Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 5 MNF - Bears at Lions (-5.5)

This is the game of the year for me. I've been waiting for a Monday Night game for a long time Should be a great game. Make your predictions and discuss the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're built to play the Bears. Their WR corps helps mask our secondary and our weapons help undermine their cover 2 scheme. The biggest thing that we have to worry about is Jeff Backus vs Julius Peppers. We obviously should also just focus on shutting down Forte. He is the Chicago Bears offense right now. I'm also just tired of seeing him catch passes and do stupid plays against us. We also need to gain an early lead. Getting the early lead will allow us to stay focused on MNF and also allow us to pressure Cutler as he tries to rally from behind.

Keys to Success
1) Jeff Backus vs Peppers
2) Shut down Forte-No big plays, screens, etc
3) Gain an early lead

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't lie, don't feel confident about this game or Backus. If Backus can play just decent against Peppers, then we win.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Prowler. I think we win but it will be a battle. Protection is key but at the end of the day our strengths match up perfectly with their weaknesses. Calvin should have a game as well as suh and our dline. Both QBs are going to be hit all game i think
Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be a tough game. Bears D has struggled some this year but they've played some good offenses. Peppers can take over any game.
Atlanta,at NO,GB,Carolina

With Spieveys injury(he practiced some today thankfully) I'm worried about deep stuff to Hester/Knox against Wendling back there. Up to the Dline and corners to make sure that doesn't happen.

Stafford can't have an early int like he's had in 3 of 4 games this year either. Keep the momentum early and get the offense going earlier than the late 2nd/3rd Quarter please.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB was even nice enough to schedule the Tigers on Sunday and Tuesday. No channel flipping on Monday night with Barry Sanders opening the show.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early prediction:
Lions 31, Bears 23

I really think the offense will get back to clicking from the beginning of the game and not just the second half. And I think Nate Burleson will finally find the end zone.

Nate just said:
Quote:
"I’m a receiver, we’re divas. Do you know how excited I got when I heard there was going to be 36 cameras there?"
Old 10-07-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a huge one for both of us. The Bears can't fall behind with 3 conference (2 division) losses. The first Monday night game in Detroit in a while and no Tigers game until Tueday so the fans are going to be ready. The passing game has done most of its damage in the second half. The Bears offense has really been out of it in the past 2 games, and the safety play has been awful without Harris, so they might not be up to the challenge. Nick Fairley could make things interesting for the Lions. I think the Bears and Lions split the series, with both teams winning at home.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:46 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darn it. I am so excited about this game. I really hope to see Nick Fairley play with Suh. I don't get to see many Lions games, but I will be watching.

Go Lions!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lions win 21-17. Stafford to Johnson is simply too much for the Bears. But it won't be easy and should be a really tough matchup. I just pray Stafford survives the Bears D.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Heller and Pettigrew on the end of the line where Peppers lines up on every play this week.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our D line will do great against their O line but like a lot of people Forte gives me some doubts. I think we need to get our running game going to balance our offense otherwise Stafford will be under duress all night. I think the Lions win a close one 27-24.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, no matter what the outcome, I'm a Lions fan, I'm proud to be a Lions fan, and I'm proud to be posting with ya'll. I feel like we're the best fanbase on these boards.

Go Lions.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone surprised by what Calvin just did?

Crickets.

NOPE!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:26 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For as much as we made Cutler's life a living hell he played amazing. With that being said, I am glad our D line got that kind of pressure but I would like to see more sacks as there were times he was in grasp of a lineman only to escape or throw to an open receiver. I am glad to see Best finally have a good game and Fairley looked good, no sacks but he was there in Cutler's face a couple of times.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:07 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Farley come back and get into the rotation even though he didnt make a play im sure he will when he gets more snaps.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Lions Dline rotation. 4 deep at DE and DT. Good to see Carpenter play well and Wendling play solid in the absence of Durant and Spievey. Hope Scheffler is ok with his concussion.

Best is a big play threat for sure. Far from a workhorse but if the Lions continue to run with him in the right situation, he'll continue to have big games. 88 yarder and 60 yard screen against Vikings were huge by Best.

Stafford inaccurate some in the first half but got that 3rd Quarter started right. Then with Best we never looked back. Bears aren't playing that well right now but good big home division win in prime time.

Bring on the San Fran.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I was at this game. 4th row on the Bears side. Needless to say, Roy Williams gave us a couple looks as we welcomed him home.
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote