Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've run a crapload of plays just like phlysac posted, very disappointing. Our guys get no short-area separation either.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** it, why hasn't Harbaugh brought Lombardi number 6 home with five weeks of camp and three games under his belt?

That should be enough time to overcome years of poor coaching, instability and general ineptitude.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get what your saying Rab, but play-calling and play development have nothing to do with the short time span. I understand the O-Line is hindering Roman somewhat but still, creativity on the offensive end could help alot of our woes, especially in the run game. Im sure they have taught enough of the playbook to stop going back to the horrid dive up the middle, every other running play.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Im going to pause on the negativity for a moment, I want to give props to two players in the front seven that I didn't show alot of faith in when their predecessors left via free agency. Sopoaga and Bowman have been playing at a Pro Bowl levels. Bowman I thought wasn't quite ready to be a starter but man, was I wrong. The guy has been EVERYWHERE. Playing next to Willis would help anyone but he is defintely talented and it shows up on gameday. We need to lock this guy, ASAP. I've always been critical of Sopoaga's play but he's been so stout in the middle, he's made Franklin a distant memory. Centers and Guards cant get any push in the run game with him there. Stellar play from both men. And with Brooks and McDonald looking like the players I knew they could be, our front seven has defintely been something to smile about early on.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea why it was so hard to get players with more pass rush ability like MacDonald and Brooks on the field more at the risk of giving up a few yards in the run game. It's a passing league and leaving pass rush help on the bench was pretty foolish.

Bowman should start making some big plays with the effort he puts in. If our secondary improves watch for Bowman and Willis to get more blitzes. Haralson is even playing better away from the LOS and Brooks just about killed his first ginger.

Stone hands Rogers came up with a rare pick which was nice to see. Smith helped seal the deal with a nice diving effort.

The offense is just brutal. They aren't doing anything until the o-line starts working together and then they are extremely limited with the wideouts. It was nice to see Hunter run outside the guards. Wasn't sure that really happened or the fullback being used as an outlet either. This may help in future weeks. The offense seems to have a safe, boring implementation that is going to be very limited without upgrades in play and talent.

People need to remember that Morgan and Crabtree don't exactly strike fear in the hearts of corners when they know the pass rush is usually on Smith when he plants on three and before he plants on five. It's a pretty easy Sunday for those guys.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
I have no idea why it was so hard to get players with more pass rush ability like MacDonald and Brooks on the field more at the risk of giving up a few yards in the run game. It's a passing league and leaving pass rush help on the bench was pretty foolish.
Brooks and McDonald have played nearly every defensive snap this season. I'm not sure what you're insinuating.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Brooks and McDonald have played nearly every defensive snap this season. I'm not sure what you're insinuating.
I was talking about previous seasons. It seemed like talent was often left on the sideline or even inactive for the purpose of doing the same thing over and over again without success thinking results would magically change.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Well to be fair, both McDonald and Brooks were in the nickel package all last year. What's the difference is in the base personel. We essential had two NTs on the field with Franklin and Ice. Little pass-rush with those two on the field when we weren't in the nickel. And Brooks on the field instead of Lawson helps too, though now we have no one who we can match-up with TEs.

And the problem isn't who's running the routes, but the routes their running. That's been my point.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-28-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick is playing. I hope Brooks and company rock his ass.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers at Eagles gameday thread is up!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that hasn't been discussed much is the strong play of Bowman on D. He's among the league leaders in tackles, even ahead of Willis. Maiocco noted on his blog that the coaching staff has even confused the two briefly on tape as they were both flying around, making plays. Takeo was a great player and leader but Bowman looks to be breaking out, teaming up with Willis to create a dominant ILB team for years to come. He's the pick in the questionable "Sing" draft that is making a big impact right now, though I believe Iupati will still figure it out soon and be a road-grader.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be interesting to see how other teams adjust to having Willis and Bowman on the field.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Random things:

NaVorro Bowman and Ray McDonald have been amazing this year. Hard to believe everyone (me included) was upset at losing Franklin and Spikes when these two look like big improvements.

Hopefully Justin Smith gets some recognition after that play. There isn't a 3-4 DE in the NFL I would take over him right now but he never has gotten the credit he deserves since he's never been on a good team.

I know the Eagles pass rush is really good but Jason Babin getting 3 sacks is still ridiculous. Line has to improve but they did bully the Eagles around running the ball (not hard though).

We're still a corner away. I like the play of the secondary in general but we have no one to hang with someone like DeSean Jackson. Annoying to see him simply win sprints whenever he wanted. Surprised Culliver didn't make an appearance.

I'm still excited to see what the offense looks like when Braylon and Crabtree are healthy. Together with Josh Morgan, Vernon, and Walker I really like the receivers.

Going from Singletary to Harbaugh is even better than I thought. Simply having a game plan and being able to make adjustments is a massive improvement. Alex said the locker room had no panic and everyone simply worked to correct the mistakes. Last year I can't help but feel this team would have lost by a score of around 45-17.

Did the Eagles blow it? Yeah, of course. Still, the 49ers did a great job of taking the game. Plays like Justin Smith's fumble is the team working for the win.

Here are some highlights. The Eagles tackling is atrocious no one wraps up. Loved Crabtree toasting Nnamdi on that move and breaking his tackle twice. Asante Samuel's effort on the Josh Morgan TD is pathetic.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Random things:

NaVorro Bowman and Ray McDonald have been amazing this year. Hard to believe everyone (me included) was upset at losing Franklin and Spikes when these two look like big improvements.

Hopefully Justin Smith gets some recognition after that play. There isn't a 3-4 DE in the NFL I would take over him right now but he never has gotten the credit he deserves since he's never been on a good team.

I know the Eagles pass rush is really good but Jason Babin getting 3 sacks is still ridiculous. Line has to improve but they did bully the Eagles around running the ball (not hard though).

We're still a corner away. I like the play of the secondary in general but we have no one to hang with someone like DeSean Jackson. Annoying to see him simply win sprints whenever he wanted. Surprised Culliver didn't make an appearance.

I'm still excited to see what the offense looks like when Braylon and Crabtree are healthy. Together with Josh Morgan, Vernon, and Walker I really like the receivers.

Going from Singletary to Harbaugh is even better than I thought. Simply having a game plan and being able to make adjustments is a massive improvement. Alex said the locker room had no panic and everyone simply worked to correct the mistakes. Last year I can't help but feel this team would have lost by a score of around 45-17.

Did the Eagles blow it? Yeah, of course. Still, the 49ers did a great job of taking the game. Plays like Justin Smith's fumble is the team working for the win.
Bowman has been ******* amazing thus far. Every play, he's there. He's a sideline to sideline type player and I wasnt concerned about losing Spikes whatsoever. Franklin, on the other hand, I was but Sopoaga has played well at NT and McDonald has earned that contract and starting spot. My one negative is that they should have had Vick sacked a few more times but let him get away. They need to just hold him up and allow other defenders to come in and make the gang tackle sack. Too many times, it seemed like they were trying to just get an arm on Vick and thats not going to do it. He's too athletic for that.

Smith is awesome and our second best defensive player after Willis. His forced fumble at the end was an awesome veteran play that sealed the win for us.

OL wise, we're still average at best and need to improve.

WR wise, they can be a good or better group but only if the OL gives Smith time.

Gore was solid finally but Hunter is a beast. I love that guy. Note to Harbaugh though - run outside more because they do work. I dont like seeing run up the middle every time there's a run play. Need to do pitches, tosses, sweeps, etc. to the outside because the plays are there for the taking.

Agree about CB/DB area but at the same time, Jackson was being allowed to run straight from the LOS into zone coverage with no one around him. Any WR with speed can do that. I hate zone coverage because the receivers arent beating the defenders. They're beating the open space in between defenders. Fangio needs to be more aggressive at the LOS. Let the CB's put pressure on the WR's at the LOS and do some bump and run instead of letting the receivers run free off the LOS.

Harbaugh is easily better than Singletary and Nolan but he still has areas to improve in and in time, he will.

And credit to Alex Smith to playing the best second half of his career and best game he's had since hmmmm, well, ever. LOL. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well last time I was reading through here it seemed pretty negative. You guys are 3-1, the 1 loss was an OT game you should have won, with a 2 game lead in the division. You guys are looking at the playoffs at least, Alex Smith will depend on how far you go.

I've heard great things about Bowman all over. Even 1 of the Eagles beat writers was on Mike & Mike earlier singing his praises saying more people should know who he is. I have to keep an eye on him more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Crabtree looked pretty good, huh? Was he on the field for the majority of snaps?

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowman is playing out of his mind and arguably better than Patrick Willis. Now it looks like we're going to have two Pro Bowl type of linebackers in the middle. And Brooks and Aldon Smith are the best OLB we've had since Julian Peterson was actually doing something. This is the first time in a while where something "on paper" actually turned out to be as good as hoped.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Bowman is playing out of his mind and arguably better than Patrick Willis. Now it looks like we're going to have two Pro Bowl type of linebackers in the middle. And Brooks and Aldon Smith are the best OLB we've had since Julian Peterson was actually doing something. This is the first time in a while where something "on paper" actually turned out to be as good as hoped.
I'll go ahead and say it, Bowman IS playing better than Patrick Willis. Not only is he almost as fast sideline-to-sideline, he attacks the line of scrimmage as good, and he rushed the passer BETTER...dude is looking like a monster.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah guys... Wanna feel pumped about the present and future...

Listen to Sal Paolantonio on Mike and Mike this morning discussing the Eagles game.

1st half of clip is Eagles, last chunk is 49ers (6:20) and WOW, was it positive.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7054115
Old 10-04-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Blount went buckwild on the Colts defense. I'd be surprised if we get slashed like that at home though. It's been over 24 games since we've let someone rush for over 100 yards.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

I'm giving myself one more day of overhyping this squad....but the Montana/Rice/Haley championship comparisons are wearing thing lol. niner fans are losing it.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching 49ers-Eagles, I'm beginning to think that Bowman and Willis are the best 3-4 ILB pairing in the entire NFL right now.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
After watching 49ers-Eagles, I'm beginning to think that Bowman and Willis are the best 3-4 ILB pairing in the entire NFL right now.
Continue to... Don't know many who really challenge, to be honest.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Continue to... Don't know many who really challenge, to be honest.
Yep, but it would be nice to pair them with a couple of the better pass rushing OLBs as well. Brooks has been playing all around well, but ot dominating like Bowman. Aldon Smith is showing the ability to get to the QB and awareness to bat down thrown balls as well. Only a matter of time until they want to start giving him more of Haralson's snaps, seeing if he can be effective in coverage as well.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Yep, but it would be nice to pair them with a couple of the better pass rushing OLBs as well. Brooks has been playing all around well, but ot dominating like Bowman. Aldon Smith is showing the ability to get to the QB and awareness to bat down thrown balls as well. Only a matter of time until they want to start giving him more of Haralson's snaps, seeing if he can be effective in coverage as well.
Give Brooks and Smith time, it's Brooks' first year as a starter and Smith is a rookie...both of them have extraordinary talent...Brooks has dominated some series by himself. Haralson is a reject, we need to get better there.

There are vids on the 49erswebzone of every niner snap from the eagles game. Three things stand out to me, and I hate to be negative: the routes are still incredibly simple; Alex still doesn't anticipate routes very well, he only throws it go guys who are open, there are opportunities there; Alex's throwin motion on shorter throws is compact and extremely quick, this is a huge improvment...his motion on longer throws is still a little lengthy and slow.