Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Im going young

QB Carson Palmer
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
FB Terrelle Smith
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Larry Fitzgerald
TE Antonio Gates
LT Marcus McNeil
LG Shawn Andrews
C Nick Mangold
RG Deuce Lutui
RT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Haha...got enough Cardinals on there? Deuce Lutui!?!? WTF!?!?!

And the Browns cut Terrelle Smith, you really think he's the best fullback in the league?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT - Walter Jones (The best right now)
LG - Alan Faneca (Has eclipsed Hutch as the best IMO)
C - Nick Mangold (One of the top already after just his first season)
RG - Brian Waters (The best RG around)
RT - Marcus McNeil (Already a calibur LT, but has the build of a mauling RT)

QB - Carson Palmer (Young, but still improving)

RB1 - LaDainian Tomlinson (Needs no explaination)
RB2 - Maurice Jones-Drew (Can play some slot and 3rd-down back spelling Tomlinson, also can be the team's kick returner--- explosive and tough in a small package)
FB - Lorenzo Neal (The best in the buisness right now)

TE1 - Antonio Gates - (Needs little explaination)
TE2 - Ben Watson - (Another TE who can be a good red-zone threat but also block well)

WR1 - Chad Johnson (Great. The go-to guy for Carson)
WR2 - Reggie Wayne (Improving constantly. Fits best as a #2 in a top playmaking offense)
WR3 - Anquan Boldin (Already a great starter, but would be just as good here the tough slot receiver who goes over the middle for the team)
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
With that sort of explanation, never post here again...EVER!
First of all: I hope you weren't being serious.

In case you were, here's what you should do:

1. (in case of bad weather wherever you are) put on coat
2. walk/bike/drive/peddle to a store
3. buy sense of humor (if you're lucky, you'll get discount)
4. re-read post.

if that doesn't work, repeat this a few times. If that doesn't help... here's another suggestion:

1. put on coat
2. go outside
3. STAY THERE.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tom Brady - accurate, smart, clutch..good arm and makes great reads

Tomlinson - Does it all, a home run threat with very good power and great receiving abilities. Will not get brought down by 1 player

Mughelli - Seems to be next best FB, hes young and can receive

Steve Smith - Speed WR, stretch the field and create seperation. Big play threat

Anquan Boldin - compliments Smith with his power, good hands and hardest WR to bring down, a physical WR who will make the tough grabs

Gates - Great athlete with speed and hands

McNeil - im going with a young front line, a big strong blocker can handle the blindside

Hutchinson - pro bowl LG and under 30 till mid season

Koppen(Bentley but hes hurt) - underrated center, him and Brady work well and hes a smart and solid blocker. Bentley was the choice but hes still hurt :(

Andrews - the best young, upcoming guard in the league

J. Brown - moved to RT because McNeil, another young pro bowler to the OL

built for the long run with young, rising talent(besides some players ) but the OL is very young
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Michael Vick - As inconsistent as Michael is, when he's on his game, he's really on. If Michael is able to become consistent, and if he actually had a monster O-Line and recieving core like this, no question he's the man I pick. Michael is young, and still has a ton of room to improve, he has unquestionably one of if not the strongest arm in the league and can escape the pass rusher if he has too. Although not too accurate, Michael's huge problem right now has to do with his read on what to do with the ball. He has to be a better decision maker and not always decide to run as soon as a rusher is near.

RB - Steven Jackson - A healthy Jackson is one of the best RBs in the league as was evident last season. Clearly there are Backs better than Jackson, but the combination of his age and the fact that he still has room to go made him the choice here for me. Jackson has surprising speed for his size and runs tough at all times, not to mention he has great hands. Marshall Faulk taught him well.

FB - Justin Griffith - There is not many great young fullbacks in this league, so I decided to go ahead and choose Griffith. As a former Falcon, he lead the way for 4 straight 1000 yard seasons from the runners behind and 3 straight seasons with the #1 rushing attack. Griffith is also a great pass catcher and can run the ball effective when necessary.

