Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are not switching to a 3-4. I know its your dream but its not happening. Just like my dream of winning the lottery and marrying Kate Mara. Thats not happening either.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
We are not switching to a 3-4. I know its your dream but its not happening. Just like my dream of winning the lottery and marrying Kate Mara. Thats not happening either.

I know its not likely, but I still don't see why its completely out of the question. If TC gets fired, and we hire a 3-4 guy, why wouldn't we make the switch? You know Bellichick's name will be brought up alot towards the end of the season if TC is in trouble. *clings onto the little hope that remains*

I like Rob Ryan. Right now, if I were a GM, and I had to put together a new coaching staff of new upcoming talent, it would be this

HC: Rob Ryan
DC: Pepper Johnson
OC: whoever with a run heavy mentality

Rob Ryan worked under Bellichick in the 3-4, done wonders with the Raiders, and Pepper Johnson worked as the LB coach and dline coach in NE, and has ties to Ryan. And hes a former Giant, so he'd be inclined to hop over. I could see them using a hybrid/3-4 scheme with us.

Sigh....its nice to dream once in awhile. But until then, its another year of Air Coryell in the hardest place to throw the football, and overload blitzing on defense with no secondary to hold up...
Old 04-03-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Bears | Team rejects Redskins' trade offer for Briggs
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:45:27 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports as of right now, the proposed deal sending Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick in the NFL Draft to the Washington Redskins for the No. 6 overall pick is off the table after Bears general manager Jerry Angelo rejected the deal. According to sources, Angelo phoned the Redskins Tuesday, April 3, with his decision. The deal, however, may not be lost for good. The Bears would like to include LB Rocky McIntosh in the deal. The Redskins, however, do not want to part with McIntosh.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports as of right now, the proposed deal sending Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick in the NFL Draft to the Washington Redskins for the No. 6 overall pick is off the table after Bears general manager Jerry Angelo rejected the deal. According to sources, Angelo phoned the Redskins Tuesday, April 3, with his decision. The deal, however, may not be lost for good. The Bears would like to include LB Rocky McIntosh in the deal. The Redskins, however, do not want to part with McIntosh.
Well no big payday for Lance Briggs. He's going to be upset.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally do not like the decision from Angelo, one bit. I think the kind of value, Washington had on the table, is just too good to pass up on.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I still think Briggs will be else where in 2007.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Glazer reports the trade may not be completely dead so this might quiet down for now and pick up close to the draft.

I wish Marv Levy would just give us an official offer already. You know he has to be salivating at the prospect of getting another Bears player on the roster.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Lance could fit in any system, and is better than Pierce. I don't think it's so much that Briggs wants to be the leader, he just wants to seperate himself from the stigma of being Urlacher's Robin.

But I've never actually heard him say that and think it's just something that is floating around as he had previously said that he would like to resign with the Bears under the right price (untill Angelo told him that he wasn't going to get that price).
They are actually quite similar in many respects, but if I want an inside/strongside backer, I'd prefer Pierce, if I want a weakside backer, I'd take Briggs. That said, they both can play all three positions at an above average level.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I personally do not like the decision from Angelo, one bit. I think the kind of value, Washington had on the table, is just too good to pass up on.
Agreed. I think Angelo's getting greedy, and the talk seems to be Washington is going to look into dealing up now more seriously (although, for the life of me, I still don't know what sort of package they could put together that would intrigue anyone ... I mean, moving 1 spot, sure, but they are supposedly targeting WR).

On a side note, the simple fact that they are taking Jason Campbell to the Ted Ginn Jr. workout is a very telling statement that can't be passed over at this time of year. It may end up being nothing ... but when you take your QB ... that does perk attention.

If they do go WR ... I think that'll be a foolish, foolish move.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I still think Briggs will be else where in 2007.
I agree to, and if not Washington, my bet would probably be on Buffalo. While it's easy to mock Patrick Willis being there, there's a lot of knowledgeable people that puts Willis being available at 12 more at 50/50. Buffalo has additional assets, and there's mixed rumors about their interest in Lynch.

That said, I can see Buffalo dealing up as well, so eh.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I agree to, and if not Washington, my bet would probably be on Buffalo. While it's easy to mock Patrick Willis being there, there's a lot of knowledgeable people that puts Willis being available at 12 more at 50/50. Buffalo has additional assets, and there's mixed rumors about their interest in Lynch.

That said, I can see Buffalo dealing up as well, so eh.
I think that your previous post made more sense, if they brought Campell to Ginn, they may want to trade down with a team interested in AD... maybe Houston @ 10?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The cajones on Angelo never cease to amaze me. I hope this time it doesn't blow up in his face.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Agreed. I think Angelo's getting greedy, and the talk seems to be Washington is going to look into dealing up now more seriously (although, for the life of me, I still don't know what sort of package they could put together that would intrigue anyone ... I mean, moving 1 spot, sure, but they are supposedly targeting WR).

On a side note, the simple fact that they are taking Jason Campbell to the Ted Ginn Jr. workout is a very telling statement that can't be passed over at this time of year. It may end up being nothing ... but when you take your QB ... that does perk attention.

