Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 09-16-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ok listen up and listen good.. I was gracious when you guys completely steamrolled us on Sunday and now you have to return the favor:

PLEASE do the same to the Raiders for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE! :D

2-0 Bills, gogogo!
I like the way you think, Vidae. From your mouth to God's ears.......
Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Jacoby Ford is out for the Raiders. This is good news. Honestly, I think if we keep DMC even somewhat in check we should win. I say this under the assumption that Fitzpatrick is somewhat for real and doesn't go into super-gunslinger confidence mode and rack up the INTs by trying to force ridiculous throws.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What a game! Jesus.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing. So amazing. I love the Bills. Can't stop shaking.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That settles it. Im trying to go to the Pats game.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That settles it. Im trying to go to the Pats game.
might see ya there if we can get some cheap tix.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between Easley going to IR, Ruvell Martin having no catches on 3 targets that hit him, and Roscoe now being out long term - is there any doubt that it's time for some Naaman?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Between Easley going to IR, Ruvell Martin having no catches on 3 targets that hit him, and Roscoe now being out long term - is there any doubt that it's time for some Naaman?
Gotta be. I'm so jacked up for the Pats game, please no classic Bills letdown :(
Old 09-20-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have done great so far, a real exciting team to watch. I am glad Fitzpatrick is having success, he is a good QB and has a cool back story IMO.

I'm just mapping out a mock draft, I think you guys will probably be picking in the late teens/early 20s. Would you say the biggest need is a LT? I think Datko or Reily Reiff would be great picks. A WR like Jeff Fuller would also make sense.

Anyways it is great to see the Bills off to a hot start. They haven't been this exciting to watch since the days of Flutie!!!!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parrish has officially gone to the IR, and Roosevelt has been called up to the 53 man roster.
And I was listening to the Edge today and they were talking about how with Urbik out 2-4 weeks, we only have 1 interior lineman left (depth-wise).. Colin Brown. We just signed Keith Williams to the PS, and Michael Jasper. That is flat out embarrassing. We desperately need help on the OLine. There is little to no depth across the board, whatsoever.

And SolidGold, to answer your question..
We seem to have quite a few needs to be honest. Demetrius Bell, our starting LT, has not looked bad at all since the regular season started. But he seems to run hot and cold. One week he'll be good, and the next he flat out sucks. So LT is a possibility. However, Gailey seems to really like Hairston at LT and is grooming him to be the starter there (I think). I'd like to see the other Bills fans on here weigh in on that. Our pass-rush has been absent throughout the first two games, so that may be an issue. I really don't see Merriman staying healthy for 17 weeks, as well. However, the two teams we've played so far possess run-heavy offenses, so that may be a possibility as to why we have not blitzed too much. This week's game against NE should be a good game to see where we stand in that department. Our CBs haven't looked great.. McGee is always hurt, and McKelvin seems to get burned every other day. Gailey seems to be losing his patience with him, or at least that's how he sounded in the training camp interviews. WR could be another possibility, but I think that'll be addressed in the middle rounds somewhere. Hope that helps and I'd like to hear some other Bills fans' opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Parrish has officially gone to the IR, and Roosevelt has been called up to the 53 man roster.
And I was listening to the Edge today and they were talking about how with Urbik out 2-4 weeks, we only have 1 interior lineman left (depth-wise).. Colin Brown. We just signed Keith Williams to the PS, and Michael Jasper. That is flat out embarrassing. We desperately need help on the OLine. There is little to no depth across the board, whatsoever.

