Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
This week will be perhaps the first time ever I have rooted for the Vikings to beat the Lions.
Man I dont know this is a tough one... I ****ing hate the Vikings like none other but basically it would be more important if they won. They really dont look like any threat this year compared to the Lions. Its one of those games where I will be happy in the end. Vikings lose :D or Lions lose :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
would hate to have him back. Just was never a big Sharper fan

if it happens it happens, though.
He's likely better than MD Jennings, right?
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Sharper back... but I'm not really adamant on getting him, either. Just a meh situation.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are various possible scenarios they can go in

If things get bad, Woodson could perhaps make the shift to safety. This is probably the most extreme situation and lets hope it doesn't have to happen. Only way this would even work is if Davon House gets it going and can help down the stretch as a nickel/dime back, because as of right now, if Woodson DID make a shift to safety...it would mean BUsh would be on the field and we do not want that

the other more likely scenarios are that they bring Underwood or Levine back...or perhaps shift Bush back to Safety(this depends on House's development as well...unless the Pack are fine with Lee taking BUsh's spot at CB)

obviously, I want House to stay healthy and step up because I don't trust Bush or Lee

One thing is for sure, they can ill afford to lose anybody else in the secondary. Tramon's injury only being a bruise is huge right now. Imagine if that sh*t was more severe along with Nick going down. So fed up with the injuries

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-20-2011 at 01:59 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that we retained Peprah this offseason is now huge. If we didn't have Peprah, Collins' injury would probably result in a major collapse of the secondary. Peprah is a capable starter who isn't going to make too many mistakes. I'm not worried about him. What we need to have happen is Burnett to step up his play his play to offset some of what we lose from Collins. Burnett can give us some of the playmaking ability Collins had, but the big question is whether he can eliminate mistakes. Last year when Barnett went down, Bishop came in and was an improvement. I can't imagine that happening with Collins/Burnett, but we need him to get to a much higher level of play by the postseason.

Underwood will probably be brought back considering how thin we are now.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Underwood will probably be brought back considering how thin we are now.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharper worked out for Denver, but hasn't signed yet.
No Pro-Bowlers are out there on the street, and he got burnt plenty when he was young and faster.
But he makes plays too..... if our pass rush returns to form, I think he could be a ballhawk back there, IF NEEDED.
Hopefully Burnett & Pep stay healthy for the remaining 17 games. But odds are strong they won't.

Where's Levine, #34 for us in training camp?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy says initial prognosis is a knee bruise for Bulaga

which means he's probably done for the year at this rate.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

McCarthy has gone from the patented word of a "sprain", to the "bruise".
I'm so sick of us losing a starter every effing week. That sucks. I want normal or better-than-normal luck with injuries for once.

If we had that, we could go 14-2 easily.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

These suckers have pulled out 2 games in which they trailed big. First week at Tampa Bay, and yesterday at Minny, down 20-0 starting the 2nd half.

They have a cupcake 3rd place schedule, to our champion schedule.

Remember, we lost at Detroit last year with Stafford out injured. They're a ton better now, and more confident. We are better as well of course. They will be a tough out all year long.

Here's their remaining schedule:

Week
4- @ Dallas (how fortunate for Lions that Austin is out, Dez Bryant, Romo, Felix all hurt)

5- vs Bears

6- vs 49ers

7- vs Falcons (yes in Detroit. Atlanta is great at home, bad on the road)

8- @ Denver

9- Bye

10- @ Chicago

11- vs Panthers

12- vs Packers (Thanksgiving)

13- @ New Orleans

14- vs Vikings

15- @Raiders

16- vs Chargers

17- @ Packers

They have a pretty easy schedule, with the Falcons playing them up there in Detroit, as well as San Diego. They get Dallas now with all their guys out, or playing at 60% hurt.

I see the Lions going about 12-4, and our week 12 Thanksgiving game will be the biggest Turkey day game in years, and will take the focus off food that Thursday.

Then to finish the season against them? On Frozen Lambeau on New Years Day?
Wow.

I remember when the Bears got lucky to get some early wins last year, early and midway thru, and it led to them winning the division.

I know it all worked out for us in the end, but we want to win the division and get the playoff bye. Playoff byes are essentially "wins". You advance to the NFC Final Four automatically.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well are schedule is basically the same. Just switch Dallas with the Giants and the 49ers with the Rams. We have to go to Atlanta and San Diego while while they get both at home. They play the Saints on the road while we were at home....

We lost 7-3 without Rodgers playing the second half. If he would have no doubt in my mind we would have won. Detroit is much improved but im not entirely sold on them and don't see 12-4. I predict more along the lines of 10-6.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care who Detroit plays or what their schedule is. Bottom line is we cannot beat ourselves like we did in games last year ala against the Redskins and Dolphins.

This is a team that went in Philly twice and won, went into Atlanta and won, and went into Chicago and won on its way to a Superbowl victory. We know what it takes, we've been there before, its just time to cleanup the errors.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
McCarthy has gone from the patented word of a "sprain", to the "bruise".
I'm so sick of us losing a starter every effing week. That sucks. I want normal or better-than-normal luck with injuries for once.

If we had that, we could go 14-2 easily.
Sprain AND a bruise. Just glad there is no tear.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Well are schedule is basically the same. Just switch Dallas with the Giants and the 49ers with the Rams. We have to go to Atlanta and San Diego while while they get both at home. They play the Saints on the road while we were at home....

We lost 7-3 without Rodgers playing the second half. If he would have no doubt in my mind we would have won. Detroit is much improved but im not entirely sold on them and don't see 12-4. I predict more along the lines of 10-6.
Do you (guys) think Detroit will make the playoffs?
We're only 3 games in. I'll go on record and say yes right now.
I hope I'm wrong because they are our only competition for the division this season.

I think they're about even money in Vegas right now. I'm buying. I can't imagine if they hadn't lost Leshoure. He was a beast and perfect for this offense. They get Nick Fairley back soon too. I hope his foot keeps him from being the beast he was at Auburn.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Sprain AND a bruise. Just glad there is no tear.
I wouldn't breathe easy yet. McCarthy always pulls this crap and then come Wednesday after "Further tests" we get worse news

remember, Mike Neal had a "knee sprain" and was "day-to-day" and he suddenly missed a month before getting surgery that will wipe him out at least half the season

not out of the woods yet. Hopefully on wednesday after those further tests it doesn't reveal anything worse.

bright side is Newhouse played well and Sherrod is developing. They can make due at RT a few games without Bulaga IMO
Old 09-27-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Last year Morgan Burnett had a knee sprain as of Monday morning.
Finley a knee sprain. Grant a foot sprain.
One area we've been fortunate is WR. Look at the Giants injured batch of WRs. Dallas missing Miles Austin. Dez missed a game and isn't himself since.
Kenny Britt's season is over. TO is out with the knee 'sprain'.

I'm not resting easy on this one either until I see Bulaga back out there.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We've had problems against the pass. But leading all the time, teams are gonna pass more to catch up.

Plus we lost Tramon in game 1, Collins in game 2, so that presented some challenges there.

But this is good:

Packers lead the NFL in rush defense, having allowed just 55 yards per game through the first three weeks.

Bears RB Matt Forte was held to 2 yards on 9 carries.
The Panthers’ RB's Deangelo Williams and Johnathan Stewart combined for 18 yards on 11 rushes.
Mark Ingram led the Saints with 40 yards on 13 carries in the opener.

If not for scrambles by Cammy Newton, the numbers would be even more impressive.

AJ Hawk & Desmond Bishop are doing a great job stuffing, and of course Ryan Pickett and BJ Raji, plus Wynn and Wilson and big Howard, do a good job lately in there plugging things up.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what its worth Bulaga was walking on his own and even returned to the bench in sweats during the game. If it was serious he would've been carted off and not returned. I think we dodged a huge bullet in terms of a serious injury but I would've be suprised to see him miss a week or 2.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12-4 for the Lions is kind of reactionary, no? They were down big twice and came back. Sure that builds confidence but teams will start to close as the season goes on. Frazier completely ****** the Vikings out of that win by not giving AP the ball more. I'd say the Vikings lost rather than the Lions won.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
For what its worth Bulaga was walking on his own and even returned to the bench in sweats during the game. If it was serious he would've been carted off and not returned. I think we dodged a huge bullet in terms of a serious injury but I would've be suprised to see him miss a week or 2.
Since Newhouse played pretty well, I expect they will be cautious bringing him back. No need to rush him back if you have someone who is doing a decent job in relief.

Thankfully so far this is not the same situation as when Clifton missed some time and Lang and Colledge were struggling to fill in at LT.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
We've had problems against the pass. But leading all the time, teams are gonna pass more to catch up.

Plus we lost Tramon in game 1, Collins in game 2, so that presented some challenges there.

But this is good:

Packers lead the NFL in rush defense, having allowed just 55 yards per game through the first three weeks.

Bears RB Matt Forte was held to 2 yards on 9 carries.
The Panthers’ RB's Deangelo Williams and Johnathan Stewart combined for 18 yards on 11 rushes.
Mark Ingram led the Saints with 40 yards on 13 carries in the opener.

If not for scrambles by Cammy Newton, the numbers would be even more impressive.

AJ Hawk & Desmond Bishop are doing a great job stuffing, and of course Ryan Pickett and BJ Raji, plus Wynn and Wilson and big Howard, do a good job lately in there plugging things up.
Just to play devil's advocate. Do you think that has anything to do with the fact that they are giving up a lot of passing yards?

I'm just thinking back to the defenses under Donatell (or maybe it was Sanders?) that had good statistics vs the pass, however, the big picture was that they couldn't stop the run so opponents had no reason to throw the ball.

This defense is obviously miles apart from those. Just pointing out that sometimes statistics can be deceiving when looked at through a narrow lens.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
12-4 for the Lions is kind of reactionary, no? They were down big twice and came back. Sure that builds confidence but teams will start to close as the season goes on. Frazier completely ****** the Vikings out of that win by not giving AP the ball more. I'd say the Vikings lost rather than the Lions won.
I don't know that I'd call 10-6 being down big, which is the only other time the lions have trailed this year. I can't see 12-4 because they simply cannot run the football, and I'm still not sure I believe in their secondary against teams with actual receiving corps. However, in the North this year, I can see them winning 10.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Just to play devil's advocate. Do you think that has anything to do with the fact that they are giving up a lot of passing yards?

I'm just thinking back to the defenses under Donatell (or maybe it was Sanders?) that had good statistics vs the pass, however, the big picture was that they couldn't stop the run so opponents had no reason to throw the ball.

This defense is obviously miles apart from those. Just pointing out that sometimes statistics can be deceiving when looked at through a narrow lens.

Having seen the defense play, I think it's fair to say they can stop the run. The defensive line has been dominating the line of scrimmage on run plays and it seems to be the only time the team can tackle.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Since Newhouse played pretty well, I expect they will be cautious bringing him back. No need to rush him back if you have someone who is doing a decent job in relief.
This week we'll see Elvis Dumervil on one side, and Von Miller on the other side.

TCU Newhouse will be matched up with TA&M Miller..... I hope we get the best of that one.

Luckily, it's a bad team so it's a perfect time to get Marshall some more work. The thing is, we lost to some bad teams last year (Miami, Washington, Detroit), and we lost to Tampa Bay the year before when they were like 0-7.

We are much better and more confident now however.

NEXT week we go to Hotlanta for a rematch of the awesome NFC Divisional playoff game last year in which Tramon took a shootout back & forth game, and made it a blowout. Atlanta wasted 5 draft picks on Julio Jones to try and outscore us.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Sounds like Grant will be out this week. Might finally get a glimpse of what Alex Green can do.