Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Just got back from Gamestop. Always a different kind of crowd at midnight releases.
ummmm yeah. Same for me. lol. I did bump into an old friend, though. Got his gamer tag. I also saw about 10 kids I went to High School with, that I havent seen for years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any gow multiplayer impressions would be much appreciated although ill have it when i wake up :p
Old 09-20-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent tried online yet, but I've completed three chapters of Act I so far. It's fantastic, and the storytelling has def. been strengthened. It's cool playing as Cole and the others. Seeing their perspective.

I'm not a big fan of the Lambent exploding once you kill them, but whatever. The game is great so far. I'm tempted to play online, I usually wait until I'm done with the campaign, but I may jump into it tomorrow.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-20-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving it too. It's easily my favourite game franchise.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Japanese games are just way too obviously linear. heir focus is a lot different than American developers. Japanese developers tend to not do enough, but the games are usually complete and feel like they're well-polished. American developers usually try to do too much and the games often feel broken or there are just parts that don't make sense and there's often a lack of polish.

Valve, Blizzard, and Bioware seem like the only companies that seem capable of making well-polished, fun, and great games with good storylines. Square used to be infallable, but they haven't put out anything worth a crap in quite some time.
I'm a little late to this discussion but I wanted throw my opinion out here.

First off, I love Japanese developers. And as nepg said, their focus is different. Their style of games and story telling are obviously different and not always heavily targeted towards the West. There are also more Western developers. There are just as many, probably more, unpolished, etc, games that are released from the West. There are just fewer Japanese games in comparison and I think that really stands out.

My favorite games of this gen are from Japan. I'd take Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 over any other game this gen. My third is probably Metal Gear Solid 4. Japanese games are just different, which isn't bad.

A couple of things I wanted to address to MOTH. About whats her name from Resident Evil. That is nothing new to Japanese games, see Dead or Alive. The Japanese are pretty perverted. They have hentai video games (not sure the correct term).

Also, Ubisoft and Bethesda are notorious for releasing glitchy and unpolished games. And I wouldn't consider them superior to a handful of Japanese developers, not close.

As for Gears 3, can't wait. But unfortunately I will because if I get it before Thursday I won't be prepared for my calc iii test.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-20-2011 at 09:20 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waiting for Resident Evil 4 to finish downloading and for Gears to come in the mail. Excited.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got an XBox 360 a few months ago. Do regular XBox games work on the 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just got an XBox 360 a few months ago. Do regular XBox games work on the 360?
Some of them do. It's half assed backwards compatible. Some issues with that and newer TV's to keep an eye on as well.

Gears just arrived. I was playing and enjoying the crap out of RE4 HD, but it's kind of hard not to play a new game on the day of it's release haha. Installing it now. Probably will go through the campaign first.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-20-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just beat act II of Gears 3. Greatest Gears ever.

So much fun...I kind of wish I started playing on hardcore from the beginning, though. I'm not dying at all on normal difficulty. Just mowing bitches down.

I'm really temped to play online, but I havent yet. I dont know if I can wait until I beat the campaign. It's supposed to be pretty lengthy, in comparison to the first two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-20-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just put it down in the middle of the super market with Cole. Game is great so far.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm on the first part with Cole. I've played 5 hours of video games today already haha, need a break. But yeah, I'm loving how polished the whole thing feels. It's just really, really smooth compared to the others.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It didnt work the greatest, gameplay wise...but there is a moment with Cole in the stadium which is just pure gold. Cole is losing his damn mind.

It is sad, though...Cole keeps being reminded of his glory days. The whole world's gone to ****. :(

edit....getting further into the story...now I'm really sad. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got half way through Act III today. Holy **** this game is good.

After playing that piece of **** Dead Island...I feel like I earned this experience.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through ACT II and loving it. I'm trying to space it out a bit though!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's certainly the best Gears game in the series, imo. I just wish you guys were farther so we could discuss one huge event. Which was amazing by the way. I'm pretty deep into Act 4 right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im loving gow too, add me foo's tag:graydmo dominate some online
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Think I'm just about to finish the first act. I had an obligation to watch a certain baseball team that let me down tonight, so I really didn't get to play much. The Cole thing was kind of cool. Wish they had done it a bit better, but cool nonetheless. Just really loving how the game feels still. Everything is just so tight. The story is also TONS better compared to the others. So far anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually thought Gears was just alright, got to a really frustrating part in act 3 or 4 which pissed me off to no end. And bosses are pretty lame and just plain boring *wait until boss shows weakness, then shoot it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

who the **** plays gears for the campaign?... lol, multiplayer is what makes the game worth it
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I just haven't gotten a chance to, I like playing through campaign all games not named Cod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Well I just haven't gotten a chance to, I like playing through campaign all games not named Cod.
this wasnt targeted at you i just didnt realize how many ppl took the campaign seriously, for me its just a feeler for playing online one of my favorite multiplayer games ever probably just behind quake 1 team fortress
Old 09-21-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
who the **** plays gears for the campaign?... lol, multiplayer is what makes the game worth it
Meh. Shooters on consoles are ****** for multiplayer anyway. Sure there's some level of fun, but the campaign is where it's at for me. Amazingly good co-op game, which is the main reason I play Gears.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I play my shooters for the online component mostly. I just don't like playing PC online in any game other than an MMO and RTS.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

When it comes to Gears, both are good. I want to play through the story, before playing online for a long ass time, though. Plus, some dick is bound to spoil the campaign if you play online before you finish it.

Gears doesnt have a groundbreaking story, or anything, but I was def. interested to see how they wrap it up. They're one note characters, but I've grown fond of all of them. We're talking three games of Marcus, Dom, Baird, Cole, and a Carmine brother...I would hope the fans have taken a liking to them by now. When something bad happens to them, I actually do feel a little something, because the characters have become so familiar over the years. And they've actually done a fine job with the storytelling this time around. The game shows a lot of heart. And telling the story from different perspectives is also a great direction to take things.

There are a lot of people who dont even buy Gears for the online play. And damn near everyone on my friends list is going through the campaign before touching multiplayer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-21-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
When it comes to Gears, both are good. I want to play through the story, before playing online for a long ass time, though. Plus, some dick is bound to spoil the campaign if you play online before you finish it.

Gears doesnt have a groundbreaking story, or anything, but I was def. interested to see how they wrap it up. They're one note characters, but I've grown fond of all of them. We're talking three games of Marcus, Dom, Baird, Cole, and a Carmine brother...I would hope the fans have taken a liking to them by now. When something bad happens to them, I actually do feel a little something, because the characters have become so familiar over the years. And they've actually done a fine job with the storytelling this time around. The game shows a lot of heart. And telling the story from different perspectives is also a great direction to take things.

There are a lot of people who dont even buy Gears for the online play. And damn near everyone on my friends list is going through the campaign before touching multiplayer.
I really want to just keep playing through the campaign... It's so awesome. But my friend and I are going through it together. We've played quite a few co-ops, and this is definitely one of the best. Easily better than Halo: Reach for co-op campaign (and we had a ****-load of fun playing Reach). We're thinking we'll finish Thursday and start playing some multiplayer hardcore this weekend.