Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2011, 05:39 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did anyone else see the update? They changed a whole load of stuff. I'm not sure if I like the update.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The keyboard never bothered me in the first place. But now when I go to text the boxes are blue and white with a white background. It's harder to read. I guess I'm complaining....but I don't like change.. phone does seem faster though.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't received an update...
Old 10-01-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They updated the keyboard?

I'm starting to hate the swype keyboard. I'm realizing that it takes me just as long if not longer bc the swype is constantly interpreting the wrong word and I have to go back and fix it.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They updated the keyboard?

I'm starting to hate the swype keyboard. I'm realizing that it takes me just as long if not longer bc the swype is constantly interpreting the wrong word and I have to go back and fix it.
The only thing I really dislike about Swype is the fact that it damn near constantly puts commas in instead of spaces. It's pretty annoying. Other than that, it saves some time for me.

Also, LauncherPro is godly. Love the way my homescreen looks right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-01-2011 at 02:58 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, I sometimes catch myself swyping too fast, which is the cause of 90% of my screw ups.

Launch pro? What is that? Looks really nice! I'm about to download it for my X, is it on the market?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's on there. There's a free version to try out first as well...which might as well be the paid version. Only thing that's missing is widgets.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
how did you get the clock/date/weather to display like that? i can't figure it out
That's a clock called FancyWidget with a skin called 'Reflection' or something like that with the background set to transparent.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really regretting getttig the HT thunder bolt.It is a fun touch screen phone.However, it is not my style of phone.I should stuck with droid and moved on the 3rd one sadly it came out after I bought.Go figure.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I regret not having the Galaxy SII. I've played with that and it's just an amazing product. Always the next one though, I suppose.

In non-phone related Android crap; looks like I'm buying my girlfriend a Kindle Fire for our anniversary. Have to wait on some more information on that one first though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-01-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I like the way it looks as well. You can't beat the price point either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-02-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just upgraded to my Galaxy SII today.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am waiting for the Nexus prime... It should be amazing!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got the droid Charge for $50 w/my upgrade incredibly happy with the fun, battery life is very decent for an android phone and the display is beautiful. Plus with the news on the Iphone 4s I'm happy with my purchase, wasn't really willing to shell out the extra 200 bucks for the Bionic.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Got the droid Charge for $50 w/my upgrade incredibly happy with the fun, battery life is very decent for an android phone and the display is beautiful. Plus with the news on the Iphone 4s I'm happy with my purchase, wasn't really willing to shell out the extra 200 bucks for the Bionic.
I have the Charge as well. The screen is so beautiful. The Bionic's screen looked atrocious compared to it. Although, the Bionic's battery life is vastly superior.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and honestly, anything is better than an ipad. i have no idea why people are buying these things

Yes you do.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:42 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Nexus Prime" (freeze at like :20 in 1080p full screen for the best look)

I assume this will be GSM on TMobile (like the last two were... though, it might not be)

If it is, 5 days later...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...tober-16/27773

Needless to say, I need something to replace my Nexus One.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:18 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

"Nexus Prime" (freeze at like :20 in 1080p full screen for the best look)

I assume this will be GSM on TMobile (like the last two were... though, it might not be)

If it is, 5 days later...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...tober-16/27773

Needless to say, I need something to replace my Nexus One.
The Nexus Prime is going to be a Verizon device. I don't know about the others but it is taking place of the absent Galaxy S II Phone that isn't on Verizon.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Que Angel Music

http://gizmodo.com/5847288/galaxy-ne...er-720p-screen
Old 10-06-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

God DAMN. I don't like to form factor very much, but that thing is pretty sweet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

To be fair, is it even a competition anymore? The droid phones are so far ahead of the iphones now it's not even a comparison anymore.

The new iphone is laughable. It's basically my droid x more or less.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i will give the iphone that the included music player is light years beyond the thing that comes with an android. though downloading cloudskipper pretty well resolved that for me.
Have you checked out the Google Music Beta... Its not great but its sizable upgrade
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Yea it is all cloud based but it is accessible by computer and songs/ albums can be downloaded to the phone..
Old 10-06-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Nexus Prime is going to be a Verizon device. I don't know about the others but it is taking place of the absent Galaxy S II Phone that isn't on Verizon.
No doubt. I am just wondering why Google would leave the GSM and Sprint users out to dry that they've worked hard to get.

http://pocketnow.com/android/leakste...-gsm-and-wimax

I won't even bother with the iPhone vs Android debate. Both are phenomenal phones. I wouldn't trade my Nexus One for anything (except a "Galaxy Nexus"), but if Google pulled out of the phone industry all-together, I wouldn't cry about having to buy an iPhone.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Could there be two phones? :o

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/06...-galaxy-nexus/

The Nexus S released in early December and the Nexus One released in early January.

edit: If anyone cares, there are definitely two phones.

http://www.phonebuff.com/2011/09/nex...-prime-phones/

(The FCC has documentation for two different ones)

Last edited by descendency : 10-07-2011 at 02:22 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote