Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I'll stay away from most Paul Johnson OL. They aren't very well practiced in pass pro and it's just a whole different egg. Even presnap they are taught to get their chests down and drive into the opposition. It's almost as if every lineman is in a 4 point stance. I'd just be worried drafting a guy like OG Omoregie Uzzi and thinking he'd be able to play for us right away. Does Paul Johnson even have a single OL in the pro's? The double wingback is so successful because it doesn't take the biggest or most talented guys to get it done...it's very assignment based and doing your job. I'd put this right up there with drafting a d3 player. They have their place...but their college tape pretty much gets thrown out of the window because the stuff you see on tape isn't relevant to the stuff they are going to need to do in the nfl.
Sounds like sound advice. Uzzi is not a highly rated prospect. Maybe the 10th to 15th ranked Senior Guard. He piked my interest after I read about how much success they had running the ball and having our run blocking woes in consideration.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sounds like sound advice. Uzzi is not a highly rated prospect. Maybe the 10th to 15th ranked Senior Guard. He piked my interest after I read about how much success they had running the ball and having our run blocking woes in consideration.
Just to add on to my point since we are talking about georgia tech.

vs.

Look at the presnap sets. This is what I mean when I say a completely different egg.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Just to add on to my point since we are talking about georgia tech.

vs.

Look at the presnap sets. This is what I mean when I say a completely different egg.
Yeah, that's a pretty cool thing that you picked up on. I didn't realize the difference was so big. Paul Johnson is a pretty legendary coach, and I can see how he has so much success in running the ball with the way his OL drive off the snap. Pretty awesome. Almost like 2 defensive lines going at each other in attack mode.

As for Uzzi's play last Saturday...

Another ACC OL of the week award...

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN – Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech, OG, Jr., 6-3, 300, Lithonia, Ga.

Uzzi and the Yellow Jackets' offensive line helped Georgia Tech accumulate 312 rushing yards against a North Carolina defense that entered the game allowing just 77 yards rushing per offense. Tech did not allow a sack on Saturday en route to producing 496 yards of total offense. Uzzi had nearly 20 knockdowns on Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-of-the-week-9

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-26-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Week 1
CB Shaun Prater, Iowa - 5'10, 185
FS John Boyett, Oregon - 5'10 202
SS Winston Guy, Kentucky - 6'1, 216
ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College - 6'2, 237
FS Jerrell Young, USF - 6'1, 209

Week 2
DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina - 6'2, 276
SS Antonio Allen, South Carolina - 6'2, 201
FS Mark Barron, Alabama - 6'2 218
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama - 6'2, 192
CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama - 5'10, 182

Week 3
FS Javon Harris, Oklahoma - 5'11, 207
OG Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech - 6'3", 300
OG Barrett Jones, Alabama - 6'4 312

The Fab 5 - Week 4

QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor - 6'2, 220

It's early in the season and Griffin is already cementing a spot as one of the 4 finalist of the Heisman Award. Last week he threw 5 TD passes and ran for another leading Baylor to a 56-31 win over Rice. He went 29 of 33 for 338 yards, bringing his season total to 13 touchdowns... and guess what? He only has 12 incompletions on the year. He came into the game leading the nation in passing efficiency and third in total yards. Griffin ran for 51 yards and even punted once, on a quick kick.

CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt - 5'11, 188

The Vanderbilt defense gave Stephen Garcia fits this past weekend. Intercepting him 4 times. 2 of those INTs came at the hands of Casey Hayward. Giving him 12 INTs in his college career. It's a challenge for any CB to be matched up against Alshon Jeffery, so holding him to 2 catches for 34 yards and 0 TDs is a victory for Hayward even though his team lost.

FS Bacarri Rambo, Georgia - 6'0, 218*

WEEK 4 SEC OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE Award went to Georgia FS Bacarri Rambo. Bad boy is off to an outstanding season so far. Against Ole Miss, Rambo (gotta love the name) picked off 2 passes and also had 4 tackles and a pass deflection. Those 2 INTs give him 4 INTs in 4 games this season. Playmaker!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../bacarri-rambo

This guy is turning out to be more than just hype. Winning WEEK 4 SEC OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE by a CB, Kirkpatrick went to work finishing with six total tackles (all solos) with one for a loss (-3 yards) and three pass deflections against Arkansas. Listed at 6'2, 192 Dre has the size to match up against the tall talented WRs that seem to be infiltrating the NFL. I would love to scoop him up in Round 1 on draft day.

WEEK 4 SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK. Barrett is making a repeat performance on my Fab 5 list. I don't know if he'll keep playing this well all season long, so I'll give him the credit while he keeps earning it. Jones received the highest grade on the Alabama offensive line in the Crimson Tideís 38-14 win against Arkansas...He started at LT and then later in the game moved to RT. He has started all four games at LT, but has also played center and guard this season... His versatility is sick. Even as a Center he's probably an NFL caliber starter. With Costa's woes this past week and the uncertainty of our young OGs, Barrett Jones needs to be a Cowboys. Alabama is second in the SEC in rushing offense and total offense.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI, Stephen Garcia is throwing to the opposite team. lol. I used to be a Garcia supporter, but he has fallen off completely. I feel bad for Alshon...Alshon can beat anyone that opposes him, but he doesnt even have a chance right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
FYI, Stephen Garcia is throwing to the opposite team. lol. I used to be a Garcia supporter, but he has fallen off completely. I feel bad for Alshon...Alshon can beat anyone that opposes him, but he doesnt even have a chance right now.
You and others should do a weekly Fab 5 or something. It's fun. Plus, it'd be neat to look back and see the list of guys we went through during the season. Me just doing it by myself is not going to be as cool.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to make that pair from Alabama our 1st and 2nd rounders! You think Jones will be around in the 2nd?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ingram and Allen coming up big as always.

Ingram is killing it right now. 6 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT early in the 3rd quarter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-03-2011, 02:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ingram on your list again, D? lol

Look at the statline this week...

9 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, an INT, a fumble recovery for a TD.

Insane. I've always been on board with potentially taking Ingram. But yeah, I'm def. seeing it being a much better fit than I even initially assumed. Rob Ryan likes our OLB to play DE in nickel packages, and Vic Butler even plays DT sometimes. I mean, Ingram would be the perfect player for him. Stand up at OLB on the early downs, and then just turn him loose at DE/DT in those nickel passing situations.

Spencer is doing a fine job this year...but if you want an OLB, this is the guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Ingram on your list again, D? lol

Look at the statline this week...

9 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, an INT, a fumble recovery for a TD.

Insane. I've always been on board with potentially taking Ingram. But yeah, I'm def. seeing it being a much better fit than I even initially assumed. Rob Ryan likes our OLB to play DE in nickel packages, and Vic Butler even plays DT sometimes. I mean, Ingram would be the perfect player for him. Stand up at OLB on the early downs, and then just turn him loose at DE/DT in those nickel passing situations.

Spencer is doing a fine job this year...but if you want an OLB, this is the guy.
Honestly... the way it's lookin'... Rob is gonna earn himself a HC job that he's always wanted. Dude even wore a suit after the game. He's not gonna be here long guys. I just hope he doesn't go to Philly when Reid gets fired. We stole him away from them this past offseason for the DC job, but if they give him the HC job, it's gonna suck.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Week 1
CB Shaun Prater, Iowa - 5'10, 185
FS John Boyett, Oregon - 5'10 202
SS Winston Guy, Kentucky - 6'1, 216
FS Jerrell Young, USF - 6'1, 209

Week 2
FS Mark Barron, Alabama - 6'2 218

Week 3
FS Javon Harris, Oklahoma - 5'11, 207
OG Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech - 6'3", 300

Week 4
QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor - 6'2, 220*
CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt - 5'11, 188
FS Bacarri Rambo, Georgia - 6'0, 218*
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama - 6'2, 192*
OG Barrett Jones, Alabama - 6'4 312*

The Fab 5 - Week 5

Matt Barkley, USC - 6'2, 220*

WEEK 5 PAC-12 OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Matt Barkley broke 2 USC records in the 48-41 win over Arizona. He completed 82% of his passes (32-of-39) for a game record 468 yards with four touchdowns, while also running for a short score. His 470 yards of total offense was also a single-game record. Both records belonged to Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer. Currently, Barkley ranks fifth on USCís career lists for passing (579 completions) and total offense (7,063 yards).

With the way Romo is these days, trading up to get Barkley might make a lot of sense.

Another week, another outstanding performance by Antonio Allen, who's quickly becoming one of my favorites here in the Fab 5 report. He won the SEC OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE award for his game against Auburn where he finished with a game-high 13 total tackles, including nine solos, with three for losses, an interception and a quarterback pressure against Auburn. That's CRAZY production! We have a spot for you in Dallas Antonio!

FS TJ McDonald, USC - 6'2, 205*

The Trojans have a storied history of sending talented defensive backs into the NFL, and McDonald is next in line. Against Arizona he came away with a pair of drive-killing interceptions in the first quarter and broke up a third pass. McDonald also added six tackles to his tally. His cover skills are good enough that he can be relied upon to play over the slot receiver, and he displays a large degree of toughness against the run. McDonald is easily the most complete next-level secondary prospect from USC since Troy Polamalu.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1Zqx5rsKa

GULF SOUTH SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: North Alabama return specialist Janoris Jenkins (SR, 5-10, 183, Pahokee, FL)., earns his second honor of the season, rolling up 123 yards on three total returns in UNAís 42-14 road win over Southern Arkansas. The senior returned one kickoff for 13 yards and added 110 yards on two punt returns led by an 89-yard touchdown in the third quarter. His return gave the Lions their first lead of the contest, 21-14, with 10:29 left in the third quarter. Jenkinsí scoring return was also his second of the season and was also the second-longest in school history. The Pahokee, FL native did not stop there, blocking a SAU field goal attempt with 13 minutes left in the game.

WEEK 5 SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Ingram recorded 11 total tackles, including eight solo stops. He also had 4.5 tackles for loss (-21 yards), including a career-best three sacks (-20 yards). Ingram also collected an interception and two quarterback hurries against the Tigers. The Gamecock defense limited Auburn to just 3.9 yards per play in the contest and 18 points below their seasonís scoring average. Ingram is now the SECís leader in sacks (5.5) and tackles for loss (7.5) this season.

The only thing holding him back from me really loving him is that OLB isn't one of our bigger needs. But these kinds of performances force me to put him here. :D
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Since my Fab 5 report looked a little boring with a lot of the same guys... can't help it, they've been damn good.... I decided to do another kind of report...

The Radar 5. 5 guys who should be on our radar due our needs. There won't be any clear 1st rounders from Senior class on this list, but I may throw in some lower tier nitch players or some highly touted Juniors who may or may not declare. Just because I think we should get to know them even though they may not have a "Fab 5" type of week.

With no further adieu...

The Radar 5 - Week 5

RB Brandon Bolden, Ole Miss - 5'11, 221
Draft Projection: Round 5-7

Bolden suffered a slight fracture against BYU, so he's missed a couple games, but he came back last week in limited action and still ran for 2 TDs. He's one of the bigger backs in this draft class so that's what piked my interest in him initially. Looks like he could be a nice compliment to our stable of finesse backs.

OG Brandon Washington, Miami - 6'4, 320*
Draft Projection: Round 2-4

OGs hardly get a lot of hype as prospects but I think his name deserves mention since we have a need there. He's only a junior but I think that there's a possibility he comes out because the senior crop of OGs is kind of weak. Plus, we know these Miaimi guys only have 1 thing on their mind and it's all about getting to the league. Washington has tremendous power, ideal size and is starting to get versatility as Miami started playing him at RT and LT this year.

