Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

DE: Julius Peppers
NT: Vince Wilfork
DE: Richard Seymour

OLB: Shawne Merriman
ILB: Brian Urlacher
ILB: A.J. Hawk
OLB: DeMarcus Ware

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha
FS: Sean Taylor
SS: Adrian Wilson
CB: Asante Samuel
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
DE: Julius Peppers
NT: Vince Wilfork
DE: Richard Seymour

OLB: Shawne Merriman
ILB: Brian Urlacher
ILB: A.J. Hawk
OLB: DeMarcus Ware

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha
FS: Sean Taylor
SS: Adrian Wilson
CB: Asante Samuel
He has a first name thats my last name, but i dont think he's african

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Oh and I hope you guys realize, Asante Samuel isn't that great of a CB, he just benefits from his front 7 and Bill Belicheck's genius.
While I agree he's not an elite player yet, he's still an ascending player, and a huge playmaker. He's already tied the record for career INT's for TD's in the playoffs. He's deffinatley a gamer, and better then you're giving him credit for. Good enough that the Patriots felt he was worth the franchise tag.

Last edited by LarryJohnson27 : 04-02-2007 at 05:47 PM.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Hey, I am just preaching the truth. He is a good player, but not a great player, yet. He isn't in the class of a Bailey, McAlister, or Newman yet. You think he makes those INT's himself? No way my friend. It is pass rush. Unless you are great, like the 3 I mentioned, and I have no doubt Samuel will be there eventually, you need a pass rush or you will get owned. Take Ike Taylor or Deshea Townsend for instance. You think they are good CBs? Psssh, they are lcuky to be in the league, yet because of the Steelers pass rush, they look good. That is all I am saying, and I am pretty sure I am correct on this one.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 04-02-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Oh and I hope you guys realize, Asante Samuel isn't that great of a CB, he just benefits from his front 7 and Bill Belicheck's genius.
oh..Asante benefits from a front 7? Our front 7 honestly wasnt that good in creating pressure..hes always had opportunity to make plays but he had stone hands till this year(worked on hands with a NERF ball) and BB's genius? Explains why Duane Starks,Ellis Hobbs are as good as Samuel. Watch him play some day..maybe Romo throws 3 picks to him like Romo's clone: Grossman
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A 4-3 Defense that has the ability to swap to a 3-4 without giving up much. Defensive line is built to contain the offensive linemen allowing the linebackers to chase the play as much as possible. Corners are strong man coverage players as the safeties will be roaming more often then not leaving corners alone.

DE-Julius Peppers
DT-Richard Seymore
DT-John Henderson
DE-Terrell Suggs

OLB-Adalius Thomas
MLB-Ray Lewis
OLB-Brian Urlacher

CB-Champ Bailey
FS-Ed Reed
SS-Sean Taylor
CB-Chris McAlister
Old 04-02-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basic 4-3

DE- Osi Umenyiora aka Chief Osi
DT- Kris Jenkins(when healthy)
DT- Marcus Stroud
DE- Strahan

OLB- Keith Bullocks
MLB- Antonio Pierce(yea ima homer)
OLB- Derrick Brooks

CB- Champ Bailey
CB- Chris McCalister
SS- Ed Reed
FS- Troy Polamalu

K- Jeff Wilkins
P- Jeff "pin you inside the 20" Feagles
KR- Dante Hall
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Hey, I am just preaching the truth. He is a good player, but not a great player, yet. He isn't in the class of a Bailey, McAlister, or Newman yet. You think he makes those INT's himself? No way my friend. It is pass rush. Unless you are great, like the 3 I mentioned, and I have no doubt Samuel will be there eventually, you need a pass rush or you will get owned. Take Ike Taylor or Deshea Townsend for instance. YOu think they are good CBs? Psssh, they are lcuky to be in the league, yet because of the Steelers pass rush, they look good. That is all I am saying, and I am pretty sure I am correct on th is one.
Asante Samuel is one of the best cornerbacks in the league. He's a huge playmaker in the passing game and he rarely gets beat. Plus, he's arguably the biggest hitter at the cornerback position and can really come up and support the run. Bailey, McAlister, and Newman are all good but Samuel is up there as well.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Hey, I am just preaching the truth. He is a good player, but not a great player, yet. He isn't in the class of a Bailey, McAlister, or Newman yet. You think he makes those INT's himself? No way my friend. It is pass rush. Unless you are great, like the 3 I mentioned, and I have no doubt Samuel will be there eventually, you need a pass rush or you will get owned. Take Ike Taylor or Deshea Townsend for instance. YOu think they are good CBs? Psssh, they are lcuky to be in the league, yet because of the Steelers pass rush, they look good. That is all I am saying, and I am pretty sure I am correct on th is one.
Cowboys fans jack it to Terrance Newman. HES NOT A TOP 5 CB stop wacking off to Terrance Newman and hatin on DeAngelo Hall. All cowboys fans whine about dis, HOW COME DEANGELO HALL MAKES THE PRO BOWL???? TERRANCE NEWMAN IS SOO UNDERATED AND IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS CHAMP BAILEY!!!! yeah my *ass he is. Newman is ight but he aint no god.

DE: Suggs
DT: Harris
DT: Stroud
DE: Freeney

LOLB: Peterson
MLB: Vilma
ROLB: Briggs

CB: Champ Bailey
SS: Ed Reed
FS: Brian Dawkins
CB: Rashean Mathis
Old 04-02-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WDE- Marcus Stroud
WUT- Vince Wilfork
NT- Casey Hampton
SUT- Kris Jenkins
SDE- Jamal Williams

WRLB- Louis Castillo
WILB- Kevin Williams
SILB- Tommie Harris
SRLB- Richard Seymour

SS- Shaun Rogers
ROV- Warren Sapp
Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
SS- Shaun Rogers
ROV- Warren Sapp
hahaha rep points right there brotha lmao
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

Quote:
As noted you are giving the Pats front 7 way too much credit for Asante's success. McAlister plays behind one of the best front 7s in football, but nobody can deny his talent and success.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Newman over Samuel. Samuel is a very good player, but isn't elite.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best run stopping team ever

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Which I agree with, but I picked Samuel over Newman because I was running a Tampa 2. I won't say Samuel is an elite CB, but he is an ascending player, who has the potential to be elite with time.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

"Plus, he's arguably the biggest hitter at the cornerback position "

very true. little man can hit! just ask Ricky W.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Best run stopping team ever
It is for sure, unless they get 5 yards up field, because I don't think anyone on that team has a snowballs chance in hell of even hoping to keep up with a RB.

Especially the back two, they would have to start running from the safety spots towards the line of scrimmage as the offensive was lining up to have a hope of getting to the play before it was over. I can only imagine Sapp trying to play the ball in the air, not a pretty sight.

Someone should make that defensive up in Madden, put it as a 46 defense, and sim a few games to see the stats.
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
Cowboys fans jack it to Terrance Newman. HES NOT A TOP 5 CB stop wacking off to Terrance Newman and hatin on DeAngelo Hall. All cowboys fans whine about dis, HOW COME DEANGELO HALL MAKES THE PRO BOWL???? TERRANCE NEWMAN IS SOO UNDERATED AND IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS CHAMP BAILEY!!!! yeah my *ass he is. Newman is ight but he aint no god.

DE: Suggs
DT: Harris
DT: Stroud
DE: Freeney

LOLB: Peterson
MLB: Vilma
ROLB: Briggs

CB: Champ Bailey
SS: Ed Reed
FS: Brian Dawkins
CB: Rashean Mathis
Whoa whoa whoa. I never said Newman was a god, but he is easily better than DeAngelo Hall. I don't care who makes the pro-bowl, the pro-bowl is a joke and a stupid popularity contest. Did you not see DeAngelo Hall get torched all year? The fact that he was even a #1 CB after the way he played this season was a joke. He was just put in the pro-bowl because he had a lot of INTs and he is always saying stuff to get in the media. Oh and Newman is a top 5 CB.
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
"Plus, he's arguably the biggest hitter at the cornerback position "

very true. little man can hit! just ask Ricky W.
Did you see Sheldon brown lay out reggie bush

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yx2U1lr1wZ8#

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eM6EauZ_LV4

if only my eagles won

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Last edited by Big Mike : 04-02-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
There you go, coming from one of the best posters on the site. Newman gets overlooked because he doesn't get a ton of picks, but that shouldn't be the case. I expect him to have a good amount of picks because Wade Phillips will get us a lot of pressure, while shutting down his man completely (thrown a 2.37 times per game, best in the NFL). Hopefully Newman finally gets his due this year, and gets a pro-bowl bid.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, Samuel is a good player, but he is not in the elite class of CB's, atleast not yet.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There you go, coming from one of the best posters on the site. Newman gets overlooked because he doesn't get a ton of picks, but that shouldn't be the case. I expect him to have a good amount of picks because Wade Phillips will get us a lot of pressure, while shutting down his man completely (thrown a 2.37 times per game, best in the NFL). Hopefully Newman finally gets his due this year, and gets a pro-bowl bid.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, Samuel is a good player, but he is not in the elite class of CB's, atleast not yet.
I beg to differ. Samuel is in the elite class of cornerbacks. I can only think of a handful I would rate ahead of him for sure.

Also, Newman is about 3 years older than Samuel which is another reason I picked Samuel.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

Quote:

I will tell you myself Samuel is not better then Newman, but if I'm running a Tampa 2 I'll take Samuel.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma couldn't touch Urlacher's jock. Especially in a cover 2. Are you kidding me?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

as far as im concerned..theres only 2 elite corners. Bailey and McAlister

then theres a borderline of great/elite which holds: Newman, Samuel, Clements, Mathis to name a few

whered u get the "2.37 times per game" stat? Samuel is not all about the picks..thats how he got national attention but even if he deflected them instead of pciking them off,id say hes a very good corner in the making. I'll give it to you, Samuel has done it 1 year at a very high level while Newman has done it 2-3. and our defense did not get a lot of pressure FYI..i dont recall having to see a QB run and throw in a hurry a lot but this year should with some players healthier and addition of Thomas
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Vilma couldn't touch Urlacher's jock. Especially in a cover 2. Are you kidding me?
My selection of Vilma was based soley on age.