Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-18-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"I took a break by the referee and I obeyed exactly what I was told," said Ortiz, who made $2 million. "And then, boom, he blindsided me. I'm not a dirty fighter and I apologize for the head-butt. I came to entertain the fans and I think they were entertained. There was a miscommunication with the referee, and neither he nor I are perfect."
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...o-victor-ortiz

From V.Ortiz himself. See how that proves nothing?
I think it's Cortez's fault. How can you not ensure both boxers understand your instructions?
Also, how are you going to call time in then immediately take your eyes off the fight?
Garbage.

I honestly thought Floyd was just going to get in that cheap left.
I actually laughed, thinking that was his way of getting even for the headbutt.
If he would have left it at that then I'd be on his side right now but going for the KO was over the top, cheap and the fact that he said "This adds to my legacy" is a friggin' joke.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didn't get to watch the fight but read an article this morning absolutely bashing ortiz.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...eadbutt-091711

Quote:
His famous lead right hand couldn’t touch Mayweather, and his left was of no consequence. So he tried bulling Mayweather into the ropes — a tactic for which the 34-year-old champion was all too prepared. Then he went for the butt. I counted three attempts. But the third proved the most desperate and dramatic, as Ortiz rose up on his toes and launched the crown of his head like a missile at Mayweather’s chin.
at first i was like awww, mayweather got himself a win through a cheap shot. but after reading that ortiz tried his head butt THREE TIMES, i can't say i would have done anything different from floyd.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
didn't get to watch the fight but read an article this morning absolutely bashing ortiz.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...eadbutt-091711

at first i was like awww, mayweather got himself a win through a cheap shot. but after reading that ortiz tried his head butt THREE TIMES, i can't say i would have done anything different from floyd.
What are they talking about? There was definitely just one attempt. It was very obvious. Ortiz is really bad with his head. When he fought Beto in April he had to be warned about his head a couple times per round. He just needs to gain better body control and then he will become a top fighter. Until then it's just gonna look sloppy.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.

Mayweather is trash. Mayweather is dirty. I wish he would fight Manny so he can get his clown ass beat. Straight cheap shot. How do they even call the fight? The ref was still figuring out the points and wasn't even paying attention. Mayweather can't be proud of this fight. Im disgusted and can't wait till the day Manny beats his ass and shows why Mayweather has been ducking and dodging him like a *****
Ray Lewis/Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, upon further review I didnt see an OK, either.

But whatever...that head butt was BS. And this fight more than likley would have ended the same way anyway. Ortiz is a *****. I just want to see this god damn Pac fight.
********. Mayweather wasn't going to KO him. It would of went to cards. No justification for that. The headbutt was during the fight and he was frustrated. Mayweather accepted a hug which was supposed to be a apology and as Ortiz looked at the ref to see what the deal was he got stole. Straight *****
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha what a disappointing fight. There's really no conceivable defense for Ortiz, but at the same time is anyone really going top dispute that was a hell of a cheap shot by Mayweather?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lewis/Rice View Post
Mayweather is trash. Mayweather is dirty. I wish he would fight Manny so he can get his clown ass beat. Straight cheap shot. How do they even call the fight? The ref was still figuring out the points and wasn't even paying attention. Mayweather can't be proud of this fight. Im disgusted and can't wait till the day Manny beats his ass and shows why Mayweather has been ducking and dodging him like a *****
apparently the ref told the fighters "fight on".

on another note, did ortiz really kiss mayweather after the head butt?

kissing has a bad history in fighting lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
********. Mayweather wasn't going to KO him. It would of went to cards. No justification for that. The headbutt was during the fight and he was frustrated. Mayweather accepted a hug which was supposed to be a apology and as Ortiz looked at the ref to see what the deal was he got stole. Straight *****
It would have ended in a Mayweather win, that's what I was saying. Ortiz isnt in his class.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hes already said he will fight Pac, Pac just needs to agree to do his test...they are both bitches for not doing it...but to talk like Mayweather just wont fight him, is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.boxingasylum.com/main/?p=2232

PacMan agreed to do the testing already.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
What are they talking about? There was definitely just one attempt. It was very obvious. Ortiz is really bad with his head. When he fought Beto in April he had to be warned about his head a couple times per round. He just needs to gain better body control and then he will become a top fighter. Until then it's just gonna look sloppy.
I definitely saw another head butt myself. Pretty sure they had that in their game plan, seeing as it was in the same exact situation. He had May against the ropes, towards the corner, and he was in close with his head ducked down. As he was moving his head, he moved it pretty aggressively under the chin of Floyd to the other side in a swiping motion.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hes already said he will fight Pac, Pac just needs to agree to do his test...they are both bitches for not doing it...but to talk like Mayweather just wont fight him, is incorrect.
The testing didn't come up until the fight was about to go down. He knew Manny wouldn't do that testing and thats why HE requested that
Old 09-18-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The testing didn't come up until the fight was about to go down. He knew Manny wouldn't do that testing and thats why HE requested that
Im pretty sure Mayweather has this testing done in every fight he fights in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He never asked for tests for any other fight. Until the first Pacquaio negotiations. Now he is kind of stuck in the position where he has to demand every opponent to take it. So it doesn't look like he asked as a way to duck Manny.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he could just think Pac is dirty. Pac not agreeing to the tests is a little questionable, at least.

Dont get me wrong, I love Pacquaio.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, he could just think Pac is dirty. Pac not agreeing to the tests is a little questionable, at least.

Dont get me wrong, I love Pacquaio.
So why not ask for tests on any of the opponents before the first Pacquaio negotiation. Where was the test requests on Hatton, Oscar, Gatti, Balldomir, Marquez, and Judah?

You never see any other individual competitor ask for more tests then the athletic commission gives.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Cause Pac is Pac, next to Mayweather, he's the biggest name in the sport. And he's the biggest threat to Floyd. There can be some steroid/HGH rumors the Mayweather camp caught wind of. Whatever. But Pac not agreeing to it, was again...a little questionable.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cause Pac is Pac, next to Mayweather, he's the biggest name in the sport. And he's the biggest threat to Floyd. There can be some steroid/HGH rumors the Mayweather camp caught wind of. Whatever. But Pac not agreeing to it, was again...a little questionable.
Why should Pac agree to it. It is not a request from a state commission or a sanction from the wbc or something like that. All it was just a way for Floyd to duck out of the fight.

No other fighter would even bother to even make a request like that. If Floyd and his camp really believed Pac was dirty they would not try and take it upon themselves to ask for tests. They would look to go the sanctioning body's and the commission's.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mehhhh...if Pac wanted the best, I dont see why he would have a problem taking the test. A blood test that both of them would have been taking, anyway. He could clear his name against some of those PED allegations.

I just think it's a little sketchy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Mehhhh...if Pac wanted the best, I dont see why he would have a problem taking the test. A blood test that both of them would have been taking, anyway. He could clear his name against some of those PED allegations.

I just think it's a little sketchy.
He had agreed to take the tests. He didn't like the timing of it. Which is a different issue then saying he doesn't want to take the tests.

A fighter or the athlete should not be the one requesting for tests as a part of a negotiation. That is why the have commissions and sanctioning.

What makes Floyd more special then any other athlete where he feels he has the right to even ask for one.

The fact that he has never asked any other fighter about tests until the Pac negotiation shows he used it as a way to duck him.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You cant say that for sure, though.

There have been a lot of skeptical eyes on Pac after this whole situation. Mayweather's camp may have heard things about Pac, specifically. Opposed to the other fighters you mentioned. This is the biggest fight of Mayweather's career, I dont blame the guy for leaving no stone unturned.

Manny returned with a really lame duck excuse that many people just had a hard time believing. And the testing time is paramount, because of the time frame that HGH is actually detectable after injection.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You cant say that for sure, though.

There have been a lot of skeptical eyes on Pac after this whole situation. Mayweather's camp may have heard things about Pac, specifically. Opposed to the other fighters you mentioned. This is the biggest fight of Mayweather's career, I dont blame the guy for leaving no stone unturned.

Manny returned with a really lame duck excuse that many people just had a hard time believing. And the testing time is paramount, because of the time frame that HGH is actually detectable after injection.
There have been skeptical eyes on Floyd as well.

Let me ask if Floyd is so concerned about the sport being clean and everything being fair. Why isn't he out there making sure testing is apart of every fight for every single fighter?

Why is it there has to be even more testing only for his opponents?

The fighters I mentioned were his previous opponents of his before the negotiation and most of them have history of drug use.

Yet he didn't ask for any more type of testing from them.

The only reason they asked Pac is fear. The regular testing of the fighters was fine for him until Manny. Floyd at this point is cherry picking opponents that he knows he can beat to collect checks.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
http://www.boxingasylum.com/main/?p=2232

PacMan agreed to do the testing already.
...and he's already agreed to do the testing

Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

So basically Mayweather looks at Pacman film and goes "damn I can't beat that guy he has to be on steroids". I think asking for that type of test when it is well known that Pacman has his rituals and doesn't like to get blood taken from him so close to the fight is Mayweather dodging Pacman to me. I don't see no other explanation.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

The crazy thing is that I think it will be a good ass fight. I mean I get pissed at him dodging Pacman and say he's going to knock Mayweather out but in reality the fight would be insane. **** just needs to go down and Mayweather needs to stop worrying about his record and worry about being the best by beating the best.