Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 09-12-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 2:
*Melvin Ingram SR DE South Carolina: Has always been around the SC program, but has really broken out this year. Shows great athletic ability for a big man, he is thick, strong at the point of attack and is in very good shape and rarely gets tired on the field. If he keeps up this elite play that has come out of no where, he could easily be a 2nd or 3rd round pick I think.

*Isaiah Crowell FR RB Georgia: Huge game for him and played much better than week 1. Quick back, runs hard, makes quick cuts and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Georgia has found themselves a running back that is for sure.

*Jarvis Jones SOPH OLB Georgia: Playing great football for Georgia, former USC recruit is an elite linebacker prospect. Can get after the passer on a blitz, runs well, plays hard and has no issue tackling, he could be an absolutely elite player in one or two years.

*Eric Page JR WR Toledo: Love his feet, great route running ability, solid hands and has open field speed. He could be a star in the NFL and doubt anyone will sleep on him. Perfect slot receiver and could be a very high pick whenever he comes out.

*Emory Blake JR WR Auburn: Solid receiver for them, makes big plays consistently, can get away from coverage and has simple big play ability in the open field.

*Tyler Eifert JR TE Notre Dame: Might need to see him a little more but so far he seems like an really elite player and could be near the same level of talent Kyle Rudolph had a year ago. Big kid, runs well and has very soft hands.

*Bacarri Rambo JR SS Georgia: Shows how much that defense missed him, very good looking safety, hits like a ton of bricks, is active and fast in coverage and can tackle in space, improving prospect game after game.

*Jadeveon Clowney FR DE South Carolina: Not over hyped, bit time speed pass rusher, has great size and great quickness. Can get off the ball fast and has good pass rush moves already as a young player.

*Alshon Jeffery JR WR South Carolina: The kid is not out of shape, makes football seem so easy. So big and physical, is slightly faster and potentially better version of Plaxico Burress who could be better in jump ball situations.

Disappointed
Branden Smith JR CB Georgia: Not a bad player but I expected more out of him than this. Boykin is a better corner for them right now, Smith still has time to improve but has not lived up to the hype when he came into college.

Cornelius Washington JR OLB Georgia: A lot of hype with him, but did not play that hard in the game. Is an ok prospect and one to keep and eye on but go really out played by his teammate Jarvis Jones all game. Big kid, but has a lot to improve on.

Cordy Glenn SR OG Georgia: Hyped up on this site, since he is on the logo and everything now. But he is still a good prospect, but clearly is being played out of position at tackle and gets beat from time to time by speed guys with good pass rush moves. Still could be a beast at guard, just like Mike Pouncey last year and the bad snaps. Glenn is not as good as Pouncey but will over come this bad start I feel. Still has to play better though.

Gary Gray SR CB Notre Dame: Got beat a lot, made very few plays on the ball, awful game for him and shows that his last year at Notre Dame to improve, still is the same player he always was.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ingram was a beast last year, too. Seeing him make plays is nothing new. The guy had 9 sacks last season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like you watched the same games I did. I was really impressed with Rambo. He might be a guy that can leave early this year. He has the size, speed, hitting ability and ball skills to have an Earl Thomas like rise up the boards. Not saying he's a top 10 pick like Thomas, but he's a guy that I can see being the 1st safety off the board in the late 1st if he blows up at the combine. Can play both FS and SS at the next level, IMO.

I like Ingram a lot too. He's kinda similar to Charles Johnson in Carolina, but I think he's more naturally talented. Not as tall as you would like out of a 4-3 DE, but he has a very good first step and an array of pass rush moves. I wouldn't be surprised to see if he does follow Johnson's path and gets slept on some in the draft, but he's going to be a good player for someone.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely agree with your view of Ingram, rawdawg.

He's just 6'2, and he'll drop down some boards IMO, but he's a playmaker on defense. His latest game against Georgia may have been an eye opener to many fans, but he finished third in the SEC last season with 9 sacks, despite just one start (vs. Southern Miss at that). South Carolina's defensive line with him, Clowney, and Devin Taylor may be among the best in the country.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some guys who stood out to me. I paid most of my attention to offense this week.

QB Brock Osweiler (Arizona State)
He puts a lot of zip on his passes, a nice quick delivery, and he is mobile enough to get away from the pass rush. Still very raw though.

RB Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina)
Beast. Thats all that needs to be said. The only concern I would have drafting him is the amount of carries this kid has gotten at SCAR.

WR Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers)
Sanu is a potential first round pick. Hes 62, has good hands (check out that 1 handed TD against UNC), good speed for a guy his size and hes willing to go over the middle of the field. He had 13 receptions against UNC.

WR Dwight Jones (North Carolina)
Hes 64 with pretty good speed. Hes able to create separation. He had 135 yards against Rutgers. He is somebody I definitely want to see more of.

WR T.Y Hilton (Florida International)
Hes a speedy playmaker. Hilton can score anytime he gets his hands on the ball. He has had a very nice start to the season with 2 very good games.

WR B.J Cunningham (Michigan State)
He has good size. He is not the fastest guy in the world and he has a little trouble getting separation. However, Cunningham is physical and has good hands.

DE Quinton Coples (North Carolina)
He is very good against the run. I think he projects to LE in the 43 defense in the NFL.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurricanes25 Here are some guys who stood out to me. I paid most of my attention to offense this week.

QB Brock Osweiler (Arizona State)
He puts a lot of zip on his passes, a nice quick delivery, and he is mobile enough to get away from the pass rush. Still very raw though. I agree, he it very raw, has a big arm and can throw it deep, but needs to work a lot on his touch. Still impressive physical prospect, huge kid, and a surprisingly good athlete. Athletically in terms of just measurables he is very high up there if just basing things off potential.

RB Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina)
Beast. That’s all that needs to be said. The only concern I would have drafting him is the amount of carries this kid has gotten at SCAR. Everyone knows about him, clearly stud back. Injury issues would be a concern yes, but Adrian Peterson had worse injury and over use issues at Oklahoma and he turned out just fine in the NFL. Lattimore is clearly not as fast but has similar power and leg strength.

WR Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers)
Sanu is a potential first round pick. He’s 6’2, has good hands (check out that 1 handed TD against UNC), good speed for a guy his size and he’s willing to go over the middle of the field. He had 13 receptions against UNC. I agree, he is a very good player

WR Dwight Jones (North Carolina)
He’s 6’4 with pretty good speed. He’s able to create separation. He had 135 yards against Rutgers. He is somebody I definitely want to see more of.

WR T.Y Hilton (Florida International)
He’s a speedy playmaker. Hilton can score anytime he gets his hands on the ball. He has had a very nice start to the season with 2 very good games.

WR B.J Cunningham (Michigan State)
He has good size. He is not the fastest guy in the world and he has a little trouble getting separation. However, Cunningham is physical and has good hands. I like him too, good strength for a receiver and can take a hit, and has been consistently solid on that team for awhile.

DE Quinton Coples (North Carolina)
He is very good against the run. I think he projects to LE in the 43 defense in the NFL.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 2:
*Cierre Wood JR RB Notre Dame: Right now he is the most improved player I have seen compared to last year. Much bigger prospect, a lot thicker and still has his quickness he always had. Much improved player and very impressive, solid prospect at this point.

*AJ Cann RS FR OG South Carolina: Stud guard, he should be a star. Very athletic, pulls very well, good athlete, locks onto a defender and does not let him beat the block. Fine prospect and could be a very elite player in a few years.

*Jordan Kovacs JR SS Michigan: Last year he was just a good scrappy player on a awful defense, now he is a star player on a solid defense. Very impressive on the football field, always around the football and has a feel for making big plays, solid safety prospect that is steadily improving.

*Malik Jackson SR DE Tennessee: I love the push he gets in the pocket, gives maximum effort at all times, big kid can play defensive end or defensive tackle. Quick off the ball, he could really rise up the boards come draft day, especially if he shows potential as a 3/4 DE.

*Junior Hemingway SR WR Michigan: What a game he had, running down field all the time making big plays for them. Thick kid, hard to bring down and I like his effort on the field. If he keeps this up he could be a solid NFL prospect.

*Louis Nix III SOPH NT Notre Dame: Possible stud NT, thick as can be, strong, holds his point of attack well. Could be a star player in a few years and is poised to have a breakout season for Notre Dame.

*Brandon Boykin SR CB Georgia: Is out playing his more hyped teammate in Smith. Boykin has always been a star return man, is great at kick returns and now is showing more ability at corner, tackling well and making good aggressive plays on the ball. With his versatility he could be a late round pick.

*Kapron Lewis-Moore SR DE Notre Dame: I love his 3/4 DE potential, good athlete, ideal size for the position and should get a strong look for any team in need of a 3/4 DE.

*Da'Rick Rogers SOPH WR Tennessee: The Vols have two stud receivers, Rogers is very thick and very fast. Like his big size and thick frame, catches the ball effortlessly and will tear up the SEC along with his teammate Justin Hunter. Very good looking young receiver tandem.

*Bruce Figgins SR FB/TE Georgia: Like the potential he is showing at full back, good blocker, very good athlete, makes plays catching the football out of the backfield. Makes his stock a lot higher because he could easily play both positions in the NFL potentially.

*Tyler Bray SOPH QB Tennessee: Was brought up last year, continues to improve and supposedly has improved his on the field leadership vocally as well. Really has a gifted arm and there is nothing to not like about a tall kid that can throw the ball like he can.

*Theo Riddick JR WR Notre Dame: Very solid slot receiver prospect, has big time speed and can easily get seperation from defensive backs. Good quickness, solid hands and is a very interesting prospect that is getting better and better.

*Taylor Lewan SOPH OT Michigan: Developmental prospect, but so far so good for this giant offensive tackle. Absolutely stoned a very good defensive end on Notre Dame. Did not have a perfect game but showed a lot of potential.

*Tauren Poole SR RB Tennessee: Should be a very solid draft pick in the later rounds for an NFL team. Tough kid, runs hard, is tough to bring down and has decent quickness as well. Should be a lock to be drafted come April.

*Isaiah Pead SR RB Cincinnati: Not an elite player, but has very good open field speed and could be a nice third down back potentially. Really fast when he gets in the open field, consistently puts up numbers on Cincinnati and is a decent prospect at this point.

*Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina: I know I already brought him up, but seriously, the kid might easily be the best speed pass rusher in the nation right now. Just shoots off the ball and gets right in the backfield like no other at this point, amazing looking prospect.

Disappointed
Stephon Gilmore JR CB South Carolina: Missed some tackles, did not make many big plays, looks almost stiff out there. Really disappointing, as a freshman he played much better football but now with the expectations he is falling flat, hope he turns it around.

Walter Stewart RS JR OLB/DE Cincinnati: Really disappointed in his development, might be playing out of position however. He cannot get off blocks as a down DE, he gets pushed around too easy and cannot make the corner at all as a speed rusher. Should be put back as a OLB off the line of scrimmage, because he is getting crushed at the line, hope he improves his play, tall fine athlete but just needs to get stronger.

Kwame Geathers SOPH DT Georgia: About as over hyped 6-6 350 NT as you can find, does not make many plays at all, does not hold his position well and really has very skinny legs for someone that big. Only a sophomore but so far not impressed with him, considering his size.

DeVonte Holloman JR SS/OLB South Carolina: Wish he was more productive but is not, is playing a spur position for them and rotating with Allen. Makes some plays but not as productive as he should be considering his talent.

Mike Martin Michigan SR DT Michigan: Still a solid prospect but really looks small out there. Gives good effort, but might not be physically strong and thick enough to get through solid offensive lines. Will see what happens, but is looking less impressive than he did two years ago.

Quote:
Duffman Nick Perry was the absolute definition of DOMINANCE. He just made plays in a bazillion different ways. He had 2 pass deflections i think (maybe only 1), he had a sack or two, but he had to have had at least 3-5 pressures, and probably had 2-3 TFLs. He showed close to elite/elite burst off the ball, he showed a variety of moves, could speed rush, bull rush, and had the natural instincts to counter or bend when rushing, and like the first part showed, he had the natural instinct to get his hands up in the passing lane when he didn't get there. He's a monster of a pass rusher, in the mold of Shawne Merriman, pre injury.
Really, he did not really show up much against Minnesota the week before? Who was he going against on Utah? Did he go against Cullen? Anyway, good to see he played well, he is an elite talent, just does not always show up game in and game out.

