Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Not impressed at all. I see Captain Munnerlyn minus the speed. Dennard is short and stocky, slow and stiff. MAJOR pass. I have a hard time seeing him being drafted in the 1st 3 rounds.
Hmm, I seriously don't know what you see, but since I live in big 10 country, I'll be sure to watch more of him this year.

From what I've seen last year, QBs threw away from Prince Amukamarh and yet didn't have any success because Dennard blanketed the other side. He is just as good, if not better than Amukamarah, but with better playmaking/ball skills.

Comparison: Champ Bailey.

Don't say Chase Minnfield CB Virginia. I saw that guy get burned enough and only picked off weaker opponents. Dennard played better competition in the big 12 and played big.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Hmm, I seriously don't know what you see, but since I live in big 10 country, I'll be sure to watch more of him this year.

From what I've seen last year, QBs threw away from Prince Amukamarh and yet didn't have any success because Dennard blanketed the other side. He is just as good, if not better than Amukamarah, but with better playmaking/ball skills.

Comparison: Champ Bailey.

Don't say Chase Minnfield CB Virginia. I saw that guy get burned enough and only picked off weaker opponents. Dennard played better competition in the big 12 and played big.
I know you're not the only that likes Dennard. He's the #1 CB on nfldraftscout. I'm 100% confident on my assessment. I just don't see how he can survive in the NFL with his athletic deficiencies.

What I see with Dennard is:

-Short (5'10, maybe shorter)
-Stocky. He's listed at well over 200 lbs. Not a good weight at his height
-Stiff, extremely so. He's got the hips that you'd expect from someone so stocky and tightly wound. He really has trouble transitioning his breaks in his backpedal and trail technique. When the receiver gets away from him he doesn't flip his hips, but turns his body around with his back to the QB. He also falls down when he tries to break on the ball. His hips are just awful, and you can tell by looking at him and seeing the results of his movement on the field.
-Slow. Not awfully slow to the point where he can't cut it, but in combination with his lack of size and hips...it's not good. His speed is below-average by my estimates, but you really need to be a burner if you're gonna play at a high level with hips as bad as he has.

He's physical and has good cover skills so I can buy that he's a good player in college, but he'll get absolutely toasted in the NFL and there's no defense to mask his deficiencies. Like I said before, Captain Munnerlyn at least has long speed and return ability to make up for his small stature and robotic hips. Brandon Flowers is small and has average speed but he has excellent hips and burst so he's a great zone corner. Dennard brings nothing to the table in the NFL. I'm tempted to say UDFA but he's getting so much hype that I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, somewhat.

I'm not a Minnifield fan btw. The only corner I love so far is Stephon Gilmore. I like Xavier Rhodes as well but he's slow.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you on Stephon Gilmore. I think you're going to be wrong on Dennard. I have Gilmore and Dennard as my top CBs this year. I actually think Gilmore has the same skillset compared to Aquib Talib and should be go to jail, that would be a nice addition, however I like Dennard as well.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I think our main needs will be for 2012:

1. CB: prospects:
- Stephon Gilmore S. Carolina: Comparison: Aqib Talib
- Alfonzo Dennard: Nebraska: comparison: Champ Bailey.
- Janoris Jenkins: N. Alabama: Trouble, hopefully cleans up act.
2. OLB
- zach Brown N. Carolina
- Travis Lewis (broken foot, out 8 weeks) Oklahoma

3. RB: Looking for a physical back.
- Trent Richardson
- Lamichael James
- Bryce Brown
- Kniles Davis (like him a lot)

4. C:
1. Mike Brewster Ohio State
2. Ben Jones Georgia
Old 08-09-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jenkins clears the interview and background process then he's the #1 CB and a top 5-10 talent imo. Patrick Peterson has more upside but Janoris Jenkins is/was a better corner then and now. Gilmore is Peterson lite...great athlete but not as freakish as PP, similarly inconsistent in coverage, good return man but not as good as Peterson, then again Peterson didn't return kicks til his Jr year.

Like I said before, I'm very confident on my Dennard analysis. I don't know what people are seeing other than the physicality to jam at the line.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Evaluating the Mock Draft for my version 1.0 of the class of 2012: 3rounds:

TOP 3 Needs: CB, OT, RB. DEPTH: OG, WR contribution

1st round: Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina: Love this guy as a prospect. We need another CB to team with Talib and replace Ronde Barber.