And SolidGold, to answer your question..
We seem to have quite a few needs to be honest. Demetrius Bell, our starting LT, has not looked bad at all since the regular season started. But he seems to run hot and cold. One week he'll be good, and the next he flat out sucks. So LT is a possibility. However, Gailey seems to really like Hairston at LT and is grooming him to be the starter there (I think). I'd like to see the other Bills fans on here weigh in on that. Our pass-rush has been absent throughout the first two games, so that may be an issue. I really don't see Merriman staying healthy for 17 weeks, as well. However, the two teams we've played so far possess run-heavy offenses, so that may be a possibility as to why we have not blitzed too much. This week's game against NE should be a good game to see where we stand in that department. Our CBs haven't looked great.. McGee is always hurt, and McKelvin seems to get burned every other day. Gailey seems to be losing his patience with him, or at least that's how he sounded in the training camp interviews. WR could be another possibility, but I think that'll be addressed in the middle rounds somewhere. Hope that helps and I'd like to hear some other Bills fans' opinions.
If we spend another premium pick on a CB, I will kill someone. Assuming Fitz doesn't implode, I think OT and OLB are our 2 most pressing needs. I also wouldn't mind using early selections on a MLB or WR if the right prospect was there.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we spend another premium pick on a CB, I will kill someone. Assuming Fitz doesn't implode, I think OT and OLB are our 2 most pressing needs. I also wouldn't mind using early selections on a MLB or WR if the right prospect was there.
As will I. But if McKelvin fails to improve over the course of the season, I will as well. Hopefully Williams makes some major strides and flashes some potential over the course of the season. I'm really hoping that Bell is consistent over the course of the season (yeah, right) so we can finally scratch LT off the list of needs. I'd like to see RG upgraded for sure, but not in the 1st. RT is a need, as well. We absolutely need to get some pass-rushers in here because that is imperative in the 3-4. What are your thoughts on Burfict at ILB? Who would you compare him to that is currently in the league?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 09-20-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
As will I. But if McKelvin fails to improve over the course of the season, I will as well. Hopefully Williams makes some major strides and flashes some potential over the course of the season. I'm really hoping that Bell is consistent over the course of the season (yeah, right) so we can finally scratch LT off the list of needs. I'd like to see RG upgraded for sure, but not in the 1st. RT is a need, as well. We absolutely need to get some pass-rushers in here because that is imperative in the 3-4. What are your thoughts on Burfict at ILB? Who would you compare him to that is currently in the league?
I ******* love Burfict. Like man crush status. As far as a comparison, I have no idea....the only way to describe his play is INTENSE; kinda like a poor man's old school Ray Lewis. Thats not a great comparison though.....idk, you need to see him play. I also love Michael Floyd. Not surprisingly, those are the 2 guys I was referring to as "the right prospects" as I figure they could be coming off the board around where we should pick.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
I ******* love Burfict. Like man crush status. As far as a comparison, I have no idea....the only way to describe his play is INTENSE; kinda like a poor man's old school Ray Lewis. Thats not a great comparison though.....idk, you need to see him play. I also love Michael Floyd. Not surprisingly, those are the 2 guys I was referring to as "the right prospects" as I figure they could be coming off the board around where we should pick.

Is Burfict strictly an ILB? Or even, would his talents be better suited for the inside? I really hate when the team switches players in and out of positions (ala Moats/Batten). Kind of a square peg in a round hole mentality. I'd rather just pick one and stick to it so they can maximize the player's potential. A Burfict/Sheppard ILB pair could be possible next year.

And in terms of a comparison (I'm just throwing this one out there.. I've never really watched Burfict play much), what do you think of a Burfict/Urlacher comparison?

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rob S : 09-20-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I actually think Vontaze could play outside because he is such an amazing blitzer. I don't love the Urlacher comparison because Vontaze isn't nearly as good in coverage and he is a better blitzer and much bigger hitter. Burfict is actually pretty smooth in coverage, but he has elite blitzing ability, so its almost a waste to drop him.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
I actually think Vontaze could play outside because he is such an amazing blitzer. I don't love the Urlacher comparison because Vontaze isn't nearly as good in coverage and he is a better blitzer and much bigger hitter. Burfict is actually pretty smooth in coverage, but he has elite blitzing ability, so its almost a waste to drop him.
So you think that he should be switched to the rush 'backer position in our 3-4? Because Davis is our thumper, and Barnett hasn't blitzed much.

Here's a good article about him from SportingNews.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ontaze-burfict

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Is Burfict strictly an ILB? Or even, would his talents be better suited for the inside? I really hate when the team switches players in and out of positions (ala Moats/Batten). Kind of a square peg in a round hole mentality. I'd rather just pick one and stick to it so they can maximize the player's potential. A Burfict/Sheppard ILB pair could be possible next year.

And in terms of a comparison (I'm just throwing this one out there.. I've never really watched Burfict play much), what do you think of a Burfict/Urlacher comparison?
We haven't switched Batten around since the initial change when we drafted him, which was the only place he could fit in our defense. Our fascination with standing up Carrington is a lot more interesting, but I think that's just because we're a lot deeper at DE than OLB. Moats is still very interesting once he's healthy, since we never replaced Eddins at OLB and he is an interesting rush option either inside or out.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
So you think that he should be switched to the rush 'backer position in our 3-4? Because Davis is our thumper, and Barnett hasn't blitzed much.

Here's a good article about him from SportingNews.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ontaze-burfict
I think he would still be better suited for the middle, but he could move outside.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely juiced for this game on Sunday.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So who else was there? So ******* amazing. So ******* amazing!

Buffalo party.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys! What a great game! I was cheering for you from the start.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys, I can imagine what it must feel like to end a streak like that. See you later this year ;)
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ELATION! SWEET, SWEET VICTORY!

I love you all, I love my ******* Buffalo Bills, finally making me a proud little man today.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

2011 Buffalo Bills #swagpersonified #whysoserious #BillsMafia #FitzMagic #I'msoeffingdrunk
Old 09-26-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Can't say enough about the swag. Freddy is feeling it and I love it so much. Dancing on the sidelines after breaking off big runs. Firing up the crowd. Taking the touchdown flag and waving it around in victory. Just ******** on any defense in front of him. I don't know the last time I've liked an athlete this much.