Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-06-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
at the brewery? might have to head up to boulder, then.
No, at a restaurant in KC.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 4 Sam Adams Octoberfest still one of my favorites of the style

Week 5: Saranac High Peaks Imperial IPA very very good specially for the price. Great hop character with amazing head retention.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might go meet the owner of Dogfish Head at a bar in Baltimore tonight. He is having a Dogfish tasting with 20 beers tonight.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I might go meet the owner of Dogfish Head at a bar in Baltimore tonight. He is having a Dogfish tasting with 20 beers tonight.
You should definitely go unless it's crazy expensive.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I concur... I love their beer so it would be a no brainer for me.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You should definitely go unless it's crazy expensive.
You just pay per beer like you would at any bar. He's kind of just taking over for the night. However one spot says it goes from 4-close and another 4-tbd. I doubt he stays to 1 am, so I'm just hoping he's there until 10 because I can't get there until 8.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just pay per beer like you would at any bar. He's kind of just taking over for the night. However one spot says it goes from 4-close and another 4-tbd. I doubt he stays to 1 am, so I'm just hoping he's there until 10 because I can't get there until 8.
Ohh even better. I'm sure he'll be there the whole time. What bar is it at?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ohh even better. I'm sure he'll be there the whole time. What bar is it at?
You think? 4pm-10pm is a long time time for someone like that. The bar is called Alewife. I've never been there because it's not in a particularly fun part of the city. But they have 40 beers on tap and the 95% are great American brews.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You think? 4pm-10pm is a long time time for someone like that. The bar is called Alewife. I've never been there because it's not in a particularly fun part of the city. But they have 40 beers on tap and the 95% are great American brews.
I'm sure he's getting paid to be there a certain amount of hours. Just call up and ask before you leave so you don't go if he's not there. He probably has special DogFish with him that you're not going to find anywhere else.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

So Sam, the owner of Dogfish, is real cool. Real interesting guy. For those who watched Brewmasters, he said it was cancelled because one of the big 3 American beer companies spends a lot of advertising money with Discovery Channel. Basically threatened to pull that money unless they canned the show. Although he said there was one final episode that never aired, that Discovery will actually air in December.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions lose must drink double

First Adnirondak Brewery's Dirty Blond Hefe Nice citric with some spice.

Secondly, Saranac Imperial Stout 9% ABV black as night even holding it up to the light I couldn't see through it. I defiantly tasted a variety of malts mostly chocolate and coffee.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to look up more on this Saranac brewery.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I bought a sampler 12 pack from Saranac last week. You get 2 of 6 different beers. The two Caramel Porters that came with it is all that is left and I have a feeling they are going to be in my fridge for a long time.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:43 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today is the day, boys. Beer tasting with Adam Avery in Kansas City! I'll have to fix my bike tires so I can ride on up there. Already know it won't end with me walking straight.

Kaiser, Maharaja, Czar, 2010 Samaels, 2010 Mephistopholes, 2009 Beast! Oh BOY!

I haven't been mixing it up much lately. My favorite neighborhood places usually just have Arrogant Bastard as the only legit choice on tap... But Nebraska Brewing Company finally started distributing hardcore in KC, and I've tried a few of theirs. I missed out on the rare one (champagne aged Hop God), but the regular Hopgod, IPA, and Infinite Wit are all solid!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had Star Hill's pumpkin spice beer last night, was much better then I thought. Left an excellent after taste as well.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I bought a sampler 12 pack from Saranac last week. You get 2 of 6 different beers. The two Caramel Porters that came with it is all that is left and I have a feeling they are going to be in my fridge for a long time.
I have to agree Saranac is a very Jekyll and Hyde Brewer. The High Peaks series (Imperial IPA and the Imperial Stout) are by far their best offerings that come in bottles although I'm very interested in trying their Wet Hop double IPA at some point. Their regular stout was very disappointing that I remember and their IPA was nothing special.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****! How have i not known about this thread's existence!!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yuengling had their Cincinnati tasting thing last night for bar owners/employees/the like. I cannot wait until October 31st when that hits the stores/bars.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to Canada not too long ago and had one of these. It was freaking delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

it's coming (well...it's here, actually)...

One of, if not the best stout in the world! CBS FTW!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Yuengling had their Cincinnati tasting thing last night for bar owners/employees/the like. I cannot wait until October 31st when that hits the stores/bars.
Wait, it hits that late? I find that surprising because we've had it in Columbus since the first. I still haven't had it!!!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

it's coming (well...it's here, actually)...

One of, if not the best stout in the world! CBS FTW!
The beer world had been up in arms due to the limited availability this year. If you find it I suggest you buy it on the spot.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

My bar is getting a keg of it.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Also... Avery tasting going well! Samaels inc!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Yeah... I am lit. Amazing!