2nd ROund: Levy Adcock RT Oklahoma State: Could move up into round 1, but we need a RT. WIth unsure of the expected Free agent tackles, I say this is our number 2 need.

3rd round: Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M: RBs have the tendency to fall on draft day due to several JR underclassmen RBs declaring.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see CB as our biggest need if Talib returns. Roddy White may have put up great numbers yesterday against Biggers but considering he was targeted 17 times and Ryan was picked off once (from a Biggers deflection), the Falcons passer rating when throwing to White was only a paltry 56.0. Considering Biggers was by himself most of the game in man-to-man, I would say he's got a pretty bright future, especially considering White is still one of the league's best.

We all know Talib can play at the highest of levels, if Myron Lewis can ever get and stay healthy he would be the ideal 3rd CB. Don't write off Anthony Gaitor either.

I look at our OLine and think improvements should make a big difference. RT and OC can definitely be upgraded, a pass catching RB, and a speedy WR may all be higher on the Bucs list than CB. Grabbing a safety might also be in the cards with Sean Jones in the last year of his contract, Grimm being hurt again, Tanard being a free agent (if he's reinstated), safety could be a big need as well.

I honestly feel the team goes right back to the need well like they have in the past. That means protecting or getting weapons for Freeman or upgrading the safeties. Raheem HAS to be pleased with the way the Bucs CBs played against the Falcons, considering they were one-on-one most of the game with little safety help. To me that means we target a RT or S in round 1... and considering I believe we will be drafting no higher than the mid 20's, we should get value drafting a S (McDonald, Barron, or RT (Reiff, Datko, or perhaps OC Brewster or OG Cordy and move Zuttah to OC) there (whereas you don't get value at those positions earlier).

The Bucs aren't afraid to draft for need and I just don't see the CB position as a glaring need like S... or an upgrade on the OL.

Hopefully, this will be the offseason that the Bucs eschew their conventional wisdom and try to infuse some speed on the offense instead of loading up with big plodding players. A speed RB and WR could do wonders to make the offense especially dangerous.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I don't see CB as our biggest need if Talib returns. Roddy White may have put up great numbers yesterday against Biggers but considering he was targeted 17 times and Ryan was picked off once (from a Biggers deflection), the Falcons passer rating when throwing to White was only a paltry 56.0. Considering Biggers was by himself most of the game in man-to-man, I would say he's got a pretty bright future, especially considering White is still one of the league's best.

We all know Talib can play at the highest of levels, if Myron Lewis can ever get and stay healthy he would be the ideal 3rd CB. Don't write off Anthony Gaitor either.

I look at our OLine and think improvements should make a big difference. RT and OC can definitely be upgraded, a pass catching RB, and a speedy WR may all be higher on the Bucs list than CB. Grabbing a safety might also be in the cards with Sean Jones in the last year of his contract, Grimm being hurt again, Tanard being a free agent (if he's reinstated), safety could be a big need as well.

I honestly feel the team goes right back to the need well like they have in the past. That means protecting or getting weapons for Freeman or upgrading the safeties. Raheem HAS to be pleased with the way the Bucs CBs played against the Falcons, considering they were one-on-one most of the game with little safety help. To me that means we target a RT or S in round 1... and considering I believe we will be drafting no higher than the mid 20's, we should get value drafting a S (McDonald, Barron, or RT (Reiff, Datko, or perhaps OC Brewster or OG Cordy and move Zuttah to OC) there (whereas you don't get value at those positions earlier).

The Bucs aren't afraid to draft for need and I just don't see the CB position as a glaring need like S... or an upgrade on the OL.

Hopefully, this will be the offseason that the Bucs eschew their conventional wisdom and try to infuse some speed on the offense instead of loading up with big plodding players. A speed RB and WR could do wonders to make the offense especially dangerous.
Absolutely agree. I've been crying out for this for the past 2 offseasons and we all we do is try to add more players that "run angry" and then hear about how it's "a physical league". LaMichael James and Andre Ellington should be near the top of our board. Freeman needs a real playmaker.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I still say CB is a big need even if Talib stays out of trouble and jail.

Barber probably and most likely will be playing his last season in 2011.

Brasho, I understand you like Biggers, but he's more of a 3rd/4th CB role. He gets abused a lot. Phyiscal WRs just own him.

I am still high on Anthony Gaintor, but as a nickel and Dime Back. I think he'll be very good in our defense.

But, you see teams that have good CB tandems. Talib needs some help on the other side. Someone like Stephon Gilmore, Claibborn from LSU, Xavier Rhodes, or Janoris Jenkins would really upgrade our defense in the secondary.

I know we drafted Myron Lewis to replace Barber, but I still think he's suited to move to FS, kind of like Antrelle Rolle did and Jaryious Byrd
Old 10-03-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I think Lewis and Biggers are capable. Janoris Jenkins has shutdown talent so I'd take him in a heartbeat, but the other guys need closer examination for value/fit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Lewis and Biggers are capable. Janoris Jenkins has shutdown talent so I'd take him in a heartbeat, but the other guys need closer examination for value/fit.
Biggers is not a number 2 CB. I don't care how much other Bucs fans like him. I'd like to keep him around as a 3/4 CB along with Gaitor, but Biggers just gets abused by bigger WRs.

I'd take Janoris Jenkins in a heartbeat as well, but as long as we evaluate him carefully. His character is still a question mark, although skipping out on the Supplemental Draft and enrolling into a D1 AA school is a step towards maturity improvement for Jenkins.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still say CB is a big need even if Talib stays out of trouble and jail.

Barber probably and most likely will be playing his last season in 2011.

Brasho, I understand you like Biggers, but he's more of a 3rd/4th CB role. He gets abused a lot. Phyiscal WRs just own him.

I am still high on Anthony Gaintor, but as a nickel and Dime Back. I think he'll be very good in our defense.

But, you see teams that have good CB tandems. Talib needs some help on the other side. Someone like Stephon Gilmore, Claibborn from LSU, Xavier Rhodes, or Janoris Jenkins would really upgrade our defense in the secondary.

I know we drafted Myron Lewis to replace Barber, but I still think he's suited to move to FS, kind of like Antrelle Rolle did and Jaryious Byrd
People need to give up on the 'Lewis to safety' thing because it isn't going to happen.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there is one weakness on our team I can see its SPEED on offense. Not saying we need to go reach for some fast guy that can't play ball. But I would love if we have a J Ford or someone like him that could take the top off of a D.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Safety anyone?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Biggers is not a number 2 CB. I don't care how much other Bucs fans like him. I'd like to keep him around as a 3/4 CB along with Gaitor, but Biggers just gets abused by bigger WRs.

I'd take Janoris Jenkins in a heartbeat as well, but as long as we evaluate him carefully. His character is still a question mark, although skipping out on the Supplemental Draft and enrolling into a D1 AA school is a step towards maturity improvement for Jenkins.
Biggers is his 2nd year and is doing a passable job. It's unfair to make a concrete judgment already. Atlanta targeted him a ton covering Roddy to the tune of a 50-60 passer rating. He didn't play the ball well on that one Wayne catch but overall played well that game. You can't expect perfection from a CB.

Again...Janoris Jenkins is a huge upgrade because to me he's a top 5 corner in the making. Anyone else...not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
If there is one weakness on our team I can see its SPEED on offense. Not saying we need to go reach for some fast guy that can't play ball. But I would love if we have a J Ford or someone like him that could take the top off of a D.
I've been begging for that kind of speed for a while. I'm sure I talked about Ford 2-3 times at least on this team board...I was dying to have him. Coaches and front office types are too stubborn...we'll probably draft another plodding Stroughter type like James Rodgers. Our slots and return guys are the slowest in the league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quick Mini Mock draft:

1st ROund: Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska: as of right now, where we're picking, we'll miss outo n Gilmore, RHodes, Kirkpatrick, Claiborn and possibly Jenkins. Rah loved Dennard when scouting Prince, and Dennard is a phyiscall CB who can jam WRs at the line and excel in man and zone. Isn't afraid to tackle as well.

2nd ROund: Chris Polk RB Washington (JR): We need to get Blount a complimentary RB and Polk is 5'11 220 and brings a physical presence, but has a burst as well who can hit the home run if he gets in the open field. Think Matt Forte. Comparison is there.

3rd round: Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma: Seems to be slipping because of the injury and being 24 years old already, but there's no denying that we need an OLB, as Hayes can't get off blocks and is inconsistant. Lewis might be a steal here, as his skill set and ability to make plays are vastly underrated right now. Might move up, but that's why this is a premature mock draft.

4th Round: No Pick, trade to Philadelphia for Luke Stocker.