WR1 - Andre Johnson - Andre has all the tools you look for in a #1 reciever. He is amazingly athletic and speedy for his size, has great hands, and can jump with the best of him. He was literally the only bright spot on a horrid Texans offense and found ways to make big plays even when Carr didn't have time to throw the ball.

WR2 - Steve Smith - A speedy reciever to add to the bunch, Smith has to potential to break a big play on every down. Most teams were forced to double-cover Smith at all times, leaving holes for the Panthers RBs to run through or Keyshawn Johnson open downfield.

WR3 - Larry Fitzgerald - Despite his lack of speed, Fitzgerald has phenominal hands and knows how to use his body to seperate himself from defenders. He is huge at 6'4' at can leap over all who cover him, if not for injuries, his numbers would be even larger.

TE1 - Kellen Winslow Jr. - When healthy, whether you like him or not, Winslow Jr. is a top TE in the game. He still has the speed despite the injuries he has suffered in the past, he has the blocking ability when he feels like it, and for sure he has the hands you look for in a TE.

LT - Jammal Brown - When forced to switch from RT to LT last year, Brown made a great transition and blocked for the best offense in the league. On a once poor offensive line, the Saints made 4 changes and Brown remained the only starter from the previous season. He man-handled defenders that tried to get to Brees and lead way for the Bush/McAllister tandem.

LG - Davin Joseph - The extremely athletic guard will have to make the transiton from Right to Left Guard for me. He has a ton of potential and has all the tools to dominate in the NFL. He is also young which is what I am looking for in my franchise.

C - Nick Mangold - Everybody knew Mangold was good coming out of Ohio State and into the NFL Season for the Jets, but most didn't expect Mangold to play that well. With the help of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Mangold made some really great changes to a once poor offensive line and they should be set for years to come.

RG - Shawn Andrews - Andrews is an absolute monster and really plays like his size. He pushes around defenders and lets nobody get near the middle. This mauler is really what I am looking for when I am trying to get a 3rd and short and a TD.

RT - Marcus McNeill - Coming into the season and the draft McNeill had so many injury concerns people really just forgot about him.. bad move. McNeill was one of the key reasons Tomlinson broke the single season TD record and will be a freak for years to come for the Chargers offensive line.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oops, forgot some of our members are a bit more sensitive and/or don't like discussion of anything.

"hey guys, it'd be like, really great and all if you could like, maybe include some reasoning if it's not too much trouble? i really want you to feel comfortable, so if you'd rather just list some guys, that's cool too and is really, really interesting. just like, either do it or not, it doesn't really matter."

boy yeah, you're way is MUCH better than being sarcastic (something one of those posters *gasp* actually caught on to).

unless, of course, you're just posting because you're now one of those people who's going to follow me around and call me a dick anytime i say something in a vaguely unconcilliatory tone. i know, i'm a big d-bag for not just admitting you were right elsewhere. it's something you'll have to learn to live with.
I tried my best just for you.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to run the 2 back system with power blocking scheme and in a WCO.

QB- Marc Bulger- a vet to control the offence.
RB1- Marion Barber- my power back.
RB2- DeAngelo Williams- my speed back.
FB- Greg Jones- young and a big threat in the running game.
WR1- Bryant Johnson- Perfect fit for the WCO.
WR2 - Andre Johnson- He a perfect pick for the WCO.
TE- Ben Troupe- There to spread the field.
LT- Matt Light- watches my qb behind side.
LG- Logan Mankins- youth for the future.
C- Jeff Saturday- I want a vet snaping the ball and in the middle.
RG- Davin Joseph- youth for the future.
RT- Marcus McNeil- youth for the future.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
you rocked it. although i don't know that i could possibly take vick over brady or manning right now.
For me it was just a matter of potential, he's only 26 and I think he still has a lot of room to grow. We all know what Manning and Brady are capable of now.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oops, forgot some of our members are a bit more sensitive and/or don't like discussion of anything.

"hey guys, it'd be like, really great and all if you could like, maybe include some reasoning if it's not too much trouble? i really want you to feel comfortable, so if you'd rather just list some guys, that's cool too and is really, really interesting. just like, either do it or not, it doesn't really matter."

boy yeah, you're way is MUCH better than being sarcastic (something one of those posters *gasp* actually caught on to).

unless, of course, you're just posting because you're now one of those people who's going to follow me around and call me a dick anytime i say something in a vaguely unconcilliatory tone. i know, i'm a big d-bag for not just admitting you were right elsewhere. it's something you'll have to learn to live with.
hahaha for some reason your posts almost always make me laugh. And I'm not even being sarcastic :)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I love you njx.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I COLNE CAVLIN JONHSON LIEK 11 TIEMS LOL!!!

hehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 04-02-2007 at 04:15 PM.
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But really,

QB-Cutler. Just because I love him. And yes, I realize he isn't as good as Manning or Brady, but he's already fine and his potential is basically unlimited.

RB-Tomlinson-Need I say more? He's only the best runningback in the NFL by a wide margin

TE-Kellen Winslow- Hopefully he heals from his injury well, because he might be the best TE in the NFL.

LT-Brick- Young, athletic, great potential.
LG-Mankins- Young stud
C-Mangold- see above
RG-Shawn Andrews- One of the better Gs in the league, still also young
RT-McNeil- I want both Brick and McNeil, and Brick might not have the bulk at the right side, so McNeil goes here.

WR-Chad Johnson- Playmaker, not too old
WR-Javon Walker- Underrated IMO, very good at getting deep, makes great catches(although a tad of a "just because i like him" pick)
WR-Ted Ginn(When he gets there, just as a slot receiver who can go deep, but if he's off limits than Devery Henderson.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 04-02-2007 at 04:22 PM.
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to lean towards the youth factor a bit more, but I'll still throw in some veterans.

Quarterback: Drew Brees - He's younger than both Peyton and Tom, plus I just love his ability and character. Really improved his deep ball this year, and along with Peyton and Carson, might be one of the best deep ball throwers. Doesn't make many mistakes and despite his less than stellar height, he has extreme pocket presence and might have the best mobility of the aforementioned QB's and Tom Brady, and will use it to extend a play.

Halfback: Frank Gore - Again, a young guy that plays with so much passion for the game of football. I love his running style, a mix of power and speed and is a running back that gets better as the game goes on. He tries very hard to work on all of his aspects of his game and has gotten really good at blocking and has begun to develop as a pass catcher.

Fullback: Mike Karney - Perhaps I like him because as a fullback he demolished the Cowboys, or maybe it's because I liked when he pancaked three Falcons defenders on a run play. No matter the reason, I think this year he might be one of the top full backs and has proven he can block and catch, not to mention punch it in for a TD every now and then.

Tight End: Jason Witten - The only thing I don't like about him is that he plays for the Cowboys, hah. Otherwise, he's a high character guy that you can line up all over the field as a Tight End and catches the ball extremely well. A very solid blocker too.

Wide Receiver: Marques Colston - Heh, not sure why so many New Orleans Saints are on my offense, perhaps because they're all really high character guys and young players. I love Marques, he really did well and the fact he didn't make the Pro Bowl was only due to the fact he missed two or three games due to an injury. Even then, as a seventh round pick, he had over 1,000 yards receiving. Going to be an amazing receiver during his career.

Wide Receiver: Chad Johnson - There's two reasons I like Chad, one because he's a superb player year after year. The second is because he does something that a lot of players have forgotten to do in the league, and that's have fun. That and although he does pull a lot of jokes and trash talks a bit, at the end of the day he's a team player that doesn't take the game too seriously.

Left Tackle: Marcus McNeil - Seems like a popular pick here. An extremely good player who is smart and is so talented in a posistion that generally does not do well as a rookie. Will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

Left Guard: Steve Hutchinson - He's only been in the league about six years I believe. He's got a lot more time in the league than Alan Faneca does and really made that left side of the offensive line for the Vikings this year a beast. Must be nice to be a right handed quarterback in Minnesota..

Center: Nick Mangold - The Man of Gold did a superb job for the Jets. As a rookie he did very well and even managed to pick up and make all the line calls as a rookie. Impressive.

