Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Because I want this to go on for more than one year. We haven't had stability at the quarterback position in a long time, and if you don't have a dominant quarterback in the NFL, you're not winning a Super Bowl most likely. Great defenses don't stay forever, and runningbacks die out quick. Good quarterbacks that a team can lean on go to the playoffs year after year. I need to see more from this passing game.
Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense. So were 5-1 but your mad because we don't have a QB of the future? Huh? We are a long ways away from winning a SB. Its a great start but let's not carried away? If anything, our start with Alex as our QB and the shorten off-season should give our fans a enthusatic outlook on the future considering Harbs is doing this without a elite QB.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big props to Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver. Aldon looking like a game changer, Culliver again had solid coverage. Gave up a few short passes but nothing deep. The fact that coaches trusted him 1 on 1 with CJ deep shows how much confidence they have in him.

I'm also impressed that we won with so many mistakes. 11 penalties, 2 turnovers, losing the TOP battle, and we still came out on top on the road against an undefeated team. TBH i thought we lost when CJ had that big 40 yard gainer, but after that i don't think the defense gave up another 1st down all game.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
3000 yards is pretty pedestrian now and days. I mean really, if you aren't over 3,500 yards minimum...well...yeah...especially if you start every game in the season.
You don't need 3,500 yards passing when you run for 2,000.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I got a story to tell ya. Keep in mind I've been getting wasted in multiple airport bars today.

I get off my flight in Denver. It's middle of the third. Niners just went up 15-13. I go to bar, get food, liquor, and watch some Niners. Later my plane is boarding and SF is about to start the game-winning drive. I'm now following it on gamecenter while sitting on plane. The flight attendant is barking a bunch of nonsense over the speaker. I'm not listening. Just updating each play. Niners score is under review. The freakin plane is rolling down the runway. The TD stands. I'm cheering on the plane with other SF fans (we're headed to SF). The attendant is like "put your electronic devices away." I'm like, "Lady, it's third down. We need this play stopped." She's barking at me "FAA regulations blah, blah, blah." Boom. Incompletion. Now she's demanding my phone. I'm like "Lady, it's 4th freakin down here." So I pretend to turn the phone off. Boom incompletion. Niners ball. I'm like "Oh hell yeaaaaaa." the other niner fans are screaming. I toss her my phone, she turns it off and tosses it back to me. I asked if she could bring me another shot of jack. She said she's a Raider fan and I'm like, "Oh. That sucks. Can I still have that shot." she said no lol and that was that.

Great win. I'm still trashed. Awaiting my last flight home. Typed this MFer on my phone and it's blurry as ****.

Ninerrrrrrrrrrrrs!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So I got a story to tell ya. Keep in mind I've been getting wasted in multiple airport bars today.

I get off my flight in Denver. It's middle of the third. Niners just went up 15-13. I go to bar, get food, liquor, and watch some Niners. Later my plane is boarding and SF is about to start the game-winning drive. I'm now following it on gamecenter while sitting on plane. The flight attendant is barking a bunch of nonsense over the speaker. I'm not listening. Just updating each play. Niners score is under review. The freakin plane is rolling down the runway. The TD stands. I'm cheering on the plane with other SF fans (we're headed to SF). The attendant is like "put your electronic devices away." I'm like, "Lady, it's third down. We need this play stopped." She's barking at me "FAA regulations blah, blah, blah." Boom. Incompletion. Now she's demanding my phone. I'm like "Lady, it's 4th freakin down here." So I pretend to turn the phone off. Boom incompletion. Niners ball. I'm like "Oh hell yeaaaaaa." the other niner fans are screaming. I toss her my phone, she turns it off and tosses it back to me. I asked if she could bring me another shot of jack. She said she's a Raider fan and I'm like, "Oh. That sucks. Can I still have that shot." she said no lol and that was that.

Great win. I'm still trashed. Awaiting my last flight home. Typed this MFer on my phone and it's blurry as ****.

Ninerrrrrrrrrrrrs!

