Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-09-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I thought the first Crysis was much better than the second. The first one was less restrictive and more open. It still can be wicked easy if you use stealth mode a lot to get around.

I mean, I wouldn't call the original a superb game, but I thought the story and general plot was far less stupid and pointless. Albeit there still wasn't much to go on in that area.
I liked the second one a bit better. They're both good games, but I thought the story and the moments in Crysis 2 were more memorable. You did an awful lot of walking around to nowhere in Crysis 1. Still, the massive areas and multiple ways to approach things had it's charm.

Multiplayer, it's not even close IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I would never take a good story in a video game over good gameplay. If i want to watch a movie I'll watch a movie.
You hope you can get both...but yeah, give me solid gameplay over a story for the most part. Just make sure the writing is OK if it's a bad story. One thing that just absolutely sets me off is poor writing and pacing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I would never take a good story in a video game over good gameplay. If i want to watch a movie I'll watch a movie.
God of War is better in both regard, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Becoming a vampire in Oblivion is freaking awful, if you want to get rid of it, that is. That stupid quest, took way too freaking long. I was getting pretty annoyed with it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-10-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slightly off topic here; but people on video game sites make me illogically mad at everything. I read a few blog and stuff to keep up with news and registered an account to try to engage and discuss with things. I've never met a group of people who are more negative, angry, and out of touch with reality. It's literally like an entire online culture of Halsey's and Morton's who all agree with each other.

I think I'll stick to talking about video games with you guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't even bother talking about games with posters on video game websites. Any discussion will lead to COD within half a dozen posts.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Slightly off topic here; but people on video game sites make me illogically mad at everything. I read a few blog and stuff to keep up with news and registered an account to try to engage and discuss with things. I've never met a group of people who are more negative, angry, and out of touch with reality. It's literally like an entire online culture of Halsey's and Morton's who all agree with each other.

I think I'll stick to talking about video games with you guys.
Considering how much money game developers charge the consumer I can't really say it surprises me how upset people get about it.

But you're right, I think gamer's tend to be quite negative.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

IGN says MY PLAYER Mode in NBA 2K12 has seen a bit of a make over. Which is great news. Supposed to be more in depth and now your player wont start off so bad/useless, either. Your ratings will start off on par with other rookie prospects in the draft. They did say they changed the rookie camp stuff to only one game now, not so sure I like that. It'd be cool to go through the combine and have it more realistic in that way.

I'm glad it sounds as though they have made improvements, but we've heard that before. Like with Road to Glory mode supposedly drastically improved this year, and yeah...it wasnt at all. If anything, playing a full high school schedule was incredibly tedious. And the rest of it lacked any real presentation and was pretty bare boned. It's not like the Erin Andres addition a few years ago was that amazing in it, either. But better than having no kind of presentation at all in 2012.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-13-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was thinking of getting Gears of war, anyone else thinking about picking it up next week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I have it reserved my friend...a couple of us are getting it, so we should have at least a few, to team up online. Or maybe get some private matches going.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-14-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
IGN says MY PLAYER Mode in NBA 2K12 has seen a bit of a make over. Which is great news. Supposed to be more in depth and now your player wont start off so bad/useless, either. Your ratings will start off on par with other rookie prospects in the draft. They did say they changed the rookie camp stuff to only one game now, not so sure I like that. It'd be cool to go through the combine and have it more realistic in that way.

I'm glad it sounds as though they have made improvements, but we've heard that before. Like with Road to Glory mode supposedly drastically improved this year, and yeah...it wasnt at all. If anything, playing a full high school schedule was incredibly tedious. And the rest of it lacked any real presentation and was pretty bare boned. It's not like the Erin Andres addition a few years ago was that amazing in it, either. But better than having no kind of presentation at all in 2012.
I hope so. My biggest complaint with all the My Player/Road To Glory/etc. modes have been they're so bland. They could be amazing modes if there was some serious depth to it. I feel like they should treat it almost like a real RPG. If you do well, you can earn contracts, and with that you can purchase cooler looking uniforms/gear/etc.

Maybe throw in a REAL practice mode. Have your performance matter for the next games, etc. Also, make it challenging. My biggest problem with RTG for NCAA is I could make a QB and have him starting and 90+ overall by mid-season his freshman year while playing on Heisman difficulty. It's not that hard.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, the fact that you could have like +8 or +10 type permanent career boosts to ratings in RTG was insane. After my first year, my RB was a 99. Got bored fasted.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I tried the demo out for the Gunstringer. It's a really funny title haha. Great sense of humor. The controls are a little clumsy, but it's something that's worth playing. The 40 dollar price point is attractive for a new game as well, but still a little bit too high for me for that type of thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That's the Kinect game?

I really think Kinect games are grossly overpriced to be honest. These things should be like $20 tops, imo. Microsoft made a killing off of these and now, so many people find them to be useless. The Kinect is essentially an early prototype with no games. I knew I shouldn't have gotten it. Big ole waste of money...I dont even have it hooked up, currently.

That said, I still want to try Rise of Nightmares. Even though the reviews are 50/50 and the gameplay video I saw, didnt work the greatest.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The Kinect is good for old people and children...and just generally people who are going to play video games once a year. Neat party trick category, really. But yeah, the Gunstringer actually had a lot of charm to it....it would just be a heck of a lot more attractive as a XBLA title.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fable 3 kind of sucked, even compared to Fable 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Fable 3 kind of sucked, even compared to Fable 2.
I liked Fable 3 better than Fable 2. The problem was it was mostly a lateral move. Instead of dramatically altering things and adding the depth people wanted, they sort of just slapped a different skin on it and made some little tacked on kingdom thing at the end. The ending in general felt really rushed. For awhile, when you first got to Aurora, I was really feeling it though. But after the cave thing it just went down hill.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I liked Fable 3 better than Fable 2. The problem was it was mostly a lateral move. Instead of dramatically altering things and adding the depth people wanted, they sort of just slapped a different skin on it and made some little tacked on kingdom thing at the end. The ending in general felt really rushed. For awhile, when you first got to Aurora, I was really feeling it though. But after the cave thing it just went down hill.
It was a much less intricate game I found. The amount of weapons dramatically decreased, augmenting was gone, I hated the spellcasting system in comparison, and interacting with people was, in general, much less complex. I felt the storyline was stronger (It'd be hard not to be, Fable 2 was pretty bad) and while it wasn't quite as anti-climatic as Fable 2, Dark Walter wasn't exactly Jack of Blades from the first one. I felt it was just an inferior game overall...Just not as much to do.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, the stuff they took away from you kind of sucked. There really was no reason to either, for a lot of it. Sort of took what made the first few games unique just for the sake of it. But the story telling and the scope felt a lot better to me, and that's sort of a biggie personally. I agree about the final fight being fairly "meh" though. They could have gone for something with a much larger sense of scale than that for sure. I still enjoyed it and thought it was worth playing, but it's another disappointment for sure. Might be time for them to hang it up with that franchise and move on to other things. Really don't think any of them will live up to the first one...which was also a bit of a disappointment.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Fable was originally a bit of a disappointment, but Fable: The Lost Chapters was a MUCH better game.
Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I liked both Fable 2 and Fable 3. But yeah, there were some odd subtractions from Fable 3, for seemingly no reason. I enjoyed the story for the most part, however. They're just solid, good looking games. All three have their positives and negatives. I think you can always count on them being good, at least. I have fun with them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-15-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I liked both Fable 2 and Fable 3. But yeah, there were some odd subtractions from Fable 3, for seemingly no reason. I enjoyed the story for the most part, however. They're just solid, good looking games. All three have their positives and negatives. I think you can always count on them being good, at least. I have fun with them.
Fable III was definitely the worst one for me, and I still thoroughly enjoyed playing through it. I generally get bored of RPGs at some point, but the Fable series usually gets the right balance of talking/action to keep me engaged.
Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's a little over the top...but you should try Nier, APS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's a little over the top...but you should try Nier, APS.
I know it's pretty unbelievable, but I haven't played through Mass Effect 2 yet. I bought the game back in the summer and never got around to playing any further then the first few minutes, so thats next on the list of things to play. I will check out Nier though, as I tend to trust most of the guys in this thread. You guys play way more video games then I do.

Also, can I get a consensus on Madden 12? I'm still rocking Madden 11 and it's a terribly annoying game to play. My ex bought it for my for Christmas and it's just a terrible overall game...I was hoping 12 would live up to expectations and I'd have a reason to buy the new one, but everything I've heard so far is lukewarm at best.
Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You did play the first Mass Effect though, right?

Yeah, you need to get on Mass Effect 2, APS. :)

I really dont know much about Madden 12, myself...I may pick it up eventually, but all these others games I want are coming out really soon. Gears 3 in a few days!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Yeah I've played the first one through twice, the second has been on my list of things to do for a while. But yeah, I gotta get Gears 3 and MW3 when they come out as well. And I just started school. Balls.
Quote: