Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It just leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after Dragon Age 2. Mass Effect 3 is looking great so far. I've already seen more locations from it than I did in my 30 or so hours in Dragon Age 2...but eh. I guess that game just used up some of my trust for them. Multiplayer isn't as bad of an idea as some would think in theory, but I just hope it's potential inclusion doesn't do anything to the singleplayer.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is rumored to be unique co-op missions.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not something I would care for, either. If that's true.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be interested in that. Being able to use the characters in your party other than Sheppard has always been something I've been curious about.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of controlling someone else. But to me, Mass Effect is just one of the ultimate single player experiences. I could care less about any kind of multiplayer.

As for something else...I played the Battlefield beta. I hate games like this first off...but I really dont get it. I dont see how these war shooters are fun at all. They dont even look all that great graphically, either. The campaign looks sexy from the trailers, but the online doesnt look too special at all. And it's boring, imo. It's just not my thing, I guess.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dinosaurs M.O.T.H.... Dinosaurs.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Operation Metro is a terrible map. I really want to try Caspian Border with vehicles.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That's kind of odd to hear you say that given how much you pimp Gears. Not saying anything of it or anything, just interesting. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I enjoy the competitive element of those types of games more so than anything. Battlefield does that better than anything else out there and the skill curve, emphasis on objectives, vehicles, and way it handles is a pleasant experience.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's kind of odd to hear you say that given how much you pimp Gears. Not saying anything of it or anything, just interesting. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I enjoy the competitive element of those types of games more so than anything. Battlefield does that better than anything else out there and the skill curve, emphasis on objectives, vehicles, and way it handles is a pleasant experience.
Gears is a completely different online experience. It's not even comparable.

I dont find "realistic" tactitcal war shooters to be fun at all. I think they're incredibly tedious and I never got the online love. It's a bore, but that's just me. This would also include Crysis 2, even though the subject matter is a little out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-01-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
am i missing something? isn't that *exactly* what gears wants to think it is?
Seriously? Errrr no. Not by my definition at least.

I'm comparing Gears to the likes of the Call of Duties, Battlefield games, Tom Clancy games...they're nothing alike.

Sure, you can call Gears tactical if you want...but the actual gameplay is nothing like those "real to life" boring war shooters.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-01-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you suck at FPS than they won't be any fun, definitely takes practice to become formidable.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
if you suck at FPS than they won't be any fun, definitely takes practice to become formidable.
I dont suck at FPS. I think war games are boring. So they're a turn off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
very seriously. none of them are really my kind of game*, but i didn't see much difference watching friends play them.

* which could certainly be why i think they're all identical.
The gameplay is vastly different and the tactics, themselves. Gears has a lot of arcady type weaponry. Like guns with chainsaws and the online play, might as well be called shot gun wars. The feel of the game is completely different than those war shooters. I def. like it more than those type of games, for sure. I've just never liked your typical war shooter. I just cant get into them. A game's story is big for me, and I really dont care for a boring war story, chalk full of politics and what not. Just bores me. And the gameplay all feels the same to me in those types anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-01-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gears is a completely different online experience. It's not even comparable.

I dont find "realistic" tactitcal war shooters to be fun at all. I think they're incredibly tedious and I never got the online love. It's a bore, but that's just me. This would also include Crysis 2, even though the subject matter is a little out there.
I'm not sure I would agree with that, personally. The only thing that's different with Gears is the camera style. Not knocking it, just finding it odd. It's essentially the same to me. Given that those games are literally all 100% about the gameplay and the setting is really just background noise. I actually think Gears is just as generic as any other shooter if not more so on certain fronts.

But yeah, no disrespect intended, just different strokes for different folks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
That's the best part. It's one of those things that has a skill curve. Very gratifying to improve in those types of games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
very seriously. none of them are really my kind of game*, but i didn't see much difference watching friends play them.

* which could certainly be why i think they're all identical.
Gears of War and Tom Clancys Ghost Recon are basically the same type of game, only difference is hype and alien/monster things
Old 10-01-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure I would agree with that, personally. The only thing that's different with Gears is the camera style. Not knocking it, just finding it odd. It's essentially the same to me. Given that those games are literally all 100% about the gameplay and the setting is really just background noise. I actually think Gears is just as generic as any other shooter if not more so on certain fronts.

But yeah, no disrespect intended, just different strokes for different folks.
Gears can be generic for sure...but i def. prefer it over carbon copy war themed games.

And I absolutely hate the Ghost Recon games and fail to see how they play anything like Gears. Sure there is cover based play, but they dont feel anything alike.

Gears online play just has a better feel to it, and the actual setting/theme itself, offers a lot more to me. Than the usual bland environments and boring war story these other games possess. But again, that's just me. I've said it a bunch of times, I hate these war shooters. I've never liked the genre itself. Not liking the feel of the online play is just on top of that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-01-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

We all have preferences, I guess. I personally just can't bring myself to enjoy MMO's of any variety. Just feels like a massive waste of time with very little reward and more of an online chatroom than what I like out of video games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I dont like them either. I also hate RTS and most JRPGs...turn based games, specifically.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So BF3 is really disappointing to me...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We all have preferences, I guess. I personally just can't bring myself to enjoy MMO's of any variety. Just feels like a massive waste of time with very little reward and more of an online chatroom than what I like out of video games.
Agreed 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
So BF3 is really disappointing to me...
Yes and yes. Even if they fix alot it still wont be enough to convert anyone away from the Cod franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

They really don't need to "kill" Call of Duty. They'll still put up crazy numbers. The entire "COD vs Battlefield" thing is a really great marketing ploy for them, but not one anyone realistically expects to come to fruition. They'll likely take home a much better marketshare than they had before it, according to all the sales projections we're seeing from finical people.

Personally, I can't see myself buying another Call of Duty game for a long time. The game runs very smoothly and is tight and responsive...but it's the same damn thing over and over again. It just gets boring so fast. The large maps and focus on objective based gameplay, an actual class system, and vehicles just add an extra degree of depth to Battlefield that I appreciate and keeps the experience fresh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-02-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF is better for competitive gaming. Not a fan of BF3, though. I just don't enjoy playing it at all.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MW 3 isn't made by the same guy as MW 1 and 2. And I liked MW 1 way, way better.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will still buy MW3 the week it comes out, after the unpromising, glitchty beta (a monthish out from release is not a good sign) I will either not get it at all, or just see if they can patch the hell out of it for the console.

I might have to purchase it on PC and run it on medium graphic settings...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote