Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Side note, Louis Delmas is on my list, top-3 for sure, of guys I hate.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something about the Lions rubs me the wrong way and im really starting to grow a dislike for them. Obviously I never liked them to begin with but they weren't relevant so it never mattered.

add Suh to that list. At least for me...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 10-10-2011 at 10:31 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Something about the Lions rubs me the wrong way and im really starting to grow a dislike for them. Obviously I never liked them to begin with but they weren't relevant so it never mattered.

add Suh to that list. At least for me...
Me too. But I hate Delmas. I believe he's the guy who cheap hit Finley in the side of the knee 2 seasons ago, hurting him.
And I think he cheap shotted Finley last year there too, getting a penalty.
When there's a Lion on the ground after the play not getting up, I'm always hoping it's #26.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Bulaga was back at practice today, limited basis. Was wearing a brace on the knee which is no surprise.

Collins was put on IR today, and we called up Dominguez the interior offensive lineman.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wow, that illustrates how horsecrap Crosby has been.
All I remember are all the LAST-SECOND failures.
But overall numbers are pathetic.
NFC Special Teams player of the week! 9/9 this season. 16 straight during the regular season, 1 shy of Chris Jackie's team record.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
NFC Special Teams player of the week! 9/9 this season. 16 straight during the regular season, 1 shy of Chris Jackie's team record.
Crosby has kicked em all straight and great this year!
And luckily for our nerves, games haven't been close enough to where his kick at the very end would decide if we got a W or L.

Packers signed Cam Newton's brother to the practice squad today.
Bob McGinn had mentioned the Packers as possible players for the 2009 #4 overall pick, Aaron Curry, the LB the Seahawks took.
But the Raiders completed a deal to obtain him today.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan Burnett broke his hand in practice yesterday. Ugh, hate seeing crap like this happen NOT in games

he's gonna play through it with a club but obviously he won't be able to pick off any passes with one hand. Good thing this team has a bye coming up in 3 weeks
Old 10-14-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Morgan Burnett broke his hand in practice yesterday. Ugh, hate seeing crap like this happen NOT in games

he's gonna play through it with a club but obviously he won't be able to pick off any passes with one hand. Good thing this team has a bye coming up in 3 weeks
How the hell? Was yesterday the padded practice?

On ESPN this morning they were talking about how few full contact practices are actually allowed under the new CBA.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
How the hell? Was yesterday the padded practice?

On ESPN this morning they were talking about how few full contact practices are actually allowed under the new CBA.
I think you only get 18 padded practices during the season.

Sucks about Burnett, having him limited now hurts. Luckily its the Rams, Vikings, then the bye week. Hopefully he can heal quickly!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is unbelievable. This team is in it's prime, and we can't stay healthy.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously.

I hope it's not as bad as Jenkins was. He had a cast on his hand for a good 8 weeks
Old 10-14-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
How convenient for the Vikings.
Jared Allen has 8 1/2 sacks already, or 7 more than Clay does.
And in that Metrodump, he's always given us fits. He caused chaos against Rodgers there in 2008 & 2009, and usually against our BACKUP left tackle.

Now again next week, again, he'll get to tee it up against another backup tackle for us.

I just hate that team.
Some of you hate the Brrrrs. I hate the Vikings. But I'll leave that in our thread here so as not to troll it.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
It does suck but the season is still young so everyone minus Nick Collins has a chance to get back, we're getting some of our young backups good game experience allowing our depth to be even deeper, and we're in a softer part of our schedule too as a team that's already 5-0

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:52 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuries happen to every team. Get over it! How do you think Colts fans feel? Who will be starting FS now? It'll be Bush wont it? We're lucky the next two teams we are playing have the two worst set of receivers in the league, see look on the bright side.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Injuries happen to every team. Get over it! How do you think Colts fans feel? Who will be starting FS now? It'll be Bush wont it? We're lucky the next two teams we are playing have the two worst set of receivers in the league, see look on the bright side.
Burnett is still going to start. He's been fitted for a club which is going to limit him a bit. I'd expect Woodson to play a little more deep safety on passing downs as well.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Injuries midweek are a lot better than in-game, because the Doctor Dom can prepare his scheme and cook up some things during the week prior to the game.

He's fine with the in-game adjustments too, but it's harder with injuries and bodies lost, obviously.

A great slate of NFL games on Fox tomorrow!

Go Niners.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Looking ahead to next week (I hate the Vikings)..... this I don't like, with Clifton being out. I hate Jared Allen too.

Week after week, RE Jared Allen (63 snaps) and LE Brian Robison (62) find ways to top themselves. Allen beat LT Levi Brown for sacks in 3.0 and 2.5 seconds, torched Brown outside for another hit and finished with seven total pressures on QB Kevin Kolb. He also batted a pass, made his presence felt in the run game and recovered the fumble forced by Robison, who stripped Kolb in 2.6 seconds, got a cleanup sack in 3.8 and totaled seven pressures against fill-in RT Jeremy Bridges. Not even 24 chips and extra-man protection calls in 55 dropbacks (43.6%) or injuries could hold down Allen (poked in eye) and Robison (abdominal strain). The illegal use of hands penalty on Bridges that wiped out WR Early Doucet's 11-yard touchdown catch was a product of Robison's speed rush, too.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Looking ahead to next week
Never a good thing to do. The Rams may be winless but they have nothing to lose. Could be a simular game to that against Carolina.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Never a good thing to do. The Rams may be winless but they have nothing to lose. Could be a similar game to that against Carolina.
Right. Hopefully the players aren't looking ahead at all as I am.
Michael Irvin just said he doesn't see a way we can lose to these Rams.

With injuries, anything can happen though.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Right. Hopefully the players aren't looking ahead at all as I am.
Michael Irvin just said he doesn't see a way we can lose to these Rams.

With injuries, anything can happen though.
Just like last year when we weren't supposed to lose to the Redskins and Dolphins...
Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just like last year when we weren't supposed to lose to the Redskins and Dolphins...
And the Buccs a year before that!! God that was embarassing. Anyway we won so lets move onto the vikings game. I reckon we will be 7-0 quite comfortably heading into the bye
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Exactly. We lost to McNabb and Henne for God's sake. And later to Shaun Hill.

But we didn't lose any of those games because I, or cvv84, were looking ahead.

That being said, the Packers will be facing Christian Ponder in his first NFL start.
If we get some pressure on him, Woodson might get a pick-6.

However, I wanted to face McNabb not Ponder, for 2 reasons.
#1- More Viking fans would have sold their tickets to Packer fans if it was going to be more of the same, McNabb. Now they will want to see the debut of their 1st round pick, who they got excited about in preseason.

#2- If it was McNabb, every single incomplete pass he threw in there would have resulted in a growing chorus of boos. Like what Kyle Orton faced in Denver and Rex Grossman in Washington last week. That pressure sucks, at home, for any QB.

I remember well losing to Josh Freeman and the 0-7 Bucs, in their house. The team, and their fans, really rallied around him.
We need to get up early, and throttle these grape apes right out the chute. I want to hammer them.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Found this little nugget:

Quote:
The Rams showed a clear intent to run left on the Packers, 18 of their runs went to the left side of the center.
Just show's how weak we've been on that side since Jenkins left and Neal/Zombo got hurt. Hopefully that will start to change with Zombo back and Neal supposedly going to return. Walden has been a disapointment after winning the job during preseason.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

What is it with this team and getting guys hurt in practice? Pickett suffered a concussion yesterday, although McCarthy is confident he'll be cleared to play Sunday

Oh and, to the surprise of no one, Neal probably won't be ready to come back immediately after the Bye....and there is still no guarantee if he'll even play this year. At this point, the name Mike Neal is nothing but a myth in Green Bay
Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawk got fined $10,000 for flipping the bird.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote