Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Giants played in Yankee Stadium for quite some time. There is your affiliation.

I don't want to have to see the ugly word "Mets" every time I open this thread up. What a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
You, Jugs and I should take it up with the mods or Scott. What do you say guys?
It seems like a good idea to me. I think it is definently needed for various reasons.

I don't like the idea of Giants fans or any other teams fans bickering amongst each other because of their baseball teams differences.

Not to mention I can see these baseball threads taking away from the talk of what these team boards were designed for, which is about that particular teams (Giants, Colts, Chargers, whoever) discussion of draft needs/off-season needs, etc.

I mean, I know I don't want to see a 200 page Yankee and Mets thread in the Giants Team Board.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Now i have to post in the Giants board more...anyways does anybody else want to see how long smith sticks around(if he leaves early) i dont think he was ready and it wasnt smart to call him up to the MLB neverming put him in against Pujols
Old 04-02-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
Now i have to post in the Giants board more...anyways does anybody else want to see how long smith sticks around(if he leaves early) i dont think he was ready and it wasnt smart to call him up to the MLB neverming put him in against Pujols
ya i also want 2 see how long smith lasts and i thought it was really dumb to put him up against pujols
Old 04-02-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, at least it will be an oppurtunity to see that awesome Ali sig more often if they don't change the placement of the thread, haha.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you're going to surprised just how good this kid is.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you're going to surprised just how good this kid is.
Did Omar rush him? He didn't exactly light it up in AA last year. And Omar has always been very agressive with prospects. I think Smith will struggle hard at some point this year and have to get sent back down before he comes up again and sticks for good.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Did Omar rush him? He didn't exactly light it up in AA last year. And Omar has always been very agressive with prospects. I think Smith will struggle hard at some point this year and have to get sent back down before he comes up again and sticks for good.
Well, the one concern I have about him is the walk rate. All 3 of his pitches have movement, and it's not easy to locate them. But he shouldn't give up a lot of hits.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well, the one concern I have about him is the walk rate. All 3 of his pitches have movement, and it's not easy to locate them. But he shouldn't give up a lot of hits.
i know his stuff is reall good but it wasnt smart to put him in opening night against pujols......willie's one weakness has always seemed to bullpen management and it reared it's ugly head on saturday
Old 04-03-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I know isn't it awful? We need to get rid of them.
You wouln't have started to post here if it wasn't for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i know his stuff is reall good but it wasnt smart to put him in opening night against pujols......willie's one weakness has always seemed to bullpen management and it reared it's ugly head on saturday
I think Willie wanted to see what Smith would do in a sort of big spot as early as possible. Smith has great movement on his pitches and IU think he'll be solid in his role. It looks like he his stubborn and won't trust the movement on his pitches to induce some grounders. All in all Willie wanted to test him and with a 5 run lead he did.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Another nice W tonight, El Duque was excellent. The starters are gonna have to keep it up, cause behind Heilman and Wagner the pen looks like it could be quite shaky.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Do we have a 5th starter? For some reason I thought it was Pelfrey.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Do we have a 5th starter? For some reason I thought it was Pelfrey.
He is, optioned down to A for either another start or to delay another roster decision, not sure which, or both.

Could actually bite them in the ass in the long run if he doesn't have many options left.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Pelfrey is in the Minors because the Mets don't need a 5th starter right now.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm realy excited to see Maine pitch tonight. I think he is going to surprise some people around baseball this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

We really lucked out not having to face Wainwright this series.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree. Wainwright should have a pretty solid year dropping that curve on everyone. I'm suprised the Cards didn't have him as their #3 starter over Looper.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I agree. Wainwright should have a pretty solid year dropping that curve on everyone. I'm suprised the Cards didn't have him as their #3 starter over Looper.
O YES! WE'RE FACING LOOPER TONIGHT!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

2-0. Maine is looking great.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

If the starting pitching can even remotely resemble the first 2 and a half games this year this is going to be a tough team to beat.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

3 HRs so far...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

10-0 now.

Maine looked GREAT. He still needs a bit of work on locating his slider and changeup, but his fastball is VERY good.

Burgos is in. Interesting to see how he does.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This kid has ELECTRIC stuff. I hope he learns to control it.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

excellent game by john maine. i have a good feeling about this kid since last year. so far we gotta good start, we gotta keep it up
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote