Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3 - Lions (-3) at Vikings

Even though the Vikings are 0-2 I don't think this is going to be a blow out. This is the same situation that MSU ran into. An 0-2 team at home desperate for a win.

Post a prediction and discuss the game.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I haven't really watched the Vikings this year, I believe it will be a tough battle as stated above. I still remain unsure of our run defense as we force guys to the perimeter but AP will run to the edges and up the middle. I still think the Lions win 24-14.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense is more talented, even with Williams returning. We shouldn't have a problem scoring. Their defense has some holes and we should be able to spread them out and dink and dunk them to death until we can get Calvin close to the endzone.

We can't really stop Peterson, but he stops himself enough to not be consistent enough to keep up with our offense. Just play our game and we should win by a couple touchdowns.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

In the past Peterson has been incapable of not fumbling against the Lions
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus if we keep it close heading into the 4th quarter, then McNabb will throw up and choke. I used to like McNabb, but its true.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitsports View Post
In the past Peterson has been incapable of not fumbling against the Lions

He fumbled once last year. He's done with that.

It will be a close-ish game but our secondary has absolutely no chance of stopping Stafford and CJ. Our d-backs have the worst ball skills in the league, you can just throw jump balls all game long if you want. I'll say Detroit 27 Minnesota 21.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-21-2011 at 03:22 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions 30
Vikings 17
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be careful.

Even with elite teams - this is the type of game they lose - angry division rival on the road getting back one of their best players.

I'd be very impressed with a Lions win here. I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if they won by more than a TD.

Sadly, I kinda like Minny in this spot.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TRAP GAME right here.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions 30
Vikings 16
Old 09-25-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't a trap game. The Lions have something to prove here and get another monkey off their back. Easy win.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got Stafford for 3 passing TDs again, one of them to Titus.

Lions win, 30-16.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been saying this **** was a Trap. Our OT's suck.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Alright, well I was clearly wrong.

Same old Lions.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

We can still win, but goddamn trap game if I've ever see one. Got our offensive tackles falling down before they even get touched by a defensive lineman. It's pathetic.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I would not be opposed to letting Shaun Hill play QB in the 2nd half.

Stafford will be broken in two.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Umm ... holy ****.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

So...Um...Yeah....Lions Win. And haters gonna hate. That OT catch by CJ was maybe one of the best catches I've seen live. And Chris Carters a hater, I hope teams cover CJ one on one all season long.

"We got our Schwartz tangled"
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Things we learned today:

1) Titus Young has excellent ability to make difficult catches. The one he had late in the 4th quarter is the best example. He's made several with only his hands when he had to extend both his arms to reach it.

2) The Lions absolutely need to use a high draft pick on an offensive tackle. I really want to see what Jason Fox can do, but regardless, Backus can't be our starter much longer. Hilliard is better than Gosder.

3) Jason Hanson is a machine. Nothing more can be said.

4) The trend of allowing one long kickoff return per game is alarming. Fix it.

5) Jahvid Best needs to be told to run north and south. Granted, he shouldn't be receiving nearly this many carries on draw plays with no lead blocker, but still. Going backwards and laterally isn't helping.

6) The offense needs more screen plays, both to Best and our running backs, and on these little tight end screens they've been running (today to Pettigrew mostly). They are a relatively high percentage play we need to employ more.

7) More safety blitzes. The one my Delmas worked to perfection and forced McNabb to unload it way early. Our corners can cover pretty well and just drop a linebacker in coverage to account for the safety blitz.

8) Let Logan return every kickoff that's not 7+ yards deep in the end zone. The potential reward of him breaking one (he will eventually) outweighs the risk that the drive begins on the 18.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

This game just erased all my bad memories of the bears game from last year. That was a lot of heart and grit. I think they definitely have what it takes for the playoffs this year.

Backus almost lost us the game and we desperately needed Leshoure in there.

We should stop handing it off the Best and just use him like Reggie Bush/Sproles with dump offs, screens, and wheel routes.

Please fix the special teams coverage. Our guys are lunging at legs instead of wrapping up and aren't disciplined enough.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

It's weird that the special teams has taken a hit in the return game.

That seemed like a legitimate strength last year, and a good coverage team is usually a team that has good depth, and the Lions improved this year in that regard.

Maybe it's an aberration.