If they do go WR ... I think that'll be a foolish, foolish move.
If they take a WR, I would laugh harder than I did when the Lions took Williams. That team needs a force on their D-line in the worst way and they will be in prime position to do so.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-03-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they take a WR, I would laugh harder than I did when the Lions took Williams. That team needs a force on their D-line in the worst way and they will be in prime position to do so.
We do need d-line, but if there is a way to get calvin johnson we need to get him
Old 04-03-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
We do need d-line, but if there is a way to get calvin johnson we need to get him
Santana, Johnson, and Cooley together with that oline would definately make Campbell's life easier. No doubt.

But I personally hate taking WRs that high. I think WR is easily the most overrated position in football.
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post

exactly what John Clayton said.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
The argument against DL, and not saying I agree with it, just what the argument would be:

a) Kedric Golston is someone they have huge hopes for. I remember some on this board were quite high on him last year (D-Unit in particular). They think he can be the interior push they need, although they wouldn't mind more help.

b) Briggs frees up Marcus Washington to blitz more, pushing him and Carter together.

That said, my concerns would be:

c) How much does Daniels/Wynn have left? They are depending them to be base ends that rotate inside. That's why I think Carriker (and if they deal down, McDonald) could be great fits, as they fit their base end need. For all the talk about a lack of pressure, they do need someone to step up as a base end to better utilize Carter.

d) Is Golston the real deal? I'm still not sold, although the internal statistics, supposedly, gave Golston high, high marks.

e) What about depth? Montgomery is someone I liked last year, but Montgomery/Boschetti/Salavea (if he stays) doesn't inspire confidence, and as noted, how much does Wynn/Daniels have left inside. Outside, it's Wynn/Daniels/Carter and um ... Demetric Evans?

Ideal situation, IMO, is to slide down a few slots, try and pick up a 3rd, draft Carriker, and target a WR with the 3rd round if they are intent on doing that (if they could pick up a 3rd, I'd consider WR/OL/CB).

That said, the 6th spot is considered by some to be a dead man's land right now. For all the love heaped on Landry, I'm still not sure anyone wants to deal up to 6 for Landry. I'm still not sure anyone is really looking to deal that far up for Peterson (I mean, I'm sure teams would deal up, but Buffalo/GB dealing up to 6? Not sold on that). If Adams falls, though, that would be something that might draw some buzz. The one consideration would be, say, a team like St. Louis, where they don't have many glaring needs, and could get aggressive targeting who they wanted if someone fell. But the overall value required and the talent likely there makes it a hard call to decipher what trade opportunities are out there, and is in part why the Redskins looked into the Lance Briggs thing, and in part why Chicago is a bit hesitant, IMO.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a lot more than just getting the #6 pick. I'll bet that JA wanted to trade down from the #6 and there wasn't much interest. Because he stated numerous times that he was worried about the contract situation for the #6 pick.

JA isn't a dummy, he knows what he's doing. And in the end he'll make sure that what he does with Briggs is best for the team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You already have a formiddable WR core that is relatively young. However if CJ is a possibility I would understand the move up, but selecting Ginn at 6 would be a bad idea.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-03-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
I dont know what the Bears are thinking, I cant imagine them getting a better deal than this for Briggs. I realize the fact that there probably is no player they would like to target at 6, but it is a good value and they can move up or down from 6. Sure, they might not want to put themselves through that. But at the same time, do they really want to deal with this sticky situation with Briggs and a holdout? Once he starts holding out, it will be a lot harder to get a good deal for him.
He posted it in the locked Briggs dicussion so I moved it in here:

JA is thinking way ahead of you here. It's more than just getting the #6 pick. He wants to trade down IMO and his other thing was paying the #6 pick.

And from what I've been hearing and what toony has said, there's not a lot of real interest in moving up to #6. I trust Angelo to make the best decision and if he feels like it wasn't worth it, then so be it.

Maybe this way too he puts the ball in Washington's court again. And maybe they decide to give up another thing for Briggs. JA is playing hardball here so we'll see how it turns out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You already have a formiddable WR core that is relatively young. However if CJ is a possibility I would understand the move up, but selecting Ginn at 6 would be a bad idea.
we have 1 good WR in moss and a decent one in randel el, there is alot of room for improvement
Old 04-03-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
we have 1 good WR in moss and a decent one in randel el, there is alot of room for improvement
The reason I don't think it's worth it is because, next year, this is going to be a running team with the young QB and the Portis/Betts tagteam (provided that they don't deal one). And while CJ is a rare talent, top wideouts can be found from year to year if the scouting is good (and that, in of itself, has been the Redskins biggest issue). WHile the Redskins really didn't have much in terms of big needs, there are a lot of depth concerns across the board which need to be addressed the next two years. Dealing up would reduce assets.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would the Redskins even trade up? Next year's 1st? If so, then what about the glaring issues on the D-Line?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Skins will do anything they can to make the splash they think they need to make. While they have only 1 winning season recently, you can't say they don't try to get better every offseason.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
How would the Redskins even trade up? Next year's 1st? If so, then what about the glaring issues on the D-Line?
I'm really not sure who they can deal away. Because, assuming they keep the 6th pick (and thus, no Briggs), their assets on the squad that have good value (youngsters like McIntosh, Golston) can't be dealt. There really aren't any assets I see ... unless they decide to part with Sean Taylor ... which I don't anticipate, although it's not improbable. And they certainly don't have the immediate assets.