C Peter Konz, Wisconsin - 6'5, 315*
Draft Projection: Round 1-3

With Jason Garrett's close ties to Wisconsin OC, Paul Chryst (who I would love to have as our own OC), I think Konz has to be on our radar if Costa doesn't pan out. Garrett probably got the inside track on Nagy from Chryst, so if Konz declares, we could find ourselves shopping for this guy who is considered by some the best OC prospect in college football.

CB Desmond Trufant, Washington - 6'0, 185*
Draft Projection: Round 2-4

Trufant is quietly leading the NCAA in passed defended at 10 (by himself - no ties) while also collecting 2 interceptions. In watching some of the UW/Utah game, Trufant immediately jumped out as an impact player for the Huskies defense who was very stingy against the Utes offense. Here's a guy who I think may not get the hype of some others but could very well end up being one of the most steady and consistent pros. ...granted he declares. Ok ok.. no more Junior prospects.

OG Lucas Nix, Pittsburgh - 6'5, 310
Draft Projection: Round 2

Nix got banged up last Saturday and there was some concern that he might miss a lot of time this season, but apparently his injury is not as bad as initially feared. It would've been too bad for the Senior Guard who looks like one of the better Guard prospects available. Pitt is known to send tough gritty OL to the NFL, and I remember Parcells speaking very highly of their OL coach. Nix is a guy to keep an eye on.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devon Still is my guy, I've watched PSU and him specifically each week and he's just a stud up front. So quick off the snap, great hand usage, powerful... he just looks like the total package. They're playing Iowa this weekend, and even though he played great against Bama, I'd like to see him do it against another good OLine. It'll be a good matchup.

I'd love to get him in the 2nd, but if he keeps up his current pace he could easily go in the 1st. Big men who can move like that don't stick around long on draft day.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Devon Still is my guy, I've watched PSU and him specifically each week and he's just a stud up front. So quick off the snap, great hand usage, powerful... he just looks like the total package. They're playing Iowa this weekend, and even though he played great against Bama, I'd like to see him do it against another good OLine. It'll be a good matchup.

I'd love to get him in the 2nd, but if he keeps up his current pace he could easily go in the 1st. Big men who can move like that don't stick around long on draft day.

I know each player is different, but Penn State DL like Florida WR make me think twice and be extra careful.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB James Vandenberg, Iowa JR
6-3 212

Named Big 10 Player of the week after he led Iowa to an impressive 4th Quarter comeback over Pitt. Iowa was down 24-3 with 3:11 left in the 3rd, Vandenberg got hot and threw for 3 TDs in the 4th.

If don't know if he's gonna come out this year or next, but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. He's got some wheels too.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know each player is different, but Penn State DL like Florida WR make me think twice and be extra careful.
I'm not one to downgrade a player just because his school has produced some busts in the past. Tamba Hali has turned into a pretty darn good player in the pros and the jury is still out on Jared Odrick. If there was something you wanted to be cautious about with Still it would be the injuries IMO.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our priorites in next draft need to be DL, CB/DB and interior OL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not one to downgrade a player just because his school has produced some busts in the past. Tamba Hali has turned into a pretty darn good player in the pros and the jury is still out on Jared Odrick. If there was something you wanted to be cautious about with Still it would be the injuries IMO.
We. Are. Penn. State.

Hahaha the other major thing with Still is the fact he plays off balance. So he dominants one play and the next he's on the ground. Intrigued but I'm not sure I bite early with him.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I can't say that I'm all that impressed just yet. He seems to have the measurables and looks strong as an ox, but he seems to get easily taken out of plays and is often a step too slow. Lacks of explosion. I see some reasons to be cautious about him, but maybe his measurables will get him Round 1 consideration.

