Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Sopoga has the steph and could miss some time.

Quote:
The 49ers' injury report today included several new additions, including nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga who missed practice with a staph infection, according to a source
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...#ixzz1ZxpqgLHk

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 10-05-2011 at 09:20 PM.
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gameday thread is up.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Continue to... Don't know many who really challenge, to be honest.
The Jets inside duo is pretty good, though Rex Ryan is running more of a 3-4 hybrid. And Mayo and Spikes in New England are legit as well. But I agree, right now, no one is balling like Bowman and Willis. And to think, we're actually playing two MIKE's esentially but its working marvelously with way Sopoaga has been keeping those guys clean behind him. The play of all three guys upfront is letting Willis and Bowman flow to the ball and come downhill. Ice, Cowboy and Ray Mac have been so disruptive, O-Lineman haven't been able to get to second level and key-in on Bowman and Willis.

And I don't think people are giving Brooks enough credit. While his off-sides penalties leave me fuming, he's done everything asked of him. Maybe his low sack total has people bummed but its more to playing the strong-side than just getting too the QB. He has set the edge beautifully and has done the dirty work when needed so guys like Ray Mac can get the stat. Great start by him so far.

I just wished Fangio were a little more blitz-happy when teams go empty backfield or mutpile WRs. We seemed to do a good job when he dials them up, just wished they were dialed up more often. Maybe when the secondary finally gets everyone healthy, he might be more inclined to.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post

I just wished Fangio were a little more blitz-happy when teams go empty backfield or mutpile WRs. We seemed to do a good job when he dials them up, just wished they were dialed up more often. Maybe when the secondary finally gets everyone healthy, he might be more inclined to.
I strongly believe that Harbaugh and Fangio have a plan to continue to dial it up and be more aggressive on bot h sides of the ball as the team shows them they're ready to take the next step. Baby steps.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I strongly believe that Harbaugh and Fangio have a plan to continue to dial it up and be more aggressive on bot h sides of the ball as the team shows them they're ready to take the next step. Baby steps.
Agree....

It feels good to know that we now have a staff in place where you feel like you have a legitmate shot to win each and every Sunday. I knew there was talent on this team. People were always saying we need go out and sign this Pro-Bowl player in free agency or that one. And sure we needed some upgrades in personel but I knew the core of this team was talented enough to play with anyone. Its amazing really what good coaching can do to the culture and perception of a group of athletes. Synder said after the game that they are playing at a perfect mixture of being focused on even the littliest of details of their respective position, but also just playing loose and having fun. That's probably the greatest compliment you can give the staff.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two previous posts made good points.

It is looking methodical with the implementation of new wrinkles from week to week. It's like math class where the coaches lay down foundations and build on them as the knowledge is in place.

The shortened pre-season and lack of camps really limited this new staff so they seem to be treating the regular season as an extension of pre-season and while still being successful by taking care of the football and forcing turnovers.

Not panicking into paying huge money for high priced free agents and instead building up a guy like Rogers has been huge. Building the blue collar, have each others' backs mentality is already paying off. We just have to see if it will be a long-term formula for success with the egos of millionaires.

Film room prep was so obvious this week. The db's knew what was coming all day long.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Agreed. It already seems that was see more and more of the offense every week, and it looks good. I think the same thing will soon be true for the defense. The players are just getting their feet wet in new systems and the coaching staff is being smart, haven't said that in years, in bringing them along slowly.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Not panicking into paying huge money for high priced free agents and instead building up a guy like Rogers has been huge. Building the blue collar, have each others' backs mentality is already paying off. We just have to see if it will be a long-term formula for success with the egos of millionaires.
Baalke is making a lot of people eat crow from the offseason. Instead of blowing our wad on Nnamdi we spread it around and got Rogers (who might be playing as good as Nnamdi this year), Whitner, Goodwin, Akers, and Edwards in FA. Not to mention smart resignings with Alex, McDonald, and Goldson. Add in a good draft with Smith, Hunter, Culliver, and Miller...man, i haven't been this excited in a while.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the draft has looked pretty good so far. Hunter, Aldon Smith and Bruce Miller have all made pretty big contributions this year and Culliver looked good yesterday. Haven't seen enough of CK but he looked okay in very limited action yesterday as well, except for some trouble with handoffs.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Baalke is making a lot of people eat crow from the offseason. Instead of blowing our wad on Nnamdi we spread it around and got Rogers (who might be playing as good as Nnamdi this year), Whitner, Goodwin, Akers, and Edwards in FA. Not to mention smart resignings with Alex, McDonald, and Goldson. Add in a good draft with Smith, Hunter, Culliver, and Miller...man, i haven't been this excited in a while.
Touche my friend, touche.....

