Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
I wish the SEC would stand pat at 12 teams but that dream is over....
You and me both. I've long held the belief that 12 teams is the perfect size for a conference.

Also, if Louisville, Cincy, and WVU leave the Big East then that league is officially dead. If that happens, I see TCU staying in the MWC and possibly BYU trying to re-join. Possibly.

If that happens the MWC would have 12 teams and would definitely receive AQ status.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Just like every early article about Texas A&M leaving for SEC was bad for both the SEC and TAMU? Imagine that.
It's amazing to me how many "little brother" stories they've written. Texas A&M isn't Texas, everyone gets that, but to think that the move was totally ego driven is so naive.

Not to mention, the extreme little brother in all of this, Baylor, has made almost no waves on ESPN.com.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USF President Judy Genshaft: Big East is not looking at any schools in same state as current league members

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-27-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rutgers really needs to get out of that horribly run conference. Please make a move soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
USF President Judy Genshaft: Big East is not looking at any schools in same state as current league members
I don't believe a word that woman says. She has it out for UCF. There are only two things that USF has that UCF does not. One was a medical school. She tried to stop UCF from getting a medical school and she failed. The other is a spot in a BCS conference. She'll probably fail at stopping UCF to the Big East.

If this is true, does it include Pittsburgh and Syracuse because that would eliminate Temple and Army, who I think would be high on their list of schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't believe a word that woman says. She has it out for UCF. There are only two things that USF has that UCF does not. One was a medical school. She tried to stop UCF from getting a medical school and she failed. The other is a spot in a BCS conference. She'll probably fail at stopping UCF to the Big East.

If this is true, does it include Pittsburgh and Syracuse because that would eliminate Temple and Army, who I think would be high on their list of schools.
If she wants to include TCU then that rules out Houston, Rice, and SMU which would be absolutely moronic.

All that leaves room for is Navy, ECU, Umass, Memphis, Tulsa. Yeah, that's intimidating.

The last thing the Big East needs to do is limiting their options right now.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-29-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Several reports are circulating that BYU has accepted a Big12 invite and that the conference is also in discussions with several Big East teams

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's about as solid of a pickup as they can get in this situation.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BYU is a pretty good one. WVU makes a lot of sense as well. Adding those two and then a team like Louisvlle could keep the Big 12 stable for a few more years.

Definitely results in the complete collapse ofmthe Big East and ruins Cincy and South Floridas programs.

ESPN says SEC will not be at 13 teams for long. Itll be interesting to see where they steal a team from. Someone from the ACC or Big 12 could really shake things up again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 AM    (permalink
wraith
Rookie

wraith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.wraith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hitlers rant about the big east is hilarious. rutgers may end up in the b1g ten
wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West Virginia to the SEC is gaining steam all across the interwebs. Looks like it might be close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
West Virginia to the SEC is gaining steam all across the interwebs. Looks like it might be close.
I'm hearing the same thing. I think if Mizzou goes to the SEC then the SEC expands to 16 with WVU and probably Florida State. If Mizzou stays then SEC expands only to 14 with WVU.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-04-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah, I was told #WVUtoSEC was trending at one point on Twitter last night. Hoping for an announcement soon, but after all the drama so far with conference realignment this season, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes sense. They can't want to be at 13 teams and WVU would obviously love a way out of the Big East.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be a major fail on the SEC's part.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TCU reportedly going to ditch the Big East before the even join and go to the Big 12. Obvious move for them; the Big 12 may be a sinking ship, but it's one that provides a natural base and keeps them in Texas where all their recruits are.

The Big East is going to need a miracle to stay BCS eligible.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like TCU ditching the Big East has major implications of WVU getting out of there, too.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes sooooooooooooo much more sense for TCU. Texas in something called the Big East made no sense at all. The rugby team going to New Jersey is very happy. And it saves the Big 12 for now.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I feel like TCU ditching the Big East has major implications of WVU getting out of there, too.
That's assuming West Virginia has options. I'm sure if they could move, they would have already.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Rutgers needs to get the **** out of the big east is seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

How huge would it be if Jim Delaney came out from behind the curtain and invited Missouri, Notre Dame, UConn, and Rutgers to the Big Ten?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-06-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm sick of the waiting. I wish someone would just invite us already or I know we're going down on the sinking ship which is known as the Big East. I can't deal with this for another year or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I feel like WVU could end up a big victim of this and not get invited anywhere. They'd obviously take any invite they get, I'm just not sure theyll get one at this point.

Routers has to end up in the ACC or Big Ten I would think. Lots of money involved. I think the ACC is a better fit for them, I like the Big Ten at 12 unless it's someone like Notre Dame were talking about.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I feel like WVU could end up a big victim of this and not get invited anywhere. They'd obviously take any invite they get, I'm just not sure theyll get one at this point.

Routers has to end up in the ACC or Big Ten I would think. Lots of money involved. I think the ACC is a better fit for them, I like the Big Ten at 12 unless it's someone like Notre Dame were talking about.
And really, that would be the catalyst to expansion for the Big Ten. If Notre Dame feels they couldn't find a relevant home for their non-football sports then they might be forced to choose conference affiliation for all sports. The A10 or Big East basketball only without UConn, Pitt, and Syracuse is a far lesser product than with them.

If Notre Dame does decide to join the Big Ten soon, then the time would be ripe to offer Missouri, UConn, and Rutgers to become the first 16 team conference. If that happens, the Big Ten would win conference realignment by inviting those four teams along with Nebraska. They would have added 3 AAU institutions before Nebraska lost their AAU status, brought in two programs with national appeal (Nebraska, Notre Dame), brought in the St. Louis, Kansas City, New York/New Jersey television markets and expanding their overall appeal. The tv contract they could renegotiate would be enormous.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-07-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't be excited about getting UConn or Rutgers, but I'll take anyone if it means getting Notre Dame. They're the prize.