5th Round: D'anton Lynn CB/FS Penn State: Has great ball skills and is a very good open field tackler. However, doesn't have the hips nor speed to play CB at the next level. However, translates very well as a FS prospect and Penn State DBs don't really get drafted high. Can Rah do with Lynn what Kiffin did with Tanard? Same skill set, only Lynn doesn't have the Big hit/lay the wood ability, but takes good angles and sound tackelr.

6th ROund: Jarius Wright WR Arkansas: Burner, could help out in the return game. Possibly add some speed on offense as well.

7th: Marcel Jones OT Nebraska: Depth to our o-line.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quick Mini Mock draft:

1st ROund: Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska: as of right now, where we're picking, we'll miss outo n Gilmore, RHodes, Kirkpatrick, Claiborn and possibly Jenkins. Rah loved Dennard when scouting Prince, and Dennard is a phyiscall CB who can jam WRs at the line and excel in man and zone. Isn't afraid to tackle as well.

2nd ROund: Chris Polk RB Washington (JR): We need to get Blount a complimentary RB and Polk is 5'11 220 and brings a physical presence, but has a burst as well who can hit the home run if he gets in the open field. Think Matt Forte. Comparison is there.

3rd round: Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma: Seems to be slipping because of the injury and being 24 years old already, but there's no denying that we need an OLB, as Hayes can't get off blocks and is inconsistant. Lewis might be a steal here, as his skill set and ability to make plays are vastly underrated right now. Might move up, but that's why this is a premature mock draft.

4th Round: No Pick, trade to Philadelphia for Luke Stocker.

5th Round: D'anton Lynn CB/FS Penn State: Has great ball skills and is a very good open field tackler. However, doesn't have the hips nor speed to play CB at the next level. However, translates very well as a FS prospect and Penn State DBs don't really get drafted high. Can Rah do with Lynn what Kiffin did with Tanard? Same skill set, only Lynn doesn't have the Big hit/lay the wood ability, but takes good angles and sound tackelr.

6th ROund: Jarius Wright WR Arkansas: Burner, could help out in the return game. Possibly add some speed on offense as well.

7th: Marcel Jones OT Nebraska: Depth to our o-line.
I don't like this mock one bit...

I've already voiced my thoughts on Dennard so I won't repeat that. Rhodes isn't a 1st rounder either imo because of a lack of speed. He may still return to FSU...he's only a Sophomore.

I like the idea of taking a RB in the 2nd but not anyone that's even close to 220 lbs. We have an obvious lack of playmakers on offense and no one that threatens a defense. Graham is wide open on those shotgun pass plays because defenses know he won't get more than 8 yards. This is making it difficult to get the ball to our wideouts, and Winslow. I want LMJ, Ellington, Hillman, Graham, Edwin Baker, one of the TAMU RBs, etc. Polk is legit but he's not for us.

I don't like Lewis and never have. He has a small frame and isn't as explosive as Hayes. He gets a lot of tackles but he doesn't make many impact plays. I wanna replace Hayes but ideally Watson is the guy. If we do draft someone I'd like it to be a 1st/2nd rounder like Kuechly, Te'o. Skov, Jonathan Bostic, etc. Later in the season I might identify some mid-round LBs that I like, but Lewis, Sean Spence and Lavonte David aren't high on my list right now.\

Lynn sounds like another Myron Lewis...why bother?

The last 2 picks make sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-08-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't like this mock one bit...

I've already voiced my thoughts on Dennard so I won't repeat that. Rhodes isn't a 1st rounder either imo because of a lack of speed. He may still return to FSU...he's only a Sophomore.

I like the idea of taking a RB in the 2nd but not anyone that's even close to 220 lbs. We have an obvious lack of playmakers on offense and no one that threatens a defense. Graham is wide open on those shotgun pass plays because defenses know he won't get more than 8 yards. This is making it difficult to get the ball to our wideouts, and Winslow. I want LMJ, Ellington, Hillman, Graham, Edwin Baker, one of the TAMU RBs, etc. Polk is legit but he's not for us.

I don't like Lewis and never have. He has a small frame and isn't as explosive as Hayes. He gets a lot of tackles but he doesn't make many impact plays. I wanna replace Hayes but ideally Watson is the guy. If we do draft someone I'd like it to be a 1st/2nd rounder like Kuechly, Te'o. Skov, Jonathan Bostic, etc. Later in the season I might identify some mid-round LBs that I like, but Lewis, Sean Spence and Lavonte David aren't high on my list right now.\

Lynn sounds like another Myron Lewis...why bother?

The last 2 picks make sense.
The jury is still out on Myron Lewis, so I want to see what he can do when healthy and gets an opportunity.

Watch Lynn play. He reminds me of Tanard more than Lewis.

Also, watch film on Polk. He may be 220, but he's got 4.45 speed. And he's dangerous in the open field. Comparing him to Graham is absolutely terrible. I look at Polk and I see Matt Forte, very very similar.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The jury is still out on Myron Lewis, so I want to see what he can do when healthy and gets an opportunity.

Watch Lynn play. He reminds me of Tanard more than Lewis.

Also, watch film on Polk. He may be 220, but he's got 4.45 speed. And he's dangerous in the open field. Comparing him to Graham is absolutely terrible. I look at Polk and I see Matt Forte, very very similar.
I've seen Polk live and I just watched his iso film and it's exactly what I expected. He's a big, plodding style of runner with good feet. Most of his broken tackles are from physical running, not elusiveness. He's similar to Forte but not as elusive. He looks like a rich man's Lumpkin and I just explained how that's exactly what I don't want. I mentioned Graham because it's an example of how we need a RB that makes defenses honest in zone coverage so they can't drop 7 deep. Polk isn't enough of a dynamic runner to be dangerous in the open field and do that for us. Few are at 220 lbs. which is why I want a player that's closer to the 200 range.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

ETK, no offense, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Chris Polk being compared to the likes of Lumpkin and Graham.

Polk may be a big physical back, but he can bring an explosive game to our offense. I haven't even once seen Raheem mention we need a smaller speed back. Look at Pittsburgh. He's made our offense a lot like theres. A phyiscal wear down defenses with a running game type offense. Polk compares to Matt Forte a lot.

Honestly, if we go CB in round 1, it's either Claibron from LSU, Dennard from Nebraska, or Jenkins from N. Alabama. I know you hate Dennard, but the guy is a physical CB that plays great in man, and that is what we're playing now a days.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Prospects to keep an eye on. With our problems at WR, I wouldn't be opposed if 1 came to us in round 1.

BIGGEST NEEDS:

1. CB

- Morris Claiborn is a guy I would love for the Bucs to trade up for. He's got shutdown potential and great buy skills and can read and react very well.

- Alfonzo Dennard: Has been hurt , but is starting to get back to 100%. Really improved in the Ohio State game, as they didn't once look at his side of the field. He's got shutdown CB potential as well.

- Janoris Jenkins: Ball hawk. Has shut down guys like AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Alshon Jeffery, all top 10 WR picks and projected top 10 pick. Has some character issues that need to be answered,

RB:
- Trent Richardson: Only if there isn't a CB worth drafting. Dude can just wear defenses down. Only 1st round prospect, could be a top 10 pick.

- Chris Polk: Physical RB that can bring explosiveness as well if he gets into the 2nd level of the defense. Solid in the pass game as well.

- LaMichael James: Speed back who reminds me a bit of Jhavid Best, only a bit bigger. Can hit the homerun and be effective in the passing game.

- Rainey or Demps: both are speed backs who probably 1 of them can be drafted in the 5th/6th round. If you want a speed back as well, 1 of them could be had.

Safety: Even with Tanard back, SS is absolutely terrible.

- Mark Barron: Could be there in 3rd round. May not be an athletic Playmaker but he's got the instincts to be very good, especially in the run game.

- George Iloka: Probably one of my favorite Safety prospects. May not be spectacular, but he's another Solid Prospect who can start right away for the Bucs along side T-Jack.

- Antonio Allen: An underrated prospect that probably will be around in the 5th/6th round. He plays a LB position right now for S. Carolina, but is going to be a SS type player in the NFL.

The perfect scenario:

1st round: Alfonzon Dennard CB Nebraska
2nd round: Either James, RB Oregon or Chris Polk RB Washington (1 of them should and will probably be there).
3rd round: George Iloka SS Boise State
4th: No Pick
5th: AJ Jenkins WR Illinois
6th: David Molk C Michigan
7th: Nathan Stupar LB Penn State
Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Prospects to keep an eye on. With our problems at WR, I wouldn't be opposed if 1 came to us in round 1.

BIGGEST NEEDS:

1. CB

- Morris Claiborn is a guy I would love for the Bucs to trade up for. He's got shutdown potential and great buy skills and can read and react very well.