Right Guard: Chris Snee - Perhaps I make this selection with bias, but he's young and also a very good guard in both the pass and running game. Not only that, but he's probably one of the best pulling guards, reminds me of Larry Allen..sort of.

Right Tackle: Willie Anderson - Not percisely young, but I still like the guy and does one hell of a job for the Bengals. Very good character guy. Is really a great work ethic guy and I just like his style of play.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Marques Colston doesn't possess enough top-end athletic ability for me to consider him at the very top of the young players in the league. Especially when most defenses are keyed on stopping Bush and McAllister.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The True Greatest Show On Turf:

QB - Michael Vick - If put in the right system and if he plays up to his potential he's capable of incredible things
HB - Reggie Bush - Safety valve for Vick and another big play threat. Bush + Vick on the football field at the same time = headaches for DCs
HB - Michael Turner - Top notch backup and thunder to Bush' lightning
WR - Randy Moss - Gives Vick the deep target he wants and with a QB who can get him the ball deep he would likely be motivated
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Top notch possesion receiver who can adjust to poorly thrown balls and catches everything thrown his way
TE - Vernon Davis - Another guy who can create mismatches with deadly speed
TE - Alge Crumpler - A safety valve type player and a great blocker
LT - Orlando Pace - Elite LT to protect Vick and also a great athlete who can get outside and set blocks.
LG - Eric Steinbach - Great young guard who can do it all
C - Kevin Mawae - Vet who might be declining a little bit but is great at pulling and such in an offense that that is sure to use a lot of misdirection and outside runs
RG - Chris Snee - Another great young OG who does it all
RT - Jordan Gross - Very solid player who is good in protection

Man I wanna play some madden with this offense
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BUTerriers
Rookie

BUTerriers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB - Drew Brees - He's a very underrated player, the Saints success last year was mostly due to his play. He's great at all kind of throws, whether it's short drop offs or long bombs, and he's right in the prime of his career.

RB - Stephen Jackson - LT may be the best in the league, but Jackson is younger and just has amazing potential. I want him mainly for his skills in the passing game.

FB - Ovie Mughelli - Great blocking fullback, and can help a little in the passing game as well.

WR - Anquan Boldin - Incredibly physical WR with great hands who has dominated despite being on a crappy team and having to deal with some crappy QBs as well (hopefully Leinart can change that).

WR - Lee Evans - Great young receiver with blinding speed. Brees makes Henderson look good, imagine that stats Evans could put up in this system.

TE - Todd Heap - I see him as the best combination of blocking and receiving, even though there are other TEs that are superior to him at both. Great red zone threat as well.

LT - D'Brickshaw Ferguson - He struggled at times last year, but I believe that he'll be a truly dominant player in this league. His technique is excellent, which sets him apart from busts like Gallery.

LG - Steve Hutchinson - The best guard in league right now, and definitely one of the greatest of all time as well. He's changed how teams look at the position.

C - Nick Mangold - Looked better than Ferguson last year, and is definitely the best young center in the league. He'll be a rock in the middle for quite some time, I think.

RG - Chris Snee - I believe that he's by far the best RG in the league, at least in terms of guys who played that position most last year.

RT - Alex Barron - Another young player that has shown some potential, not a superstar but there's a lack of a top player at the position.

Credit goes to Guesswhosback
BUTerriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Marques Colston doesn't possess enough top-end athletic ability for me to consider him at the very top of the young players in the league. Especially when most defenses are keyed on stopping Bush and McAllister.
You may be right about that. However, I think he's a good player and will continue to be a good player no matter who's in the backfield.

Just my opinion though..
Old 04-02-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

It aint about me or anyone else being sensitive. And it aint about me "following you around". Believe me, I dont care that much about you. I was looking through the thread and saw ur post and responded. All it is about is you being an asshole for no reason. There aint no need for you to be sarcastic or insulting or any of that. Honestly, who do you think you are? Aint no one here who gives a F--- about you and aint no one here who even respects you. You aint nothin but a pain in the ass and a jerk who we all wish would just shut the f--- up and go away.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BUTerriers
Rookie

BUTerriers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colston isn't an elite athlete, but he has an amazing combination of size and speed, he's really what Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett should be in this league. There are few WRs who are better red zone threats, and he's excellent in the vertical passing game as well. There wasn't a better rookie receiver last year, that's for sure.