But you left out the most important part......was she cute?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Big props to Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver. Aldon looking like a game changer, Culliver again had solid coverage. Gave up a few short passes but nothing deep. The fact that coaches trusted him 1 on 1 with CJ deep shows how much confidence they have in him.
Absolutely. And AGAIN, have to give Baalke his credit. His first and third round picks are looking like steals. If he had went after Doug Baldwin instead Ronald Johnson, he'd be batting 1.000 lol
Old 10-16-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Absolutely. And AGAIN, have to give Baalke his credit. His first and third round picks are looking like steals. If he had went after Doug Baldwin instead Ronald Johnson, he'd be batting 1.000 lol
If he would have picked Baldwin the cries of "omg idiots fire die york suicide fire, yada yada" would be even louder. Picking him would have been to lucky to go with the rest of that draft. That we still have pieces that may come to fruition two or three years from now is what makes me excited for the team and for future drafts.

Pretty much everything Baalke and Harbaugh did was criticized by the usual group, but they have repeatedly hit on free agency and the draft and they haven't broken the bank to do so. Now resigning some of these guys will take some effort by Maraathe, but winning may make that easier.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense. So were 5-1 but your mad because we don't have a QB of the future? Huh? We are a long ways away from winning a SB. Its a great start but let's not carried away? If anything, our start with Alex as our QB and the shorten off-season should give our fans a enthusatic outlook on the future considering Harbs is doing this without a elite QB.
I think the players would disagree with you. The goal is always to win a Super Bowl. We're a long ways a way from winning one because we don't have a quarterback. Think about it. Most of the Super Bowl winners have some megastar at quarterback. What team was the last one to win one without one? Brad Johnson? (although he had a great year that season). Trent Dilfer? (his later years speak for themselves). But the league has evolved since those days even more. The time is going to come when is going to have to beat a team with his arm on a consistent basis and not just lean on Gore and the defense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Four of our picks this year have made some pretty serious contributions.

Aldon Smith - Looking like the elite pass rusher we have needed for years
Kendall Hunter - Great #2 back so far
Chris Culliver - Played great against the best WR in the league
Bruce Miller - Has been an excellent lead blocker
Old 10-16-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the players would disagree with you. The goal is always to win a Super Bowl. We're a long ways a way from winning one because we don't have a quarterback. Think about it. Most of the Super Bowl winners have some megastar at quarterback. What team was the last one to win one without one? Brad Johnson? (although he had a great year that season). Trent Dilfer? (his later years speak for themselves). But the league has evolved since those days even more. The time is going to come when is going to have to beat a team with his arm on a consistent basis and not just lean on Gore and the defense.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. Yet, I will enjoy this ride until we can make a change. Should the QB position be improved? Yes, but we can't do dick about it now, so... go Niners?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-16-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon Smith looked great today. Culliver I'm not sure. I'll have to watch it again. Was it him guarding Calvin Johnson well, or Stafford and the Lions offense just not doing a good job of getting him the ball?

Oh and still zero rushing touchdowns allowed this year. We're still struggling against Pro Bowl receivers though in terms of yards given up.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. Yet, I will enjoy this ride until we can make a change. Should the QB position be improved? Yes, but we can't do dick about it now, so... go Niners?
Word. I won't ***** like a manic about it anymore, but I know it's going to be an issue sooner rather than later. It's always going to be in the back of my mind.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The o-line beat the **** out of the Lions today. Avril and VandenBosch were both roughed up and Suh was wandering around in a daze. I don't know if he's hurt or was just confused. Nobody is enjoying three hours with these guys.

And this was with penalties taking the Niners out of a lot of their heavy packages...
Old 10-16-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This was really the only game we've "leaned" on Gore. The first three games he was pretty much a zombie. The Philly game was mostly Alex and the passing game leading us back. The Bucs game was a team effort, but Alex was dealy efficient. This game was mostly Gore, but Delanie dropped an easy one and Ginn's lack of instincts killed another one... Alex had the ball in his hands on 4th and goal and converted. I'm tired of this suspect behavior.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That's my point. Its not like we can find that franchise QB right now, at this moment. If you can't be happy with a 5-1 start forthis team....a team who wasn't supposed to be nearly this good, this fast, then its time for you to stop watching football.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
That's my point. Its not like we can find that franchise QB right now, at this moment. If you can't be happy with a 5-1 start forthis team....a team who wasn't supposed to be nearly this good, this fast, then its time for you to stop watching football.
I'm happy the team is finding a way to win so early in the process with the new coaching staff. 5-1 with half a pre-season while implementing a new scheme just shouldn't happen. The team fights through adversity and hasn't given up on its bad days believing it can win. Pretty impressive.

So many things are better and it is just the begininning, but some people expect more than is remotely reasonable. I honestly think misery is some fans preferred state of mind.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Aldon Smith looked great today. Culliver I'm not sure. I'll have to watch it again. Was it him guarding Calvin Johnson well, or Stafford and the Lions offense just not doing a good job of getting him the ball?

Oh and still zero rushing touchdowns allowed this year. We're still struggling against Pro Bowl receivers though in terms of yards given up.
Culliver looked solid. He was just what I was hoping for.....big, fast, and physical. He had safety help alot when he was matched up one-on-one with Megatron, but he didnt get bullied and you could see a few times where he re-routed him and threw off their timing. I think he may have just took the nickelback role from Spencer and if he keeps working hard and playing well, he'll be a starter opposite Rodgers by the playoffs. Not really sold on Brown as a starter for the remainder of the season. I think Cully would be a even better fit on the outside as opposed to over the slot. When Brock comes back, it will be very interesting how our CB depth chart looks like.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
I'm happy the team is finding a way to win so early in the process with the new coaching staff. 5-1 with half a pre-season while implementing a new scheme just shouldn't happen. The team fights through adversity and hasn't given up on its bad days believing it can win. Pretty impressive.

So many things are better and it is just the begininning, but some people expect more than is remotely reasonable. I honestly think misery is some fans preferred state of mind.
My sentiments excatly.....
Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

And Crabtree needs some pcp.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Always gonna happen though. Shut down the run, and the other team passes more. At least the team hasn't been blown out due to a high powered passing attack yet.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post

yup, exactly. I think some fans got so wrapped up in hating Alex that they lost all reason and perspective. Now that the team is doing well with Alex as the QB, they really don't know what to do..they are probably waiting for him to have a truly bad game so they can become part of the discussion again. I've noticed on various forums how some members have suddenly disappeared, what sad souls.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But you left out the most important part......was she cute?
It doesn't matter. She was a RAIDER fan. However, he did include whether she was cute or not when he noted the important Raider detail; you just missed it. Assume the obvious.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-17-2011, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
yup, exactly. I think some fans got so wrapped up in hating Alex that they lost all reason and perspective. Now that the team is doing well with Alex as the QB, they really don't know what to do..they are probably waiting for him to have a truly bad game so they can become part of the discussion again. I've noticed on various forums how some members have suddenly disappeared, what sad souls.
Hey, I just feel we can upgrade the position. I have higher standards there. We as 49ers fans shouldn't be content with a game manager. Doesn't mean I don't want the team to win. But I would feel safer if we had a better passing attack. Obviously nothing can be done right now so I'll stop complaining, but at the same time it's going to take a lot more from Alex to "impress" me and assume we'll be safe going forward with him as our starter.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-17-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Culliver looked solid. He was just what I was hoping for.....big, fast, and physical. He had safety help alot when he was matched up one-on-one with Megatron, but he didnt get bullied and you could see a few times where he re-routed him and threw off their timing. I think he may have just took the nickelback role from Spencer and if he keeps working hard and playing well, he'll be a starter opposite Rodgers by the playoffs. Not really sold on Brown as a starter for the remainder of the season. I think Cully would be a even better fit on the outside as opposed to over the slot. When Brock comes back, it will be very interesting how our CB depth chart looks like.
Well Culliver did get bullied in an embarrassing fashion early in the game when he "tried" to jam Calvin Johnson. But other than that he played alright.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
It doesn't matter. She was a RAIDER fan. However, he did include whether she was cute or not when he noted the important Raider detail; you just missed it. Assume the obvious.
ou

I have no problems with Faider fans, thats a Bay area thing. Now if she wuld have been a Cowgirls fan, that would be different.
Closed Thread