And I dont think ANYONE is giving Baalke his just do. He went out and got our coach in Harbaugh. Had a STELLAR draft. I can't name one team getting more bang for their buck out of their draft than we are at the moment. And while everyone was panicking to start free agency, Baalke played it cool, set parameters and made good, calcualted decisions and brought in players who are playing at high-level. Letting Spikes, Franklin, Lawson, and Clements bolt is looking like genius becasue ALL of their replacements are playing as well or even better than their predecessors. Im a huge fan of Ted Thompson and the way he built that Packer team. Baalke is showing he has a little TT in him. Very excited to have this guy as the GM. It starts in the FO......ALWAYS!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think the problem was the drafting, I think it was the coaching regimes; Singletary wanted Mays and Rachal, look where they ended up. Picks associated with Baalke have been producing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont think the problem was the drafting, I think it was the coaching regimes; Singletary wanted Mays and Rachal, look where they ended up. Picks associated with Baalke have been producing.
What Im saying is that 2010 draft still had McClueless imprints on it. He set the board before he was dismissed(according to reports). Baalke just pulled the trigger so its hard to say if they were guys Baalke truly coveted. Utlimately, they stay with Baalke because he made the picks but if Baalke had the power then he has now, it might have been different. Sing had say over personel, so IMO moving up to get Davis and drafting Mays I think were because those were guys he really coveted. Rachal had nothing to do with him, as he was drafted when McClueless was at the helm and Nolan was still here. But its very ironic the first draft he has full control, he hits paydirt.

But its more than the draft. Every button he has pushed, personel-wise has been the right one. That's very telling in such a abbreviated off-season. How many other teams are having buyer's remorse at this very moment over their free-agent acquisitions? Alot.....
Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rachal was a McNolan pick, not Singletary...Singletary just fell in love with him for various reasons.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Rachal was a McNolan pick, not Singletary...Singletary just fell in love with him for various reasons.
my mistake... nolan/singletary, it's hard to distinguish those two regimes, it's just all one big blur of failure

Old 10-10-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
my mistake... nolan/singletary, it's hard to distinguish those two regimes, it's just all one big blur of failure
History will refer to 2003-2010 as teh suck.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
my mistake... nolan/singletary, it's hard to distinguish those two regimes, it's just all one big blur of failure due to alcohol
All fixed for ya.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
All fixed for ya.
That's one of the ways I rehabbed through a few of those seasons.

Thank goodness for the Giants. Made last fall a million times more tolerable.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

**** yea!

Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers/Lions.

Calvin Johnson is going to rape the secondary. ****.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
49ers/Lions.

Calvin Johnson is going to rape the secondary. ****.
Gotta double-team Megatron and pray Tarell Brown and Co. can keep Titus Young and Burleson in check. I'd feel much better going into this if Spencer were healthy. Rather put Spencer on Megatron with some help and let Rodgers handle Burleson one-on-one. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cully on CJ in press situtations with safety help, as he's big, strong, and fast. Wrong team to face at the moment with injuries to your CBs.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our secondary gives up a good amount of yards it seems, but at least they are getting turnovers. It's going to start up front. If our defensive line can't get pressure on Stafford it might be a long day. I don't think our offense can keep up with a shootout. Although I hear the Lions secondary isn't that great.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Oh and Happy Birthday Steve Young. He turns 50.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Man still looks like he could play, to be honest.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ Houshmandzadeh coming in for a workout:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...46&feedID=5884
He looked really washed up with the Ravens last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrows' twitter
Jim Harbaugh on @KNBR says that p-squadders Joe Hastings and John Matthews will be part of a group of WRs that try out today Harbaugh said other free agents also will be brought in to try out. The 49ers will add a receiver to their 53-man roster.
Would rather see a Hastings/Matthews promoted or Ziegler being brought back.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

At this point Zeigler is basically the same player as Housh and would come for cheaper. It doesn't make much sense to bring in Housh.