Credit goes to Guesswhosback
BUTerriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Peyton Manning - Amazingly smart and accurate. One of the smartest players ever and now a winner.
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - One of the best players ever. ever.
FB - Lorenzo Neal - knows whats up with LT. Great blocker, outstanding on the Bumarooski.
WR - Anquan Boldin - Blocking, catching, one of the best after the catch. Love how he makes his play for the ball and how he handles the field afterwards.
WR - Steve Smith - good compliment to Boldin. Fast, agile, elusive, great hands.
WR - Andre Johnson - A 3rd amazing WR. One of the best in the game, and Peyton at the helms allows him to finally shine.
LT - Orlando Pace - has been one of the best offensive linemen for the past ten years. Perfect to give Peyton the time he needs on the blindside.
LG - Eric Steinbach - Versatile, great footwork, excellent for run and pass. I'm a huge fan of his.
C - edit- Kreutz. How could I forget Kreutz?
RG - Shawn Andrews - one of the consensus best guards in the league in recent times. Deservedly, at that. He'll make the game even easier for LT.
RT - Jason Peters - This guy is amazing. I just had to.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 04-02-2007 at 07:34 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If i'm building a franchise, not just a one year team, it would look like this.

QB - Eli Manning - How could I not?
RB - Steven Jackson - Young, tough runner
RB/FB - Brandon Jacobs - He's an absolute truck
TE - Jeremy Shockey - Still young, great energy.
WR - Calvin Johnson - Will dominate the middle
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - great compliment to Johnson
LT - D-Brick - Quick, agile, good against speed rushers
LG - Chris Snee - Tough guy who can also pull
C - Ryan Kalil - He'll be a stud
RG - Shaun Andrews - Mauler, good at passblocking also
RT - Marcus McNeil - Has size to be a mauler.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
briz5x

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Calvin Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
OT - Walter Jones
OG - LOGAN MANKINS
C - Olin Kreutz
OG - Steve Hutchinson
OT - Orlando Pace

bizownage!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
If i'm building a franchise, not just a one year team, it would look like this.

QB - Eli Manning - How could I not?
RB - Steven Jackson - Young, tough runner
RB/FB - Brandon Jacobs - He's an absolute truck
TE - Jeremy Shockey - Still young, great energy.
WR - Calvin Johnson - Will dominate the middle
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - great compliment to Johnson
LT - D-Brick - Quick, agile, good against speed rushers
LG - Chris Snee - Tough guy who can also pull
C - Ryan Kalil - He'll be a stud
RG - Shaun Andrews - Mauler, good at passblocking also
RT - Marcus McNeil - Has size to be a mauler.
I too would've taken Eli Manning if I could just find my courage from that blasted Wizard of Oz.

Nice offense though.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Bulger, Cutler backing up
RB- Steven Jackson
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Tory Holt
WR- Chad Johnson
TE- Tony G/Gates
C- Nick Mangold
G-Brian Waters/Hutchinson
T-Jammal Brown/Marcus Mcneil

Defense
DE- Seymour/Peppers
NT- Wilfork
OLBs-Adalius Thomas, Shawn Merrimam, Derrick Johnson
ILBs- Lofa Tatupu, Mike Vrable, Urlacher
CBs- Champ Bailey, Mathis, McAlister
S- Sean Jones, Ed Reed, Adriam Wilson

not really thinking right now i know i left some out
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
First of all: I hope you weren't being serious.

In case you were, here's what you should do:

1. (in case of bad weather wherever you are) put on coat
2. walk/bike/drive/peddle to a store
3. buy sense of humor (if you're lucky, you'll get discount)
4. re-read post.

if that doesn't work, repeat this a few times. If that doesn't help... here's another suggestion:

1. put on coat
2. go outside
3. STAY THERE.
Well I'm glad that sarcasm isn't waisted on you sir! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote