Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You could just stop watching ... Most of us enjoy it. You can't judge the post-Carell era on 3 episodes.
I've been watching since the beginning too. I have a subconscious need to see where this goes. Daryl should have been made boss. This is such a fact.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I've been watching since the beginning too. I have a subconscious need to see where this goes. Daryl should have been made boss. This is such a fact.
Read this: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment..._paul_lie.html

I thought he made some good points.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darryl's not the boss get over it.

Last edited by Splat : 10-08-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
My favorite part was when Erin was yelling at Kevin last night.
I really liked it too. I LIKE IT, BUT THEY DON'T! And they get back and they're greasing the floor.. haha. That was great.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Andy Laid into Daryl perfectly about why he didnt get the job. Daryl had been given every opportunity to get the job but let himself down being lazy.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the funniest moments for me in the last episode was when Kelly called Andy a scumbag. The look on Andy's face was priceless.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really liked it too. I LIKE IT, BUT THEY DON'T! And they get back and they're greasing the floor.. haha. That was great.
The whole warehouse bit was great. It could have been more of the focus, and I might have liked it more...but I'm glad they didn't overdo it. That combination of characters is awesome. Erin and Kevin need more scenes together.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lol'd a good deal tonight. Mose was particularly awesome...especially when he took Toby's car.

Dwight might have replaced Michael's "No, no, no..." bit with one of his own.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was ok. The Andy stuff got boring by the end of the episode. But I loved all of the scenes with Mose and Jim's prank was the highlight of the episode for me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good episode actually.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I thought it was ok.
Ya, my least favorite of the season so far.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a brutal episode that was ...

STILL NO CREED! I demand an explanation. I didn't even see him, let alone hear him say anything.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Only things I liked were Mose (that part was excellent), some of Jim's pranking of Dwight, and ... that's it.

That was a terrible use of guest stars, there were far too many random disjointed one-and-done sight gags and jokes, and the cold open was god awful.

I still believe in this show, but tonight's episode was BAD.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is every episode going to be an Andy redemption/small victory/woe is him? It's a shame, because I think the beginning of the series was close to excellent. Not laugh out loud funny, but overall just good. Now the series has just focused on everyone sucking up to Robert (who is a better character than I envisioned) and Andy attempting to prove he's not Michael.

I didn't think it was a brutal episode but it was too much Bernarding. I personally loved Ryan's toast plus everyone's reaction. For some reason, that was great. Meredith made me chuckle a couple times too.

Kevin is much better as a sub-character and it's nice that they sort've scaled back his role. Gabe is useless. Dwight going through the motions is hilarious, but Dwight being pranked by Jim just isn't funny. Pam is annoying, Angela is only great when she's a ***** (like tonight), Ryan/Kelly have essentially been written out of the show, Toby has no reason to be there and Daryl has been a good character in the fact that he's starting to evolve a bit.

Outside of Daryl, Andy, Jim, careless Dwight and background Kevin; it's not really an ensemble show. Really it's just everyone gets a chance at a one-liner.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Disagree.

Of course this season is Andy-centric in general... News Flash: He's the new manager. They have to develop his character beyond what it was and tell the audience more about him - as they did with Michael compared to the other characters.

Everyone plays their role. Of course, there's a hierarchy with Andy, Jim, and Dwight at the top and characters like Kelly, Creed, Meredith, and Phyllis at the bottom...

I like the dueling between Pam and Angela. The whole debate over the name was pretty funny. Reminded me of The League when the guy stole the name for his dog.

I do miss Creed. Seems like Kelly has been given his role with the quirky one-liners once per episode (which works really well). I think Creed would have fit in really well with the warehouse group last week.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't think Creed was even in the episode. There has to be an explanation for his lack of usage. I don't think he has a single line this season. I only even remember one simple line from all of the deleted scenes.

I like that they attempt to give Andy a back story with his family, but it just seemed too familiar with the disapproving, hard to please father. Not well executed.

And Robert California's speech was really lame. It was a rehash of the one from a couple weeks ago and this one fell very flat. They need to use him better.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Creed was not in this episode. Not even in the background. Total letdown.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even realize Gabe was still on the show.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I didn't even realize Gabe was still on the show.
I'm starting to warm to Gabe's character this season. I still hate him, but in a good way (you're supposed to hate him).
Old 10-14-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think it's possible the show has too many characters. That's why I didn't mind when I thought Gabe was gone.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought from all the previews of this episode that there was a good chance this could be one of the best office episodes they have ever made.

I stand corrected... It was pretty lackluster. I think Mose was the highlight. I also think the close of the show was pretty good (not that i can recall what that was atm).

I don't think that the show not having Michael is really dragging it down but basically going back to the shows roots in a over done manner to me is. Like Jim pranking Dwight in every episode, Angela being a *****, Kevin being dumb, Erin being ditsy, Ryan being a narcissistic prick.

I just feel they are taking what made the show great in small doses and are trying to cram it down our throats to make up for Micheal's absence.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pranks were the best. And Jim googling Dwight's house and seeing Dwight and Mose on the seesaw, in overalls was hilarious. The back story was dull, but I laughed enough to get over it.

I see what they are trying to do with the show. Answer all the unanswered questions of why he got the job, where he comes from/family. With Michael Scott all that was stretched out through multiple seasons, they are just trying to cram it in before mid season. See if people like it or should they cancel the show at some point.

Last week, how long has it been since Jim and Dwight worked together and failed together?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pranks last night were hilarious and saved what otherwise was a very BLAH episode. We get it...Andy is narccistic, wants to be loved and all that. 4 episodes in, and we already kind of knew that. Jim and Dwight are clearly a great tandem. And at this point kind of questioning the move to make Andy boss over Jim. But hey, Andy can be good too if they wrote a new storyline. And of course Xio and I are the co-Presidents of the WHERE THE **** is CREED? club. I saw him once, he was sitting at a table with Oscar, thats it, barely noticed. It needs Creed back!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I also enjoyed Jim using Google maps to see Dwight and Mose on the see-saw. Dwight's hand-drawn map to get to the beet farm was also funny.

But yeah, the characters are far too fixed in their original and most basic characterization.

I think what the show needs is an actual story arc. Something business-related that can span multiple episodes and present a real sense of conflict. The show usually works well when it's focused on real-life business problems they would plausibly face.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hot and cold on the episode. Had some really funny parts but Andy's need for approval was awkward and hard to watch. There was nothing funny about it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote