Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. As for myself, the excitement is still there and I am just letting the feeling sink in that the Saints, the New Orleans Saints, just won the Super Bowl. I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. Over 20+ years of being a fan and the one team I pull for most out of any sport just reached the pinnacle. Wow. Just..... wow.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said before, I'm real glad for the Saints. but... Enjoy it while you got it, because the Lombardi trophy is coming home next season. :D

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Three: Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Been away for awhile, peeps. Life has been, well, life.

Anyhow, we're 2-0 yet still haven't really hit on all cylinders yet. Tons of people are picking Atlanta to win the NFC South and dethrone us. First test is in the Dome... here's hoping we take it to 'em.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we can awaken our sleeping giant i don't see us pulling this one off,
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Unless we can awaken our sleeping giant i don't see us pulling this one off,
Brees had a QB rating of over 100 and we all feel he was somehow off. I get what you are saying though, and I think despite not having Reggie in the backfield, we get it together this week and drop a 40 burger on the Falcons this week.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Brees had a QB rating of over 100 and we all feel he was somehow off. I get what you are saying though, and I think despite not having Reggie in the backfield, we get it together this week and drop a 40 burger on the Falcons this week.
I think we've been spoiled by our offense and expect 40 points and 500 yards of offense every week but i hope you are right and we can finally start firing on all cylinders.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

falcons are gonna stomp on the saints. who is up for a sig bet?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
falcons are gonna stomp on the saints. who is up for a sig bet?
**** it I'll sig bet you.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointing loss, I still don't know why Payton at least didn't try to go for the TD down that far in their territory, we had first down.. and I still don't have as much faith in Hartley in game winning situations.

Henderson and Meachem have been no shows this season thus far... dropped passes, not noticing them much at all on the field. O-line had a fairly disappointing day.. although they improved 4th quarter, and in Overtime. It was only a matter of time we dropped one after a SB win... just can't let this linger... move on to the next week. We'll see these guys later in the season although it will be a lot tougher in their House.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

Opening night against the champs is coming up in two days... I'm pumped. Will hope to put some thoughts about the game before game day.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-06-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes it's about time this off-season seemed longer than usual even.

Really rough draw that we got what is in my mind our toughest game on the Schedule to start the season. We know that the Home team comes out pumped in these opening games, and it's going to be tough to get to Rodgers without our best Defensive Linemen, Will Smith. I think our DBs really need to be on their game because I foresee Greg Williams dialing up a bunch of pressures through out the game.

One match up that I think concerns me is Jermichael Finley against our Linebackers in Pass Coverage, I have a feeling Rodgers will be looking for him often. If we do win this game I think it will because we Ran the ball great, and Ingram had a coming out party. We have experience playing in these games. (once on the road at Indy, and last year as Defending champs) So maybe that will help us cope with the opening emotions some.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Moore has been ruled for tomorrow's game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Lance Moore has been ruled for tomorrow's game.
I don't like this one bit, that's Brees security blanket.. and probably between him and Colston the receiver he trusts the most. He had a huge play in GB in '08 where he burned them on a Corner blitz for a TD.

Oh well we'll need other guys to step up but I still don't like this.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well I finally got the stomach to finally sign back onto a Football board again. I know it's only 1 game and I was expecting a loss but that game made me sick to my stomach after. It really stings, and leaves a bad taste in the mouth especially after the way last season ended.

I try to stay away from basing thoughts too heavily on One game, but I already don't like how this season has started. The Defensive Line doesn't look any better at all, even with adding Rogers, Franklin you would think we would be able to keep our Linebackers clean at the 2nd level of Run Defense and that wasn't the case and they weren't even close to getting pressure on Rodgers when we did not blitz.

The Defense as a whole looked.. well bad. There's no way to sugar coat it. I know we won't be playing Rodgers, and this Receiving corps. every week but if we don't improve in our coverage schemes. It's going to be a long season.

Where else? Colston is already hurt... Meachem was hot & cold. Made some great plays, but also seemed to slip a lot randomly. Hopefully Lance can come back quickly. Sproles was a major bright spot, Impressed with how much of an impact he has made already in his first game coming off a shortened offseason.

Really this season can go 2 ways IMO.. we go through some rocky adjustments early on.. but catch a hot streak later on as the new additions on the D-line gel together; and the Secondary adjusts and gets back into the groove and timing of Greg Williams' scheme.

Or we go through a repeat of '08 where we sea saw back and forth relying entirely too much on Brees to carry us.. as we hope to outscore everyone in firefights.

I hope it will not be the latter, maybe I'm overreacting but right now I'm definitely down.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Two: Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints

Sorry for the lateness - we really need this one!

Porter is out - Moore is in.

Roy Williams, Barber & Harris is out for the Bears...

Hopefully we can stop our skid to Chicago.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game with a great outcome. Even if the Sproles TD were to be called back, it would still be a W. Brees is off to a great start.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Thank goodness we finally beat the Bears, I'm sure that's a monkey that both Payton and Brees wanted to get off their backs as well.

Defense played much better, and it's definitely an improvement when Casillas is out there. However I don't know if we really know how good or bad this Defense is... I think yesterday's outcome was more of a result of how poor Chicago is Offensively right now. Their top 2 receiving targets were out for most of the game, and that Offensive line is just terrible. Houston will be the real test for our Defense.

Last edited by Auron : 09-19-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just looked at your schedule. 3 first games are EASILY the toughest games on the slate. Wow.

Weeks 4-9 should be 5-1 at WORST.

@ ATL is tough but not impossible at all.

Then Giants and Lions at home, a couple of cupcakes on the road, and Atlanta and Carolina at home.

12-4 is a conservative estimate. I know you'll lay a couple of eggs but I wanted to look at the sked because playing GB and CHI to start seemed particularly tough.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I just looked at your schedule. 3 first games are EASILY the toughest games on the slate. Wow.

Weeks 4-9 should be 5-1 at WORST.

@ ATL is tough but not impossible at all.

Then Giants and Lions at home, a couple of cupcakes on the road, and Atlanta and Carolina at home.

12-4 is a conservative estimate. I know you'll lay a couple of eggs but I wanted to look at the sked because playing GB and CHI to start seemed particularly tough.
Eh I don't want to get too ahead of ourselves just yet. I thought last year we had a really easy schedule, but then we came out and laid eggs against Cleveland at Home, and an Arizona team that started Max Hall at QB...

I'll wait and see what this Defense is really all about before projecting anything further, they got torched early Opening Night, but bounced back in a way yesterday. I want to see if we can consistently get pressure on QBs, and if we'll be able to stop good running teams. Chicago really never tried to establish much of a run game.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Three: Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints

Big game... a potent offense will test our defense.. and let's see if our offense can continue to perform well. It's not a division / conference game, but it'll be nice to go 2-1.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

2 Picks by Brees thus far have not been helpful.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

2-1, feels good.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

What a roller coaster of a game, 5 lead changes. Defensively we gave up huge chunks of yards for most of the game, which concerns me. Thankfully we were able to hold Houston to 4 Field Goals when they got inside our 20 yard line, which was the difference in this game.Definitely missed Porter, and Vilma more than I thought we would. Although overall Dunbar did a very solid job of filling in.

Brees continues to come up big, when the game is on the line. He looked unstoppable in the 4th quarter and continued to show outstanding leadership by continuing to go to Jimmy Graham even after he had a miscue on a wrong route that resulted in an Interception earlier. Lance Moore also came alive in that 4th quarter.

These first three games to start the season have been brutal even though two of them were at Home. I think we came out ok. Now I just wonder what the extent of the Zach Strief injury is.. the Injury looked pretty bad but hopefully it just looked worse than what it is.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way.
Good luck to the Texans as well. You have a good team, I'm expecting them to be in the Playoffs for the first time in their history this season.