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-14-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaches said Gilmore played his worst game as a Gamecock Week 1. Well, they probably aren't happy with Week 2 either. I missed the Week 1 game, but he was a non-factor vs. Georgia. Still really like him as a Cover 2 CB prospect.

Say that Boykin "might be a late round pick"? I have him as a 3rd rounder right now. This site has him as the 4th best senior CB. You can maybe put 5 juniors ahead of him also (Kirkpatrick, Claiborne, Gilmore, Harris, Hosley), but that's it. Throw in that he may out run all of them at the combine, I think he could go as high as late 2nd.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
rawdawg Coaches said Gilmore played his worst game as a Gamecock Week 1. Well, they probably aren't happy with Week 2 either. I missed the Week 1 game, but he was a non-factor vs. Georgia. Still really like him as a Cover 2 CB prospect.

Say that Boykin "might be a late round pick"? I have him as a 3rd rounder right now. This site has him as the 4th best senior CB. You can maybe put 5 juniors ahead of him also (Kirkpatrick, Claiborne, Gilmore, Harris, Hosley), but that's it. Throw in that he may out run all of them at the combine, I think he could go as high as late 2nd.
Well here are corners I would take over Boykin at this point, thus the late round pick comment. He has return ability and sure it does depth on who goes out, but guys like Greg Reid, Cliff Harris, Hayron Hosley, Greg McCoy have just as good return ability if not better! Thus that is why I said what I did, but who knows maybe a lot of these guys will not go out, but I doubt it.

Xavier Rhodes Florida State RS SOPH
Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama JR
Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska
Morris Claiborne LSU JR
Stephon Gilmore South Carolina JR
Jayron Hosley Virgina Tech JR
Greg Reid Florida State JR
Cliff Harris Oregon JR
Donnie Fletcher Boston College
Chase Minnifield Virginia
Mike Harris Florida St.
Janoris Jenkins Florida
Terrence Frederick Texas A&M

Brandon Boykin Georgia

One could argue taking any of these corners over Boykin as well:
Randall Burden Kentucky
Troy Stoudermire Minnesota
Greg McCoy TCU

As for Gilmore, maybe one is expecting too much from him, I expected him to be hands down the top corner, and I guess just disappointed he is not developed into that. Still good player you are right but not the best at the position anymore.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 3:
*Lamar Miller RS SOPH RB Miami FL: Easily had one of the biggest breakout games of any player, putting together a complete game and a big performance. Showed real potential as a powerful runner that can breakout into the open field and make huge plays. If he keeps this up he could easily be the 2nd running back taken in the draft this year potentially.

*Christian Jones SOPH ILB Florida State: Just physically speaking, the kid is a monster. Huge arms, all of his limbs look like tree trunks, really long arms. A really fine looking athlete, tackles well, seems comfortable in space as well, will be interesting to see how he develops, he could be a great one.

*Javon Harris JR FS Oklahoma: Possible had the best game of any player on that Oklahoma defense, had two very key interceptions, amazing catches on both of them. Hit really hard as well, had very important impact plays in that game. Have not heard of him before but is one to watch out for now.

*Jonathan Cooper JR OG UNC: Stud guard, part of a very talented UNC offensive line. Was pulling non stop it seemed during that Virginia game, very athletic player, thick, built well, runs well, athletic and can hit. Really talented player and could be part of a group of really elite junior guards.

*Cameron Fleming RS FR OT Stanford: Another fine Stanford offensive line prospect. Hold over from Haurbaugh's signings but the kid is a stud, athletic, big wing span, should follow right in line with Jonathan Martin and be the next great Stanford offensive tackle.

*Levine Toilolo JR TE Stanford: Where do they find these guys, a legit 6-8 tight end with speed. Another fine tight end for this school, had really big plays against Arizona and showed a lot of ability. Good looking young player.

*Kendrick Adams SR DE LSU: Was a real force off the edge, aggressive rushing the passer and played with very good effort. But Miss State had missing offensive lineman in that game, but if he keeps up that kind of pressure consistently in the SEC his stock could really rise fast.

*Nigel Bradham SR OLB Florida State: Is a monster of a linebacker, massive arms, just a physical beast. Consistent on the field, makes plays, can hold a block and get off blocks, could easily be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick in the draft. Really elite physical talent.

*Anthony Johnson FR DT LSU: Possible next great LSU DT, thick, quick and can get off the ball. Has a compact frame, strong arms and with more playing time he could really turn into something great.

*Brandon Taylor SR SS LSU: Looks a lot stronger than last year, bigger and much more physical it seems as well. Playing very good football, making plays and is part of that stellar LSU secondary.

*Jonathan Banks JR CB Miss State: Big long corner, like the athletic ability he showed as a cover man, can tackle from time to time pretty well also. Would be wise to come back for his senior season but is a decent prospect.

*Tom Wort SOPH OLB Oklahoma: Outstanding football game, all over the field, tackled aggressively. Was very quick to the ball and even tipped a pass, went after it and caught it for an interception. Really breakout game for him.

*Brandon Washington JR OT Miami FL: Showing that he is an elite offensive lineman and could be a fine OT or OG at the next level. Good athlete, powerful player that can move people, could come out this year and be no worse than a late 2nd round pick potentially.

Other notables.....
*Eric Reid SOPH SS LSU
*Odell Beckham FR WR LSU
*Brennan Williams JR OT UNC
*Rodney McLeod SR SS Virginia
*Andrew Datko SR OT Florida State
*Bjoern Werner SOPH DE Florida State
*Brandon Maye Miss State*
Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

No love for Marcus Lattimore? Also thought Harrison Smith looked pretty good. And I know they are elite prospects already, but Matt Kalil and Matt Barkley have been amazing all season. Probably have to be the #2 and 3 picks at this point. Kalil is getting "Joe Thomas good".
Old 09-19-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with the Oz on Tom Wort and would argue he may have had the best game of any defender on the field. At what looks like about 5'11" and about 225 i dont care for him as a lb but he'd make a heck of a safety. Sort of gives you that John Lynch look out there (Stanford version) and clearly has more speed than the former pro bowler.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

In response to the Hot List, I'm a big fan of Prater. And I will admit he was abused vs. Pitt. I thought he was a lot more disciplined than that. He got caught on a couple trick plays. Then he was caught flatfooted on basic sideline routes. I still think he can be a Cover 2 starter, who plays off in coverage and can sit back and watch the QB like he likes to do and come up and make plays.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
No love for Marcus Lattimore? Also thought Harrison Smith looked pretty good. And I know they are elite prospects already, but Matt Kalil and Matt Barkley have been amazing all season. Probably have to be the #2 and 3 picks at this point. Kalil is getting "Joe Thomas good".
Wouldn't touch Lattimore with a 10 ft pole. He'll have the touches of a 27 year old by the time he comes out.
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
Wouldn't touch Lattimore with a 10 ft pole. He'll have the touches of a 27 year old by the time he comes out.
You'd risk missing out on a star then. The following players have led the NCAA in carries in a season in the last 10 years:

LaDanian Tomlinson
Steven Jackson
Adrian Peterson
Ray Rice

Those 4 plus Forte and Michael Turner had 335+ carry seasons in their last year in college. Cedric Benson and DeAngelo Williams are top 5 in the last decade in carries. Williams hasn't been the model of health, but he is considerably smaller than everyone on this list (other than Rice)....and the team that Lattimore wouldn't be disappointed with Williams like production for a few years.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 3:
*Sammy Watkins FR WR Clemson: Wow, simply put. The kid is a star, makes decisive moves on the field, knows where he is going. Makes quick lighting fast cuts, is very smooth running after the catch and protects the ball very well. Much less has no real issue taking a hit or getting a ball in traffic. A real big time receiver prospect and should be a total star in the future.

*Brandon Thompson SR DT Clemson: Have not seen much of him before this year, but this year he is really standing out in my book. Had a great game, not a huge defensive tackle but gets off the ball and can get after the quarterback. At one point, in a three man line he was triple teamed by Auburn. Very disruptive force in the middle and could easily be the second DT taken in the draft potentially.

*Dwayne Allen RS JR TE Clemson: Nice to see a big game out of him, very nice to see. Underused most of his career so far. But this game he showed big play making ability and showed off his great athletic skills. Could be the first tight end taken in the draft without question.

*Spencer Long SOPH OG Nebraska: A walk on for "Nebraska, but he is turning out to be quite the player. Totally stone walled a highly ranked NT for Washington in that game, big kid, thick and does not get pushed around. Should develop nicely and be a fine guard prospect in the future.

*Austin Seferian-Jenkins FR TE Washington: Nothing amazing about this, he is a potential star, many can see that. Great size at tight end, good athlete, can get down field and catch the ball. If he continues to improve and get better over the next few years he should be a fine tight end prospect.

*Jermarcus Hardrick SR OT Nebraska: Will be a developmental draft pick based on his great size and arm length. Still has a lot to improve on, but is a very fine prospect to work on at offensive tackle. Has a lot of raw athletic ability and physical size.

*Tajh Boyd SOPH QB Clemson: I was impressed with him, put air under the ball so his receivers can make a play, has a big time arm and throws the ball effortlessly. Tough in the pocket, willing to take a hit, mobile but looks down field to make plays. Solid player and could be a good one in time.

*Jermaine Kearse SR WR Washington: Not a star receiver but is very solid. Catches the ball smoothly, away from his body, has good body control and can go up and high point a ball. Not great speed but has decent size and could be a late round draft pick if he works out well.

*Malliciah Goodman JR DE Clemson: Another solid defensive lineman for them. Gets good pressure off the edge, quick off the ball and provides a solid push all game long.

*Ameer Abdullah FR RB Nebraska: Kick return specialist, still has trouble handling the ball though. But his open field speed is sick and being so good so young, he could really turn into a fine return man and 3rd down back potentially. Very interesting prospect to watch.

Disappointed:
Rashard Hall JR FS Clemson: Was a big fan of his, but he had a bad game, made very little impact and was slow on rotation with a few plays. Looked more promising as a young freshman back there. Could be just a bad game but based off that one, not pleased with his progress or lack there of.

Sean Fisher JR OLB Nebraska: He should be starting by now, no reason why he is not other than sub par play. Physical kid, has good size, is tough, but clearly is missing something to still not see consistent field action. Hope he turns it around and uses all of his physical ability to play better in the future.

Quote:
rawdawg
You'd risk missing out on a star then. The following players have led the NCAA in carries in a season in the last 10 years:

LaDanian Tomlinson
Steven Jackson
Adrian Peterson
Ray Rice

Those 4 plus Forte and Michael Turner had 335+ carry seasons in their last year in college. Cedric Benson and DeAngelo Williams are top 5 in the last decade in carries. Williams hasn't been the model of health, but he is considerably smaller than everyone on this list (other than Rice)....and the team that Lattimore wouldn't be disappointed with Williams like production for a few years.
I agree, Lattimore is a stud and carries is not a huge issue I do not think. In terms of mentioning him, well look back at this thread from 2010, he was talked about quite often and is clearly an established star even before this year. Very talented player.

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-21-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa guys to keep an eye on:

WR Keenan Davis
6'3 220
10 catches 129 yards, 1 TD last week

SS Jordan Bernstine
5'11 210
8 Tackle, 2 TFL last week

WLB Christian Kirksey
6'2 220
31 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 FF on year so far

QB James Vandenberg
6'3 220
800 passing yards, 8 TD, 1 INT on year so far
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU will have a ton of draft picks on defense in the next few years.

Your write ups on Bradham and Jones are spot on. Bradham has really taken another leap this year, a very steady player who has turned into a big time vocal leaders and is a physical specimen. Had some stiffness issues but has really worked through that. Excellent tackler and plays well in space as well as downhill. Can play any LB position at the next level too.

Jones will be an elite prospect when he comes out imo, one of those guys you just notice on the field. He was always making plays when he was on the field last year and is a monster this year. Ridiculous physical ability and has super long arms. Plays much better in space and a better form tackler than I ever would have thought. Could even project to 3-4 OLB ala Clay Matthews.

Werner was flat out dominating OU, he might not have the fastest 40 but he plays like a young Michael Strahan.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 4:

*Todd Thomas FR OLB Pitt: Really impressed with his overall speed on the field. Lined up at slot corner at times against Notre Dame. Fast linebacker, great on the blitz, gives good effort and appears to have taken senior Greg Williams position, or at least is playing ahead of him a lot. Very talented player and I was real impressed with that Pitt defense.

*Giovani Bernard FR RB UNC: Possible stud running back, could be a great player in college and a decent change of pace guy in the NFL. Very small but tough, hard to bring down, look for big things out of him.

*Cameron Erving FR DT Florida State: Played big time football, got pressure and was one of the few Noles to do so. Really got through the offensive line a few times, wide body, sky is the limit for him.

*Brodrick Brown JR CB Oklahoma State: Played a great game in coverage. Really stuck to his made, made aggressive plays on the ball and showed good speed in the open field. He is one to watch as well as that entire Oklahoma State defense, I want to see more of them.

*Mike Glennon JR QB NC State: Team lost, but one could argue he has one of the three top arms in college football right now. Big time talent, but has to put it all together. Is slowly getting better but at this point he still has a lot to work on in terms of being a leader and being the 'guy' at quarterback.

*DeMarcus Milliner SOPH CB Alabama: Much improved over last year, tackles much more aggressively, plays instinctive and was a big difference maker for them on defense.

*Darius Fleming SR OLB Notre Dame: Watch out for him in the draft, set a hard edge as a 3/4 OLB. Tough kid, holds the point of attack and would be a perfect backup/starter in any 3/4 defense in the NFL. Very promising prospect.

*Geno Smith JR QB West Virginia: Have not been a huge fan of his, but he did show a lot against a superior LSU defense. Has a quick release, is not a run first quarterback at all, pure pocket guy. Nice arm, improving leader, come his senior year he could be a top flight quarterback if he keeps on improving like he is.

*Travis Hughes FR OLB UNC: Took the place of Zach Brown who was suspended for that game. Made plays all over the field, athletic linebacker that can get into the backfield. Showed good speed and could be a nice one in a few years.

*Collin Klein JR RB/QB Kansas State: Forget Tim Tebow, one could argue this guy is just as tough as he was running the football. Plays in a pure option offense, has decent speed as a runner and just will no go down, amazing toughness and could find his way in the NFL just because of that.

*Trevor Robinson SR OG Notre Dame: I like his size, like his length and is a good solid guard. Nice athlete, blocks well down field and is a good mid round prospect.

*TJ Graham SR WR NC State: Could be a steal for a team late but could be drafted early because of his speed. Great return man, one of the fastest players around that is for sure. Improving receiver that many teams will take a long look at.

*Dont'a Hightower SR OLB Alabama: Is in much better shape compared to last season. Has that burst again, all over the field, much better condition. That could really help his stock and he could be a really high pick if he keeps this up.

*Tavon Austin JR WR West Virginia: Hard to argue against that quickness. Super quick with the ball in his hands, hard to take down and is a pure playmaker all over the field.

*Phillip Price SR OT Clemson: Tough kid, played well, is one to watch in the draft. Might be a late pick but kid played well against a fine Florida State front four.

*Marqise Lee FR WR USC: One to watch for, is a smooth athlete, quick, can get open and could be a difference maker in the future at receiver.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for LaMichael?

288 yards on 23 carries with 2 TD's last night...
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isaiah Crowell is going to be the best RB prospect since at least Barry Sanders. His physical gifts rival Herschel Walker. I can easily see him being the first RB to go #1 overall since KiJana Carter.

Ok, not really. He's actually overrated garbage. WAAAY more overrated than Knowshon Moreno. I don't think he'll even go in the top 6 rounds.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Foles has put together a good season and in a muddled group of Senior QBs he is quietly rising to the top of it.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mohammed Sanu was uncoverable against Ohio. I say that because even when he was covered, he found a way to catch the ball.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devon Still has been beasting week in and week out for PSU.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Devon Still has been beasting week in and week out for PSU.
He's establishing himself as a potential 1st Rounder. Ideal 5-Tech, though he would do well inside a 4-3 as well. Reminds me a lot of Odrick.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote