Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Is it out there yet? I was planning on grabbing it in the morning.
doesn't look like it, thought it would be out by 12 EST, but will have to wait probably another 3-4 hrs.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I would totally be all over that if it was there...but they're usually really bad at this kind of thing. Shame. I have baseball related night terrors to try to forget.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Battlefield 3 beta is pretty damn fun. I'm still getting used to it and have put up some crappy games after a few strong early ones, but I've been on awful teams too. Rush probably isn't a good game mode to introduce a large new audience to Battlefield. Everyone just kind of plays team death match and the defense almost always wins.

Also, EA just officially released the first Syndicate trailer. It looks pretty damn interesting.

Obvious Deus Ex comparisons, but I'm OK with more games like Deus Ex.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-29-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dling BF3 beta right now add me if you wanna play, fenikz602

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing the beta on the PC for a couple days and I can say it's the best FPS I've ever played (and it still has some bugs to iron out, hence beta).
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is 2K12 gonna be worth buying even with no season?I heard rumors MJ was still gonna be on the cover. I've just got so far to go with 2k11 and my MJ mode I'm gonna pass until next summer at least. I'm still in my rookie season with MJ, and that mode took up so much time I hardly got into any associations this time around.

The 2K series in general offers a ton of replay value, EA sports has completely lost track of how to make a game that you could say the same about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I've been playing the beta on the PC for a couple days and I can say it's the best FPS I've ever played (and it still has some bugs to iron out, hence beta).
The console versions have a long way to go, unfortunately. The PS3 version runs pretty smoothly, but I'm having really bad connection issues. Conversely, the Xbox 360 version stutters a bit and just seems to be running at a lower frame rate and suffers screen tearing. A bit worried about this one. The PC version seems like it will be fine if they solve the Battlelog thing, but the the console version just feels very un-optimized on both platforms. I've heard this is an older build...which would be consistent with what happened with the Crysis 2 beta, but it's still worrisome.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't speak as far as the console goes. It's still in beta though, so I'm sure it will improve. The game is really a PC game at heart. It's just designed to be played as such. I'm sure they'll tweak it and optimize it more before launch.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i fell through the map a few times.

Also are the servers down?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The Battlefield 3 beta is pretty damn fun. I'm still getting used to it and have put up some crappy games after a few strong early ones, but I've been on awful teams too. Rush probably isn't a good game mode to introduce a large new audience to Battlefield. Everyone just kind of plays team death match and the defense almost always wins.

Also, EA just officially released the first Syndicate trailer. It looks pretty damn interesting.

Obvious Deus Ex comparisons, but I'm OK with more games like Deus Ex.
Wow, I'd say so. Looks like Deus Ex exactly. The game even takes you to China. lol. Weird.

But yeah, it looks pretty cool. What type of game is it? Is it just a straight shooter?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Wow, I'd say so. Looks like Deus Ex exactly. The game even takes you to China. lol. Weird.

But yeah, it looks pretty cool. What type of game is it? Is it just a straight shooter?
Not enough info yet. I think it's basically "Hey Deus Ex did pretty good so..." kind of thing. The China thing is fairly coincidental, I think. Seems like this has been in the oven dark for a good bit. The developer has mostly made straight shooters(good ones, though), but a lot of the kind of atmosphere they're trying to give off with that is better served with a slower pace than run'n gun games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I can't speak as far as the console goes. It's still in beta though, so I'm sure it will improve. The game is really a PC game at heart. It's just designed to be played as such. I'm sure they'll tweak it and optimize it more before launch.
Yeah, I would totally build a decent PC to run this and a few other things if I could make the $500 it would require to do so worth it...but it just doesn't look like it would be right now. Luckily, it seems to run much better on the PS3. Framerate is better and the screen tearing is cut down quite a bit. It was pretty bad on the 360.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So ya im in love with BF3 now, once i stop falling through the ground i think ill ask it to marry me

im not convinced 1 way or another is there bullet drop in this game?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very disappointed in BF3. The recoil is practically non-existent. It plays like an even crappier bad company to me. DICE tricked me again. PC (or good) game my ass. I definitely won't be buying it until a price drop.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-30-2011 at 08:27 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
im not convinced 1 way or another is there bullet drop in this game?
I haven't really tested it. I want to say yeah, but it's certainly not as noticeable as it was in Bad Company 2. The only time I've felt like I've had some is with the longer range optics.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

what is bullet drop? Like due to physics and it traveling distances it drops down a few inches from where you aimed for?

Also anyone else had trouble logging on to EA servers? it would not let me connect, but I could play madden online. I kept getting EA connection lost, and it refused to log back on.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I am very disappointed in BF3. The recoil is practically non-existent. It plays like an even crappier bad company to me. DICE tricked me again. PC (or good) game my ass. I definitely won't be buying it until a price drop.
Could not agree more. I will not be picking this piece of **** game up. As much as I hate it, looks like I'll be picking up another call of duty this holiday season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA 2K12 given a 9.5 by IGN.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-30-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

More importantly, Dark Souls was given a 9. I am so god damn pumped.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-30-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Are you getting it for the 360?

I still havent played Demon's Souls. It's on my list, though. I figure I'll play it soon enough and then buy Dark Souls for the 360 when it comes down in price.

Getting RAGE on Tuesday, so no Dark Souls for me. Speaking of, should be interesting to see how well these games sell. And FIFA 12 came out today also, so that may eat up some of the sales for the other two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anybody going to pre order Arkham City? I want to but not sure what the best deal is.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Is anybody going to pre order Arkham City? I want to but not sure what the best deal is.
I will be purchasing it, most likely at midnight. The gameplay video on ign right now is pretty cool even if its only a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I want to, but I have a lot of preorders already...not sure if I can afford another $60 game on top of the others right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Are you getting it for the 360?

I still havent played Demon's Souls. It's on my list, though. I figure I'll play it soon enough and then buy Dark Souls for the 360 when it comes down in price.
Do yourself a favor and get Demon's Souls. It's the best $20 dollars someone can spend. Just a fantastic, fantastic title and something someone like you who clearly loves games should enjoy. It's that type of thing. Glowing endorsement from me.

But yeah, I'm getting it on the 360. I cancelled my pre-order at Gamestop to get it on Amazon and the 360 versions was the only one they had left....so that kind of my the decision for me haha. Should be interesting to see how it holds up as it's a port.

I plan on getting RAGE on Tuesday as well. At least, I bet I am. It's my four year anniversary with my girlfriend on that Tuesday, so I anticipate video games I don't have haha.

I'm in the same spot on Arkham City. I like Arkham Asylum....but probably not enough to drop $60 dollars on a game like that. Just not worth that much to me either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batman AC will rock for a none online game,should best of the month.Don't pass it up guys.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Press A to win.

R.I.P. Junior Seau