I haven't been checking out too many DL yet. Especially high profile prospects. Between giving Spears that ugly contract, the emergence of Hatcher, the steady play of Coleman and Liss seemingly doing ok so far (verdict still out, imo)...and our other stressing needs, I just don't see us using anything higher than a Round 4 pick on a DL.

I'd like to see you guys come up with some of your own trackers like I do. Doesn't have to be like mine, but anything to track the interest of the players you like. It's good to enlighten each other, I think. You've been doing a good job Finisher, but I think we can get more out of the posters we have here.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think our priorites in next draft need to be DL, CB/DB and interior OL.
I'd put it like this...

Must haves: OG, CB, S

Want to haves: QB, OLB (if we don't resign Spencer), NT

Like to haves: Punishing RB, TE (Bennett replacement), OC
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd put it like this...

Must haves: OG, CB, S

Want to haves: QB, OLB (if we don't resign Spencer), NT

Like to haves: Punishing RB, TE (Bennett replacement), OC
I agree with your priorities here.

I noticed on a 2012 FA list that M. Griffin is free next off season. My guess is that we try to lock up one of Elam or Sensy for another year or two and probably draft someone, but wonder what you guys think if we could land Griffin and say extend Sensy?

That would free us up to go CB with our first pick, say Dennard or Gilmore.

Our DBs would be Scandrick, Jenkins, Rookie above, Sensy & Griffin...

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 10-07-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I agree with your priorities here.

I noticed on a 2012 FA list that M. Griffin is free next off season. My guess is that we try to lock up one of Elam or Sensy for another year or two and probably draft someone, but wonder what you guys think if we could land Griffin and say extend Sensy?

That would free us up to go CB with our first pick, say Dennard or Gilmore.

Our DBs would be Scandrick, Jenkins, Rookie above, Sensy & Griffin...
I saw that Griffin was available too and YES, I'd be all for him. I wonder if Laron Landry ever hits FA? lol. Dreamin'...

Ben Grubbs and Carl Nicks are 2 OGs that could hit FA. I don't think they'd be franchised if their teams are forced to use the tag on Ray Rice and Drew Brees. That would be ideal for us to land a top NFL ready OG.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I can't say that I'm all that impressed just yet. He seems to have the measurables and looks strong as an ox, but he seems to get easily taken out of plays and is often a step too slow. Lacks of explosion. I see some reasons to be cautious about him, but maybe his measurables will get him Round 1 consideration.
FWIW that vid is from last season and he's a much improved player this year.

Russ Lande on Still a few days ago:

Quote:
Draft risers

Devon Still (6-5, 310), senior, DT, Penn State

Coming into the season, Still was thought to be a player who did not produce up to his talent level. So far in 2011, he has become a consistently productive defender. One reason why is an improved ability to use his hands to defeat blocks.

Against FCS teams Indiana, Temple and Alabama, Still displayed the ability to get into the backfield quickly and disrupt plays. Even though Alabamaís Trent Richardson ran through Penn State's defense for 111 yards, Still generally did his job well.

Still has convinced many scouts that he not only has the athleticism to thrive in a 4-3 scheme, but he can also be an anchor-type end in a 3-4. If Still continues to play at this level, we believe he would shine at the Senior Bowl and move up many draft boards. PROJECTED: Second round.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1a8xR7YMN
This has been the general consensus on him so far this season. He jumps out at you week in and week out, already has 8 TFLs on the year. I'd definitely recommend catching him against Iowa this weekend.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2nd round would be the highest we could afford to draft a DE and even then, that's really too expensive for us.

He's sounding like a 1st round guy... But would he come out if he had a 2nd round projection?

If our front 7 keeps playing like they have been, there's no need to draft a DE in the first 3 rounds. Hatcher finally looks the part. Coleman is solid. Spears just got an extension (even though I hate that). Lissemore is developing ok. I don't see Still being a realistic get for us.

Now NT is different. That could be...

Just my opinion.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this Casey Hayward guy.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote