Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Sounds like Grant will be out this week. Might finally get a glimpse of what Alex Green can do.
Yeah, just in case, I earlier today claimed Alex in one of my FF leagues. He has a chance.

Nice to see someone posting here...... I just visited the Dallas thread here, and they've had pages of posts yesterday and today. Very disappointed that it seems true, that Dallas is America's Team, not us. I hate to see them have so much more activity than we do here.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Our pass rush has been horses*** this season.
All you guys have to do is give help on Matthews, and Cutler will have plenty of time.

We don't have Cullen Jenkins, who was 75% of our interior pass rush.
And we don't have the fragile Mike Neal, again, who was anointed as worthy of Jenkins replacement so they let Cullen go, to Philly, who could afford him despite all their other additions.

Good call.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant and Bulaga officially ruled out. McCarthy said the RB rotation would be Starks and Kuhn. Said Alex Green will be active and on ST's. Did NOT commit to him playing any snaps at RB, however

Also, Nick Collins had surgery last night. Single fusion in his neck vertabrae. Surgery was a success and he's optimistic he will play next year
- as reported by Charlie Casserly of CBS

Adam Schefter said prognosis is good but it could take 6 months to determine if he'll play again

Quote:
TomSilverstein tom silverstein
Collins to be re-evaluated after six months. No guarantee that he'll be cleared to play, but had to have surgery to have a chance

Collins' injury was a herniated disk. The rupture occurred with the hit. He had 2 disks fused and will be in a hard collar for several weeks

According to agent Alan Herman, Collins is aware there are no guarantees he'll play again, but the surgery went well.
I know NFL players are tough, but with the kind of hits that safeties dish out/take....you kind of have to wonder if it's a good idea for Nick to even come back after having a surgery like this.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-30-2011 at 03:02 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why has Nick Collins yet to be placed on IR?

Also read that Mike Neal is eyeing a week 9 return... whether it happens who knows

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers are probably going to add Brandon Underwood back but he's serving his 2 game suspension. It'll probably happen after the suspension is up IMO
Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel very very very sad for Nick Collins.
Sad for the team, but not as very very very sad as for Nick.

And I'm still irritated by that play because it was about the 4th time that game we left RB's totally uncovered outta the backfield. When we send a RB out, he usually gets whalloped as soon as he touches it, but we kept leaving RBs uncovered, and Stewart got a lot of yards before Collins had to come up and try and make the tackle on that 3rd down play. I still remember the damn play Terrance Murphy hurt his neck. Someone fumbled a kickoff.

Terrell Davis' play where his knee was ripped up? It was a horrible pass/Int by Elway.

Jermichael last year? BASt*rd Donald Lee fumbled and J-Mike had to play defense.
Finley's injury the year before? It was a cheap shot, blind, to the side of the knee by the Lions (I think Delmas). Similar to what someone did to Jordan Shipley this year which ripped his ACL. Blind shots where they could just make clean hard tackles in the chest/gut area, but they go low like pussies.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
. I still remember the damn play Terrance Murphy hurt his neck. Someone fumbled a kickoff.
That would be the man who likes to drop logs in womens closets....

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Rotoworld:

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms that Packers FS Nick Collins' neck injury is career threatening.
Collins underwent surgery Thursday night that involved cervical fusion, having two vertebrae fused after an MRI revealed a herniated disc. Collins will wear a head collar for "several weeks," and is expected to resume life without restrictions after that. Collins will not be allowed to do football-related activities for six months. Doctors will do a recheck after that to see if he can resume playing. Ominously for Colts fans is that this is a similar injury and surgery to what Peyton Manning is recovering from.

Sad to hear that.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

the bright side is that he'll be able to live life without any restrictions. That's the most important thing

Hoping he can return, but if not, he went out on top as a SB champ
Old 10-01-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
the bright side is that he'll be able to live life without any restrictions. That's the most important thing

Hoping he can return, but if not, he went out on top as a SB champ
That is all very true. There are far more important things then football. Your sig makes me sad still though. He was a great player.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2011, 05:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Sterling, LeRoy, T-Murph, Collins..... has any other team had as many good young, great players forced out of the game due to necks than we have?
Old 10-01-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sterling, LeRoy, T-Murph, Collins..... has any other team had as many good young, great players forced out of the game due to necks than we have?
Butler had a shoulder injury
Old 10-01-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

and was at the end of his career when that affected him, to
Old 10-02-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://packersinsider.com/?p=3566

Jordy Nelson sticking around longer......
Old 10-02-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

JORDYZZZZZ

so they locked up Sitton and Jordy. The next best upcoming FA left is Finley, who might be looking like the toughest one to sign. Still hasn't put up the numbers and hasn't stayed healthy. I hope they bring him back though. He has been huge this year in opening up the offense
Old 10-02-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoorah! I was a bit worried that signing Jones would complicate things with Jordy. Glad to see this receiving corps will remain incredibly strong.

Next up: Finley.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo ur qb is a joke. It's like he's really out there just ******* with the defense for fun. It's incredible. He's just amusing himself out there.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Finley and Wells are the main upcoming FA's. Wells has really been playing great this year and I hope they lock him up as well

speaking of Finley...you gotta wonder, maybe GB wants him back but perhaps he won't want to come back? He's not getting the stats he could be getting on a team with lesser weapons. Here is what he said after the game today to

Finley plays decoy role

Quote:
Finley admitted it was tough to go from three touchdowns to three barely noticeable catches. He said it's going to be hard to stomach that if it continues.

Asked if it was a compliment that he drew two guys all day, he said, "Not really. I want the ball."

Finley said he hopes the coaches come up with some answers for the double teams so he can remain a big part of the offense. Against the Broncos, he stayed split out where he's more vulnerable to double teams.

"I'm not being selfish, but we'll have to come back and dial something up," he said. "You have to get your playmaker the ball in games when it's close. I can be the bull when everything's going wrong."
he is right. He IS a huge part of this offense. His presence today helped the Pack WR's get 1 on 1 coverage and they were consistently beating their guys. I do hope they get more creative and get Finley the ball more, though
Old 10-02-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That quotation makes me hate Finley. Great.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley has always seemed to be a 'me-first' guy and I don't think he enjoys having the playmakers around him that can cast a shadow on him. He's going to demand a lot of money, too. I could see him walking.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley is an idiot. Nothing new.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's an idiot that's really good at catching footballs...Pay the man Ted!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike Finley's talent will get him more $, and demand, expect, ask for more money.
But he had that talent coming out of Texas and he was still a 3rd round pick.

His stats are nothing like a Gates, Gonzalez, etc though.

Maybe these bargainish deals Jordyzzz and Jones signed will be a message to J-Mike. Both Jones and Jordyzzz have actually caught more balls in their time as a Packer than he has, if I'm not mistaken. And as J-Mike and everyone knows, we won the Super Bowl with those guys playing and him just tweeting from the sideline.

I'd love to see Teddy sign him to a deal just like Jordy. A short 3 year deal so he can get a huge payday soonish if he blows up (like he thinks he can).

Keep Arod's toys.

Finley had a guy over the top of him on every passing play.... he opened things up for Jennings, Jordyzzz, even James Jones.

We also need to keep Wells and maybe he too can sign a team-friendly deal like Jordyzzz & Jones signed.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley isn't going anywhere, we just need him to prove he can stay healthy. We all remember the David Martin experiment that on for years and years. I'd love to extend him but we also have the franchise tag to fall back on which would be around $7.5-8 million in 2012.

Finley's on pace for 72 catches for 936 yards and 12 TDs.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Seeing that we're a quarter of the way through the season, here's my team awards so far:

MVP - Aaron Rodgers
OPOY - Greg Jennings
DPOY - B.J. Raji

OROY - Randall Cobb
DROY - Jamari Lattimore (special teams)

Biggest suprise: Morgan Burnett
Biggest disapointment: James Jones