Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might be. I'm about to watch a movie now, and may hit up Gears later.

I havent been playing too frequently, but I've been getting that itch to play a lot lately.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I might be. I'm about to watch a movie now, and may hit up Gears later.

I havent been playing too frequently, but I've been getting that itch to play a lot lately.
I'd be down to play some gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if either of you feel the need, I'll probably get online some time between 10 and 11 EST after I finish some uni work :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are you bitches?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very next game I played, had 30% more kills than anyone else, raped everyone and stole the win. :\

Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was on for like two games...but I'm probably done for the night, pretty tired.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect 3's mutliplayer detailed. I'm really not sure what to make of it, but Casey Hudson did a good sell job on it for sure. We'll have to see how it shapes up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I hoped on black ops today.I haven't played in like 4 months.Man does it really seem like the is boring now it is still sort of fun. but dieing all the time sucks lol.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. i really, really wish they hadn't. i have such a strong feeling that it's going to turn into just another clone-y, crappy FPS. after they basically stripped out half of the interesting RPG bits in 2...
If you asked me "Do you want multiplayer?" I would say no for sure....but this is the best possible outcome if they were hellbent on it. The concept of the multiplayer effecting the outcome of the singleplayer is a little lame, but they were pretty adamant about not needing to touch it in order to get endings and such.

I still really enjoyed Mass Effect 2 and felt it was a lot more than a shooter. I can see where people would rage about some of the RPG elements being removed, but at the end of the day the game was still about player choice in an interesting world, character interaction, and a compelling setting. Really enjoyed the gameplay too. It's a fine line when you're tweaking RPG mechanics into something that's more action orientated, but I think they did it fairly well at the core(Witcher 2 is another good example of this, although my experience with that game is limited). They've said they'll be adding more skill variety and a more robust weapon/equipment thing back in, so as long as they do that I'm cool.

There are some improvements I hope they make going forward with regards to the formula. The entire dark side/light side thing hasn't really evolved much since KOTOR and the "....which person do you want to ****?" thing is starting to get a little old the way it's presently constituted. Not expecting either of those things to progress much with Mass Effect 3, but it will be interesting to see if Bioware changes it up after that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not sure about that. I could be wrong, but I really feel like changing the gameplay made the game objectively better. With this, I might be inclined to agree with you....but I view it more as a way to justify the online pass it'll come with, similar to Dead Space 2. The scale of it will probably be the same as well, just sort of a tacked on thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
sure, and i didn't hate me2, by any means. i just felt like there was so much more to the first one. researching upgrades and scanning planets was awful. and it's not like exploring them was that much better gameplay-wise, but... meh.

it just felt like they decided they wanted to appeal to the FPS crowd. this move feels like another stage in that process.

maybe the kids just need to get off my lawn, i dunno.
I really disliked the changes they made from 1 to 2. I think they could have made a lot of refinements to 1, but they completely stripped it of the things I loved about party customization.

I really like the multiplayer addition. I'm a co-op gamer, and to have side missions to do that affect the singleplayer campaign is awesome for me.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any of my DC brethren have a 24 hour xbox live card I can use?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing Dead Island and I've been enjoying the **** out of it. I just love cutting Zombies heads off and the frantic pace of taking out a crowd of hungry zombies.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figured it was worth sharing

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/120/1200215p1.html

Quote:
In an internal competition between development and QA, Bethesda's Sam Bernstein managed to complete The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in 2 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds. He beat his rival, Jeff Browne, by a mere 20 seconds.

Bethesda traditionally holds a speedrun competition to celebrate when a game ships. When Fallout 3 finally headed off to store shelves, Bernstein managed a time of 1 hours and 15 minutes, again pipping his opponent to the post by a matter of seconds. No cheats are allowed, and the participants must draw on every ounce of their insider knowledge of the game to zip through it in such a short space of time.
Apparently it was also twice as long as it took them to beat Oblivion.

...and Arkham City with a 9.5 from IGN
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1199706p1.html

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Really happy with the scores Arkham city is getting. Just reserved my copy today at best buy so i can run around as Robin.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That's probably the way to go...otherwise I think you have to pay to use Robin later on via DLC. It's early access and included in the normal price.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-14-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah, too bad i'm going to have to pay if I want to download nightwing later. DLC is pretty much the worst thing invented if it's going to be used this way. Obviously you have the character ready for the final version of the game.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Torque Bow tag this weekend in Gears 3. It's pretty fun...anyone up for playing later tonight?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'm keen MOTH. What time?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm keen MOTH. What time?
Whatever is a good time for you guys...I'm free all night. I dont have a thing to do on this lazy ass Friday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-14-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'm in the same boat, except it is Saturday during the day. AKA my day of catching up on tv shows and games.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I can go on whenever Caddy, just say the word. lol. I saw JVig was on the last time I was on, which was about 25 minutes ago.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-14-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Might as well jump on now and play for a bit then!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Alright man. I'll be on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-14-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Under estimating the difficulty of Horde mode on insane was very naive by me.

Quote:
Quote: