Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I actually thought Gears was just alright, got to a really frustrating part in act 3 or 4 which pissed me off to no end. And bosses are pretty lame and just plain boring *wait until boss shows weakness, then shoot it.
You need practice, son. lol JK.

Honestly, I've died three times through 4 acts. I'm in mid-season form, apparently. But I also played Gears 2 online just a few months ago with regularity, which not a lot of people were doing.

But yeah, I'm loving this game. I figure, I'll probably beat it tomorrow.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I really want to just keep playing through the campaign... It's so awesome. But my friend and I are going through it together. We've played quite a few co-ops, and this is definitely one of the best. Easily better than Halo: Reach for co-op campaign (and we had a ****-load of fun playing Reach). We're thinking we'll finish Thursday and start playing some multiplayer hardcore this weekend.
This goes for everyone....any idea what your online mode of choice is going to be?

Like I posted before, I was a huge Guardian fan in Gears 2. That's pretty much all I played. But since it has been replaced, I figure I'll probably migrate to team death match.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we get a group together I really don't care what we play.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend likes Beast, so that's probably what I'll end up playing.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TDM for me. I'm super pissed tho because I got the beta and unlocked Cole Train and a ton of other stuff, but got RROD and my new box doesn't have that stuff saved on it so I started with nothing

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You need practice, son. lol JK.

Honestly, I've died three times through 4 acts. I'm in mid-season form, apparently. But I also played Gears 2 online just a few months ago with regularity, which not a lot of people were doing.

But yeah, I'm loving this game. I figure, I'll probably beat it tomorrow.
Eh not really, they just did a terrible job of explaining a certain objective which, when not done properly led to immediate death. And whats up with the retro lancers ridiculous recoil, it makes the gun useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I have no problem with the retro lancer, but if I have a choice, I'd rather use something else. Been sticking with the normal lancer, gnasher shotgun, and torque bow most of the time. Feels like I'm online. haha. I had some fun with the hammer of dawn too, but I've only seen one of them so far.

I'm not a fan of the digger ; the incendiary grenades aren't bad.

And through three games, I still hate the hammerburst. I hate picking them up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-21-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
who the **** plays gears for the campaign?... lol, multiplayer is what makes the game worth it
I don't think I would have bought it without the single player. The 12 hour campaign set it over the top from a "wait for a bit" to a buy it as soon as I could kind of thing. I never really stick with multiplayer games for all that long. I play for a month or two and just end up getting sick of them, so some kind of story mode type thing really makes it worth it for me. Not just with Gears, but with a lot of shooters. The only games I've ever really stuck with for an extended period of time(3+ months) is Bad Company 2.

Speaking of shooters; the Battlefield 3 beta starts on the 29th. This next couple of months is absolutely ******* loaded with stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I played 12 rounds of TDM. Lots of fun, but I kept getting stuck on the worst teams. Seriously, my record is 1-11 online. People suck. lol. I'm only a 1.0 right now. Taking me a while to get used to a couple of the maps. I hate the thrashball stadium.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no problem with the retro lancer, but if I have a choice, I'd rather use something else. Been sticking with the normal lancer, gnasher shotgun, and torque bow most of the time. Feels like I'm online. haha. I had some fun with the hammer of dawn too, but I've only seen one of them so far.

I'm not a fan of the digger ; the incendiary grenades aren't bad.

And through three games, I still hate the hammerburst. I hate picking them up.
I like the Hammer Burst, and the one time I picked up a Digger, I had a ton of fun with it. The retro lancer is either the worst or second worst gun in the game, though. Still on the fence about the long shot.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still doing the campaign. Might be a while yet before I touch the multiplayer with all the releases I've got to keep up with(Still need to beat Resident Evil 4 and then I've got Shadow of the Colossus next week, followed by Dark Souls). This is far and away the best Gears campaign though, by far. Just hijacked the Locust air baloon thingy and beat the Corpser. Interesting fighting one of those things without a Hammer of Dawn haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-21-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just beat it....I really enjoyed it. Except for one part. :( Only died 5 times throughout the campaign, only 1 was really my fault. I didnt realize until later, that it was just pointless to help a downed comrade if they are really far away. They never really die.

So yeah, I'll be playing a lot of multiplayer here on out. Only reason I jumped into it a little early is because my buddy bought the game and it's pretty much all he does. So we partied up for some Team Death Match.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-21-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I need to take a break haha. The Beserker just killed me like 10 times in a row. I can get past him just fine, but my squadmates lag behind and the guys in front of him cut me down. I can probably do it if I was more patient, but I just lost it. Oh well. I suppose that's what I get for not playing Gears 2 in like a year and starting Gears 3 on hardcore. I'll probably finish up Act 2 and put a dent in Act 3 after I get finished watching today's edition of the Red Sox choke job.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just wonder what's going to happen when we all team up and play some death match or something. We're representing SWDC, we gotta beast. lol.

Private matches against eachother would be awesome as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else gonna buy x-men: destiny? pretty interesting with the emphasis on choice. joining magneto is something i always wanted to do

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to start getting onto the multiplayer today and over the weekend. Get my skills back up to scratch!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beast mode or whatever it's called is pretty fun. It's great being a Berserker and just wrecking anything and everything.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone want to try and get a group together later tonight?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Maybe. Just let me know when.

I hate this sawed-off shotgun. It's funny, because a lot of people disliked Gears 2 online because the shotty was too powerful. Well, they added a more powerful one this year.

I'm also sick of Gridlock, it's all anyone ever picks to play.

Other than that, I've been having fun online. A few of the maps feel too open for my liking, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I have some uni work to do so I was think around 11 or 12 EST tonight, but if we do it another night/the weekend it's not a problem. I need practice anyway!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'll try to be on later. Anyone else? Lets go boys. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't get on tonight guys, but I'll definitely be on for a while tomorrow night.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Also the dissing of the retro lancer needs to stop. From close range it is easily the best rifle.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I just beat it....I really enjoyed it. Except for one part. :( Only died 5 times throughout the campaign, only 1 was really my fault. I didnt realize until later, that it was just pointless to help a downed comrade if they are really far away. They never really die.

So yeah, I'll be playing a lot of multiplayer here on out. Only reason I jumped into it a little early is because my buddy bought the game and it's pretty much all he does. So we partied up for some Team Death Match.
They die if they're played by other people. My friend and I just beat it. Completely awesome.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not going to be able to get on tonight. Sorry Caddy, I just got home. Tomorrow I'll be free to play all day if you guys want to team up or whatever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS