Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-16-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I beat Oblivion. Well a lot of it anyway....the main storyline and such. 60 Hours worth. I still need to check out the Thieves guild, the Dark Brotherhood, and the Shivering Isles.

I mean, I had some fun with it...but I tend to think it was a little on the overrated side. It doesnt touch the awesomeness of Fallout, imo. The ending, gave me a, "Is that it?" moment. Meeting Mankar Camoran was a let down, because he looked like every other dark elf in the game. And closing all those Oblivion gates got insanely tedious.

But yeah, I still did have fun playing it.
Thieves Guild series of quests may have been favorite in the game. I just like being a ninja, though.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More fun franchise? All under 27 team or a team of "freaks"/really fast people.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaaaaannnnd Gears 3 is ordered from Amazon. $20 dollar credit comes after you are charged, in case anyone is wondering. You can get it shipped by day of release too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here play Dead Island yet?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Anyone here play Dead Island yet?
Been playing it with a friend. Almost done with it.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Thieves Guild series of quests may have been favorite in the game. I just like being a ninja, though.
Currently on the last series of quests here. They're not bad, but my Oblivion cram session has grown boring.

I was really trying to do everything before Gears 3 comes out, and it's not happening. And again, kind of bored with it. Maybe the Dark Brotherhood quests will peak my interest again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Little late posting this, but there's a new Dragon's Dogma trailer out.

Looks good. Gameplay is coming out as well and looks a bit like Demon's Souls. I'm more than OK with that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont have the time to watch that right now, but I'll check it out later. I remember seeing a live demo video, though a while back and it looked pretty bad. The characters constantly shouting out cheesy lines during battle and it just looked subpar.

Hopefully it will be good, though. I liked the debut trailer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-17-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I almost instantly dismiss anything out of Japan these days unless it is a fighting game.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The only truly good Japanese game I've played this gen is Demon's Souls. This looks like Demon's Souls, so I'm going to roll with it.

Plus the art direction isn't completely ludicrous looking like a lot of Japanese games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Not a fan of where Japan is currently at, in game devlopement right now, either. That's why I was so reluctant to play Nier, but it really surprised me. It borrows a lot of gameplay elements from other games, however.

Normally, Japan is just behind the eight ball these days. The early gameplay I saw a while back of Dragon's Dogma, has me worried about it. I'll still keep an eye on it, though.

Japanese developers havent been too innovative as of late...this is why they should just bring back survival horror. lol. They're stuck in their old customs, anyway.

Resident Evil 6: Stuck in a mansion with a bunch of zombies...again.

That'd be a WIN in my book.

I certainly enjoyed RE5, but gah lets not build Resident Evil's campaign around co-op and take away scares for just straight action. RE4 was amazing. I just dont like where they've taken things. I used to be a big Capcom fan...I've really soured on them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-17-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I do agree with the Japan thing, for what it's worth. A lot of that has to do with adapting to technology, but part of me wonders if some of the ridiculousness of the stuff I used to play that came out of Japan just no longer appeals to me at my age. Probably a little bit of both.

Resident Evil 6 actually got faked announced the other day. I was pretty excited. I really don't know why as I think zombies have become completely overplayed....but I enjoy the **** out of Resident Evil.

As far as Dragon's Dogma gamplay, there's new stuff out.

That's the preview they showed at TGS. Getting a pretty strong reception from journalists so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm incredibly sick of zombies...I dont get the fascination and I never did. But, I do love me some oldschool survival horror. I wish they'd just go back to their roots.

Yeah, that goes against what I was saying about Japanese developers. But Resident Evil is just a special case. They've turned it into an action game. Co-op in a Resident Evil game? Never thought I'd see the day. It goes against everything the previous game stood for. If Dead Space goes co-op, I'd be pissed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-17-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just random...but I just wanted to comment on how stupid Oblivion's combat is in a crowd or close quarters. I cant tell you how many times I had to reload a save, because I accidently murdered one of my allies. Messy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-17-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, but nowhere near as much as I enjoyed Resident Evil 4. That game just oozed atmosphere and just worked....in spite of it being more action orientated than the previous titles. I think there's a line you've got to go with and that's more where they should be trying to get with it. It's hard to due a true survival title like that in this day and age when there are titles like Penumbra and Amnesia that have done it in a so much more immersive and effective way. That's not to invalidate titles like Dead Space and Resident Evil...but playing those made me look at that type of game in a different light for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the pre order bonuses for Gow 3?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
What are the pre order bonuses for Gow 3?
$20 promo on amazon with release date shipped, got mine pre-ordered better not be that piece of **** gow 2 the multiplayer better be back up to par reviews gave me hope...
Old 09-17-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I liked Gears of War 2's multiplayer, personally. I had so much fun with it. I really hated when they would have those special days when it would go back to 4 v 4. Once you've played 5 v 5, 4 v 4 is complete garbage.

But yeah, I played so much Guardian in Gears 2. Long competitive matches. So much fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-17-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are getting our Gears on shortly. The SWDC crew is going to run a train on XBL.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably way behind but I just finished Limbo and lately I've been playing Plants vs. Zombies. Just started Braid yesterday and it's also excellent. Highly recommend all three.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I'm probably way behind but I just finished Limbo and lately I've been playing Plants vs. Zombies. Just started Braid yesterday and it's also excellent. Highly recommend all three.
Limbo is probably one of the best games I've ever played. It's just completely so completely realized. You can tell that developers got everything they wanted out of that game and the quality shows. The atmosphere and the art are just so fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

I'll be honest, I'm just waiting for it to go on special...

Old 09-17-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The problem with Limbo for me was actually the story. I wish it was more conclusive and not so anti-climactic at the end either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-17-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I loved that. The ending was one of my favorites in the history of video games. Conclusive stories are boring, subjective ones are so much more fun.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mehhhh.....it would have been so much more powerful, if there was a more conclusive meaning to the story. People have their theories, but people still dont know 100% how he even got to Limbo to look for his sister. I was really let down with the story...the gameplay and atmopshere were great, however.

But if they sured up that story...I could have been blown away, and I just wasnt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS