Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win, Fred Davis is beast. I've got to say though if Landy doesn't come back soon we are in trouble, Reed Doughty is the worst safety in the league. I'm fairly certain every single play the Giants made was because of him. I don't care if he's green as hell Dejon Gomes has got to be a better option or Kevin Barnes, just god no not Reed Doughty.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked that the Redskins stayed dedicated to the run all game although it was not completely effective. Grossman looked good just about all game, his arm strength is really up there with the best in the league, he just needs to eliminate mistakes.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our O-line phyiscally is too weak to hold up a whole game especially in run blocking. Trent Williams meh, he continues to struggle. JPP is good but he cotninues to make the same technical mistakes over and over again. Makes me question his ability to improve and learn.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They did get good contributions from the rookie class, that has to be something to build upon. Kerrigan played great and made an impact play by scoring off the pass he intercepted, Neild had two sacks and Niles Paul had the FG block. Those are really encouraging early returns for their draft class. I wonder if the Skins will go QB in the first round next year, I guess alot of it depends on Rex's performance throughout the year. I never expected them to be in the Luck sweepstakes. I would love to see them get Tannehill from Texas A&M, he would be a great fit in the offense. They also need o-line help, secondary depth and ILB depth to groom as Fletcher's replacement and for McIntosh if he decides to leave.

Also, did everyone see McNabb's line...he threw for 39 yards..lol
Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how bout my boy Chris Nield!!! Dude is relentless. 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
how bout my boy Chris Nield!!! Dude is relentless. 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

Loved how Neild played, shows that a hardworking lunch bucket type of guy gets rewarded once and a while. The book on him was more a space eater and wouldn't get much push or pocket pressure. That's not what I saw on Sunday. Pretty disappoined with Trent - JPP owned him again. STRip's comments are my concerns as well - he hasn't shown any progress and maybe has regressed some.
Edit: Saw mcnabb's stats and further confirms my opinion that he is done as a reliable starter. the Iggles saw us coming and fleeced the Skins in that trade.

Last edited by Canadian_draft_fan : 09-12-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm also very happy with Josh Wilson he's an upgrade over Carlos Rogers. I'm also shocked through the preseason and yesterday how good Rocky looks. Last year he was lost and horrible. He's looked real stout and has improved his pass rushing.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so you CAN win by more than one score!?

Seriously though, pretty solid win. Rex looked good. The Giants D just seemed all over that stretch run play...hopefully the run game looks better against a non divisional foe. Trent getting owned by JPP wasn't fun to watch either.

Skins front 7 played real well. I said this before the season but this secondary without Landry is in for a hurting vs better passing teams. Luckily we have a last place schedule so we don't face a whole lot of them.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm also very happy with Josh Wilson he's an upgrade over Carlos Rogers. I'm also shocked through the preseason and yesterday how good Rocky looks. Last year he was lost and horrible. He's looked real stout and has improved his pass rushing in the second half.
fixed your post. mcintosh struggled in the first half imo but looked a lot better in the second half. still a liability in coverage though.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So happy we got Neild, I knew whoever got him was going to get a steal. I thought the D looked great yesterday with the exception of some horrible mistakes by Doughty who is an astronomical liability in coverage. The addition of Cofield has been great, although not a typical NT he still does a great job of controlling the line, although he was getting worked pretty good a couple plays. However, when we really needed a stop we got them and that was the difference in the game.

As far as offense I thought Rex did a great job throwing the ball with the exception of the deep ball. I really hope he tries to work on that but at this point I don't think there is much room for improvement. If he can this offense should really take off because guys are getting open in this system so credit to Kyle. The run game looks pretty good so far the line is not very strong and we aren't that deep so I think we might get out muscled by some teams but Hightower looks great and ready to roll. He took all but one carry which says a lot about the condition he's in and I still think that Ryan Torrain is a good RB that we should utilize when fully healthy.

Fred Davis was the stand out yesterday, he looks like he's in the best shape of his life and I know he trimmed down a bit which is obviously helping. I think he could be poised for a 700-800 yard type season and will be a good option in the red zone so he will have a chance to score. I thought Armstrong made some really nice catches, he dropped some too but the one near the goalline that Phillips knocked out was a great play by the safety. Gaffney is an improvement over what we had last year and Moss looked like his consistent self. I don't recall seeing Hank in the game but he has to earn it and work on the drops.

As far as Graham Gano, what can you do? He just can not make a kick when you need one but his leg is a big plus for touchbacks with the new rule. I just we would could find a steady kicker for once in my life.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys looked very goo agianst the Giants yesterday. Sexy Rexy looked good for the most part. The guy that stood out the most was Fred Davis. He was all over the field making plays. Santana looked crisp and healthy so that's a good sign. I was impressed.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
As far as Graham Gano, what can you do? He just can not make a kick when you need one but his leg is a big plus for touchbacks with the new rule. I just we would could find a steady kicker for once in my life.
Bring back Lohmiller and Mosely.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

703skins Hank wasn't active, neither was Stallworth, problem with Hank and Stallworth is they don't play special teams which is why Terrence Austin and Niles Paul were in there. I think we are pretty much comfortable with Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Cooley, and Davis, then Austin, Paul, and Banks as backup WR's if need be. I don't expect Hank or Stallworth to be active or get pt until injuries. Really makes you wonder why you'd keep a stallworth over a young guy like Royster or Aldrick or a backup D-lineman like Bryant or Worthington. Or Edgar Jones who is a nice special teams player and rotational pass rusher.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok that makes sense then. I heard Mike Shanahan say he needs to prove himself in practice if he wants to get pt. IIRC Shanahan said that Banks will strictly be a return specialist and wont take reps at WR.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gano finally coming through, Kerrigan is a beast.

Dhall gettin burned by Fitz probably shouldve lost us the game. This team actually fights back and plays smart though, totally different than past yrs when they wouldve lost this game easily.

Rex threw one bad pass but looked pretty good otherwise. Fred Davis making Cooley obsolete like I said before the season.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Through two games they have looked good. Kerrigan looks great, pairing him the Orakpo should solidify that pass rush for awhile. Not to jump the gun but I can't wait to see what they do in the draft next year.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I wouldn't give Gano too much credit, he's making field goals even a high school kicker should. I've never seen an NFL player in which you are so nervous for field goals within 40 yards. His kicks are just way too low, I called that blocked kick before the play. Great win though, Fred Davis is beast and has really improved his blocking. Wilson will probably be out although in comparison the Boys may be missing Miles Austin and Felix Jones. Need Landry back asap.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

nuff said

Old 09-19-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Orakpo and Kerrigan played great yesterday. Kerrigan is a stud.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Helu got involved in the gameplan on Sunday. What do you guys think the chances of him splitting carries or taking over for Hightower are?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I saw Helu got involved in the gameplan on Sunday. What do you guys think the chances of him splitting carries or taking over for Hightower are?
He's not taking over Hightower unless Hightower starts fumbling. Hightower is perfect for Shanny's one cut system, he runs hard as hell and is our best option in pass protection. I do see Helu implemented though more in the passing game and he is definitely the top option when Hightower is resting.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

This team seems tailor made to take on the Eagles. A run heavy offense to go right at the Eagles weakpoint - the middle of the defense with a defense that will get pressure on Vick who still gets rattled when blitzed and makes mistakes. Orakpo and Kerrigan both have 70lbs on Vick, they can really do some damage.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Week!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
nuff said

Oh dayum .
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

thanks for one of the worst called games in the last 5 years kyle shanahan...and that includes zorns terribleness. and the 3rd and 21 blitz call wasnt much better.