Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
They have no one else. He threw 8 pitches in his first inning of work tonight. That wasn't the problem really.
Leyland's BFF is doing just fine with some dude name Lance Lynn :). Great allitteration name.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things the Tigers need:

1) Legit base stealer
2) Everyday second and/or third baseman
3) Another 20 HR hitter
4) Better middle relief
5) 5th starter (I don't want Turner in the rotation)
6) Capable backup catcher so VMart never has to catch
7) New third base coach
8) Leadoff hitter

That's it. No biggie.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Things the Tigers need:

1) Legit base stealer
2) Everyday second and/or third baseman
3) Another 20 HR hitter
4) Better middle relief
5) 5th starter (I don't want Turner in the rotation)
6) Capable backup catcher so VMart never has to catch
7) New third base coach
8) Leadoff hitter

That's it. No biggie.
1. Even if we had a legit base stealer, Leyland wouldn't give them the green light. I would change this to a legit leadoff hitter, so we can bat AJ where he belongs.
2. Agreed.
3. Doesn't everyone.
4. Yes, yes, and more yes.
5. Eh, I'm a huge Turner supporter, but who could we legitimately sign as a fifth starter? Our 1-4 is set.
6. Yes, Avila got abused by Leyland the last two months of the season.
7. Lamont sucks, but as long as Leyland is here, so is he.
8. Oh yeah, see 1.

Really, we just need a new manager.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
1. Even if we had a legit base stealer, Leyland wouldn't give them the green light. I would change this to a legit leadoff hitter, so we can bat AJ where he belongs.
2. Agreed.
3. Doesn't everyone.
5. Eh, I'm a huge Turner supporter, but who could we legitimately sign as a fifth starter? Our 1-4 is set.
8. Oh yeah, see 1.

Leyland's IBB was an AWFUL decision, but he's not that bad of a manager. Certainly not any worse than Bruce Bochy, who just won a World Series. If we sign Jose Reyes, we fill half of the holes we have (base stealer, allows Peralta to play third, leadoff hitter)...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats our payroll looking like? Will we have money for Reyes? We still have Guillen and Maggs on the books.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whats our payroll looking like? Will we have money for Reyes? We still have Guillen and Maggs on the books.
No we don't, they'll both be gone after this season. With Verlander getting a decent raise and possible arbitration issues, we'll probably be a little less than what we have now. Illitch did say he wanted to add another big bat though, and since all of the other options play first base...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see Reyes as a possibility here.

Would love it, but I don't see them giving anyone 100 million.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Cardinal fans realize just what Pujols means to the team. Since his rookie season in 2001, Cardinals have been in the postseason seven times, and in the National League Championship series five times.

That's pretty remarkable IMO.

Two more wins and Pujols is in his third World Series! Lets Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things the Twins need:

1. A catcher with legs
2. A first basemen without concussion problems.
3. A second baseman
4. A third baseman
5. A short stop
6. A closer
7. 5 starting pitchers
8. Relief pitching

No biggie.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Last edited by prock : 10-13-2011 at 05:09 AM.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2. Agreed.
3. Doesn't everyone.
8. Oh yeah, see 1.

5 starters are easy enough to find. You can sign 3-4 retreads to spring invites and chances are 1 of them can get the job done.

Jackson is a legit base stealer, but like you said, he needs to get on base.

I'm too lazy to look up numbers, but I always see Avila get abused my lefty pitching. Maybe its the top end lefties I always see him struggle against, but a righty catcher would be a good move.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Things the Twins need:

1. A catcher with legs
2. A first basemen without concussion problems.
3. A second baseman
4. A third baseman
5. A short stop
6. A closer
7. 5 starting pitchers
8. Relief pitching

No biggie.
A catcher with legs, Haha. I just saw an article on SI that listed the current top 10 worst contracts in baseball. It started by listing the the top 10 contracts with money still remaining on it. Mauer being 1 because he is still owed 161 million I think. However he wasn't on the top 10 worst contracts. How can that be after this year?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arod's contract had to be #1 right?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Arod's contract had to be #1 right?
I don't think so. He was 2 or 3. I think Wells was still #1.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$153 million left, has to be in the top 3 at the worst.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's #1 in my book. Wells is obviously terrible but at least he only has 3 years left while A-Rod still has 6 years left. Bay and Johan should be on the list as well but thankfully they only have 2 years left.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He's #1 in my book. Wells is obviously terrible but at least he only has 3 years left while A-Rod still has 6 years left. Bay and Johan should be on the list as well but thankfully they only have 2 years left.
They weren't. I wish I could find the link. All the contracts on the list were obviously bad, but I thought it was a terrible list overall.

Edit: Found it. http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/10/1...s-in-baseball/
Old 10-13-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Posnanski is a really good writer but I disagreed with his list order also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Posnanski is a really good writer but I disagreed with his list order also.
True. The Tex contract isn't great, but he still plays a great 1B and hit 39 HRs this year. Mauer has 161 owed to him and can barely catch or hit for power anymore.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
5 starters are easy enough to find. You can sign 3-4 retreads to spring invites and chances are 1 of them can get the job done.

Jackson is a legit base stealer, but like you said, he needs to get on base.

I'm too lazy to look up numbers, but I always see Avila get abused my lefty pitching. Maybe its the top end lefties I always see him struggle against, but a righty catcher would be a good move.
Yeah, I want to sign a couple veterans to compete for that 5th rotation spot. I don't want them to hand it to Jacob Turner just yet. I'd rather he develop more cause he's still so young.

Avila was .273/.349/.430 against lefties this year in 128 AB. His postseason has been an aberration for him. And he's hurt bad right now. Having his knee drained today. I think he was overworked more than anything. A capable backup catcher would be a big addition for Detroit.

Jackson can steal, yes, but he's literally the only one we have that can steal more than 5 in a season. They need someone else who can do it, even if it's only a bench player.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's bad Jackson couldn't steal last night in a big spot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Avila was .273/.349/.430 against lefties this year in 128 AB. His postseason has been an aberration for him. And he's hurt bad right now. Having his knee drained today. I think he was overworked more than anything. A capable backup catcher would be a big addition for Detroit..
Other than this postseason, I think the only real lefty I've seen him go up against is CC. And CC embarrasses him.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avila did something!
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Tigers are going to lose because of the Rangers ability to foul off pitches and Verlander will be gone by the 7th inning.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tigers are going to lose because of the Rangers ability to foul off pitches and Verlander will be gone by the 7th inning.
I don't think they are gonna try to limit Verlander's pitch count this time. He'll probably go until his arm falls off or the Rangers force him out of it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Austin Jackson is an embarrassment to the game of baseball.