short to begin with and had has knees bent. AJ just jumped over him and made a great play. Either way in that situation it was not like an obvious PI, you just got to let them play and not have the refs factor in.
It says right in the rule book:

Quote:
Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiverís opportunity to make the catch.

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(c) Grabbing a receiverís arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiverís body to turn prior to the ball arriving.
And thats what Hawk did, he played the ball through the receiver.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Tramon Williams is inactive.

Cam Newton faces a real test.