Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 10-17-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, getting the first pick trumps just about everything.

FYI, Miami still has Denver, KC, & Oakland (they just lost Campbell so who knows).

Haven't actually watched a Miami game yet so now sure how bad they are. I've got a sinking feeling that we're good enough to win 2-3 games this year.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Yeah, getting the first pick trumps just about everything.

FYI, Miami still has Denver, KC, & Oakland (they just lost Campbell so who knows).

Haven't actually watched a Miami game yet so now sure how bad they are. I've got a sinking feeling that we're good enough to win 2-3 games this year.
I'm just glad that Tennessee and Houston are probably going to have to keep playing even at the end of the season to fight for the division. No gimme wins for the Colts because they're resting starters.

I don't really see a winnable game on the schedule. The Browns, Chiefs, and Bengals were supposed to be the winnable games. I guess Jacksonville playing here in Indy is the best shot at a win.

The good news is, even if both teams go 0-16, the Colts have an easier schedule which means we win the tiebreaker.

I can't believe we're talking about this ****.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I see it, we've been close in all of these games. And any given sunday the string of mistakes that cause us to lose games might reverse. If we were getting blown out like KC was early in the season, I'd be more willing to declare victory.
I had assumed we'd get a win vs Jacksonville, but I guess I haven't watched one of their games yet either. Though Jacksonville does have a tendency to beat us in close games. Maybe that'll hold true.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
The way I see it, we've been close in all of these games. And any given sunday the string of mistakes that cause us to lose games might reverse. If we were getting blown out like KC was early in the season, I'd be more willing to declare victory.
I had assumed we'd get a win vs Jacksonville, but I guess I haven't watched one of their games yet either. Though Jacksonville does have a tendency to beat us in close games. Maybe that'll hold true.
We'll lose on a 60 yard FG from Scobee.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

With Caldwell calling the timeout with 5 seconds left. So we'd have a chance to block the field-goal and return it for a TD.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, this is really embarassing.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

I stopped watching at half-time. Then looked online and we were down 62-7. Hopefully everyone just gave up when it was 14-0. I'd hate to think that on our best day we're 50 points worse then the Saints.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Time for change. There's no shining this turd. 62-7. That is just ******* embarrassing. Worst game I've ever watched. And I've watched some really, really bad 90s Colts games.

Ok, here are the guys you keep.

Manning.
Addai
Carter
Garcon
Collie
Tamme
Castonzo
Reitz
Ijalana
Ojinnaka

Nevis
Freeney
Mathis
Anderson
Angerer
Bethea
Powers

The rest, **** em. They suck. The coaching staff isn't getting the best from them because they suck too, but even the best from these clowns is still garbage. The secondary, the DTs, the LBs, the OL (******* Mike Pollak, **** you Pollak, you too Linkenbach)

Fire the whole coaching staff. Nobody survives a winless season, especially one that includes a 62-7 loss. No more Caldwell or Coyer or Christiansen or Teerlinck. No more position coaches.

No more Bill Polian. This roster is your responsibility. This coaching staff, this team, this franchise. It's all on you and uou ****** it up worse than anybody Bill. You've driven my team into the ground Bill. You need to gtfo of the front office. Retire, get fired, whatever. Get out. The game has passed you by and the Colts are a laughing stock again. Manning would not have helped. This team is too terrible. **** you Bill. You ruined my team.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure Ojinnaka, Reitz and Anderson are worth keeping.

And you prefer to keep Garcon over Wayne?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Ojinnaka stepped in off the street and with almost no preparation has played RT better than anyone else has this year (Linkenbach, Diem, Tepper, Ijalana). He is a good enough starter and can be a depth guy for the future. I like him. His listed weight is 295. My ass.

Reitz looks raw but when Castonzo was playing next to him he looked good. I think he'll be a fine depth guy and maybe a solid starter. He is cheap.

Anderson is (or rather, was) playing the Raheem Brock role better than Brock. With good (or even average, which would be 10x better than what we have) coaching he'd be a good rotational player for cheap.

Garcon has stepped up this year and played hard. He's 25 and on pace for over 1000 yards and 10 TDs this season, with Curtis Painter throwing the ball. Imagine what he'd be doing with Manning throwing the ball. I think he'd be a top 6 or 7 receiver this year. He makes some dumb mistakes but look at Reggie. Same number of receptions (30), 426 yards, 1 TD. He's 32 and will want to get paid. This team has too many holes on the roster to pay a short, slow 32 year old possession receiver big money. I love Reggie but this team can't afford to be sentimental anymore. No more Hayden/Brackett type contracts that rewards vets for past performance.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-25-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

And this is a terrible year to suck also. It's really a mediocre draft after Luck.

I might even say that the top 3 players on my personal board are all QBs (Luck, Barkley and Jones).

- I love how hard Ruchardson runs, but I'm not sure he is explosive enough to be a top 5 pick. Plus these types of runners don't last long.

- Kalil and Martin both seem more like future solid starters at OT rather then future Pro-Bowlers you expect out of a top 5 pick.

- Couples is an interesting talent, but he isn't dominant enough to be a "can't miss".

- There are some very talented CBs in this draft and it is a need for us but, in our system, picking a CB in the top of the draft is a COMPLETE waste.

- Jeffery and Blackmon are interesting WR prospects and that could become a need, but I don't know if I would call them "can't miss" either.

I think it would be great if we could trade down, get a nice collection of picks and draft Vontaze Burfict or Dontari Poe, both of whom would be big difference makers for our Ds.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I agree this is not a great draft for top 10 picks. I think Kalil will be a good player so if the team is forced to just draft him at like #3 I won't be too upset. That would give us a starting OL of Kalil and Castonzo on the edges and Ijalana at the guard spot. Pretty good OL for the future.

I'd also be ok with one of the other top QBs though it would be pretty disappointing to not get Luck. No RBs, no Coples (he's so overrated IMO), definitely no Jeffrey.

If we could trade down farther for multiple picks it'd be nice to get one of the big DTs (Poe, Ta'amu, Thompson), a SS (Mark Barron?), etc.

Ugh there are just so many holes on this roster. One draft is not going to do it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-26-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think that Burfict would be a good fit in our system? I mean Burfict is my man crush in this draft but I think a guy like Kuechly would be a better fit and we could get him later in the round. We might even be able to trade down twice and still get him and get a lot of late round picks.(and maybe another slew for next year... we'll need em).

As you say, this doesn't seem like a stellar draft for top picks. If we don't get Luck, I'd like to see us stockpile some picks too help in the rebuilding process this year and next year.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I love Burfict. I do think he would make a difference.

Among the top, non-QB prospects in this draft that I have the biggest man-crush on is Richardson. He reminds me a lot of what healthy Steven Jackson was. He is a very good RB prospect. But again, guys with his running style don't last long.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Regarding Kalil, well, if he can be the next Joe Thomas then I would love to get him, but I don't see it.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I love Burfict. I do think he would make a difference.

Among the top, non-QB prospects in this draft that I have the biggest man-crush on is Richardson. He reminds me a lot of what healthy Steven Jackson was. He is a very good RB prospect. But again, guys with his running style don't last long.
I know but I've said it time and again, we've already invested two 1st round draft picks into the RB position recently and while it certainly hasn't been addressed, maybe its time to spend some love on other positions before we try to go back to the well for RB, or at the very least not a first rounder, I mean guys like Rice, MJD, and Arian foster recently have been available in later rounds (arian foster UDFA, Polians supposed strong suite...).

Again I love Burfict and he is definitely a difference maker, I just don't see him in a Tampa 2, more a Thumper in an odd front or at the very least not a guy who has to back peddle into a deep zone.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-27-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I like Carter a lot, I don't think spending a 1st rounder on a RB is a good idea at all. Actually I think I'd lose my mind a little if they picked a RB in the 1st.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just address the offensive and defensive line. For pete's sake. I'm tired of watching us get pushed around.

Also I want to see a safety get selected.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

i agree with u about adressing the line. however, as stated, i dont see any cant miss prospects at tackle and there are no gaurds/centers worth taking in round one. the same is true about the safeties in this draft.

overall its a pretty weak class in general.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I stand corrected. Decastro of stanford is eligable for the draft this year and would be a solid gaurd for us.

However, I would prefer a left tackle so we could kick Castonzo to the right side and slide Ijalana inside to gaurd. unfortunatly as i stated, noone seems to be a cant miss prospect at the position.

I would like to however give a bump to my boy Michael Brewster (center). I doubt he ends up going in the first but he is definitely a guy who should be on our radar. Solid all around guy in the pivot with tons of experience against top competition (4 year starter in the big ten). Has been overpowering in what has been a disappointing season to say the least. Neutralized the likes of Jarred Crick and Jerel Worthy (both should go in the first round this year) as well as a solid pro prospect in Miami's Marcus Foston.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting pretty sick of watching Saturday getting blown up on game day and Brewster would be an awesome replacement.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 10-28-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I don't even know what to say after these games anymore...

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I don't even know what to say after these games anymore...
I was actually going to post something similar. I'm not even upset anymore. I feel kind of numb to football this season.

I think the worst part is that I have zero faith in the front office to make the right moves to fix everything.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Perhaps a good news is that Rams won. Dolphins should, perhaps, hold on to one of these leads.

Just one team that looks completely hopeless out there. :)
Old 10-31-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Even then, what about the rest of the team? What about the completely directionless defense? Andrew Luck would of course be a great pick but it's going to take more than him, or Manning returning, to make this team the best it can be.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, regarding Luck, I have a very bad feeling that his camp is going to demand a trade if we get the 1st overall.

I mean, Colts might actually be the worst case scenario for him.

Too bad we didn't try to get "Captain Comeback" as our coach.