- Alfonzo Dennard: Has been hurt , but is starting to get back to 100%. Really improved in the Ohio State game, as they didn't once look at his side of the field. He's got shutdown CB potential as well.

- Janoris Jenkins: Ball hawk. Has shut down guys like AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Alshon Jeffery, all top 10 WR picks and projected top 10 pick. Has some character issues that need to be answered,

RB:
- Trent Richardson: Only if there isn't a CB worth drafting. Dude can just wear defenses down. Only 1st round prospect, could be a top 10 pick.

- Chris Polk: Physical RB that can bring explosiveness as well if he gets into the 2nd level of the defense. Solid in the pass game as well.

- LaMichael James: Speed back who reminds me a bit of Jhavid Best, only a bit bigger. Can hit the homerun and be effective in the passing game.

- Rainey or Demps: both are speed backs who probably 1 of them can be drafted in the 5th/6th round. If you want a speed back as well, 1 of them could be had.

Safety: Even with Tanard back, SS is absolutely terrible.

- Mark Barron: Could be there in 3rd round. May not be an athletic Playmaker but he's got the instincts to be very good, especially in the run game.

- George Iloka: Probably one of my favorite Safety prospects. May not be spectacular, but he's another Solid Prospect who can start right away for the Bucs along side T-Jack.

- Antonio Allen: An underrated prospect that probably will be around in the 5th/6th round. He plays a LB position right now for S. Carolina, but is going to be a SS type player in the NFL.

The perfect scenario:

1st round: Alfonzon Dennard CB Nebraska
2nd round: Either James, RB Oregon or Chris Polk RB Washington (1 of them should and will probably be there).
3rd round: George Iloka SS Boise State
4th: No Pick
5th: AJ Jenkins WR Illinois
6th: David Molk C Michigan
7th: Nathan Stupar LB Penn State
Dude I was just coming to say how I wish we could draft Morris Claiborne before I saw this.

Talib is the worst, gives up bombs and has now forgot how to tackle someone. That swing pass yesterday just shows. I wouldn't give him a cent if I were the Bucs.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno what happened to Talib. Sure last season he let some long passes against him, but he showed some shutdown skill combined with great playmaking abilities and solid tackling. Then, he was pretty good at the beginning of the season but since the Colts game, he's just terrible.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

My Updated Mid season Mock draft and FA:

Free Agency:

Resignings:
- Michael Bennett
- Jeremy Zuttah
- Adam Heyward (depth/SPecial teams)

FA:
-WR Robert Meachum
- OT Anthony Collins
- OG Chilo Rachel
- CB Terrell Thomas
- SS Tyvon Branch

DRAFT:
1st Round: WR Michael Floyd Notre Date
- The more I watch him, the more he reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald. Isn't afraid to go up and outleap defenders. Has excellent hands and can take short passes and make plays out of them. Freeman would love throwing to this kid.

2nd Round: Chris Polk RB Washington
- Depending on how High our draft pick is, I think we need a compliment behind Blount. Polk reminds me of Forte in several ways. Although I wanted Lamar Miller, I think we just miss out on him. Polk is an all around back that can be physical and take it to the house if he gets a hole.

3rd Round: Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College
- Very underrated prospect that can be a solid number 2/nickel back. We sign Thomas from NYG and keep Talib. I like our depth with Anthony Gaitor, who's got some real potential and Biggers or Mack can be 4th/5th CBs. Fletcher could challege the 2nd/3rd CB role right away. I compare him to a similar play of Brandon Flowers.

5th Round: Michael Kendricks OLB California- We have to draft to the class' strength early in my opinion instead of reaching for need. Kendricks could compete for an OLB spot in the future, but get depth here. He's played ILB in Cal's 3-4, but projects to be a WLB in the 4-3. He's got solid speed but is physical in the run defense. I think we look to add a OLB in FA, but he's a nice developmental prospect.

6th: Robert Golden CB Arizona: = You can never have enough DBs. With Talib's trial, add some depth here.

7th Round: Josh Ogelsby T Wisconsin- Solid backup OT here to provide our oline with much needed depth.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I don't think we'll have a shot at Morris Claiborne

But I'm looking at Dre Kirkpatrick or Alfonzo Dennard would like them.

At LB Luke Kuechly, Ronnell Lewis, Kevin Reddick and Zach Brown