Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
whats the point of a IR spot, if a player goes on IR he is done for the year
Depends on the league. Some IR spots in fantasy football are essentially a disabled list, where you can place a player, opening up a roster spot and then take him off when he's healed.

You'd have to check out how your league does it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no IR spot, was just wondering

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drop Amendola, yes.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I'm in a PPR league and need to upgrade my WRs. We start 2 RB's and 3WRs

rb1 - Ray Rice
rb2 - frank gore
rb3 - felix jones
wr- nicks
wr2- malcolm floyd
wr3- h. ward
wr4- AJ Green

I'm going to try and move Gore and a WR to upgrade at WR. Who would be a good upgrade to target?
I agree w/Dirty. Gore still carries a ton of name value so packaging him should land a stud. Shopping him and Felix for offers can't hurt. 'dem Cowboys always have a lurking homer willing to make a move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Gah I really don't know whether to pull the trigger on this trade. I love me some Stevie Johnson, but is he really a better option every week then Miles Austin? Not to mention Flacco will probably be superior then Bradford this season, even though I really like Bradford's long term value. I would have Flacco though, but I do have the sneaking suspicion I'm being baited by Flacco's strong opener and the fact that I'm a Ravens fan.
All valid concerns, but you already have a ton of value in long term keepers and Flacco still carries value there, too. Either way, at some point you have to decide when it's appropriate to make a 'win-now' move. This certainly looks like that to me w/Bradford's injured finger and dwindling WR core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
so this guy counters with

freeman
ingram
karim

for

gore
ford
locker

i'm going to see if i can get a better qb out of this than locker. he has mark sanchez, but that might be asking for a bit much.

scoring is ppr, bonuses for big plays. i think i have a good opportunity to buy low on gore with this guy. plus his handcuff is free on waivers.
Why does anyone have Locker?

A bit of a buy low on Gore, as much as I distrust him. I still say Ingram is locked in a time share (the totally not cool type of 3 way) and will just be a guy this year. Gore is always big risk, but big upside, too. Assuming you won't miss Freeman, I like this trade. Though it should be noted that Ford is in the news for a hammy.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
16 team - 1 pt PPR

Should I drop Danny Amendola for Devery Henderson

Got Wayne, Collie, Manningham, Bess, Amendola right now

starting 3 WR
I would. Amendola's time table seems like guess work and hope right now. In the time it takes him to get back into game shape we could just as easily see someone else blow up for the Rams. Henderson seems like a guy who should have done more with similar opportunities in the past, but as long as Colston & Moore are out he is a good start.

IR spots are tricky in FF. I have a league that allows one but it's only for guys on the IR officially - and it's only relevant b/c it's a keeper league. The IR spot as a DL always begs for abuse and FF drama.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I trade Jordyz and Rob Gronkowski for Jermichael Finley? Standard scoring, non PPR. Roster to follow:

QB(1): Tony Romo
RB(2): Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, James Starks, Pierre Thomas, Delone Carter, Roy Helu, Derrick Ward
WR(3): Roddy White, Mike Williams, Percy Harvin, Jordyz, Devery Henderson
TE(1): Rob Gronkowski, Jared Cook
WR/RB/TE(1)
Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Lord_Anubis
Rookie

Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.

^ I wouldnt do the trade. Unless u dont believe the Brady to TE love. To me Jordy seems like the best 3rd wr u have.

Answer question to get mine answer : )

Standard Scoring. Non-ppr.
I drop D. Moore for which TE: Scott Chandler(Buf), Fred Davis, or J. Grashem(Cin)?
Lord_Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Anubis View Post
^ I wouldnt do the trade. Unless u dont believe the Brady to TE love. To me Jordy seems like the best 3rd wr u have.

I drop D. Moore for which TE: Scott Chandler(Buf), Fred Davis, or J. Grashem(Cin)?
I suppose Fred Davis, but all those options are meh.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd go gresham. also, rob, it's just my opinion, but i think gronkowski is going to be a top 5 fantasy te this season. i don't know if i can say the same for finley.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Should I trade Jordyz and Rob Gronkowski for Jermichael Finley? Standard scoring, non PPR. Roster to follow:

QB(1): Tony Romo
RB(2): Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, James Starks, Pierre Thomas, Delone Carter, Roy Helu, Derrick Ward
WR(3): Roddy White, Mike Williams, Percy Harvin, Jordyz, Devery Henderson
TE(1): Rob Gronkowski, Jared Cook
WR/RB/TE(1)
I wouldn't do it. I agree that Jordy looks like your best option at WR3 and I think he's looking at a breakout this year. Depending on Percy (39 yards passing Dononvan, really??!!) or Devery (who has never taken advantage of the injury-bug opportunities in the past) is not worth what may or may not be a minor upgrade at TE. Granted, Miami is one of the worst in the league at TE, but the drop from Finley to Gronk is nowhere near as steep as the one from Jordy to Percy/Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Anubis View Post

Pass on Chandler. Right now I'd target Fred, as I like his next two matchups better than Gresham's and there's some uncertainty with the QB situation in Cincy.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What if you sub Gates for Finley?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
What if you sub Gates for Finley?
I still think you're creating too big a hole at WR3. You might get good production out of Devery while Colston & Moore are out but then what? Maybe by week 4 Percy is a viable option but I think it's pretty clear McNabb hasn't got much left. At worst Gronk is a TD machine as a favorite redzone target, at best he and Hernandez split 120+ catches this year. Gronk will be a solid start every week and you just don't have that at WR3 if you trade Jordy.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I start Dwayne Bowe this week after the chiefs looked like ****? He only got me 1.8 points, and I have Plaxico, Maclin, Julio Jones, and Jordyzzz I could start over him. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Should I start Dwayne Bowe this week after the chiefs looked like ****? He only got me 1.8 points, and I have Plaxico, Maclin, Julio Jones, and Jordyzzz I could start over him. Any thoughts?
Jordy.

Any one of those three (Jordy > Maclin > Plax) is a better option than Bowe at this point. The Chiefs look lost w/o Charlie.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do i roll the dice on nicks if his status isn't determined by the early games on sunday or go with meachum? my opponent this week has brees.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
do i roll the dice on nicks if his status isn't determined by the early games on sunday or go with meachum? my opponent this week has brees.
Im wondering the same thing right now. Doesn't help we wont know until Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

For now my lineup has Nicks on the bench w/Steve Smith CAR playing instead. Unless there's overwhelming positive news through the week that's how it will remain.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
For now my lineup has Nicks on the bench w/Steve Smith CAR playing instead. Unless there's overwhelming positive news through the week that's how it will remain.
Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Hakeem Nicks (knee) promised that he will play on Monday Night Football against the Rams.

"I don't see myself missing anytime," said a confident Nicks, who didn't practice on but was cleared for running. Nicks insists he feels "much better" now than he did earlier in the week.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Positive news from a source other than the player himself. lol

There's still plenty of time. If he practices Friday / Saturday that's one thing, but I'm not starting him without seeing he gets time in by the end of the week. It's too risky. A last minute scratch screws you on Monday night.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I still think you're creating too big a hole at WR3. You might get good production out of Devery while Colston & Moore are out but then what? Maybe by week 4 Percy is a viable option but I think it's pretty clear McNabb hasn't got much left. At worst Gronk is a TD machine as a favorite redzone target, at best he and Hernandez split 120+ catches this year. Gronk will be a solid start every week and you just don't have that at WR3 if you trade Jordy.
i think you're undervaluing percy harvin badly. i'll happily admit that i'm a gators homer, but if someone offered me percy harvin for jordy nelson in any format where z's at the end of a name don't get points, i'd jump on it. you honestly can't expect mcnabb to be even close to as pathetic as he was against san diego, and the next 4 weeks provide 3 pretty tasty looking match-ups for minnesota's passing game. i'd be shocked if harvin didn't put up similar numbers to santana moss last season (who had a nice season on a significantly less talented redskins team than this vikings team)
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerp.

Matt Ryan vs Philly

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Oakland.

leaning Fitz. hate to **** up a decision like that though.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys,

I got Blount, Jackson, Welker and Johnathan Stewart as option to start at the WR/RB slot for this week. Stewart is pretty much out, and I'm leaning towards Jackson but Welker seems tempting. Who would you advice me to start.

I got Ray Rice and Run DMC as my other to RBs and DMC is listed as Q.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I know...roll with your stars always. So, convince me not to over think this. But last weeks performances by the opposing teams had me thinking.

Drew Brees vs. Bears or Matthew Stafford vs. Chiefs.

Passing Yards: 20 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns:6
Interceptions: -2

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus ******* Christ guys it's spelled Jordyz.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lost my 2nd TE Scott Chandler (BUF) and Jermaine Gresham are on the waiver wire. Which should I take?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote